Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #2671
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Hello friends!! I have not been able to get back on here and update any on my trip!! Sorry!! We left Wednesday for Houston to spend Thanksgiving with friends and I know you all saw the tragedy on IH-10 Thursday morning....that is our neck of the woods and it was still closed off Th afternoon when we came home. I felt so sad for all those families...especially the family of the couple who were killed...we are actually about an hour from there, but it's the road we all travel..
Monday night/Tuesday morning my older son woke us up with his stomach hurting and we weren't really sure what it was...we thought maybe appendix, but it wasn't clear yet if he had food poisoning or bad gas or what..we gave it about 30 minutes and it became evident exactly where the pain was and then he started to throw up and I knew....so Dad took off to the ER with him and I stayed with the other 2...not sure about y'alls ER experiences, but ours are Notorious for 5 to 6 hour waits...but, they took him back around 2 something and by 4 had done a scan and bloodwork and said it was def appendicitis...so,...around 7 I got the kiddos up and we took off up there...he had surgery around 9....it was only 20 minutes for the surgery and the doctor said we got it early and the appendix wasn't too bad yet,..so Thank the Lord for no rupture/seepage at that point.
I am soooo very thankful it wasn't when we were gone on vacation!! Gods timing is always good! Even in a yucky situation we have lots to be thankful for including the fact it had just started to hurt...so,...we got home yesterday around 1 and at 3 I had a drs appt....turns out I have had a UTI since before vacation! I already feel better just with one day's worth of Antibiotics!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and hopefully I can have some time today or tomorrow to talk more about our trip! If you would, pray for him to recover quickly...those abdominal incisions can be doozies!!

Shawna!! I was just thinking about you yesterday and how I hadn't seen you around the boards in several days. I was giving it until today and I was going to PM you! Oh my goodness. You've really been through it haven't you? I'm so glad your DS is okay and that you caught it so soon. We will definitely pray for a speedy recovery for him.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #2672
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Shawna - saw on FB about your DS - so glad you got him in quickly and surgery was successful! Hope he heals quickly! Poor kiddo! Tell him we're thinking about him.

Shelly - have you figured out what to pack yet??? That pesky weather forecast is constantly changing!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #2673
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

No!! The forecast doesn't look good today. The week before and the week after look great, but not my week!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:55 PM   #2674
PEANUT1
You can Fly!

Hi Ladies!! I realized I never reported back after our Halloween trip!

It was possibly our best trip ever after alot of drama to get there. We were supposed to go Oct 30-Nov 6 but Hurricane Sandy thought otherwise. We knew we wouldn't be able to fly out of Atlantic City, NJ on the 30th so we planned to rent a minivan one way and drive out Sunday night after my folks finished work. The airlines then allowed changes in flights with no fee so we changed our flight to Oct 27. It was a rough flight, my daughter puked from the turbulence but we made it there safe and sound. My parents stayed behind because they had work on Sunday.

My hubby found us a 2br villa at Orange Lake Resort for our first 3 nights since we didn't have anywhere to stay. My parents couldn't fly out til Sunday so we found them a flight out of Philadlelphia at 630pm. The flight was delayed til 11 and they were the last flight to leave before the airport closed. They missed their connection in TN so had to spend the night at the airport but got on standby for the 650am flight the next morning.

Once they got there it was smooth sailing and an absolutely perfect trip. We had 11 days of absolute perfect weather. We did not have one drop of rain until our last morning and by the time we made it outside it had stopped.

We stayed in a 2BR villa at AKV Kidani Village and it was amazing!! We were in total awe of the size and beauty of the room.

Halloween was the coolest thing ever! We went to Fort Wilderness and did trick or treating at the trailers and I have never seen anything like it. These people had more decorations for Halloween than I had ever seen. The kids got a ton of candy and had so much fun watching the bedazzled gold carts and trailers. We then went to the sing along campfire with chip and dale and watched Hallowishes from the beach at Ft Wilderness.
It was the best Halloween ever and we plan to do it again next year. We skipped the Halloween party and it was the best decision we made.

We saw the new fantasyland and it exceeded all of our expectations. We did one day hopping between Universal and Islands of Adventure and had a blast.
We had a couple of chill days at the hotel which was a beautiful thing. All in all just a wonderful family trip that I am so glad I was able to share and bring my parents.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #2675
PEANUT1
You can Fly!

btw Shelly, our weather report changed so much the week before so don't sweat it!! It will be great.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:34 AM   #2676
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEANUT1 View Post
btw Shelly, our weather report changed so much the week before so don't sweat it!! It will be great.

Thanks, I needed to hear that right now!!

So glad that you all made it there and back safe & sound and had such a fabulous trip. Sounds wonderful!
Old 11-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #2677
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Wow Andrea - so glad you were able to change it up and have an awesome trip! I had seen some stuff on FB so I knew you were there.
Fort Wilderness is so cool - I'd like to have seen that (we didn't get over there at all on our Oct. trip). I hear they do it up really big with Christmas decorations too. One of these years I'm going to brave it and go during Christmas break.

Hang in there Shelly!!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #2678
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Shawna - I hope your son is feeling much, MUCH better!

Shelly - Good luck with the packing (and the weather)!

Andrea - Your trip sounded so much fun. I'm glad you had an amazing time
disneyshakeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #2679
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Andrea~Glad it went so well once you got there!! I had no idea about the trick-or-treating over there...our bus connected to them so we went through there a few times....they had Turkeys roaming around and all the kids were laughing...it really is weird to look out in the road and see a bunch of turkeys in a parking lot
DS16 is feeling much better as time goes on...he is still sore, of course, but he doesn't 'feel' so bad~pain meds are great, but they make you feel weird and he isn't really use to that....I am not sure if he will go to school before Wednesday or not...doc said at least a week,so I will just see how he feels on Monday...
Will try to get back this weekend and talk more about our trip.
Happy December!! Cant believe this weather...I say this every year...and not in a good way. Tons of people are getting sick because of the fluctuation...30s and 40s at night with 50-60 in the day, and then back to the warm end...it's almost 80 right now!!!Ridiculous!!! Well,...I love December whatever our crazy weather does!!
Shelly...have you been looking at Orlandos weather stations? I did a couple of days before our trip just to get a better idea...our weather was all over the place even 3 and 4 days out...by the day before we left it was a better read for the first half of our trip. We have been there 3 times during the first part of December and it was always good! One trip we had a cold front come in and went to the Party that night...it had rained that afternoon so the parade was iffy but they ended up doing it anyway..it was cold enough for a coat and hat that night!!!! But it was more fun watching it in the cold that in the warmer weather...other than that it's always been great...
Old 12-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #2680
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post

Hang in there Shelly!!!

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post

Shelly - Good luck with the packing (and the weather)!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Andrea~Glad it went so well once you got there!! I had no idea about the trick-or-treating over there...our bus connected to them so we went through there a few times....they had Turkeys roaming around and all the kids were laughing...it really is weird to look out in the road and see a bunch of turkeys in a parking lot
DS16 is feeling much better as time goes on...he is still sore, of course, but he doesn't 'feel' so bad~pain meds are great, but they make you feel weird and he isn't really use to that....I am not sure if he will go to school before Wednesday or not...doc said at least a week,so I will just see how he feels on Monday...
Will try to get back this weekend and talk more about our trip.
Happy December!! Cant believe this weather...I say this every year...and not in a good way. Tons of people are getting sick because of the fluctuation...30s and 40s at night with 50-60 in the day, and then back to the warm end...it's almost 80 right now!!!Ridiculous!!! Well,...I love December whatever our crazy weather does!!
Shelly...have you been looking at Orlandos weather stations? I did a couple of days before our trip just to get a better idea...our weather was all over the place even 3 and 4 days out...by the day before we left it was a better read for the first half of our trip. We have been there 3 times during the first part of December and it was always good! One trip we had a cold front come in and went to the Party that night...it had rained that afternoon so the parade was iffy but they ended up doing it anyway..it was cold enough for a coat and hat that night!!!! But it was more fun watching it in the cold that in the warmer weather...other than that it's always been great...

So glad your DS is healing up nicely. Hope he's well enough to get back to school this week!

No, I haven't looked at the local weather stations yet. I forgot about that!! I do have one bookmarked somewhere, I'll have to go look. Accuweather is all over the place. Kind of hard to plan!!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:42 AM   #2681
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

5 days!!! I'm trying not to stress about the weather. Monday looks like rain but there is still time for that to change. Off today to get my pretrip mani and pedi

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, GF!!
MindyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #2682
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Mindy- Hope the weather forecast changes and the rain clouds disappear!

Shawna- Glad to hear DS is recovering!

Andrea- Never thought to trick or treat at FW! We have a camper and fo the past 4 years we've gone trick or treating while camping. The campgrounds around here go all out for Halloween- I can only imagine what they do when they're at FW!

Not much going on here. Em has an upper respiratory infection and is on antibiotics. We're getting ready for Christmas. Andrew told me I should ask Santa for money so we can go to Disney again soon. I wish it was that simple!

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #2683
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

I don't remember if I posted here that DD's landlord refused to renew her lease. This happened on Monday. By Thursday, through a lot of hard work, stress and sleeplessness, she & her roommate found another place! I went down this weekend and saw it - it's BEAUTIFUL! Bigger than her current one, not that much more expensive, right in the same neighborhood!

Now if the folks who interviewed her would only hire her . . .
Old 12-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #2684
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Intellicast is giving me a good report as of right now. I know it could still change but I'd be happy to keep the current forecast.

I'm still not packed. I'm not intentionally trying to procrastinate. I just need to have all of my clothes clean before I can put stuff into the bag. I also think that I'm letting the DSLR at home. It makes my heart heavy but indent have a ton of room to lug it.

How are things in your non-Disney world?

We are getting back to normal after having Matt gone for so long. Both boys are getting over ear infections. Ry actually lost one of his tubes while we were in California. Of course, that's the ear that is infected.

Chase, just tonight, wrapped up his second month of violin lessons. He is so cute with his super tiny violin. He is dying to actually learn songs. As of right now, he still learning basics : how to hold the bow, the parts, the chords, etc.

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, GF!!
MindyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #2685
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

5 days til WDW and DS11 has strep!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: