Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #2731
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

My Christmas Day was spent in bed. The fear right now is that I might have whooping cough....YAY!!! Of course, as I called the Dr today they have no openings until next week. So until that point, I'm doing home remedies for it, and hoping and praying that it goes away within the next 9 days....SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!

Other than that, we had some calm and quiet few days here. It's been great to have that.

We'll get the house put back together before the trip, which also means that this weekend/New Year's Day I'll need to pack, since that's the only time I'll have off until we leave.

Take care everyone!
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #2732
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyred View Post
My Christmas Day was spent in bed. The fear right now is that I might have whooping cough....YAY!!! Of course, as I called the Dr today they have no openings until next week. So until that point, I'm doing home remedies for it, and hoping and praying that it goes away within the next 9 days....SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!

Other than that, we had some calm and quiet few days here. It's been great to have that.

We'll get the house put back together before the trip, which also means that this weekend/New Year's Day I'll need to pack, since that's the only time I'll have off until we leave.

Take care everyone!
Aww, crap! I hope you can get that taken care of - I would think they'd be more concerned with you potentially having whooping cough (I hear it's on the rise) and get you in sooner so you can get some meds!
Feel better soon!
I'll still celebrate your single digit dance!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #2733
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

oh my goodness Red!!! I hope you are sooooo much better soon!!!! Is there a drs clinic or express anywhere you can go? I know you have to be worn out and miserable with that!!!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #2734
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Red, I hope you feel better soon!

It's now only 12 days until I'm a real Snowbird again! I'm actually getting excited!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #2735
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom
Red, I hope you feel better soon!

It's now only 12 days until I'm a real Snowbird again! I'm actually getting excited!
And I am at 4 weeks until I am, too! Can't wait, as December was a tough month.

sarbah77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #2736
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

I'm at 15 days and I'm freaking out a bit. I'm usually way ahead of the game at this point, but sometime between now and then I need to get Christmas decor down, house in order, packing done and work caseload in order.
Just realized my kids have no clothes for this trip. They wear uniforms to school, so they have so few 'normal' clothes. I think they each have 2 pr of warm up pants and a pr of jeans each. That's it. That's not gonna get us thru 9 days at Disney. Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #2737
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
I'm at 15 days and I'm freaking out a bit. I'm usually way ahead of the game at this point, but sometime between now and then I need to get Christmas decor down, house in order, packing done and work caseload in order.
Just realized my kids have no clothes for this trip. They wear uniforms to school, so they have so few 'normal' clothes. I think they each have 2 pr of warm up pants and a pr of jeans each. That's it. That's not gonna get us thru 9 days at Disney. Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!
So now you have to add shopping to your To Do list!!

Good luck!

I wish I was going back in January too! This last trip gave me a serious case of the "I want to go back"s already. I think it's worse because it was so fun, and because we don't know when we'll be back to WDW.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #2738
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl

So now you have to add shopping to your To Do list!!

Good luck!

I wish I was going back in January too! This last trip gave me a serious case of the "I want to go back"s already. I think it's worse because it was so fun, and because we don't know when we'll be back to WDW.
Yep, we were planning in shopping all day tomorrow but just found out Drew has his first basketball game at 130-right smack dab in the middle of the day. Ugh!!
Guess I shouldn't b*tch. I'll be at Disney in 2 weeks!!!!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #2739
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year!
disneyshakeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #2740
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I am soooo tired today - I don't think I'm going to accomplish much. Just a little laundry and taking down the "real" tree. Trash comes tomorrow, so we need to get it out. Sadly, it's our Disney tree. So I have to pack up those ornaments.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #2741
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year!! I went to pick up my little nephew this afternoon to stay with us for the rest of the week..if he will stay that long He told his mamma he would stay till Saturday~late in the afternoon! LOL...he is 7 and he's very sweet!! He was so excited when we picked him up he said.' I don't know why but I am all wiggly inside'! I told him he was excited and he just smiled and nodded! His mom is now divorced from my brother and she has most of (well, all) the responsibility of him~he does give Child Support and gets him now and again, but he isn't a dad like he should be and my nephew craves a family unit. He has asked my mom several times if he could just come and live with us I know he adores his mamma and we love her and know she does her best,but kids just naturally want a family and I hate that my brother has taken that from them..it was all him. She tried so hard and for so long~ I hope the Lord sends her a great husband soon that will adore her and my little guy!! He lives 3 hours away so, I can't just hop over and get him often..my mom usually has him at least one afternoon a week, but other than that my sil has him the majority of the time.He is very good and he's happy~she has done Boy Scouts with him recently and had to do the camp outs and everything because my brother wouldn't go Drives me crazy....anyhoo..she has a good apartment, great job and they are in a wonderful church that she has connected with some good people...it just amazes me how many people like my brother can throw away a precious little family just to do what they want to do...
okay,...off the soap box...just had to vent that!
Hope you all had a wonderful new years day and are rested up and ready to do all those work outs I know you are all planning for the future! I just want to get back to walking every day...I really enjoy it and just have slacked off when I got sick...the terrible UTI is gone after 2 rounds of heavy antibiotics so I feel much better..gotta 'un'decorate starting tomorrow~Mike likes that tree up as looooong as possible! hope y'all have a safe and blessed 2013!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #2742
crzyred

Happy 2013!
Only 2 days of work and 3 sleeps....!!!!!!!!!

I did most of my packing tonight, just need my last minute stuff.

I still have a nasty cough, but at least I now have a voice and no major cold symptoms. My father, however, has caught this...oops! He is doing much better than I did.

Have a great week everyone!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #2743
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Hi Snowbirds. Prayers for my family please. Yesterday we lost my step-mom after an 8 month battle with cancer. She was only 48. Please lift us up in your prayers and ask for peace and comfort to surround us, especially my Dad and my boys. Thanks friends.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #2744
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Hi Snowbirds. Prayers for my family please. Yesterday we lost my step-mom after an 8 month battle with cancer. She was only 48. Please lift us up in your prayers and ask for peace and comfort to surround us, especially my Dad and my boys. Thanks friends.
I am so sorry for your loss. I will most definitely be thinking about you and your family at this tough time.
disneyshakeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #2745
crzyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Prayers and thoughts with you guys!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: