Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2010, 07:11 AM   #151
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Late to the party, but I'm here. I enjoyed your live updates on Facebook.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 12-15-2010, 07:20 AM   #152
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Okay, first - I find it HILARIOUS that Taco Bell was closed by the GAS company! Oh, how ironic.

GKTW looks amazing! Oh my word! I love Ana's jacuzzi tub. That tree is so freakin' cool. It's like a total wonderland! I love the playground and the life-size Candyland game they play there - how clever! Did you guys ever play?

The sight of all the stars on the ceiling was very humbling. So many children...yep, I'm crying again.

And what a wonderful surprise from Marv & Kathy! DISers are the best!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2010, 07:23 AM   #153
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Wow, GTTW looks a amazing and I don't know how you managed to convince Juliana to leave that playground. I admit that I would like to play there for a while myself! The whole theming there is incredible and I am so happy that it looks like such a special place, although sad that there is even a need for a place like that. That ceiling brought tears to my eyes, so special for each kid to be able to leave their mark there.

I have to say, your updates alone are the best advertisement for MAW. It's such an amazing thing they are able to do. Can't wait to hear more.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:46 AM   #154
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Wow! GKTW looks incredible! I've never seen it before. The buildings, playground, and Old Elmer look really cool. I especially like the houses. They've really thought it through.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:50 AM   #155
Emilyswish
Mouseketeer

Love the new update! I decided not to show my kids pics of the playground or the villas before we get there, I know they'll be just as excited as Ana was to get out there playing!

Thanks for the tip about the carousel - awesome it's flush to the ground, we can just roll Em right on in her wheelchair!!

And those stars . . . I'm going to need to bring more than a few packs of travel tissues I think! It's amazing and overwhelming just how many kids' lives have been turned upside down by having to face life threatening conditions and then touched by GKTW.

No pressure, but you HAVE to finish your report by the time we leave on 12/27!!! I NEED to know everything, and you do the best Trip Reports!!!!! But, like I said, no pressure!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:03 AM   #156
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Okay, first - I find it HILARIOUS that Taco Bell was closed by the GAS company! Oh, how ironic.
Okay, I obviously didn't have enough coffee to drink this morning. How in the world did I not jump all over that one???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilyswish View Post
No pressure, but you HAVE to finish your report by the time we leave on 12/27!!! I NEED to know everything, and you do the best Trip Reports!!!!! But, like I said, no pressure!
So cool that we will be there at the same time! I'll have to go check out your PTR and see if your schedule matches our's on any of the days so I can keep an eye out for you!! (Then again, some on here might tell you that you need to keep an eye out for me so you can run the other way!!!)

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 12-15-2010, 09:13 AM   #157
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Okay, I obviously didn't have enough coffee to drink this morning. How in the world did I not jump all over that one???
:[/SIZE]

Marv you are slipping !!!

Tim I am loving the guided tour of the MAW village !! It is awesome !!!I have to tell my new boss to check it out so if her daufgter's wish gets granted she will have an idea of what it is like !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 12-15-2010, 09:40 AM   #158
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Wow! GKTW looks pretty amazing! I had no idea how big of an operation that was. I'm sure Juliana hated every second of it.

I have to agree with Brook...Taco Bell closed by the gas company...Classic!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:50 AM   #159
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

What a fabulous update! I love the tour of GKTW Tim, it looks so magical, like being inside 4 year old's mind! It sure looks like you had an amazing place to stay and hello, playground across the street? I'm surprised Juliana didn't just roll her little sweet suitcase there and set up her bed so she could sleep there! I love the Candy Land theme too. So cool. They really took a child's imagination into consideration when they created GKTW.

The wishes and stars ceiling made me weepy yet again. There were so many! And that makes me sad. It was very moving to see.

Love Juliana's potato head! I'm telling ya, my DD7 would probably have created exactly the same one (they seem to have similar taste!). A tree that snores? How fun! The carousel looks awesome and the wishing well is too cute!

It looks like you couldn't have stayed at a better place, not even (gasp!) Disneyworld! What an incredible place.

ETA: I guess I'm the contrariaran here because I want you to slooooow down the updates! Otherwise it will be over soon and well, that's NOT nice, lol! Don't let those hecklers boss you around, lol!!!

Last edited by 3prettyprincesses; 12-15-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #160
PennyLane1084
DIS Veteran

GTKW is such an amazing place! Those villas are gorgeous and that playground is awesome. And it's all FREE. It just blows my mind.
I bet Ana didn't stay in the Villa very much being across from the playground. Can't wait to see how long it took before you guys had your first scoop of ice cream.
2013-DISNEYMOON! - Coronado Springs
DH - Steve Me - Kristin
Old 12-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #161
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Aw, GTKW looks so great! From your villa, to that playground, to all those stars on the ceiling! It looks like you guys had a magical time there. So happy for you!
Old 12-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #162
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

I've heard so much about GKTW, but seeing the pictures really adds a new dimension to it. The place looks amazing! I can't wait to hear about the Candyland game!
Old 12-15-2010, 10:38 AM   #163
dekkerdisneydreamer
Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

Thanks for the tour Tim! I don't blame Ana, I would not have wanted to leave the playground either!

I love how all of the houses are decorated, it really makes GKTW a fantasyland of sorts. Those stars, how beautiful! It makes me sad that there are so many, but happy at the same time that so many children were able to come to such a wonderful place!

Old 12-15-2010, 10:55 AM   #164
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

Great updates. I will have to log on later to show my little one. She loves looking at all the pictures and doesn't want to let me read what goes with them....
Old 12-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #165
Aimros
Zip a dee doo dah!

I've been here from the beginning but haven't posted yet. I'm so glad to hear your trip got off to such a great start and I'm anxiously anticipating the rest of your TR but hope it doesn't go by too quickly (just like your vacation did, unfortunately!). I am amazed at the GKTW village. It is a perfect little place for kids. It breaks my heart and makes me feel so happy all at the same time to know there is a place like that out there for kids who deserve it just like Ana does. Those stars on the ceiling are simply amazing.

CBR x 3 ~ POP x 1 ~ CSR x 2 ~ POR x 1 ~ AOA x 1 ~ AKL x 1

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: