Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #2896
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
I started using MMS (mymemories . com)a few years ago. I looked into other programs like Photoshop Elements but I'm not all that technologically advanced. Plus those programs were really expensive! MMS is $40 and really easy to use. It certainly doesn't have all the fancy stuff like PSE but it works enough for me. I like that you can use kits purchased directly from MMS as well as digiscrap kits from anywhere else. Some software like Creative Memories limits you to just their kits.
GIMP is free, and it would definitely be a lot more work, but even by just compiling the freebies from Kelly Bell Designs, I think I could probably put together a little extra Disney theming for my next photobook. I'd love to make one entirely from one of our Disney trips, but we'll see. I already make general ones every year to send to the grandparents for Christmas.
I guess it just depends on how the pictures go this year... I'm hopeful that G will take to the characters, but he may not. There are a lot of other things to take pictures of...but maybe not enough to warrant a full book.
While I was working on my PTR, he saw some of our pictures from old trips, and he seemed quite intrigued by the fact that Mommy & Daddy seem to know Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck! He didn't believe that the baby in the picture was him though.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #2897
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Kim - that is a great scrapbook! Makes me want to go in December again!

We have really had a mild winter here - not as mild as last year (we hardly got any snow last year). But had a good stretch of below 0 temps. Now it's around 30 for the high for this week. Our spring break is in one more week - it's always about the second week of March. By then I REALLY need a vacation!

When I was a kid, we had a week in February - I think it was to close the school during the coldest time - they called it Energy Week! Yup, I'm that old!

I still would prefer to go in mid to late February somewhere warm. It's just such a long winter. At least now in March when we come back, the worst is usually over.

Everybody wish and pray for warm weather in Hilton Head the week of 3/11 please! Either way, it's bound to be warmer than here!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 11:59 PM   #2898
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Kim~love that scrapbook! You are ready to roll!! LOL!!
Old 03-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #2899
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! Just popping in again....time keeps flying by!

Kim- I will have to check out your scrapbook when I'm on the laptop. I am so behind with my scrap booking. I started our Sept 2010 trip, but it' s not even close to being halfway done.

Our Spring Break is the week of Easter, and I think that's when it usually falls. We just had our mid-Winter break the week of President's Day. I hate having that week off! That's the way it was when I was growing up in Syracuse. When we moved the Buffalo, the schools here had two weeks off at Easter instead. It was great! Then, they change it to a week in Feb and then a week at Easter....ugh. There is nothing for the kids to do that week off!

Hope you're all well! I think I'm officially abandoning my TR. I just don't have time for it. I'm thinking about launching a new blog and soon a TR over there instead. I'll post a link here if that happens! I would like to make it private, so that requires an email sign-up list. I still haven't uploaded my trip pics to Facebook yet! I need to get on that.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #2900
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

I forgot how fun planning a Disney trip can be! I feel so lost this time though. We've never gone in the summer and I just figured out we're going to be there for the last Star Wars weekend. I've got lots of research to do!

Shhhhh don't tell DH I'm picking out a new bag for our trip! Since it will be so hot for this trip we have decided we are going to ditch the bulky backpack and try to go lightweight as possible. I haven't decided which pattern yet. I took my mini hipster last trip but it was kind of too tiny and I have a regular hipster that I carry every day. I'm afraid I'll load it up and it will be too heavy. I think the little hipster will be perfect to fit the bare necessities (hand sanitizer, money, small camera, small bottle of sunblock, etc.) and nothing more and won't be too heavy.
http://www.verabradley.com/product/C.../p/1001816.uts

This will also be our first trip without a stroller!!!!! I'm prepared to rent one if it's too hot and we absolutely need it for Em but we are hoping to not rent one.

Checking more off my list each day- I just ordered some trading pins through eBay!

Last edited by Monny2AE; 03-04-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #2901
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Kim..that bag looks like a good size~ I have to be careful with the hipsters because they end up so full and pull on my neck causing headaches! But that one looks like a great size!!! I love that English Rose pattern too! Is that the print you are wanting? I usually do the small back pack I have had forever, but maybe this is what I need next time!!! Keep marking things off that list girl! It'll be here before you know it!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #2902
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
I forgot how fun planning a Disney trip can be! I feel so lost this time though. We've never gone in the summer and I just figured out we're going to be there for the last Star Wars weekend. I've got lots of research to do!

Shhhhh don't tell DH I'm picking out a new bag for our trip! Since it will be so hot for this trip we have decided we are going to ditch the bulky backpack and try to go lightweight as possible. I haven't decided which pattern yet. I took my mini hipster last trip but it was kind of too tiny and I have a regular hipster that I carry every day. I'm afraid I'll load it up and it will be too heavy. I think the little hipster will be perfect to fit the bare necessities (hand sanitizer, money, small camera, small bottle of sunblock, etc.) and nothing more and won't be too heavy.
http://www.verabradley.com/product/C.../p/1001816.uts

This will also be our first trip without a stroller!!!!! I'm prepared to rent one if it's too hot and we absolutely need it for Em but we are hoping to not rent one.

Checking more off my list each day- I just ordered some trading pins through eBay!
I have no idea what I'm going to do bag-wise. I love my hipster, but it's definitely easy to overload it. It can also be frustrating when things get pushed to the bottom. That Little Hipster definitely looks promising! I carried a back pack pretty much every day while I was in Korea, because it was the easiest thing, but I like cute things for Disney. I'm going to be at my Mom's in a couple of weeks for her spring break, so I expect we'll do plenty of shopping. I still have some Christmas money to spend. My wardrobe is really lacking right now though, so I probably should focus my "extra" money on that.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #2903
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

I definitely need a new bag for the parks too. I've been using the same one since 2008 and it is worn!! I looked at the VB hipsters and they are the right size for me, I just can't find a pattern that I really care for.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #2904
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Did y'all see that VB is doing a Mickey & Minnie print to be released in the fall? I just saw it on Meghans FB page,...they are precious!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #2905
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3
Did y'all see that VB is doing a Mickey & Minnie print to be released in the fall? I just saw it on Meghans FB page,...they are precious!!!
I did! They are going to put a serious dent in my bank account! Finally, two of my great obsessions in one item.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #2906
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

I just saw the news about VB! I SO wish they were being released before my trip!

http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/03/05/d...-line-of-bags/

Old 03-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #2907
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Hi guys!

We had a snow day today! School was actually canceled for the first time in many years! I was supposed to work, but had scheduled some appts. Me in the a.m. (which I canceled) and Paige in the p.m. (which her dr. canceled!).
Since I have a cruddy cold and am sneezing every 5 minutes, I stayed home with the girls and took a sick day, even though I was working on some stuff.

We're leaving on Saturday evening after Paige's dance competition. I've got tons of stuff to do and haven't done any of it yet!
Haven't packed at all! (only have a list in my mind)!

Love the new VB/Disney combo! It's about time - they should have known how many Disney-goers use VB bags! They are all over the parks!
I still love my hipster I got in August. But I agree - things do get lost in the bottom sometimes.

Gotta get to bed early tonight - hope the Benadryl I took kicks in soon!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #2908
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

I have to admit, I've never looked at VB items until now! They've definitely caught my eye.

Nothing much to report here. Still job hunting, but one job has definitely sparked my interest and is the one I'd really like. I would be nannying for a newborn and a 4 year old. *Crosses fingers!*

Hope everyone is well!
disneyshakeygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #2909
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Sheree~girl I hope you get better quickly! You have lots to do!! And yes, Disney can't be blind, VB is all over the parks! They know a $ maker when they see it...this is going to grow beyond the 2 patterns you can bet!
Laura., congrats on the possible new family!! 4 and newborn are great! thats about how far apart my 2nd and 3rd one are it is perfect! The 4 yo can be such a little helper!!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:04 AM   #2910
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

I went shopping last night! I went to the Vera Bradley store to see the little hipster in person and see if it would work size-wise for me. I ended up buying it in the Portobello Road pattern. I came home and emptied out my regular hipster to switch things over and I had so much junk in there! No wonder it weighed a ton! I really like the size of the little hipster and the fact that the wallet is built in in the front zippered compartment. I like not having to carry a separate wallet. It's the perfect size and it will keep me from carrying unnecessary stuff- at home and at Disney!

http://www.amazon.com/Vera-Bradley-L.../dp/B008TT90HI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Hi guys!

We had a snow day today! School was actually canceled for the first time in many years! I was supposed to work, but had scheduled some appts. Me in the a.m. (which I canceled) and Paige in the p.m. (which her dr. canceled!).
Since I have a cruddy cold and am sneezing every 5 minutes, I stayed home with the girls and took a sick day, even though I was working on some stuff.

We're leaving on Saturday evening after Paige's dance competition. I've got tons of stuff to do and haven't done any of it yet!
Haven't packed at all! (only have a list in my mind)!

Love the new VB/Disney combo! It's about time - they should have known how many Disney-goers use VB bags! They are all over the parks!
I still love my hipster I got in August. But I agree - things do get lost in the bottom sometimes.

Gotta get to bed early tonight - hope the Benadryl I took kicks in soon!
Hope you're feeling better soon and wishing Paige lots of luck at her dance competition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post
I have to admit, I've never looked at VB items until now! They've definitely caught my eye.

Nothing much to report here. Still job hunting, but one job has definitely sparked my interest and is the one I'd really like. I would be nannying for a newborn and a 4 year old. *Crosses fingers!*

Hope everyone is well!
Crossing fingers for you!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: