Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #2881
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Our weather has been snowy. We got the more snow in Kansas this year than I remember getting the entire time I was growing up combined.
I took Gideon out yesterday, and he was so mad when I told him it was time to come inside. He wouldn't let me take his snow pants off!
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #2882
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

our weather is so crazy! Last week we had shorts out,..this week it's in the 40s and over cast and the wind is so very cold!!! I am back in UGGs again Texas(and several other states) have Spring Break the first full week of March every year and I never understand that...most of the kids around here want to go the beach in Galveston (which I abhor) and there is NO way I would get in the water...it's still gonna be freezing! We don't get in our pool until some time in May!! I wish they would start combining Easter break and Spring break like most schools do other places...Oh well,... I guess they all have cabin fever by now and want to go do something!
re-enrolled our boys at our school yesterday~gonna have a Senior and a Fish!!! Can't beleive that!!!! Where does the time go?!!! And this is from a mom who homeschooled them forever and have had tons and tons of days with them..it just goes too fast!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #2883
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

It's been a fun week at my house! My baby turned 6 yesterday!

She was 1 when we started chatting back in 2009! She sure has changed since her first trip to the World!

And today is my double digits dance day!

99 days til our first summer trip to Disney!!!!!!

And yes, being the planner that I am I've already started buying my travel size toiletries and started packing.

I'm done with winter too! We really haven't had much of a winter as far as snow. It's just been blah and cold with some freezing mix mess every week. Yuck!

Mindy- I hope you get everything under control with Rylan's diabetes. My cousin has been a diabetic all her life and visits Disney twice each year. The chefs are always SUPER accommodating! She always says it's the only place she can vacation without worrying so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
Mindy, so sorry to hear about Rylan; having our kids sick has got to be the worst. And chronic simply multiplies it.

We've had snow for three weekends in a row. And tomorrow, it's going to rain! Miserable.

So I've made another plan to escape winter! Not this one - next. I've booked another Caribbean cruise in December, 2013. And I'm really looking forward to it!
Congrats on booking your cruise!

Last edited by Monny2AE; 02-28-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #2884
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Shelly...how the heck did I lose your TR?!! I gotta get over there!! LOL!!

I don't know!! You better get over there!!
Good luck to the boys with school!

Kim -- Happy Birthday to Emily!!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #2885
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Kim~Congrats on the double digits!! That's such a milestone!!!!!
I agree,..start buying that little stuff now..if not it costs too much!

Old 02-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #2886
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree,..start buying that little stuff now..if not it costs too much!

Now that's some Disney Math at it's finest!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:42 PM   #2887
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
our weather is so crazy! Last week we had shorts out,..this week it's in the 40s and over cast and the wind is so very cold!!! I am back in UGGs again Texas(and several other states) have Spring Break the first full week of March every year and I never understand that...most of the kids around here want to go the beach in Galveston (which I abhor) and there is NO way I would get in the water...it's still gonna be freezing! We don't get in our pool until some time in May!! I wish they would start combining Easter break and Spring break like most schools do other places...Oh well,... I guess they all have cabin fever by now and want to go do something!
re-enrolled our boys at our school yesterday~gonna have a Senior and a Fish!!! Can't beleive that!!!! Where does the time go?!!! And this is from a mom who homeschooled them forever and have had tons and tons of days with them..it just goes too fast!
I don't understand early spring break either. In Kansas, ours has always been mid March, and half the time it's still cold. It wasn't so bad for the people who actually went somewhere for Spring Break, but we were almost always stuck at home. Half the parks in Kansas don't even reopen until April 1st. I'm planning on spending my Mom's spring break with her this year, and I'm worried it will still be too cold to spend too much time outside. I just want the warm weather to come!
In Georgia, our spring break always seemed to link up with Easter, which tended to be later, and it was warmer there anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
It's been a fun week at my house! My baby turned 6 yesterday!

She was 1 when we started chatting back in 2009! She sure has changed since her first trip to the World!

And today is my double digits dance day!

99 days til our first summer trip to Disney!!!!!!

And yes, being the planner that I am I've already started buying my travel size toiletries and started packing.

I'm done with winter too! We really haven't had much of a winter as far as snow. It's just been blah and cold with some freezing mix mess every week. Yuck!

Mindy- I hope you get everything under control with Rylan's diabetes. My cousin has been a diabetic all her life and visits Disney twice each year. The chefs are always SUPER accommodating! She always says it's the only place she can vacation without worrying so much.

Congrats on booking your cruise!
Awww...I forgot that she was only one for our trips! That's so crazy. Granted, Gideon is almost 3, and he didn't even exist back then!
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 02-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #2888
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post

Now that's some Disney Math at it's finest!
haha!! I didn't reread that!!! I meant it's more on the pocketbook all at once instead of spreading it out...but, if it works in our Disney favor, so be it!! LOL!!!!

Old 03-01-2013, 07:36 AM   #2889
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
haha!! I didn't reread that!!! I meant it's more on the pocketbook all at once instead of spreading it out...but, if it works in our Disney favor, so be it!! LOL!!!!
Hey, whatever works!!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #2890
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

I like that Disney math too! I keep a running list of things we'll need for the trip in my purse and get a few things each week rather than one big trip. I try and catch things on sale too so technically I am saving...sometimes.

I finally finished my scrapbook from our Dec 2011 trip! DH's rule is that we can't take another trip until I finish scrapping the last one. I started it right when we got home but then slipped into the Disney Blues and looking at the pics made me want to go back so I took a break. All done now!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0IbNW7FwzcMmIM

Old 03-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #2891
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I like that Disney math too! I keep a running list of things we'll need for the trip in my purse and get a few things each week rather than one big trip. I try and catch things on sale too so technically I am saving...sometimes.

I finally finished my scrapbook from our Dec 2011 trip! DH's rule is that we can't take another trip until I finish scrapping the last one. I started it right when we got home but then slipped into the Disney Blues and looking at the pics made me want to go back so I took a break. All done now!

That is such a gorgeous book!
How do you add all the Disney stickers on Shutterfly?
Old 03-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #2892
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Love the album Kim!
Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
I was going to ask the same thing...
Old 03-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #2893
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
I don't make them on Shutterfly. I just use Shutterfly to order the books. I use My Memories Suite digital scrapbook software and most of the scrapbooking kits I used were from Kellybell Designs (kellybelldesigns . com). I digiscrap my pages using MMS and convert the pages to jpg files using the software (sounds complicated but it's really the click of one button in the program). Then I upload the jpg pages as photos to Shutterfly and insert them into the book!

Old 03-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #2894
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't make them on Shutterfly. I just use Shutterfly to order the books. I use My Memories Suite digital scrapbook software and most of the scrapbooking kits I used were from Kellybell Designs (kellybelldesigns . com). I digiscrap my pages using MMS and convert the pages to jpg files using the software (sounds complicated but it's really the click of one button in the program). Then I upload the jpg pages as photos to Shutterfly and insert them into the book!
Man...I was hoping it wouldn't be something like that.
I wonder if I could accomplish something similar using GIMP?

Excellent work!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:56 AM   #2895
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

I started using MMS (mymemories . com)a few years ago. I looked into other programs like Photoshop Elements but I'm not all that technologically advanced. Plus those programs were really expensive! MMS is $40 and really easy to use. It certainly doesn't have all the fancy stuff like PSE but it works enough for me. I like that you can use kits purchased directly from MMS as well as digiscrap kits from anywhere else. Some software like Creative Memories limits you to just their kits.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: