Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #2716
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyred
Whoever decided to share their cold with me is just mean.

Also, I'm smack dab in the middle of the wonderful winter storm forecast of 10"-15" on Thursday. Score!

Thursday also happens to be the day that everyone is traveling up here for the wedding on Saturday. My sister will probably be stranded in some airport somewhere, while the others are driving up and we are trying, desperately, to have them wait until Friday.

Suddenly, this week is full of worry. That's the last thing I need right now!

Have a great day everyone
10-15"?? Yikes! Prayers for safe travels for everyone!!!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #2717
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

crzyred - thank you! I had a good day!

We're getting hit with the snow up here starting tonight - 10" to 20". Oh boy. Wishing everyone safe travels!
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #2718
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Hey girls! I am sure all you Northern Ladies are getting some weather!! We had quite a cold front come in last night~the wind was unbelievable...we are still under a wind advisory till 6 tonight and should hit around 30...which y'all know is pretty cold for us! It's about 53 today, but the sun is shining!! it would be miserable if it wasn't because the wind is so icy cold...I am hoping the cool stays for Christmas, but I am not too hopeful...this happens all the time!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:49 AM   #2719
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

The wind was impossible here too. We were originally supposed to get 15" to 20" of snow, but ended up getting 40" and it's still snowing! We'll definitely be getting a white Christmas now.

What is everyone doing this upcoming week?
Old 12-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #2720
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl
The wind was impossible here too. We were originally supposed to get 15" to 20" of snow, but ended up getting 40" and it's still snowing! We'll definitely be getting a white Christmas now.

40 inches???? Of snow??? Oh dear!
We just went for a run and grabbed lunch, now
Spending the rest of the day cleaning, wrapping a few last gifts, and starting to prepare food for the next few days. Our Christmas starts with mass on monday evening, then spending Christmas eve with my dad and that side of the family. After Christmas morning, we'll go to Andy's family then my moms. Busy, busy! Thankfully I work from home on Wednesday's, so I can recuperate. My quota is in the for month, so not sure how much 'work' will actually get accomplished.
I may spend Wednesday taking the Christmas decor down and start packing for Disney. 19 days!!!!!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #2721
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

Hello everyone!

So, the wedding is here and gone. It was wonderful. Of course there were a few hitches in the day, but in the end, it was great. The happy couple is now on their way to FL where they will board the cruise ship tomorrow for their honeymoon.

Today has been recovery day. Probably will head out shopping in a little while with my sister, but it's been a lazy day so far.

This week shouldn't be too bad. Not doing anything for Christmas, I work tomorrow until 5, then we are closed Tuesday and Wednesday.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, filled with family and love. If you are traveling, be safe!

God's Blessings!
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #2722
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Hey Snowbirds

Hope everyone is staying safe in the big winter storm! We only got a few inches so far. Hoping we don't get much more.

Is everyone all ready for Christmas?

I am ready I think. As ready as I am going to get I guess! It was a bit rough with the trip a few weeks before Christmas. I don't know if we'll ever go in December again!

Got my GF and Poly reviews started here if anyone wants to read ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3035236

Hope to start a TR soon.

Merry Christmas!

Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #2723
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post

HOLY CATS!!! I live in MN and that sounds ridiculous even to me!! Where the heck do you live?

We're all set now (finally) DH went and picked up a couple last minute gifts (meaning he decided at the last minute to get more gifts for the DDs!)
Spent a nice afternoon at my brother's watching football and then came home and started the clean up the house process before company on Tuesday. DH has to work tomorrow, then hopefully we'll make it to church on time. We girls are going to deliver some cookies to a friend (my friend who had brain tumor surgery) in the morning. I think we'll wear our Minnie Santa hats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyred View Post
Hello everyone!

So, the wedding is here and gone. It was wonderful. Of course there were a few hitches in the day, but in the end, it was great. The happy couple is now on their way to FL where they will board the cruise ship tomorrow for their honeymoon.

Today has been recovery day. Probably will head out shopping in a little while with my sister, but it's been a lazy day so far.

This week shouldn't be too bad. Not doing anything for Christmas, I work tomorrow until 5, then we are closed Tuesday and Wednesday.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, filled with family and love. If you are traveling, be safe!

God's Blessings!
Saw a couple pics on facebook - how nice! Glad everyone made it and the happy couple is off to warmer climate!
Enjoy your relaxing Christmas! I'm sure you could use the down time!

My DD9 is SOOOO excited for Christmas! She's really hopeful that she's been good enough to have Santa bring her an ipod. Talk about having leverage! I think she'll be up before 6 and dying to go downstairs, but we make them wait for us first (have to catch it all on video).
I think it will be a fun day - we have 9 people (including us), so it's not too crazy, but still fun. Lots of food too!
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas filled with magic!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #2724
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

I've just re read my message and found I hit the wrong button! Doh. Centimetres - I meant cm! Can't take me anywhere! Apologies!
Old 12-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #2725
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post
I've just re read my message and found I hit the wrong button! Doh. Centimetres - I meant cm! Can't take me anywhere! Apologies!
OK, that makes me feel a little better!! But still, definitely a lot of snow - you get a white Christmas!! Hope it's a fun one!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #2726
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

There's a reason I shouldn't type when I'm tired!
Old 12-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #2727
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

To all my Snowbird friends who celebrate, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! We're with family, but to us as Jews, it's just another day off. (I'll take it!)

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:37 AM   #2728
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate! To others, Happy belated Hanukkah! I hope everyone has/had a wonderful holiday and all the best for 2013.

As it's just my mother and I celebrating together this year (the rest of the family lives in England), we both slept in and have started slowly. We're watching A Miracle on 34th Street and eating breakfast before unwrapping presents.

What is everyone else doing today?
Old 12-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #2729
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas Snowbirds!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #2730
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas day!!!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: