Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #2911
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Kim...I saw the mini Hipster this week and it is really cute!!!! It is amazing how much junk gets in a bag~~ I think this time I could go smaller...I plan to have my camera around my neck on the strap.Gracie likes having her own little crossbody to wear and I don't really need to carry that much junk around the parks anymore!
Sheree~hope you are feeling better today! Give Paige a best wishes hug from us for dance tonight! i can assume you are packed and ready,..right?
Old 03-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #2912
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Sheree - I hope you're feeling better now!

disney mommy 3 - Thank you! This is an ideal job for me, and it would mean a great deal to me if I got it.

Kim - Thank you!
disneyshakeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #2913
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Boy, this winter doesn't give up! It started snowing here on Thursday, continued into Friday - we got 2 FEET of snow! We actually got more this time than from the megablizzard in February.

At least the sun's out today, and it's beautiful. But enough already!
Old 03-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #2914
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! The St. Patrick's Day season starts for us today...2 shows tonight, 1 on Tuesday,1 on Wednesday, a bunch on Friday (I take Maddie out of school) an then a few next Saturday. Then we top it all off with the big parade on the 17th. Fingers crossed for a day like today. It's 50 degrees and very sunny! Spring is coming!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #2915
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Hi Snowbirds. If you could take a moment to keep a dear friend's nephew in your thoughts and prayers today I would greatly appreciate it. His name is Josh and he's 18. He has a heart condition and the only chance for him is a heart transplant. He's been on the list for months now and finally a donor heart came through today. He's in surgery right now and it isn't going well

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #2916
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Hi Snowbirds. If you could take a moment to keep a dear friend's nephew in your thoughts and prayers today I would greatly appreciate it. His name is Josh and he's 18. He has a heart condition and the only chance for him is a heart transplant. He's been on the list for months now and finally a donor heart came through today. He's in surgery right now and it isn't going well
Will most definitely be thinking of Josh! That's horrible
Old 03-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #2917
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Prayers for Josh and the family.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #2918
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers for Josh. He's slowly progressing. It will definitely be a long road with some bumps but for now he is doing as well as to be expected. I couldn't imagine being 18 and facing a heart transplant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Hey everyone! The St. Patrick's Day season starts for us today...2 shows tonight, 1 on Tuesday,1 on Wednesday, a bunch on Friday (I take Maddie out of school) an then a few next Saturday. Then we top it all off with the big parade on the 17th. Fingers crossed for a day like today. It's 50 degrees and very sunny! Spring is coming!
Hope you have a beautiful spring weather day for the parade! Good luck to Maddie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post
Sheree - I hope you're feeling better now!

disney mommy 3 - Thank you! This is an ideal job for me, and it would mean a great deal to me if I got it.

Kim - Thank you!
Any word on the nannying gig?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
Boy, this winter doesn't give up! It started snowing here on Thursday, continued into Friday - we got 2 FEET of snow! We actually got more this time than from the megablizzard in February.

At least the sun's out today, and it's beautiful. But enough already!
Yuck! I'm done with winter! Hope you've shoveled out by now!

Old 03-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #2919
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Hey Snowbirds, I have some news!! Those of you who read my TR have probably already seen this, but I wanted to share here as well. Can't really share too much on here from what I hear, but I have become an Authorized Disney Travel Agent!!! It's something that I have been thinking about for quite some time and finally decided to go for it. I took and passed all my online Disney TA courses and was hired by an agency. It is a great agency that offers some really great deals very often, so I look forward to helping lots of people take their Disney dream vacation!

I have a facebook page set up for the business, if anyone wants to take a look just send me a PM.

So that's about all I can say on here. Just wanted to share my awesome new with you all!!

Old 03-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #2920
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys
Hey Snowbirds, I have some news!! Those of you who read my TR have probably already seen this, but I wanted to share here as well. Can't really share too much on here from what I hear, but I have become an Authorized Disney Travel Agent!!! It's something that I have been thinking about for quite some time and finally decided to go for it. I took and passed all my online Disney TA courses and was hired by an agency. It is a great agency that offers some really great deals very often, so I look forward to helping lots of people take their Disney dream vacation!

I have a facebook page set up for the business, if anyone wants to take a look just send me a PM.

So that's about all I can say on here. Just wanted to share my awesome new with you all!!
Welcome to the Disney TA family! I absolutely love my job.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #2921
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Welcome to the Disney TA family! I absolutely love my job.

Thanks Meghan! Glad to hear you are enjoying it so much. I am very excited!!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #2922
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers for Josh. He's slowly progressing. It will definitely be a long road with some bumps but for now he is doing as well as to be expected. I couldn't imagine being 18 and facing a heart transplant!

Hope you have a beautiful spring weather day for the parade! Good luck to Maddie!

Any word on the nannying gig?

Yuck! I'm done with winter! Hope you've shoveled out by now!
Not yet, sadly. The mother was supposed to contact me via the phone last week or the week before. I've heard nothing yet and I don't have her phone number. I sent her a message late last week, to confirm that she had indeed received my number, resume and references (as she had requested). I've heard nothing back. Oh, well. Hopefully someone will hire me!
Old 03-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #2923
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post

Congrats Shelly!!!!! That sounds like so much fun!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post
Not yet, sadly. The mother was supposed to contact me via the phone last week or the week before. I've heard nothing yet and I don't have her phone number. I sent her a message late last week, to confirm that she had indeed received my number, resume and references (as she had requested). I've heard nothing back. Oh, well. Hopefully someone will hire me!
Crossing fingers you hear something soon! 2

Old 03-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #2924
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Snowbirds! Just back from Hilton Head - for those of you not on FB - I LOVED IT!!! I plan to spend some winters in South Carolina in the future! Charleston is so great!! Just beautiful! Spent a day in Savannah too. So relaxing - and a lot less stressful than a WDW visit. We all had a wonderful trip. Plus it's a lot cheaper - with DVC of course, and no park tickets! We probably spent less than we would have spent just on the park tickets at WDW! I'm happy to answer any questions - might or might not do a TR. Never managed to do an October one, maybe I'll do a combo.

Shelly -congrats on the new job! I think I know about 8 - 10 Disney TAs now (all from the DIS of course!) You will be great at it! I'd like your info please.

Is everyone else still waiting for spring break? I know ours is earlier than most. Lots of people from Toronto were down at HHI with us.

Sadly, we came home to VERY cold weather and impending snow tonight!! Even for Minnesota, this is pretty late. Ugh. Should be a fun commute to work tomorrow. Dave was smart, he took an extra day off.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #2925
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl
Hi Snowbirds! Just back from Hilton Head - for those of you not on FB - I LOVED IT!!! I plan to spend some winters in South Carolina in the future! Charleston is so great!! Just beautiful! Spent a day in Savannah too. So relaxing - and a lot less stressful than a WDW visit. We all had a wonderful trip. Plus it's a lot cheaper - with DVC of course, and no park tickets! We probably spent less than we would have spent just on the park tickets at WDW! I'm happy to answer any questions - might or might not do a TR. Never managed to do an October one, maybe I'll do a combo.

Shelly -congrats on the new job! I think I know about 8 - 10 Disney TAs now (all from the DIS of course!) You will be great at it! I'd like your info please.

Is everyone else still waiting for spring break? I know ours is earlier than most. Lots of people from Toronto were down at HHI with us.

Sadly, we came home to VERY cold weather and impending snow tonight!! Even for Minnesota, this is pretty late. Ugh. Should be a fun commute to work tomorrow. Dave was smart, he took an extra day off.
I'm glad you had a great trip! What are the rooms like? I'm on FB but don't have anyone from here added .

We've just had our spring break this past week (I'm close to Toronto and the different schools pretty much run the same holiday schedule).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: