Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #1771
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
So sorry Wendy. Ironically (or coincidentally) my mother in law also passed away to join her husband in heaven on Saturday. It's tough isn't it?
We will be taking an unplanned trip to Virginia next week as we have delayed the funeral until after Christmas to accomodate travelers (like us).
I'm so sorry Sheree. I hope the girls are okay. Travel safe. You'll be in our prayers.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:07 AM   #1772
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Soleil - so nice to "see" you. Thank you.

Shawna - new fridge for Christmas? I wouldn't mind one, but wouldn't want to be forced to spend that $$ either!!

Thank you all for your prayers etc. We are doing okay. It's sort of surreal right now as we are just going about our business. I'm sort of spinning - thinking of things that need to get done, lists to make etc. The girls so far are okay. They (lucky them) have never gone to a funeral, just a visitation, which I'm not sure they remember, and never for a family member. So I'm trying to prepare them, but not sure what to say. I'm a bit concerned because I don't know if they will have an open casket or not. That may freak them out, so I want to prepare them for that possibility. We did have to find Sarah some appropriate clothes last night - she has outgrown so many things!!!

Wendy - What a lovely thing to say about your MIL. She sounds like someone who will definitely be missed.

So, we carry on.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #1773
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Sheree, sorry for your loss as well.

Just wanted to pop on and say, "Happy Chanukah!" to all who celebrate. We light the first candle tonight.

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:23 AM   #1774
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Meghan- Cole is 6 months already? Wow! I think it's time to start planning his first trip to Disney!
I can't believe he's 6 months old!!! I'm am definately ready to plan his first trip, but Tony (the money man) says we have to wait until we get our tax return and all that. We can always plan though, right?

Sheree & Wendy- So sorry to hear about your mother in law's. You and your families are in my prayers.

When I finally get more than a few minutes to myself, I do plan on catching up on all of the PTR's and TR's I've subscribed to. I miss the DIS so much!!!! Today is Madison's last day of school before Christmas and I'm going in to help with their party (love being a room mom). My older sister is coming over to watch Cole so I can go help. Today is also Tony's last day of work for awhile. He took off tomorrow and the 2 days after Christmas. I love having everyone home!!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:12 AM   #1775
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

MERRY CHRISTMAS SNOWBIRDS!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:21 AM   #1776
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah to many of you Snowbirds!! Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:14 PM   #1777
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas to all my dear Snowbird Friends! I hope and pray that you are all doing very well!
Old 12-25-2011, 01:59 PM   #1778
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas my Snowbirdie friends!!!! Hope you are having a wonderful time with your families!! Those of you who are setting out to travel...be safe!!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:03 PM   #1779
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Happy Chanukah and Merry Christmas to all my wonderful Snowbird friends!

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #1780
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

Sheree and Wendy - I'm so sorry for you losses.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We didn't do too much as far as gifts go bc we decided that our Disney trip was our gifts to ourselves. Then Christmas Day was my first Packer Game!! Mom, dad, my sister and myself all had a wonderful time. The tickets were actually a gift for my sister from a dear friend of hers. And we didn't freeze too bad!

Have a great day everyone!
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #1781
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyred View Post
Sheree and Wendy - I'm so sorry for you losses.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We didn't do too much as far as gifts go bc we decided that our Disney trip was our gifts to ourselves. Then Christmas Day was my first Packer Game!! Mom, dad, my sister and myself all had a wonderful time. The tickets were actually a gift for my sister from a dear friend of hers. And we didn't freeze too bad!

Have a great day everyone!
Girl, you are so brave! LOL..we would have been freezing I'm sure! And Disney is a great gift!!! We had a great day and the kids got what they wanted so peace reigns!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:08 AM   #1782
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

Where does time go? I don't think I've been on the boards since the beginning of December. I'm finally caught up, I think.

Sheree & Wendy - So sorry for your losses. What a difficult thing to deal with during the holidays. I'll be sending extra prayers your way.

Hope everyone had a great holiday. DS is off school until the 4th. My good news came before the holiday when we got the approved school calendar for next year. We're moving to a "more balanced" school year and so we will have 2 weeks off in October. We're going to Disney!!! The schedule is actually really good. It shortens the summer break to just 7 weeks and gives us longer breaks more frequently throughout the year. And, did I mention, we're able to go to Disney because of it! I just couldn't bear the thought of going during the hot summer months. Don't know any details yet, but let the planning begin. The only downside is some friends of ours want to go with us. However, they have totally different vacation styles than we do and don't like to go for as long as we do. I told DH that is fine, but I am planning my vacation the way I normally would. If they go, that's great - we can meet up with them for dinner or for some rides, but I am not tayloring my vacation for them.
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:57 AM   #1783
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Mermaid75 View Post
Where does time go? I don't think I've been on the boards since the beginning of December. I'm finally caught up, I think.

Sheree & Wendy - So sorry for your losses. What a difficult thing to deal with during the holidays. I'll be sending extra prayers your way.

Hope everyone had a great holiday. DS is off school until the 4th. My good news came before the holiday when we got the approved school calendar for next year. We're moving to a "more balanced" school year and so we will have 2 weeks off in October. We're going to Disney!!! The schedule is actually really good. It shortens the summer break to just 7 weeks and gives us longer breaks more frequently throughout the year. And, did I mention, we're able to go to Disney because of it! I just couldn't bear the thought of going during the hot summer months. Don't know any details yet, but let the planning begin. The only downside is some friends of ours want to go with us. However, they have totally different vacation styles than we do and don't like to go for as long as we do. I told DH that is fine, but I am planning my vacation the way I normally would. If they go, that's great - we can meet up with them for dinner or for some rides, but I am not tayloring my vacation for them.
I love this idea of a school calendar...I really wish my district would consider a more balanced school year...I would love two weeks off in October LOL!! Congrats on the Disney Vacation...you are going to have an awesome time!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #1784
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday which ever one you celebrate!!! We had a nice day... my husband held up really well.... while he was very sad not having either of his parents here he was able to enjoy it with the kids....

Then he had a surprise birthday party for me on Monday.... yes the day after Christmas I turned 50.... yikes... I don't feel old ...

with all the chaos of the past two weeks I forgot to mail out our box of goodies to the hotel until today... we arrive Tuesday and it will get there Wednesday... not to bad... I did manage to call ahead and request a refurbished room in the alligator section... did online check in as well, and finished our mousekeeping envelopes...

Had to take all of the Christmas decorations down as we will be heading over to Buffalo to plan the service for Tim's mom on Friday... arrive back here Sunday, leave Tuesday and then two days after we return my house is getting new carpet.... what was I thinking....

Have a happy new year snowbirds!!!

MAGGIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:18 AM   #1785
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGGIED View Post
Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday which ever one you celebrate!!! We had a nice day... my husband held up really well.... while he was very sad not having either of his parents here he was able to enjoy it with the kids....

Then he had a surprise birthday party for me on Monday.... yes the day after Christmas I turned 50.... yikes... I don't feel old ...

with all the chaos of the past two weeks I forgot to mail out our box of goodies to the hotel until today... we arrive Tuesday and it will get there Wednesday... not to bad... I did manage to call ahead and request a refurbished room in the alligator section... did online check in as well, and finished our mousekeeping envelopes...

Had to take all of the Christmas decorations down as we will be heading over to Buffalo to plan the service for Tim's mom on Friday... arrive back here Sunday, leave Tuesday and then two days after we return my house is getting new carpet.... what was I thinking....

Have a happy new year snowbirds!!!
Goodness - you'll need another vacation after all that! Happy belated birthday!!!
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: