Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
Sunnywho
DIS Veteran

pre-trip report ... 2013 trip!

EP rose & crown
MK ohana's breakfast
HS 50s lunch
AK boatwright dinner
EP azerkhus breakfast, garden grill dinner
MK bb dinner
HS pirate adventure, sci-fi dinner
AK yak & yeti
MK castle lunch
EP le cellier lunch

Am I planning too far ahead? Or was it just too hard having counter service this last 9 day trip and missing out on all the restaurants?

Let me share my plans....

At Epcot, my daughter loves fried fish, so just she and I are going to try out Rose and Crown. We've never been to the restaurant, although we've had the counter service version, which is delicious.

For the last two trips, I've wanted to get in breakfast at Ohana's, but everyone wants to get to the parks first thing. Now the kids are getting older (daughter will be 11, son 8, youngest son 6) so we could be running out of time. Although if I've raised them right, they will not outgrow Mickey.... The Polynesian theme is also nostalgic for me, since my grandparents lived in Hawaii for 25 years, and we visited them every year when I was growing up.

At Hollywood Studios, we've never been to the 50s cafe, because we always spend just one day there and we all love the sci-fi diner. But with two days planned for HS, the 50s prime-time cafe gets its chance. It looks very cute in all the pictures, and I'm good at finishing my vegetables, and I'm not warning anyone.

Animal Kingdom closes relatively early, so that'll be a good day to eat dinner at the resort, which is going to be Port Orleans Riverside. Our first time staying in a moderate instead of a value. With three kids, Disney didn't leave us much choice, since the suites cost even more! Boatwright restaurant has New Orleans cooking, which I've always liked, so I expect to enjoy this one.

At Epcot, I've got a big character meal day planned. We haven't been to Azerkhus since my daughter was 10 months old. We have good memories of the princesses making a fuss over her, and the food was great too. Hopefully my boys won't mind the girliness, because I've got a castle meal planned later in the trip. That evening, it's one of our favorite Disney restaurants, Garden Grill. I love seeing the Land ride. Also any family-style character meal gets my appreciation. Whoever made all the character meals buffet-style, and parents with small children have to assemble plates for themselves and the kids after a day of theme-park walking? Been there, done that, booking family-style.

Another day at Magic kingdom, and since this trip isn't happening until 2013, I have hopes that the Beauty and the Beast restaurant will be open!

For a Hollywood studios day, we're going to spend the morning at the resort with the kids taking the Port Orleans Riverside pirate adventure. I think it gets done by 11:30am, then we'll be hitting Hollywood Studios with dinner at the Sci Fi diner. We have done this restaurant on the last four trips. Kids watch the show clips, so husband and I get some time to actually talk.

At Animal Kingdom, we have good memories of Yak and Yeti restaurant, so we'll be headed back to that. Last time I ate my dessert and my husband's. Mango pie and whatever the skewers thing was. Both were extra good. My husband ordered some colossal ribs meal and wasn't hungry for his dessert. I will strongly encourage him to order the ribs again.

At Magic Kingdom, I debated about including the castle because it does take two credits and we'll have done Azerkhus, but if we're eating at all these restaurants, it is nice to include the castle among them. We've eaten here just once. My middle son remembers having eaten there and he was only four!

Last but not least, at Epcot, I'd like to try out the Le Cellier restaurant that everyone is so keen on. We'd be going for lunch and my husband isn't particularly interested in it, but I think once he gets in there, he'll like it.

Some of the counter service restaurants we have to hit include the restaurant in dinoland that has the kids' meals come in a bucket. We ate in the Airstream trailer attached to the restaurant last time. Really cute details, and a jukebox playing.

We also always visit Pizza Planet in Hollywood Studios. Last time my son thought it was the real Pizza Planet from the real movie, and he got very excited. I don't think it'll be the same level of excitement this time, but we'll buy some game tokens, and that will go over too.

We haven't been to Pinocchio Haus for a few trips and that used to be our favorite, especially if we could get a seat looking out over a ride, so we will try for that on this next trip. The reason we stopped going is that they changed the menu. I think it was a panini I used to get? Can't quite remember, but it's gone now. My husband loves Cosmic Rays, with a seat in the piano player's section, and he brings up memories of the kids crawling across the area as part of a family tour we did a few years back.

This last trip, based on advice found here, I sought out the cupcakes at various parks. I missed the closing of the one at Hollywood Studios by half an hour but we managed to hit the Kusafari bakery in Animal kingdom and we were all very impressed with the cupcakes! They come with elaborate white chocolate molded animal pops on top. The kids got those and loved them.

It's a long wait until 2013! I wish this were a second 2011 trip!
Sunnywho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
itradehilton
Mouseketeer

Wow, I thought I was bad I just play with my Disney dining app planning and redoing possible dining choices. Nice to see another obsessive planner.

me DH: DS #1 DS #2
itradehilton is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Obsessive planner? I prefer to call it pre-trip advance scheduling!

Not me though...
VWL - 5/20-5/25/12 (2br & Studio-Family trip)
AUL - 9/04-9/09/12 (Studio-30th anniversary trip)
AUL - 12/16-12/21/12 (Studio-DD honeymoon)
BCV - 5/19-5/24/13 (Studio-F&G)
BWV - 10/20-10/26/13 (Studio-F&W)
OKW - 5/18-5/23/14 (GV-Family trip)

Nothing planned yet after May, 2014!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:17 AM   #4
Sunnywho
DIS Veteran

ok, you got me....

You could consider it post-trip mourning! It was hard to leave Disney this August and know that it was going to be longer than usual until we go back.

It's even possible that these plans will stay the same by the time 2013 comes!
Sunnywho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:54 PM   #5
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnywho View Post
ok, you got me....

You could consider it post-trip mourning! It was hard to leave Disney this August and know that it was going to be longer than usual until we go back.

It's even possible that these plans will stay the same by the time 2013 comes!
It's okay, I'm doing the same thing! Got back from my September trip and eager to start planning another, but it won't be til April 2013. Trying to resist the planning urge but it is hard!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:28 PM   #6
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

YES I think you are planning way too far in advance. I didn't even read all of your post, because really, I don't want to think about 2013!!!!!! Plus this is the review board, not the planning board!!!!
Good Luck

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: