Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #3031
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day! It was miserable and cold here yesterday...not what we normally have on Mother's Day.

Still no trip in my future right now...hopefully going in January to run the new 10K. However, I have been planning lots of trips lately, so that makes me happy. I truly love my job!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #3032
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day! It was miserable and cold here yesterday...not what we normally have on Mother's Day.

Still no trip in my future right now...hopefully going in January to run the new 10K. However, I have been planning lots of trips lately, so that makes me happy. I truly love my job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Happy Mothers Day to all my peeps!!!!
Sheree and Kim~congrats on your countdown days!!! I am still a little over 6 months out...havent even started a ticker yet...it's still too far away! might work on that this week....
My boys are on their last week of school!! The next week they go for a couple of hours for two days to do finals and that's it!! Ready for our summer break!!!! And I am working on Park days and picking places for ADR dates that are coming up for a few people!!! woooohoooo!!
You ladies are so lucky to have day jobs that involve Disney!

Our Mickey Mail came on Friday!!!! The kids were SOOOO excited!!!! So am I!!! I'm going to start packing some things this week. I also want to find a minute or two and look over the park hours and kind of decide which parks which days. I don't really want too much set in stone though. We were really flexible our last trip and it made it a much more relaxing vacation.

Tomorrow we are going to try to do a little shopping for summer clothes. We wanted to go today but my dad's car broke down and Jason spent the whole day trying to fix it. At this point it may be beyond fixing. My parents don't have the money right now for a new car so I'm praying for a miracle for them.

Shawna- It's never too early for a ticker!

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #3033
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
You ladies are so lucky to have day jobs that involve Disney!

Our Mickey Mail came on Friday!!!! The kids were SOOOO excited!!!! So am I!!! I'm going to start packing some things this week. I also want to find a minute or two and look over the park hours and kind of decide which parks which days. I don't really want too much set in stone though. We were really flexible our last trip and it made it a much more relaxing vacation.

Tomorrow we are going to try to do a little shopping for summer clothes. We wanted to go today but my dad's car broke down and Jason spent the whole day trying to fix it. At this point it may be beyond fixing. My parents don't have the money right now for a new car so I'm praying for a miracle for them.

Shawna- It's never too early for a ticker!
I am going to start one this weekend....my ADR date is Monday...praying for your folks,..that is no fun to be without transportation~especially when most of us don't live in places conducive to walking!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #3034
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Kim~how's it going with your Disney packing/planning? I never ask on FB because I don't know who publicizes they are going out of town and who doesn't...I don't like too, personally,...but I know other people don't mind...anyhoo....I know the kids are super excited!!did y'all make a calendar or anything this time for them to mark off? Or are you using the end of the school year for that?
I had booked us CL at the Yacht Club...we have been to the BC several times but the YC is always booked...and dh always wants the BC. He is trying to talk me back into the BC but I don't think so... I want to do something different...I guess if we got over there and totally hated it we could try to switch over but, I think once he is there he will adjust.....And I could only get Standard View for CL~but going back & forth, I have decided to drop the CL and go for Garden View instead....we are not in the room THAT much, but I was hesitant because we are on the balcony area sometimes...and I can't justify the CL this year...we have some other small trips planned and ds17 will be a Sr and we will have lots of extra 'little' things pop up all year!!! And with the extra that I save from CL, ds14 reaaaaally wants to do MVMCP. We did it last year and I told them we would skip a year for sure, but he wants to do it, so we probably will! I have plenty of time to decide...I just made sure my park days were adjustable if we choose to go.
I had my 180 day yesterday and got all the places we wanted to eat!!! Be Our Guest is one!! I looked at the menu and I think for it's something the kids will enjoy....I have heard that they are having trouble with timing and that even with a ressie, people are waiting 2 hours...this is an ADR I may give up..I just really wanted to try it and they have time to improve the glitches by then!! But, we got Tonys, Rose & Crown, Nine Dragons, Biergarten and 50s Prime Time.
I started a ticker, let the kids pick what they liked,but I am not so crazy about it, so I may have to redo it! They never look at it anyway, and I see it all the time....

Old 05-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #3035
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

ok...had to change my ticker... I like this one much much better!

Old 05-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #3036
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ok...had to change my ticker... I like this one much much better!
I like this one!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #3037
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I like this one!
Thanks! Now to wait...

Old 05-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #3038
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Kim~how's it going with your Disney packing/planning? I never ask on FB because I don't know who publicizes they are going out of town and who doesn't...I don't like too, personally,...but I know other people don't mind...anyhoo....I know the kids are super excited!!did y'all make a calendar or anything this time for them to mark off? Or are you using the end of the school year for that?
I had booked us CL at the Yacht Club...we have been to the BC several times but the YC is always booked...and dh always wants the BC. He is trying to talk me back into the BC but I don't think so... I want to do something different...I guess if we got over there and totally hated it we could try to switch over but, I think once he is there he will adjust.....And I could only get Standard View for CL~but going back & forth, I have decided to drop the CL and go for Garden View instead....we are not in the room THAT much, but I was hesitant because we are on the balcony area sometimes...and I can't justify the CL this year...we have some other small trips planned and ds17 will be a Sr and we will have lots of extra 'little' things pop up all year!!! And with the extra that I save from CL, ds14 reaaaaally wants to do MVMCP. We did it last year and I told them we would skip a year for sure, but he wants to do it, so we probably will! I have plenty of time to decide...I just made sure my park days were adjustable if we choose to go.
I had my 180 day yesterday and got all the places we wanted to eat!!! Be Our Guest is one!! I looked at the menu and I think for it's something the kids will enjoy....I have heard that they are having trouble with timing and that even with a ressie, people are waiting 2 hours...this is an ADR I may give up..I just really wanted to try it and they have time to improve the glitches by then!! But, we got Tonys, Rose & Crown, Nine Dragons, Biergarten and 50s Prime Time.
I started a ticker, let the kids pick what they liked,but I am not so crazy about it, so I may have to redo it! They never look at it anyway, and I see it all the time....
I'm the same way. I don't like publicizing my vacation plans for a number of reasons. Mostly because I don't want flack from people.

As per BOG...we waited...around 15 minutes, and were seated 5 minutes before our reservation time. It was for a 9:05pm ADR, so that may have had something to do with it.
I would think they'd have things better managed by 6 months from now, but you never know with Disney.

As for us...I'm dealing with my Mom's 50th birthday this weekend. She called one of my aunts to basically complain, because we seem to be overlooking her. When in fact my uncle is bringing his brand new baby up to see her as a surprise.
This is part of the reason I hate surprises.

Anyways...being the ungrateful and bitter child of divorce that I am... I'm annoyed by the whole thing.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:36 PM   #3039
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

oh gosh Becca...hopefully it'll all pan out and she won't say too much more or she will feel rotten when she finds out!

Old 05-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #3040
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Two weeks from today I'll be washing last minute laundry and loading up our truck for Disney!!! I CANNOT wait!!!!!! I have just about everything we need except for snacks and drinks for the ride. I'm going to go shopping for that stuff next weekend.

We're going camping this weekend and I'm excited for a mini getaway before our trip. Why is it that the last couple weeks before vacation seem to drag? And yet I know I will blink and our week in Disney will be over.

I don't know that I'll post to FB while we're in Disney. I usually cave and share a pic or two but it's probably not the smartest move for safety reasons. My neighbors keep an eye on our house and we never usually have any trouble but it seems like there are more and more break ins lately just because of the economy so perhaps I'll keep it quiet until we return. I'm always up for texting while we're traveling lol

Becca- Hope everything goes well with the surprise party and your mom apologizes. I'm not a fan of surprise parties. They're too stressful!

Shawna- LOVE the ticker!!!!

Old 05-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #3041
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Two weeks from today I'll be washing last minute laundry and loading up our truck for Disney!!! I CANNOT wait!!!!!! I have just about everything we need except for snacks and drinks for the ride. I'm going to go shopping for that stuff next weekend.

We're going camping this weekend and I'm excited for a mini getaway before our trip. Why is it that the last couple weeks before vacation seem to drag? And yet I know I will blink and our week in Disney will be over.

I don't know that I'll post to FB while we're in Disney. I usually cave and share a pic or two but it's probably not the smartest move for safety reasons. My neighbors keep an eye on our house and we never usually have any trouble but it seems like there are more and more break ins lately just because of the economy so perhaps I'll keep it quiet until we return. I'm always up for texting while we're traveling lol

Becca- Hope everything goes well with the surprise party and your mom apologizes. I'm not a fan of surprise parties. They're too stressful!

Shawna- LOVE the ticker!!!!
oh.my.word. 14 days!!!!! by this time...who can wait?!!! I know, it does drag, then you look up and it's the last night at Disney and you are trying to enjoy it and not cry at the same time....I always feel so ungrateful at that point! I have neighbors here who will watch our house, but I still don't want to 'proclaim our absence'...they can't watch it 24/7, or our office..so we just don't tell people..of course, people in your daily routine know, but they are not going around telling every Tom Dick and Harry...so it's to a minimum for sure.
my little sweetie woke up with a 'weird feeling' in her tummy and not feeling too hot...hopefully it'll pass quickly...kind of put my day on hold...I work at our office on Thursdays, so I am just waiting to see if she gets better by noon... I hate when they feel bad!!!!
I changed our reservation from Standard view Club Level at the Yacht Club to just a Garden View...no CL... I am having a much more peaceful feeling about it..the views were iffy and the expense I couldn't justify... Last year it was worth it...but this year not so much. And with DS17 being a Sr in HS this coming year, and a couple of small family trips from now till Graduation, I just thought it was wiser to nix it...it is convenient and it's great for Breakfast! But, once I made the change, I knew it was the right decision...I will just ship a box of stuff again like I have always done in the past ...filled with breakfast bars and stuff like that...but it's so far away at this point I am not really thinking about it! LOL!!

Old 05-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #3042
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Kim- You better text me some pictures!

I do tend to post stuff on Facebook when we're at Disney. Obviously, all of my clients know that I'm gone (my fellow agents act as back-up which is awesome) and so does my family. My mom usually comes over every few days to feed and play with our cats. We also live next door to a police officer...he asks for extra patrols while we're gone and he keeps an eye on our house. Love it! All of our houses are very close to one another, so it's easy to watch.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #3043
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Hi, all! I haven't been on these boards for more than a month!

Glad to see everyone's doing well. I've been doing a bit of planning for our Orlando trip. But since my d's job is still up in the air, everything is tentative. She's actually more excited about Harry Potter World than Disney this time, so I've booked us into the Royal Pacific at Universal for "bookended" weekends! I'll cancel whichever she doesn't want to/can't do. And then I think we'll spend a day at Discovery Cove; I've always wanted to do that.

It'll be nice when I can make firm plans!

Happy Memorial Day to you all!
Old 05-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #3044
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Kim- You better text me some pictures!

I do tend to post stuff on Facebook when we're at Disney. Obviously, all of my clients know that I'm gone (my fellow agents act as back-up which is awesome) and so does my family. My mom usually comes over every few days to feed and play with our cats. We also live next door to a police officer...he asks for extra patrols while we're gone and he keeps an eye on our house. Love it! All of our houses are very close to one another, so it's easy to watch.
Of course I'll be texting you! And you can definitely count on some pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post

Glad to see everyone's doing well. I've been doing a bit of planning for our Orlando trip. But since my d's job is still up in the air, everything is tentative. She's actually more excited about Harry Potter World than Disney this time, so I've booked us into the Royal Pacific at Universal for "bookended" weekends! I'll cancel whichever she doesn't want to/can't do. And then I think we'll spend a day at Discovery Cove; I've always wanted to do that.

Glad you're doing well too! Hope you get to make definite plans soon!

Old 05-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #3045
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post

Hi! I hope things get settled for your plans soon. It sounds fun! I know within a couple years we'll be hitting up Harry Potter too. I hope my kids are still interested in it then. Discovery Cove sounds nice too! My DD would love that!

We're just doing a lot of hanging out and visiting with family and friends this weekend. I am of course, doing lots of chores too! It's DH's birthday today (50!!) and I'm baking his favorite treats. Plus it's finally nice enough out I can do some flowers!

Happy Memorial Day weekend!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: