Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #2986
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Congrats on the trip! I hope one of your interviews pans out.
Thank you to both! I'm super excited for the trip, I haven't been to Florida in three years. As for the interviews, I have a good feeling about one of them, it's a nanny share.
disneyshakeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #2987
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Just checking in. My office is right near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, so we were closed yesterday. Today, it was under lockdown, within the zone of the crime scene. Not the way I want a day off.

We're open again tomorrow. I'm not sure how I'm going to react to the devastation in an area I've worked in for over 15 years.

Oh, but on a brighter note - my ADR date was earlier this month. I managed to get V&A for my d's birthday, and I snagged a dinner reservation at BOG. The rest we'll probably wing - we prefer resort restaurants that tend not to get booked up.
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #2988
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
Just checking in. My office is right near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, so we were closed yesterday. Today, it was under lockdown, within the zone of the crime scene. Not the way I want a day off.

We're open again tomorrow. I'm not sure how I'm going to react to the devastation in an area I've worked in for over 15 years.

Oh, but on a brighter note - my ADR date was earlier this month. I managed to get V&A for my d's birthday, and I snagged a dinner reservation at BOG. The rest we'll probably wing - we prefer resort restaurants that tend not to get booked up.
Good thing you were closed yesterday! How scary. I bet it will be strange to go back.

Good job on the ADRs!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #2989
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post

How scary!

Glad you got your ADR's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Hey Everyone! I haven't been posting a lot but I do still get the emails from this wonderful group. I saw this conversation and wanted to chime in. Unless Miss E is 7 (sorry Kim, I can't remember if she is 6 or 7) she can not ride unless accompanied by someone 14 or older. See the comment below - thisis from a recent thread that I was following a little while ago. If she is 7 than no problem.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=16

I have a bit of Disney news myself - but y'all are gonna have to wait for it!!! I promise to be back soon!
Bummer. She's only 6 but she is the height of a 7yr old. I may be able to ride it once. I'm thinking twice in a row was just asking for trouble.

Can't wait to hear about your Disney news!!!

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #2990
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

These arrived yesterday! The kids are so excited!!!! We sat tonight and they picked out some of the ebay pins I ordered on the straps. I packed them away in my Disney stash so they don't play with them between now and the trip!

Old 04-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #2991
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Kim! (NDG)You leave us hanging like that with "a bit of Disney news"?????

You BETTER be back soon, my friend!!

Kim - (Monny) those are super cute! Are those autograph books or card holders or what?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #2992
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Kim, Kim,...don't you know we are an impatient bunch?!!! SPILL IT!!!

Kim~ Love the kids little bags and auto books!!!!!! Good job!!!

Well, today was mine and Mike's 19th anniversary!!!!

So, we got new wedding bands!!! I totally love them!! Mine is being resized, but his was a perfect fit and l love it so much! they are both very different, but both so 'us'!!! So,...we had dinner out also, and now here we sit on FB and the Disboards!! LOL!!!!! We are both exhausted...ring shopping will take it out of ya!!! But, we got married when I was 19 (I turned 20 that summer) and so he has had me half of my life at this point.. YAY for Mike!!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #2993
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

So sorry to keep y'all just hangin around! HA!!!

Well, what do you think of my signature????? I didn't have enough time to create a proper ticker but i will do that later! Gotta run! Off to my Ladies Bible Study this morning! TTYL! xoxo
Old 04-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #2994
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Well, what do you think of my signature????? I didn't have enough time to create a proper ticker but i will do that later! Gotta run! Off to my Ladies Bible Study this morning! TTYL! xoxo
How exciting!!!!! I am so glad you are getting to do this together!!!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #2995
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
These arrived yesterday! The kids are so excited!!!! We sat tonight and they picked out some of the ebay pins I ordered on the straps. I packed them away in my Disney stash so they don't play with them between now and the trip!

Love them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post

So, we got new wedding bands!!! I totally love them!! Mine is being resized, but his was a perfect fit and l love it so much! they are both very different, but both so 'us'!!! So,...we had dinner out also, and now here we sit on FB and the Disboards!! LOL!!!!! We are both exhausted...ring shopping will take it out of ya!!! But, we got married when I was 19 (I turned 20 that summer) and so he has had me half of my life at this point.. YAY for Mike!!!!

Happy Anniversary!! Congrats on the new rings!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #2996
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I like it a LOT!! Congrats! I'm sure you will have a blast! Especially when it's warm and you have that great pool to enjoy!

Quote:

Happy Anniversary to you both! I'd love to see pics of your new rings!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #2997
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

YAY! Congrats!

Disney Mommy 3 - Happy Anniversary!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #2998
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I like it a LOT!! Congrats! I'm sure you will have a blast! Especially when it's warm and you have that great pool to enjoy!

Happy Anniversary to you both! I'd love to see pics of your new rings!
when I get mine back I will have to send you a pic!! It's getting resized...will have it today or tomorrow maybe!
Old 04-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #2999
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Kim! (NDG)You leave us hanging like that with "a bit of Disney news"?????

You BETTER be back soon, my friend!!

Kim - (Monny) those are super cute! Are those autograph books or card holders or what?
They are autograph books. I bought them off of etsy!
Quote:

So exciting!!! Can't wait to hear details about your trip!
Quote:

Happy anniversary to you both! Half your life is definitely an accomplishment!

Old 04-19-2013, 07:50 AM   #3000
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Some news here on my part - I've been offered a job and it looks like I'm going to be offered another one! One's a nanny share, with two one year old children. The other is for three children, all school age.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: