Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #3076
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

this move is in the same area...to one of our other subdivisions...maybe the next move will be to a cooler climate!!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:27 AM   #3077
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Kim - that's great that your family wants to join you!

Shawna - you're moving? Are you staying in the same area? If not, Minnesota's a really nice place to live!

We're in our transition time now - just starting back up to summer dance - that will have one or both the girls at dance 4 nights a week - M-Th. We don't have too many plans until our big August trip. Trying to watch our spending! Although it seems there's always something we NEED to spend on - shoes, food, all that stuff!

disneyshakeygirl - it's always hard to leave a job, isn't it? I'm sure your new job will be wonderful too! Do you have the summer off in between?
I do have the summer off, thankfully. Thank you, I'm sure it'll be wonderful too
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #3078
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
We are planning our next trip! I haven't even finished sorting the pictures from this trip yet but my parents and my sister said they want to go with us when we go back again. Certainly no definite plans yet but even talking about a next trip makes me happy. It most likely won't be until fall/winter 2015 so my parents have enough time to save up for it. The last time we traveled together was when we all "met" back in 2009. My parents and sister are going to be amazed at how much Disney has changed since 2009!
Yay!!!! Even though it's far off, it's still the next trip. My mom really wants to do a big family trip, but it would have to be in July or early August (she works for a school district). I really have no desire to go at that time, but I would love to go with my sisters and parents. However, my mom can try to take over at times (hmm...wonder where I got that trait from) and the last time we went with them, Tony almost lost it. Anyways......

Happy for you Kim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post

How is everyone's summer? We are good!! I get my little nephew this weekend for a week...DD goes to church camp the week after and then mid-Aug my boys start back to High School. Our homeschool work for DD and ds14s part time stuff will begin the Monday after her church camp...Mornings are school and the evenings will be pool time!! That will count toward my boys' PE credit that they need!! woooohoooo!!
We will probably be putting our house on the market this weekend/beginning of next week. I redid some landscaping in the front on Saturday,..and I have to say I think it really added to the curb appeal!

Our summer is heating up..heat index has already been 106 a couple of days
What are you doing with your kids for summer? Anyone have big plans or news?!!!
Summer has been good so far. Madison's last day was the 18th of June and then this past week, she went to a day camp each day. It was for the gifted and talented kids and she had a blast (she went last year too). Tomorrow, she is going to Syracuse to spend a few days with my aunt. She is so excited! Then, the following week we jump back into craziness.

The week of July 8th is Vacation Bible School (I'm one of the leaders in the Games department again this year) and Irish dance summer classes begin (she'll go on Monday evenings and Wednesday afternoons. She's missing the first week of band (that will be on Tuesday and Thursday mornings). All of this goes until the first week in August. AHH!!!

If you've been reading my TR you've seen that I was invited to Disney's EarMarked conference in September!!! This is a huge honor and I'm so excited. Each EarMarked agency gets a certain number of delegates that get to attend and mine received 4 spots. It's going to be such a great experience.

I'm also working on a possible January trip with my parents for Marathon weekend. I'm signed up to run the inaugural 10K and we're trying to work on the finances right now. Of course, Southwest extended their schedule on Monday and the flights were $94 each way. Well, checked yesterday and the return flight jumped $20. This is a big deal when you're on a tight budget like us. Fingers crossed that I'll still be able to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post
Everything is going well here! I leave on Sunday for Florida (YAY!). We're spending 1 day at Disney (*GASP*) and having a generally good time in Orlando .
Have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
We're in our transition time now - just starting back up to summer dance - that will have one or both the girls at dance 4 nights a week - M-Th. We don't have too many plans until our big August trip. Trying to watch our spending! Although it seems there's always something we NEED to spend on - shoes, food, all that stuff!
I hear you with the crazy summer dance lessons! Madison also started private lessons with one of our Champion dancers. She is heading to Nationals (in Anaheim next week), so we have some time off right now. She has helped Madison so much and we love her.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:02 PM   #3079
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
If you've been reading my TR you've seen that I was invited to Disney's EarMarked conference in September!!! This is a huge honor and I'm so excited. Each EarMarked agency gets a certain number of delegates that get to attend and mine received 4 spots. It's going to be such a great experience.
Congratulations! What an honor.

I'm actually thinking of becoming a TA (not necessarily Disney), as a part time career, and perhaps to take me through retirement. (Yes, I'm old enough to begin thinking about retirement!) I'm trying to figure out where to start, though. If you have any hints . . .

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #3080
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
Congratulations! What an honor.

I'm actually thinking of becoming a TA (not necessarily Disney), as a part time career, and perhaps to take me through retirement. (Yes, I'm old enough to begin thinking about retirement!) I'm trying to figure out where to start, though. If you have any hints . . .
Thanks! I can't wait!!!

I did a lot of research online and searched for Authorized Disney Vacation Planners. There are a ton of agencies out there with lots of different requirements. My agency is small (30 agents) but some agencies have hundreds. I love my agency because we really are a team.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 06-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #3081
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
this move is in the same area...to one of our other subdivisions...maybe the next move will be to a cooler climate!!!!

It's cooler up here!!

Quote:

I pretty much did what Meghan did, researched Authorized Disney Vacation agencies online. I had just booked my August WDW trip with an agency because they had a much better deal than what WDW was offering. A few weeks later I applied with them (and found out that it was the same agency that a DIS friend of mine works for - and she gave me a great reference) and a few weeks later I was hired and starting my training!

The agency I work for is an EarMarked Agency and has about 30 agents. The agency specializes in Disney of course, but each agent can branch out and get authorized in other destinations as well and sell as much as they want. I just finished up my Universal training and can now offer that to my clients, as well as Vacaton Express (all-inclusive vacations all over the globe) trips, Wyndam Bonnet Creek resort, and many other hotel chains.

What I love most about my agency is the WDW Agency Exclusive specials we offer!! Super great deals for the clients!

Good luck if you decide to go in this direction. It's tough at first. You sure can't depend on it for a steady income. I have booked 8 trips in my first 4 months, but none of them have traveled yet. Therefore, no pay yet!

Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:47 PM   #3082
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Oh yeah... I would love to move up where all my Snowbirds are!! Mike's cousins are all in Penn and New Jersey! He said he thinks I would get real sick of the snow/slush/muddy mess being tracked in! Is he crazy? Anything is better than this sticky humidity I live in!!
Have you seen the heat wave that was supposed to be from CA to New Mex over the weekend and into this week?!!! up to the 130s in Death Valley!!! GEEEEEEEZZZZ!! I would hate to be there!
Old 07-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #3083
snykymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
I pretty much did what Meghan did, researched Authorized Disney Vacation agencies online. I had just booked my August WDW trip with an agency because they had a much better deal than what WDW was offering. A few weeks later I applied with them (and found out that it was the same agency that a DIS friend of mine works for - and she gave me a great reference) and a few weeks later I was hired and starting my training!

The agency I work for is an EarMarked Agency and has about 30 agents. The agency specializes in Disney of course, but each agent can branch out and get authorized in other destinations as well and sell as much as they want. I just finished up my Universal training and can now offer that to my clients, as well as Vacaton Express (all-inclusive vacations all over the globe) trips, Wyndam Bonnet Creek resort, and many other hotel chains.

What I love most about my agency is the WDW Agency Exclusive specials we offer!! Super great deals for the clients!

Good luck if you decide to go in this direction. It's tough at first. You sure can't depend on it for a steady income. I have booked 8 trips in my first 4 months, but none of them have traveled yet. Therefore, no pay yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I did a lot of research online and searched for Authorized Disney Vacation Planners. There are a ton of agencies out there with lots of different requirements. My agency is small (30 agents) but some agencies have hundreds. I love my agency because we really are a team.
Thank you both so much! I guess I have a lot of research to do!

Old 07-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #3084
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh yeah... I would love to move up where all my Snowbirds are!! Mike's cousins are all in Penn and New Jersey! He said he thinks I would get real sick of the snow/slush/muddy mess being tracked in! Is he crazy? Anything is better than this sticky humidity I live in!!
Have you seen the heat wave that was supposed to be from CA to New Mex over the weekend and into this week?!!! up to the 130s in Death Valley!!! GEEEEEEEZZZZ!! I would hate to be there!
He's right - it does get old!

I saw that on the news about the heat wave out west. Crazy!

Quote:
Thank you both so much! I guess I have a lot of research to do!
You're welcome. Good luck!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #3085
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

So I have some news...we just found out a few days ago...

Nothing on Facebook please...I prefer to announce things to family and close friends first, then to people I've never met (internet friends) before adding in everyone else.

Anyways...
It's a little surprising. I started having an inkling about it, while I was in Mexico with my Mom, but didn't take a test until Sunday.
The timing is pretty good, because my due date is the first week of March, which means my Mom will definitely be able to come for a week over her spring break, and my brother just proposed to his girlfriend, and they're planning their wedding for the first week of April. Hopefully this baby doesn't come too late!

The other exciting part of it is that Logan said that we could plan another trip to Disney once I have another baby and I can pick wherever I want to stay. I'm sure we'll still have some budgetary constraints, but I'm definitely planning on Deluxe this time. Now to decide where and when...
POFQ Apr 13-20 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #3086
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Becca!!!!! Congrats!!!!!
Love the Announcement photo!! toooo cute!!!!
Old 07-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #3087
snykymom

Becca, how wonderful! Congratulations!

Old 07-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #3088
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Congrats Becca!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 07-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #3089
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
So I have some news...we just found out a few days ago...

Nothing on Facebook please...I prefer to announce things to family and close friends first, then to people I've never met (internet friends) before adding in everyone else.

Anyways...
It's a little surprising. I started having an inkling about it, while I was in Mexico with my Mom, but didn't take a test until Sunday.
The timing is pretty good, because my due date is the first week of March, which means my Mom will definitely be able to come for a week over her spring break, and my brother just proposed to his girlfriend, and they're planning their wedding for the first week of April. Hopefully this baby doesn't come too late!

The other exciting part of it is that Logan said that we could plan another trip to Disney once I have another baby and I can pick wherever I want to stay. I'm sure we'll still have some budgetary constraints, but I'm definitely planning on Deluxe this time. Now to decide where and when...

CONGRATULATIONS!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #3090
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Congrats, Becca!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: