Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #2956
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

I didn't go to Junior Prom and went to Senior Prom with 7 other girls.
Dinner, photos, and the ride over to prom was fun, but the actual prom was awful. Half the girls I was with were whining because the guy they wanted to go with was there with another girl.
I sewed my own dress to make the whole experience more interesting.
I didn't date at all until I met DH at college first semester. I was interested in boys, but none of them were ever interested in me, and I never cared enough to actually ask a guy out myself.
Sometimes I wonder if I should have dated more, then I remember that DH is about as awesome as guys get. I mean...in 4 years of marriage, he's taking me to Disney for the 3rd time next week...

Oh yeah...I'll be at Disney in FOUR DAYS!!!!
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #2957
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

I didn't go to Junior Prom either. That night, I went out to dinner and a movie with 2 of my best friends. So much fun!

I did got to Senior Prom with one of my close guy friends. He was 2 years younger than me and he was friends with all of my friends. It was a super fun night with my closest friends.

I met Tony my first semester of college and he was a senior in high school. I got to go to formal dances with him, so that was nice. He was my one and only boyfriend and looking back, I'm so happy about that. He's pretty awesome.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #2958
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Becca- Happy 4 days til Disney!!!!

Ouch! Rough prom stories I had a great time at my Jr Prom. I didn't have a date and had a great time with a group of friends. Sr. Prom I had a date but he was a bum. He wanted to sit at the table the whole night and was in a bad mood since it was my school's dance and he didn't know anyone. I made the best of it and hung out with some friends. We broke up soon after- good riddance! I met DH less than a year later and realized how I was supposed to be treated.

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #2959
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Happy belated birthday to all the Snowbird Babies!

(although they're not really babies anymore are they? )

Old 04-09-2013, 11:05 PM   #2960
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Thank the Lord we ended up with Mr. Right...I know I went through a couple of Mr. Wrongs & found out REAL quick what wasn't right for me! If I went out on a date with a guy a time or two and didnt have a good feeling I didn't date them after that-- I had friends that thought I was crazy! They would say, who cares if you dont like him? Its a free dinner and a movie right? I hated that... I just couldn't do that to someone...and we all were from a small small high school so I was pretty much friends with everybody... I just couldn't do that to anyone who was my friend!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #2961
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

We are having some really lovely weather this week!!!! It's absolutely gorgeous out! It puts me in the mood to go shopping for some summer clothes...for Disney of course

I'm starting to get really excited for our trip now! I pulled out my packing list and am thinking of the little things to start my shopping list. This is going to be such a different trip for us- June sun and heat, no stroller, no backpack, no ADR's.

I'm ordering these crossbody bags for the kids for the trip so they can carry their own autograph books, pins, small snack, etc. A friend of mine just came back and she said her kids loved them and she loved not feeling like a pack mule!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/nickaroo5055?ref=seller_info

and these were too cute to pass up while I was at Walmart the other day
http://www.walmart.com/ip/O2-Cool-Ca...g-Fan/15992433

I'm also going to get these for us so we can carry some water bottles and keep hydrated. The kids and I will clip them to our bags and DH will clip his to his belt loop.
https://bisondesigns.com/Hydro%20Clip/Bottle%20Bandit

Old 04-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #2962
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Kim...I love that idea for the kids!!! I bet that is going to be the new trend...they need to start packing there own stuff! I think that's one reason I used to feel so tired...mercy! The load we have to tote!!! Which pattern have they picked?
Our weather has been pretty too~but we hit 80 yesterday already!!! but, we are waiting on a cool front and lots of rain for this evening and cooler days through the weekend....
DD has dance practice most of the day Sat for her upcoming recital, but Mike and I have to squeeze a date in there some time this weekend...our anniv is Tuesday...this year he has had me exactly half of my life!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #2963
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Kim...I love that idea for the kids!!! I bet that is going to be the new trend...they need to start packing there own stuff! I think that's one reason I used to feel so tired...mercy! The load we have to tote!!! Which pattern have they picked?
Our weather has been pretty too~but we hit 80 yesterday already!!! but, we are waiting on a cool front and lots of rain for this evening and cooler days through the weekend....
DD has dance practice most of the day Sat for her upcoming recital, but Mike and I have to squeeze a date in there some time this weekend...our anniv is Tuesday...this year he has had me exactly half of my life!
Andrew is stuck between Star Wars and POTC. Emily wants Nemo- she sleeps with a little stuffed Nemo every night and I think she loves him more than her Princesses I'm going to have them look one more time this afternoon when they get home from school and decide so I can order them.

Happy almost anniversary! Hope you squeeze in a date night to celebrate- half your life is a milestone!

Em's dance recital is next weekend! She has two more classes to practice and then our Wednesday nights will be more relaxing!

Old 04-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #2964
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Good morning Snowbirds!!

We have had some fabulous weather this week too! 77 yesterday!! It is awesome and really gets me in the mood for summer. I can't wait!

Kim - cute stuff!! Those are the same misters my kids carry at WDW!! I've already started clothes shopping for WDW and my trip isn't until the end of August!

A summer WDW trip will be different for you. Just take it slow and remember that it's not your first time there and won't be your last! We did much better than I ever expected us to on our August trip. Are you not making any ADR's? I go light on them in the summer, but it's nice to have some for a nice long break in the AC!

Not too much else going on here. I booked 2 trips right away after becoming an agent, and now it's slow going. I figured that would happen. It's okay though, the school has offered me a long term sub job starting in a few weeks and going until the end of the school year. I am considering taking it. So that will keep me busy and build up the WDW saving account!!

Soccer started back up for DS11 over the past week and his first game is Sunday, so we're excited for that to get started!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #2965
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

So, when do all your little chickees get out of school? My homeschool part will be done in 3 weeks, and the boys school gets out the week of May 25...but they have rotating finals that week, so I am not sure what they will each have as a last day yet...they haven't given us the schedule for the exams yet...
Old 04-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #2966
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

June 6 and then we are done until after Labor Day!!!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #2967
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Good morning Snowbirds!!

We have had some fabulous weather this week too! 77 yesterday!! It is awesome and really gets me in the mood for summer. I can't wait!

Kim - cute stuff!! Those are the same misters my kids carry at WDW!! I've already started clothes shopping for WDW and my trip isn't until the end of August!

A summer WDW trip will be different for you. Just take it slow and remember that it's not your first time there and won't be your last! We did much better than I ever expected us to on our August trip. Are you not making any ADR's? I go light on them in the summer, but it's nice to have some for a nice long break in the AC!

Not too much else going on here. I booked 2 trips right away after becoming an agent, and now it's slow going. I figured that would happen. It's okay though, the school has offered me a long term sub job starting in a few weeks and going until the end of the school year. I am considering taking it. So that will keep me busy and build up the WDW saving account!!

Soccer started back up for DS11 over the past week and his first game is Sunday, so we're excited for that to get started!
Thanks for the summer tips! I'm sure you'll have more clients soon! Good luck to DS this soccer season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
So, when do all your little chickees get out of school? My homeschool part will be done in 3 weeks, and the boys school gets out the week of May 25...but they have rotating finals that week, so I am not sure what they will each have as a last day yet...they haven't given us the schedule for the exams yet...
Our schools are done Monday, June 10th. It was supposed to be Friday, June 7th but they tacked on a snow makeup day. MY kids are done on Thursday, June 6th and we're actually throwing around the idea of picking them up early and leaving Thursday afternoon. We'll see. The kids and I are working on wearing DH down.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #2968
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

our weather S*CKS! We are going to have a MAJOR snowstorm tonight - we're talking 10" of snow in MID APRIL!!! Man, this girl is NOT happy!
Guess I'll try out the all wheel drive on the new car.

We get out of school on June 6 too and then start up on September 3.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #2969
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
We are having some really lovely weather this week!!!! It's absolutely gorgeous out! It puts me in the mood to go shopping for some summer clothes...for Disney of course

I'm starting to get really excited for our trip now! I pulled out my packing list and am thinking of the little things to start my shopping list. This is going to be such a different trip for us- June sun and heat, no stroller, no backpack, no ADR's.

I'm ordering these crossbody bags for the kids for the trip so they can carry their own autograph books, pins, small snack, etc. A friend of mine just came back and she said her kids loved them and she loved not feeling like a pack mule!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/nickaroo5055?ref=seller_info

and these were too cute to pass up while I was at Walmart the other day
http://www.walmart.com/ip/O2-Cool-Ca...g-Fan/15992433

I'm also going to get these for us so we can carry some water bottles and keep hydrated. The kids and I will clip them to our bags and DH will clip his to his belt loop.
https://bisondesigns.com/Hydro%20Clip/Bottle%20Bandit
Love those bags Kim! Very cute. Madison has carried a little cinch backpack very trip. She puts her autograph book, pen, handheld battery operated fan, Hidden Mickey book, etc. Love it!

Our weather was great over the weekend and it wasn't bad Monday. It was a bit cooler yesterday and we had a crazy thunderstorm last night. Today has been dreary and another thunderstorm rolled through....right when Madison got out of school. Not fun!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #2970
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Hmmm....those little mister fans are apparently "in stock" at my local store. I have to make a "final" trip tonight anyways, so maybe I'll pick some up.
I think I'll also look for some big hooks for our water bottles. We'll have the stroller, but our "adult console" only has a spot for one bottle and it's really frustrating to lean over every time you need water.
I'm not expecting it to be as hot next week as it was during July, but you never know.

Those bags are soo cute, and they look as if they're the perfect size to carry essentials, but can't really be overloaded.

I'm so close to being all ready to go. Mine and Gideon's stuff is mostly packed, I'm just waiting until I make my final shopping trip before I get everything completely organized (that packing list my TA sent me sure is coming in handy ) I went with the gallon bag method of packing this time, and it worked better than I thought it would, and it's going to be so easy to move things around to get them packed just right.

Now I'm trying to decide if we really need that third suitcase. We get "free" bags, so I'm tempted to take it, especially since my sister asked me to grab some shorts from her room at our Mom's. Apparently, she doesn't have a huge need for shorts up in Idaho
Granted...I didn't wear shorts hardly at all until I got the job as a parking nazi and spent most days outside rain or shine. That job was so great for keeping in shape for Disney. DH and I keep joking that we're not going to be able to tour hard at all this time, because we've both been so lazy lately. Luckily, we have a 2 year old to blame our slow pace on.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: