Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #2626
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Have an amazing time, Shawna! Can't wait to hear all about it!

How is everyone? Nothing much here, but in good news, it appears I may have a job lined up for next year, after I finish my current one I'm really relieved.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #2627
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Have a great trip, Shawna!

And now for my news - I'm going back to Disney! A friend is getting married in Orlando in January, so I'm taking a few days at the parks. I've booked a room at POFQ. DH may not want to join me, but that's OK. I don't mind a couple of days alone! And I'll get to check out Fantasyland; DH won't go near MK!

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #2628
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Have a great trip Shawna!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #2629
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post

And now for my news - I'm going back to Disney! A friend is getting married in Orlando in January, so I'm taking a few days at the parks. I've booked a room at POFQ. DH may not want to join me, but that's OK. I don't mind a couple of days alone! And I'll get to check out Fantasyland; DH won't go near MK!
Lucky! Congrats on the trip! at your husband.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #2630
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That's awesome! I wish I was going back soon. All the pictures of the Christmas decorations make me want to go back already! It hasn't even been a month since I went!!

Good news - my dear friend with the brain tumor had another surgery on Thursday - 15 hours! It went well and she will be eventually having radiation to hopefully get rid of the thing. But - she will be released to go home TOMORROW already!!! Isn't that amazing??? I'm so happy and relieved for her. I was praying harder than I ever have before.

Weird story - I had a dream about her Thursday night. I hadn't heard how the surgery went yet. I woke up at 6:30 a.m. Friday to a voice in my ear saying my name. It was her voice! I panicked and ran to the computer to check for any updates. Nothing. So I prayed some more.
Later in the day I got an update from a friend that she was okay and that she was up at 6:30 that morning!! Is that eerie???? I would have freaked out if someone told me she woke up and spoke my name!! (I highly doubt she did, but I don't know.)
I guess she'd been on my mind so much lately - just all so weird.

So tomorrow we government employees (me and DH) have off for Veteran's Day. They kids have school, so we are having a lunch date! I'm so excited - we haven't had much time together lately since we've been back. We're also hoping to go to a movie next weekend - probably see Skyfall. Anyone seen it? It's getting positive reports from what I hear.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #2631
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
unless you poured some Essential Oils around I wouldnt know what else..Tea Tree Oil is antibacterial/antifungal,.. .Lavender will kill bugs, Lemon and Orange are great for cleaning and all will lift your mood/energy level, but I don't know how much it'll help for something this bad!!!
We called and they sent someone down to spray their deodorizer. It seemed to help quite a bit. The housekeeper who came down said that she thought the people with the dogs were still in here, so I guess she didn't bother trying?

They won't come in and clean if the pet is in here, so we have to pretty much wait around all day for them to come, or take him with us everywhere we go. It's kind of annoying. They don't clean on the weekends either, unless you specifically request it on Friday, which we didn't realize until Saturday morning.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #2632
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Just talked to Shawna!! They are having a great time. Yesterday was a little crowded at DHS, but today is not too crowded at MK!! And they got a sneak peak of the new Fantasyland! She said the weather is great!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #2633
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I just exchanged texts with Shawna too! They are loving it! Going to MVMCP tonight! I hope they have a great time!!

Is it too soon to want to go back? I want to see the Christmas stuff again!
Old 11-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #2634
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Glad to hear Shawna's having fun. And what wonderful news about your friend, Sheree! I hope her recovery proceeds quickly.

Now I'm looking for advice. As noted, I've booked POFQ. But I can get a Royal room (standard view) at POR for about $75 less. And I know that DH will never be caught dead in a Royal room.

So what should I do? Should I move? (I don't care about the view in a mod - I keep my blinds drawn anyway!)

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #2635
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad to hear Shawna's having fun. And what wonderful news about your friend, Sheree! I hope her recovery proceeds quickly.

Now I'm looking for advice. As noted, I've booked POFQ. But I can get a Royal room (standard view) at POR for about $75 less. And I know that DH will never be caught dead in a Royal room.

So what should I do? Should I move? (I don't care about the view in a mod - I keep my blinds drawn anyway!)
Thanks!
Here's what I think (for what it's worth) - since you are going without DH - do all the things that you could not do with him. Enjoy the different type of trip this will be. Make it your own and do what you want! So if you want a Royal room, go book it - it's cheaper!!! Usually for me, I want to do the things that make it more expensive! Go for it!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #2636
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

Hello all! Just jumping on to say 51 days for me!!

We are in full Holiday Mode at work. Longer hours haven't been too bad yet, apparently I still have the patience to deal with customers/co-workers. I just keep reminding myself that I'll be getting nice paychecks right before my trip. And speaking of that, I went through all my gift cards this morning, turns out I have over $350 in gift cards. All of those were actually gifts. Either Christmas last year or birthday, so I think I'm good for spending money!!

I also bought new shoes over the weekend. I have terribly wide feet, so finding shoes is a huge ordeal. I'm wearing them now when I'm on the treadmil to get them ready for Disney. We've got almost everything taken care of for the trip.

And my brother and his fiance keep adding more things to my/my mom's list of stuff to do for the wedding...YAY!

Who needs sanity, right?!

Enjoy!
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #2637
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

58 days for me! We're staying at POR for the first time and I still have 2 T'S credits I haven't made ADRs for. I'm never this unprepared this late in the game.

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #2638
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
58 days for me! We're staying at POR for the first time and I still have 2 T'S credits I haven't made ADRs for. I'm never this unprepared this late in the game.
So that puts you going in mid January?
Where are you eating so far?
Let's plan your remaining meals for you!!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #2639
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl

So that puts you going in mid January?
Where are you eating so far?
Let's plan your remaining meals for you!!
We're going jan 11-19 and running the 1/2 marathon on the 12th (and I use the word 'running VERY loosely).
So far we're doing Tusker house dinner (new to us), CRT breakfast (my boys are indulging me on this one, I've always wanted to eat in the castle), and then Sci fi, 'Ohana dinner and Biergarten, all which we've done before. Hubby wants to do Cali Grill which we've done several times and we found out it wasnt going to be closed for refurb yet, but I'd like to do something new. Places I'm considering are Raglan Road, Kona (breakfast or dinner), Chef Mickeys...so many good places!!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #2640
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
We're going jan 11-19 and running the 1/2 marathon on the 12th (and I use the word 'running VERY loosely).
So far we're doing Tusker house dinner (new to us), CRT breakfast (my boys are indulging me on this one, I've always wanted to eat in the castle), and then Sci fi, 'Ohana dinner and Biergarten, all which we've done before. Hubby wants to do Cali Grill which we've done several times and we found out it wasnt going to be closed for refurb yet, but I'd like to do something new. Places I'm considering are Raglan Road, Kona (breakfast or dinner), Chef Mickeys...so many good places!!
Way to go on "running"!
Kona is wonderful - especially for breakfast! We loved it! Never had dinner there. I think we've had lunch.
I'm glad you get to eat in the castle!!
I'd like to try Raglan sometime too. Looking at your list I'm guessing your remaining TS will be outside the parks, but have you done Crystal Palace before? Always good - breakfast or dinner!
We've also enjoyed Boma, Les Chefs de France, Tutto Italia (maybe they're closed, I can't remember), Teppan Edo. Can you tell I like Epcot?
Cape May Cafe is pretty good too.
I've never eaten at Whispering Canyon, but the boys might like it.

We don't have another WDW trip planned for a while, so now I'm going to live vicariously through others!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: