Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #2071
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Happy Hump Day ladies! Lots of construction-type things going on around here. None at our house, thankfully. My husband is DONE with projects for a couple of years. We did our kitchen and back deck this past year. I'm dying to have the bathrooms upgraded but they will have to wait *sigh*

Things are good here in PA. Just ordered our MVMCP tickets Very excited about that! All of the advance purchase tickets were sold out, though. How does that happen?

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, CR!!
MindyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #2072
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Mindy, which party night did y'all pick? We are not sure if we are going the party or not,..we have 2 full MK days planned--wed night we will do MSEP and Wishes...so, I really hate to fork out $$$$ for it. Especially since that week has been so slow for us--i guess we can always tack it on later if we choose,..if I decide to go, it'll be on Thr. Those have always been good nights for us to do it!
Well,...me and the kiddos are almost through deep cleaning the house this week,...yikes...dust is the enemy. would love to just poof! And have it gone!! we finish school this week (the two that homeschool) and I want to be able to have some days where we just play!!!!
Looked at the #s again last night for the NYC trip this summer,.. Not looking too good! I am now thinking we will do a short trip to Galveston maybe--like 3 days and let my middle one check out the Pirate expo thing...then if I can talk Mike into it, drive to Gulf Shores or Fort Walton for a short trip... I will just save all those airline miles for our WDW trip this fall...unless of course Mike has an epiphany and wants to take us on a $$$ vacation and we feel no guilt

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #2073
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Because our trip is so short, we really only have Friday, 12/7 to pick from. We arrive just before 1 so we'll get to the resort, head to the MK to see things that are closed during the party, back to the Poly for dinner and then back to MK for MVMCP. I think we'll do DHS the next day, Epcot on Sunday, and as much AK as possible on Monday before our flight leaves Monday evening. So much to see, so little time LoL

My mom hasn't been there since '98 and has never stayed onsite. I'm saving my pennies so that I can upgrade to a TPV. I want her to be able to sit on the balcony and watch Wishes if she wants. I've already saved enough to pay for *my* portion of the trip

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, CR!!
MindyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #2074
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Red - Hey we're going to check out OKW in October - only a 1BR, but I'll let you know how we like it!

so I better get on the stick and order my MNSSHP tix yes? We have enough Disney Visa rewards to pay for them! YAY! Hope they have the night I want!

So you know that new(er) place in DTD - Pollo Campero? I didn't realize it was a chain. (Happens to me a lot - e.g. Joe's Crab Shack...). There's one here in the town I'm working this week - and what is right next to it? Wait for it...

A KFC!!!! How ridiculous is that???

Well the carpet is in and looks fabulous! I am loving it! I wish I didn't have to put the rest of the "stuff" back in the room. I'm going to try to declutter a bit.

Yeah - I can't believe how expensive travel has gotten - along with everything else. We were invited to DH's family reunion over Memorial Day weekend in PA - just west of Pittsburgh. Not sure we'll do it - it would be a day sandwiched in between two days of driving. I don't know if it's worth that time/money. It would be fun, but... My SIL invited us to go on a Royal Caribbean cruise in January too. I'd like just DH and I to go but that dang airfare!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #2075
PEANUT1
You can Fly!

Hey snowbirds. We are all booked for Halloween!!! I get to make my adr's tomorrow but I don't really think there are any reservations that I need to worry about getting. We are bringing my folks for 4 days of our 8 day trip. We are staying at AKV in a 2BR. We are going to the the halloween party on Nov 2. We did it before on Halloween and it was crazy busy. I am hoping this will be better.

We are taking advantage of the cheap park tickets again by having our daughter participate in the YES program. She is doing the OCean Discovery class at Epcot on Halloween.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #2076
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindyLuvsMickey View Post
Because our trip is so short, we really only have Friday, 12/7 to pick from. We arrive just before 1 so we'll get to the resort, head to the MK to see things that are closed during the party, back to the Poly for dinner and then back to MK for MVMCP. I think we'll do DHS the next day, Epcot on Sunday, and as much AK as possible on Monday before our flight leaves Monday evening. So much to see, so little time LoL

My mom hasn't been there since '98 and has never stayed onsite. I'm saving my pennies so that I can upgrade to a TPV. I want her to be able to sit on the balcony and watch Wishes if she wants. I've already saved enough to pay for *my* portion of the trip
How sweet!! And hopefully some type of room discount will come out for you to take advantage of... i bet she has an awesome time no matter what!! As far as AK,...that is my least favorite park..my little 2 reaaaaally want to do it this trip-we have skipped it the last 2 trips--all they want to do is ride stuff at the Dino-Rama and dig in the boneyard!!! the last time we did the Animal Safari, we didn't really see much-the first time we saw lots of animals,..not sure what happened that 2nd time! So, we are planning to go first thing and get outta there around lunch...they dont' like EE, we are not doing Kali, so, and I have seen the Flights of Wonder EVERY time!!! So,I will take them since we haven't been in so long, but it's gonna be fast and furious!! LOL!!

Old 05-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #2077
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEANUT1 View Post
Hey snowbirds. We are all booked for Halloween!!! I get to make my adr's tomorrow but I don't really think there are any reservations that I need to worry about getting. We are bringing my folks for 4 days of our 8 day trip. We are staying at AKV in a 2BR. We are going to the the halloween party on Nov 2. We did it before on Halloween and it was crazy busy. I am hoping this will be better.
hey!! Glad to see you here!! you will leave right before I get there!!! We coulda had a Dismeet!!!!! The only one I reaaaaally want to get-if it's even gonna be open- is Be Our Guest!! Let me know if it's on the ADR list tomorrow!!! I heard it will be ready for Nov travelers!!
I made our ressies today! Paid our $200 depo,..now I only owe a million dollars...just kidding!! I figured if I went ahead and made it, we could start paying it down over the next 6 months!! I just couldn't stand it any longer,...had to make those ressies so it would be 'official'...at least in my mind! I would love a room discount,...the 30% is fab for the Deluxes!! But, will take FD too--only if we don't have to give up the BC...that happened last year--had to go to the Poly to get the FD deal--we were really wanting to do the CR or the BC...not sure what we'll do if the FD is all that's offered and we can't go there,....

Old 05-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #2078
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
hey!! Glad to see you here!! you will leave right before I get there!!! We coulda had a Dismeet!!!!! The only one I reaaaaally want to get-if it's even gonna be open- is Be Our Guest!! Let me know if it's on the ADR list tomorrow!!! I heard it will be ready for Nov travelers!!
I made our ressies today! Paid our $200 depo,..now I only owe a million dollars...just kidding!! I figured if I went ahead and made it, we could start paying it down over the next 6 months!! I just couldn't stand it any longer,...had to make those ressies so it would be 'official'...at least in my mind! I would love a room discount,...the 30% is fab for the Deluxes!! But, will take FD too--only if we don't have to give up the BC...that happened last year--had to go to the Poly to get the FD deal--we were really wanting to do the CR or the BC...not sure what we'll do if the FD is all that's offered and we can't go there,....
So you booked BC?? Cool! Too bad you're not going earlier so we could visit again!
I hope a deal comes through for you!

Peanut - congrats on your booking too! We're looking forward to our first MNSSHP!

I just added another ADR for breakfast at Kona today! I THINK I'm done now!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #2079
PEANUT1
You can Fly!

Quote:
Im so grumpy right now

I got up at 6am to make my ressies online..only to find that my hotel reservation wouldn't link so I couldn't do my 180+10 days of reservations..I am so mad.

I called at 7am to make the rest and spent 35 min on the phone only to have the CM tell me after the fact that I couldn't make my reservations because their credit card holding system was down...UGH!!!! I usually am not a grumpy person, but today is not my day.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #2080
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

oh Crud!!! What a waste of good sleep!!!!!! I would be sooo aggravated! Was it something they were dealing with just today? I have till the 14th,..so surely it'll be fixed by then,....I thought i read something yesterday where someone had a hard time getting stuff done thru the online system

Old 05-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #2081
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

So envious of those going on trips soon! Congrats to you all! I hope everyone who's going all enjoy themselves! Andrea, I agree with Disney Mommy 3, what a waste of sleep. What a let down.

I'm pretty sure these past two weeks are not two of my best. After finally getting over Pink Eye, I got an ear infection and this morning, was heading to get gas and got hit. I'm fine (sore, but fine!) but it appears my car is a complete write off. The airbags went off, car frame is dented and door is gone. Luckily my charges weren't in the car (I was going very early this morning and didn't start for another few hours) as one car seat was wrecked and the other one shifted due to impact.

What a few past weeks! Ah well, it can only go up from here, right?
Old 05-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #2082
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Laura!!!Bless your heart!!! I hate that for you!! hopefully you will get a new car soon,...and so thankful your little munchkins weren't in there with you!!!
And an ear infection? you need to sleep all weekend!!!

Old 05-04-2012, 07:38 AM   #2083
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

Laura - so glad you are okay and so glad your little ones weren't in the car with you. Hoping everything gets taken care of quickly.
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #2084
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Laura!!!Bless your heart!!! I hate that for you!! hopefully you will get a new car soon,...and so thankful your little munchkins weren't in there with you!!!
And an ear infection? you need to sleep all weekend!!!
Thank you - I really appreciate it! I've got to admit, the fact that my charges weren't in the car and how lucky I was was one of the first things that crossed my mind when I got hit. He hit the passenger door straight on, and when the air bags went off (there's a noise I never want to hear again!), it freaked me out!

The ear infection definitely doesn't help, at all! Luckily, I had a doctor's appointment yesterday, so I was able to have it checked out and also got checked to see if I had been hurt (knock on wood, I haven't!). My employers sent me home yesterday and my mom made me have a nap, and I'm just heading off to bed now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Mermaid 75 View Post
Laura - so glad you are okay and so glad your little ones weren't in the car with you. Hoping everything gets taken care of quickly.
Thank you! I'm very glad too that my charges weren't there in my car. *PHEW* The car is currently at the dealership repair shop and the latest I should find out about it is Tuesday.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #2085
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Wow Laura- that stinks!!!
You've had it rough - you need a little pixie dustixie dustixie dust:

I hope things get better for you soon!

I'm rather exhausted tonight. We had a late night at Paige's dance competition last night - they did GREAT!!! It was so cute!

Then today I spent the day at the neighbors for the garage sale. One more day tomorrow and then I will rest and update my TR.

Laptop is about out of battery, so I'm going to bed!
Have a great weekend everyone!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: