Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #2806
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran
 
Disney Mommy 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,034

when we were there in Nov we made a few of the 'rehearsal' times for the new Fantasyland...we got to see inside Be Our Guest and it was soooo Beautiful!! We did Ariels ride, even though it's geared for smaller kids, it was cute and tons to look at in the queue....I think it's going to be a really long line for small kids though...this would def be a ride to bring them a game to do quietly while waiting. we thought Gaston's Tavern was themed so perfectly!!!!Kids loved it!!! We had an appt after that and didn't get to see Belles cottage up close...Dumbo area was really neat too!!It was so strange walking where Dumbo used to be!!! As far as the Mine Cart ride, it was pretty concealed when we were there, so they apparently have moved/changed some of the walls, but for us it was exciting to see the progress...Snykymom, sorry that it was open enough for you to see and be disappointed~ I hate for anyone to go and feel the magic was lost...We were just so thrilled be there when they were doing dress rehearsal! We didn't think we would get to see anything this trip....
I know that it's causing the #s for the crowd calendar to be higher for MK than normally, but I don't think it's going to feel any more crowded than it would otherwise~just another draw for people to wander over to...And even if you can't get ressies for BOG, you should all go in and have a look see!!!
Hope all of you that get a holiday tomorrow get to enjoy it! I am looking forward to a slow Monday...
__________________
3 times off-site as a childOct 2000-off-siteDec 2001-All Star MusicNov 2002-Poly
Oct-2004 Cont.Dec 2005-GF & ContDec 2006-BCMay 2007-BCJan 2008-BCJan 2009-PolyDec 2009-ContNov 2010-BCNov 2011-PolyNov 2012 WLNov2013 BCApril 2014 WL



Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #2807
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

We weren't overly impressed with the new Fantasyland, but we did love the Little Mermaid ride. We had one FP+ for it and were able to get a regular FP for it later, so we never had a long wait. I didn't mind being able to see into the Seven Dwarfs mine train construction. I just wish they would get it done!! I don't like how you have to walk the whole way back to the LM ride and then it's not connected to the Dumbo/circus themed area. Seems like that should flow into there, you can see it plain as day, you just can't get to it from there. You have to walk the whole way back around to get over there. Maybe that will change when the mine train ride it done, but it doesn't look like it from the maps.


We are off school tomorrow! Looking forward to sleeping in and not doing a whole lot with the day.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #2808
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Mndisneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,345

They will have the New FL opening up from the LM ride to storybook circus when the mine train is done.
I really thought the new stuff was great - the theming was spot on! So many details! It was still "dress rehearsal" while we were there, and not a lot of people knew you could go in to that area. We went on a MNSSHP night too so it wasn't as busy. We got to do Enchanted Tales with Belle with hardly a wait, just one group ahead of us - gave me time to inspect the cottage. We enjoyed it and I think Lumiere is probably the best audio animatronic ever. We only got a peek inside BOG as it wasn't opened for service yet. But I understand that for now, you can only go in for lunch or if you have a dinner ADR. Can't just go in for a peek - crowd control. At dinner they won't let you cross the little bridge unless you have an ADR.

I think once the mine train ride is open it will flow better and blend in more. Right now it seems sort of choppy.

So glad it's a long weekend - although we have no big plans (it's frigid here), I kind of wish the kids had something to do. They're getting a little antsy and pesky.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #2809
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

It is freezing here too!

Well that's good news that those areas will flow into each other when all is said and done. I didn't think it was going to.

When we were there last month the line to get into BOG for lunch was nearly to the LM area. We didn't even get to see in there. Thinking of making a dinner ADR there in August.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #2810
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
You just got back from Disney AND you're going on a cruise?? Awesome!
We booked the cruise a long time ago. The Disney trip was a last-minute type thing, as two friends of ours in Orlando decided to get married that week. So we had to go to Disney.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
But I understand that for now, you can only go in for lunch or if you have a dinner ADR. Can't just go in for a peek - crowd control. At dinner they won't let you cross the little bridge unless you have an ADR.
I asked about going in just to see it. They said that you could go in for a peek between 9 and 10:30 AM. I came back the next day and had lunch anyway.
__________________


snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #2811
sarbah77
DIS Veteran
 
sarbah77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,388

Well, our Disney cruise is this week! I'm super-excited and getting moreso, the colder it gets. And it snowed while I was driving to work! I spent the ride thinking "In 72 hours, I'll be on my way to the airport. I can get through this!" (because, 19 with a wind AND snow is just icky!)

We're not sure - gasp! - we're going to have a chance to get to a Disney Park. We're hoping to do so, post-cruise, but we need to nail down the details. Which means "Sarah tells Jeremy how we're going to make it happen." I'm thinking Express walk-off, so we carry our own bags, catch the shuttle to the car rental, and then book it to Epcot. We have a 6:15pm flight, so we should get enough time in, if we go commando!

We're going to Universal Studios for the first and last time. We've been meaning to, but the allure of WDW is far greater. We finally decided this was the time to make it happen, so we're gritting our teeth. (We like thrill rides, so it'll be okay. It's just SO expensive and we're SO close to Cedar Point that UO feels like a rip-off!)
__________________
off-site 1985, FW 1989 & 1993, Treehouse Villas 2001, off-site 2005, POR 2007 & 2009x2, Pop 2011, Dream 2011, CBR 2011, Pop 2013, Fantasy 2013, POFQ 2013

sarbah77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #2812
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran
 
Lil'Mermaid75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
Hey all! Checking in from Disney since I can't go to bed! We found a urging stain on our bedspread (still smelly so obviously not washed, and NOT OURS)! I've already spent two nights in this bed. Ick! Three phone calls later we have fresh sheets, not spread, and we were told someone would be coming to fix up the bed, and we haven't seen anyone. It's almost midnight and I'm freaking exhausted.

Anyway....I finished the 1/2 marathon!! It wasn't pretty, and I had to walk the last half because my knee was killing me, but Andy and I crosses the finish together! Running thru MK and Epcot was AMAZING!!

Andy just marched his butt to the front desk to hopefully get the bed issue resolved, so well see. Other than that, I love POR, and think I'm hooked on this over Pop.
I'm a little late to the game, but YUCK on the bed and congrats on the 1/2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
We weren't overly impressed with the new Fantasyland, but we did love the Little Mermaid ride. We had one FP+ for it and were able to get a regular FP for it later, so we never had a long wait. I didn't mind being able to see into the Seven Dwarfs mine train construction. I just wish they would get it done!! I don't like how you have to walk the whole way back to the LM ride and then it's not connected to the Dumbo/circus themed area. Seems like that should flow into there, you can see it plain as day, you just can't get to it from there. You have to walk the whole way back around to get over there. Maybe that will change when the mine train ride it done, but it doesn't look like it from the maps.


We are off school tomorrow! Looking forward to sleeping in and not doing a whole lot with the day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
They will have the New FL opening up from the LM ride to storybook circus when the mine train is done.
I really thought the new stuff was great - the theming was spot on! So many details! It was still "dress rehearsal" while we were there, and not a lot of people knew you could go in to that area. We went on a MNSSHP night too so it wasn't as busy. We got to do Enchanted Tales with Belle with hardly a wait, just one group ahead of us - gave me time to inspect the cottage. We enjoyed it and I think Lumiere is probably the best audio animatronic ever. We only got a peek inside BOG as it wasn't opened for service yet. But I understand that for now, you can only go in for lunch or if you have a dinner ADR. Can't just go in for a peek - crowd control. At dinner they won't let you cross the little bridge unless you have an ADR.

I think once the mine train ride is open it will flow better and blend in more. Right now it seems sort of choppy.

So glad it's a long weekend - although we have no big plans (it's frigid here), I kind of wish the kids had something to do. They're getting a little antsy and pesky.
We, too, got to experience the new FL when we were there in October. I loved the LM area - the meet and great area is fantastic! Of course, there weren't any lines back there when we saw the preview, so we had zero wait for the visit with the LM - what makes it so awesome is it's a private area and you have her full attention. She had fun with my boys, who refused to visit with her. I loved it. The M&G with Gaston is nice, too. The CM we had was perfectly in character. I'll be glad when the LM area connects with the Circus area - just seems kind of odd right now to have to back track to get out. I'm anxious to see it all again when the mine ride is open.
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #2813
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran
 
Monny2AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,297

Happy Friday Snowbirds! I'm watching the snow coming down and wishing I was warm in Disney!!!!!

Nothing is booked yet for June but it's looking really hopeful! Emily is excited for the new FL. It looks really geared towards her interests so even if I find it not so appealing I will love it just because I will love seeing her little face light up!
__________________
Kim

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #2814
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Emily is excited for the new FL. It looks really geared towards her interests so even if I find it not so appealing I will love it just because I will love seeing her little face light up!
Oh, absolutely! There's no question that kids will love the new FL. I didn't at any time mean to imply otherwise. It's just that, IMO, there's not much except BOG for adults. (Little Mermaid wasn't bad, either.)

I hope you get to go in June!
__________________


snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:58 PM   #2815
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran
 
Disney Mommy 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,034

Yes, she will love it!! and hopefully you will make it over to Belle's cottage! I didn't get a chance to do that part and I wish I would have...
__________________
3 times off-site as a childOct 2000-off-siteDec 2001-All Star MusicNov 2002-Poly
Oct-2004 Cont.Dec 2005-GF & ContDec 2006-BCMay 2007-BCJan 2008-BCJan 2009-PolyDec 2009-ContNov 2010-BCNov 2011-PolyNov 2012 WLNov2013 BCApril 2014 WL



Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #2816
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran
 
Monny2AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,297

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
Oh, absolutely! There's no question that kids will love the new FL. I didn't at any time mean to imply otherwise. It's just that, IMO, there's not much except BOG for adults. (Little Mermaid wasn't bad, either.)

I hope you get to go in June!
Oh gosh! I didn't take it that way at all! It's definitely geared towards the little ones and mainly girls. I'm preparing for DS to not be so interested in the new FL but then again DD isn't too interested in Star Wars and she gets through it

So far our June trip is a GO!!! We just need to decide which week. It's either June 8-15 or June 15-22. I'd really like to take advantage of the discount and go June 8-15. It would save us $505. Their last day of school is June 7th so they would only miss that last day while we drive. (Yes we are driving again. ) School could go as late as June 14th if they have to add inclement weather makeup days. Today is a snow day and it will be made up next month. They have two more makeup days built into the calendar. Any more than two snow days and the makeup days get tacked onto the end of the year.
__________________
Kim

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #2817
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran
 
Monny2AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,297

I couldn't take it anymore. I booked for June 8-14th. If we end up having to bump it a week later so be it. Nothing eases the winter blahs like booking a trip to Disney! We are staying at CBR again and I added the Water Parks to our tickets. The kids are so excited. We've never gone when it's warm enough for the water parks!
__________________
Kim

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #2818
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran
 
Disney Mommy 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
I couldn't take it anymore. I booked for June 8-14th. If we end up having to bump it a week later so be it. Nothing eases the winter blahs like booking a trip to Disney!
WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!
I am sooooo excited for you!!!! Y'all are going to have sooooo much fun!!!!!!
__________________
3 times off-site as a childOct 2000-off-siteDec 2001-All Star MusicNov 2002-Poly
Oct-2004 Cont.Dec 2005-GF & ContDec 2006-BCMay 2007-BCJan 2008-BCJan 2009-PolyDec 2009-ContNov 2010-BCNov 2011-PolyNov 2012 WLNov2013 BCApril 2014 WL



Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #2819
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran
 
Monny2AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,297

I'm so excited. Isn't my ticker PURDY!!!!! I'm so excited to finally have a ticker!!!!
__________________
Kim

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #2820
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran
 
Disney Mommy 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
I'm so excited. Isn't my ticker PURDY!!!!! I'm so excited to finally have a ticker!!!!
YES!!! And it will move quickly!!!
__________________
3 times off-site as a childOct 2000-off-siteDec 2001-All Star MusicNov 2002-Poly
Oct-2004 Cont.Dec 2005-GF & ContDec 2006-BCMay 2007-BCJan 2008-BCJan 2009-PolyDec 2009-ContNov 2010-BCNov 2011-PolyNov 2012 WLNov2013 BCApril 2014 WL



Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: