Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #2641
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Thanks!
Here's what I think (for what it's worth) - since you are going without DH - do all the things that you could not do with him. Enjoy the different type of trip this will be. Make it your own and do what you want! So if you want a Royal room, go book it - it's cheaper!!! Usually for me, I want to do the things that make it more expensive! Go for it!!!
OK, I did! I'm now booked in a Royal room! And my "usual" is the same as yours - I think this is probably the first time that something I figured I might want is actually cheaper!

Since I have no idea what I'm going to be doing when I get there - no park plans or anything - I don't have any ADRs. It's now 53 days for me, so I think I'll probably be having lots of QS meals. Or I'll just see what resort I feel like trying out and eat there. It'll be interesting to have no plan this time!

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #2642
snykymom

Good afternoon, all!

Sooooo . . . now that I booked the Royal Room, DH decides to come with me!! He says he doesn't care, but he better not give me a hard time about it! We also got an e-mail from Southwest about a "Before Black Friday" sale, and got great airfare! In fact, because DH wanted a work day, he booked a late flight down, and it was only $50! Now that's a score!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #2643
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
Good afternoon, all!

Sooooo . . . now that I booked the Royal Room, DH decides to come with me!! He says he doesn't care, but he better not give me a hard time about it! We also got an e-mail from Southwest about a "Before Black Friday" sale, and got great airfare! In fact, because DH wanted a work day, he booked a late flight down, and it was only $50! Now that's a score!

That IS a great deal! Hopefully he keeps his promise and doesn't give you a hard time

I am 19 days. NINETEEN DAYS!!! I can hardly stand the wait. I am going to wait until the beginning of the month and then quite possibly upgrade our room to a Theme Park View. I want to be able to enjoy a bottle of wine from my balcony and watch Wishes Besides, the way prices keep increasing, we'll likely be priced out of the Poly

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, CR!!
MindyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #2644
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Hey girls!! We are home! We had a fabulous time!! DS16, I think I told you, stayed here and my mom came and stayed with him...she came Sat afternoon about the time we hit Florida and she just left this afternoon. They had a great time together and she got to have some quiet,relaxed down time. If you think about her at anytime keep her in your prayers...her marriage is not doing too hot and she is devastated. She has tried and tried and put up with more than most people would have~~ But she is to the point that it can't go on~if she could find a job down here that would at least cover her medical insurance, she would leave. That is one of her main concerns, the insurance. Anyway...This has been a good week for her to have time to seriously think things through....
Back to Disney...
Flight out was great and we got in 20 minutes ahead of schedule..waited about 30-45 minutes for ME. Got to WL and was taken on up to the 7th floor to our Club Level check in. We had the option of taking a room with bunk beds that was ready then or waiting for a room with two queens. Kids wanted bunks so we got the first room on the floor!! Our room Number was 7100 and it was awesome...we really enjoyed the quiet balcony, the decor, and the proximity to the lounge/elevators. If anyone has questions about the WL just ask and I will fill you in as best as I can...it was fabulous.
Saturday we just hung around there and got settled in...ate some stuff in the lounge and at the Roaring Fork. That place was crazy busy all week.It is just small and the lines flow into the area where you walk..
Sunday we got up and went to Hollywood Studios~ I tried to get the family up and at 'em early, but we had gotten them up at 4:30 on Saturday and they were so wound up they couldn't fall right to sleep, so our entry into HS was later than I wanted. We did all we wanted to at HS that day, but the Street People we typically watch and look forward to were not there. The only one they had was a group singing Christmas songs..it was a play on Blood Sweat and Tears..Mulch,something and Shears...like a lawn company. Crowd was higher there than I remember it ever being...but the weekend was just busy everywhere... Dinner that afternoon was at 50s Prime Time..food was fab as always!!!!
Gotta run for now, but will be back with more details soon!! I know all of you with trips pending can't wait!!! We are already trying to figure out how to have an excuse to go back sooner! LOL!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #2645
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good afternoon, all!

Oh boy! Well, he'll have to deal with whatever you do! Glad you got a deal on the flight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindyLuvsMickey View Post
That IS a great deal! Hopefully he keeps his promise and doesn't give you a hard time

I am 19 days. NINETEEN DAYS!!! I can hardly stand the wait. I am going to wait until the beginning of the month and then quite possibly upgrade our room to a Theme Park View. I want to be able to enjoy a bottle of wine from my balcony and watch Wishes Besides, the way prices keep increasing, we'll likely be priced out of the Poly
WOW! That's coming up fast!!! I wish I was going with you and staying at the Poly!! I'd like to be able to sit on my balcony with some wine and watch Wishes too! I hope you can get the upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Hey girls!! We are home! We had a fabulous time!! DS16, I think I told you, stayed here and my mom came and stayed with him...she came Sat afternoon about the time we hit Florida and she just left this afternoon. They had a great time together and she got to have some quiet,relaxed down time. If you think about her at anytime keep her in your prayers...her marriage is not doing too hot and she is devastated. She has tried and tried and put up with more than most people would have~~ But she is to the point that it can't go on~if she could find a job down here that would at least cover her medical insurance, she would leave. That is one of her main concerns, the insurance. Anyway...This has been a good week for her to have time to seriously think things through....
Back to Disney...
Flight out was great and we got in 20 minutes ahead of schedule..waited about 30-45 minutes for ME. Got to WL and was taken on up to the 7th floor to our Club Level check in. We had the option of taking a room with bunk beds that was ready then or waiting for a room with two queens. Kids wanted bunks so we got the first room on the floor!! Our room Number was 7100 and it was awesome...we really enjoyed the quiet balcony, the decor, and the proximity to the lounge/elevators. If anyone has questions about the WL just ask and I will fill you in as best as I can...it was fabulous.
Saturday we just hung around there and got settled in...ate some stuff in the lounge and at the Roaring Fork. That place was crazy busy all week.It is just small and the lines flow into the area where you walk..
Sunday we got up and went to Hollywood Studios~ I tried to get the family up and at 'em early, but we had gotten them up at 4:30 on Saturday and they were so wound up they couldn't fall right to sleep, so our entry into HS was later than I wanted. We did all we wanted to at HS that day, but the Street People we typically watch and look forward to were not there. The only one they had was a group singing Christmas songs..it was a play on Blood Sweat and Tears..Mulch,something and Shears...like a lawn company. Crowd was higher there than I remember it ever being...but the weekend was just busy everywhere... Dinner that afternoon was at 50s Prime Time..food was fab as always!!!!
Gotta run for now, but will be back with more details soon!! I know all of you with trips pending can't wait!!! We are already trying to figure out how to have an excuse to go back sooner! LOL!!!
Hey!!! Welcome back girlie!! Glad you had fun! I want to hear more about the concierge lounge and the food offerings!!
Sorry for your mom having to go through such a rough thing. I hope things work out for her. Good that she had some time with your DS and a break to think without so much pressure.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #2646
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Welcome back Shawna! Glad you made it home safe and sound. Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Glad your DS and your mom had a nice week together. Praying for peace in her situation.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #2647
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good afternoon, all!

Yeah for good flight deals!!! They're so hard to find anymore, it's always exciting when someone finds one! I'd love to stay in a Royal Room - but being the only girl I get out voted all the time! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Hey girls!! We are home! We had a fabulous time!! DS16, I think I told you, stayed here and my mom came and stayed with him...she came Sat afternoon about the time we hit Florida and she just left this afternoon. They had a great time together and she got to have some quiet,relaxed down time.
So glad you had a good timeand that your DS enjoyed some grandma time! Hopefully everything works out for your mom.
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #2648
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Welcome home Shawna! Can't wait to hear more about your trip! If we ever stay deluxe I'd love to stay at WL. We love camping and the theming would fit us perfectly! Plus the kids would love bunkbeds. I'm keeping your mom in my prayers.

Sheree- What wonderful news for your friend! It's amazing how far medical technology has come.

I'm in major Disney withdrawal! This time last year we were only a couple weeks away from our Christmas Disney trip. We don't have any definite plans for our next trip. We've tossed out the idea of going in May or possibly next October but nothing set yet. I miss my Disney and I'm definitely ready for a vacation.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #2649
snykymom

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Old 11-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #2650
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Happy belated Thanksgiving! I hope you all had a wonderful day!
Old 11-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #2651
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #2652
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving a day late! The boys and I shopped til we dropped today (we didn't go until about 9, after the craziness died down a bit), and I'm ready to crash. Well, after I dig in to the leftovers. I did get about 75% done with my shopping. Most everything else can either be bought online, or it's gift cards I can order from the boys' school. They have a program that helps fund the technology program. I think I'm gonna order a bunch of Disney cards before our trip.

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:55 AM   #2653
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Doing my 10 day dance!

Old 11-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #2654
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindyLuvsMickey View Post
Doing my 10 day dance!
I'll dance with you (or FOR you)!

The Poly!!!! Are you packed yet?
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #2655
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Things are more like "gathered". I have my toiletries and such packed and ready. I'm waiting to pack my clothes until the last minute.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: