Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2010, 08:19 PM   #76
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Finally making it over.

Love the title and of course weepy ( again) over the story.

Sorry, didn't mean to make you weepy again. The TR is mostly happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I'm here. Hopefully, I can stay more on top of your TR than I did with your PTR. And, again, its a beautiful story, even the second time around. Can't wait to hear all about the trip.
The PTR was a little long but I will TRY to stay on topic here... once I get started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Your story get me every time. the pic of you looking at her in the hospital bed with her ears on is precsious. Like Kathy, I wait to celebrate with you guys in Aug of 2012. Thank you for sharing your story and sweet girl with us
Hey Mary! I should Juliana the picture of your girls with their new Disney shirts and Juliana said 'AWWWWWWW. They are so cute!' I agree with her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I'm joining. Your story is just so amazing, and it's so good to see that Juliana is healthy and happy now. We will all celebrate in August of 2012.
Hi!

Thanks for reading along, and for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Okay Tim Where's the Update ?? Have you been listening to Marv who never posts on his own thread
LOL I'm writing part 1 once I'm done with these responses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
Whats this? no reserved seating for the DDC dads that were down in the world? Well I am here now 5th page and stuck in the back corner but heck I am here.
I tried to hold your seat but obviously that didn't work. Thanks for joining in Carl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilyswish View Post
Somehow I hadn't read her story until now. Thank you for sharing! It's so amazing what these little warriors go through.
Kids are so much more resilient than adults.... although it breaks your heart to see them have to go through this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailatilear View Post
I made it and waiting for updates...
You sound like Rosie....

Coming up soon!
Old 12-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #77
that's nice
DDC #330

Let's GO to Disney! 12/1

The week leading up to leaving was very hectic. On Monday, we went to NYC to see the Christmas Show at Radio City Music Hall and hang out in the city for the day, Thursday was Thanksgiving, I worked all weekend then Monday rolled around. Only 2 more days till we leave.

Juliana's Wish granters set up a call for Juliana from Cinderella. So on Tuesday morning the phone rang and there was someone special on the line... (click on the picture to see the video)

Juliana was so excited and very shy when she got the call. She couldn't believe that Cinderella was calling her.

Melody had to work so Juliana and I spent the afternoon packing a few items in our bags. Luckily, Melody got out of work early so she helped in the evening too. After being excited all day, we finally got Juliana to bed much later than we wanted to. We finished packing and we were ready to go.

I tossed and turned all night. I feel like I was up every hour checking the clock. I was excited and I didn't want to over sleep. We had the alarms set for 6:20. Melody & I were up on time and at 6:45 Juliana woke up. We both went into her room and the first thing she said to us was "You guys are still packing?' Melody & I both started laughing and told her it was morning and time to get up so we could go to Disney!

We ate a quick breakfast and then Juliana pulled off the last Mickey head from our countdown calendar.

Our ride was supposed to get us at 7:30 but when I brought the garbage out at 7:15 there was a car parked in our driveway. I went back inside and told Juliana that our ride was here and she wasn't going to believe who was picking us up. I brought the suitcases out and took one final walk through of the house. Juliana and Melody made their way outside and then Juliana saw how we were getting to the airport.

Then she saw our driver....

She asked him if he was Santa and he told her he was Santa's helper. He gave Juliana a present to take with us on the plane- a coloring book and marker set! After we were in the limo, she told us she thought he was the real Santa. I think he was too.

Santa showed us how to control the radio, TV, and Wii!

Juliana and Puppy were so EXCITED!

A little Wii bowling on the ride to the airport.

We arrived and breezed through security with no problem. They had the full body scanners at our airport but we only had to go through the metal detectors. Melody stopped for a coffee from McDonalds then we were on our way to wait at the gate.

Wouldn't you know that past McDonald's was a Dunkin' Donuts and another coffee stand? So once we were situated at the gate, I went to the coffee stand to get a bottled water and a flavor shot for Melody's coffee. Have you ever ordered a flavor shot without ordering it in coffee? The girl at the counter looked at me like I was nuts. LOL

It was raining and windy in the morning and our flight ended up being delayed. We had to wait for our plane to arrive from another city.

Juliana waiting patiently with Puppy.

Photographer Ana didn't do a bad job.

Our plane finally arrived and the boarding process went pretty smoothly. We were only 45 minutes behind schedule. It was a good thing we got out when we did because shortly after we left, there were tons of delays in Hartford and the whole North East. Hartford had delays of 5 and 6 hours!

The takeoff was a little bumpy but our flight was surprisingly smooth. Juliana was playing with her I-Spy bag, coloring, doing an activity book, and watched a movie for a little while. She was so excited she couldn't stick to one thing.

The clouds finally broke up... somewhere over the Carolina's. I think?

Our landing was a little bumpy due to the 30 mph gusts in Florida, but once again, it wasn't too bad. We made it!!!

Our professional traveler.

Off the plane we found our guide and they helped with our luggage and brought us over to the rental car area.

While I was going over the rental info at the Alamo counter, the lady informed us that Alamo/National would cover the cost of gas so we didn't have to bring the car back filled. I wasn't expecting that at all.

We piled all our bags in the car, said goodbye to our greeter, and headed out of the rental area.

We had about a 25 minute drive ahead of us to Give Kids The World (GKTW), our home for the next 7 days.

Up next... Arriving, checking out the resort, and a very unexpected gift.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2010, 10:27 PM   #78
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I've read it before, but I read it again---and I'm a blubbering mess again. All was fine until it got serious and I saw the picture of beautiful Juliana with all those tubes...oh gosh, I can't even imagine Tim what you and Mel went through. August 2012 is getting close. There will be MUCH rejoicing for your little girl!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 12-12-2010, 10:34 PM   #79
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post

Our professional traveler.

That picture is priceless! She really does look like a professional traveler!

Looks like everything went well so far. Can't wait to hear more.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #80
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Oh I just love that Santa picked you guys up! That's so cool!
Old 12-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #81
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Update time! Yeah! Ok, can I just say how glad I am that Puppy came along too! I LOVE her explanation of how Cinderella knew to call her, the MAW ladies hurried down there and then hurried back, lol! Both Juliana and Mel look soooo excited! How sweet. Love the Big Give matching shirts too. Super cute pic that Juliana took of you and Mel! Maybe she's a budding photographer!

I laughed when I read that you had trouble sleeping the night before! That is me, like that commercial where the parents are too excited to sleep. It was pretty darn cool that Santa drove you in a limo! He sure looked like Santa. Glad to hear too that Juliana didn't have to go through those stupid body scanners! And ordering a flavor shot without the coffee? I had no idea you could do that. So how did you order it then...hi, I'd like a coffee with a flavor shot, minus the coffee?

So far it looks like a fabulous start Tim! Remember to drag it out nice and long!
Old 12-12-2010, 10:48 PM   #82
Emilyswish
Mouseketeer

Well, I knew it wouldn't take me long to cry! Santa drove your limo!!!!!! Love it.

Glad you had a pretty smooth flight despite the weather. Sounds great so far!
Old 12-12-2010, 10:58 PM   #83
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I posted at the same time you did! But thankfully I caught this update too.

What an AWESOME start to your trip! Santa picked you guys up in a limo?!?! Dude. You are the best dad ever! I love the pic of her strapped in with Puppy and a giant grin on her face. Too cute!

You 3 look great in your matching Wish shirts too!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 12-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #84
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

I just caught up. Your daughter's story brought tears to my eyes! I am soooo happy she is happy and healthy. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 12-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #85
Dina Monster
Mouseketeer

Juliana was so cute! She was like I am not going to talk to you guys about my special talk with Cindy! So cute! I can't wait to ready the rest! I'm sure you guys loved GKTW! I have heard nothing but good things about that place! This is so exciting!
Old 12-12-2010, 11:21 PM   #86
Mom2mitokids
DIS Veteran

Awesome Start. I too loved that Santa picked you up. How cool is that. Great pictures. That video was priceless.

TR..http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=40564833

http://www.facebook.com/HopeforKylee
Old 12-12-2010, 11:21 PM   #87
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I've read it before, but I read it again---and I'm a blubbering mess again. All was fine until it got serious and I saw the picture of beautiful Juliana with all those tubes...oh gosh, I can't even imagine Tim what you and Mel went through. August 2012 is getting close. There will be MUCH rejoicing for your little girl!
It is still hard for us to look at those pictures. It is much easier to picture Juliana without all those tubes.

Just over 1 1/2 years till Aug. 2012. Then we PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I posted at the same time you did! But thankfully I caught this update too.
LOL Good Job!

Quote:
What an AWESOME start to your trip! Santa picked you guys up in a limo?!?! Dude. You are the best dad ever! I love the pic of her strapped in with Puppy and a giant grin on her face. Too cute!

You 3 look great in your matching Wish shirts too!
I didn't know Santa was coming... MAW set that up. But who better to pick us up before a Christmas Disney trip than Santa!!!!!

I've lost my cool factor a while ago... I can wear matching shirts with my girls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
That picture is priceless! She really does look like a professional traveler!

Looks like everything went well so far. Can't wait to hear more.
Thank you!!! All she wanted to do was pull her suitcase with wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Oh I just love that Santa picked you guys up! That's so cool!
I was shocked when I saw him. I knew Juliana would love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Update time! Yeah! Ok, can I just say how glad I am that Puppy came along too!
There was NO way Puppy would stay here by her self!

Quote:
I LOVE her explanation of how Cinderella knew to call her, the MAW ladies hurried down there and then hurried back, lol! Both Juliana and Mel look soooo excited! How sweet.
She is a smart one isn't she? She was so shy during the call and then got embarrassed.

Quote:
Love the Big Give matching shirts too. Super cute pic that Juliana took of you and Mel! Maybe she's a budding photographer!
She did a good job with the picture. Not bad!

Quote:
I laughed when I read that you had trouble sleeping the night before! That is me, like that commercial where the parents are too excited to sleep.

Quote:
And ordering a flavor shot without the coffee? I had no idea you could do that. So how did you order it then...hi, I'd like a coffee with a flavor shot, minus the coffee?
I asked how much for a shot. $.50.... I said OK i don't need a coffee, just the shot. The girl had a weird look on her face.

Quote:
So far it looks like a fabulous start Tim! Remember to drag it out nice and long!
2 updates a week sound good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilyswish View Post
Well, I knew it wouldn't take me long to cry! Santa drove your limo!!!!!! Love it.
Oh boy... your crying already?

I loved that he was our driver... what a treat.

Quote:
Glad you had a pretty smooth flight despite the weather. Sounds great so far!
I was really surprised how smooth our flight was. There were 20-40 MPH winds here when we took off.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:41 PM   #88
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great Update !I agree that was the real Santa !!!! How awesome AND a phone call from Cinderella !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 12-12-2010, 11:44 PM   #89
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Wow, Santa came early! what a special surprise for you all! can't wait to hear more! love seeing the excited in Ana's face, you two looked pretty excited too!
Old 12-13-2010, 01:34 AM   #90
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Good Lord! I'm busy for a couple of days and you're already on page 6! I'll have to go back and read now

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: