Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Mandymouse's Trippy Part 2 ~ Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Cruise

Castmembers

Mandy & Paul

Mandymouse's Trippy Part 1 ~ Food & Wine Festival Frolics

Saturday 30th October '10 ~ High 82F ~ Boarding the Disney Magic

Paul set his alarm for 4.15am, but I was already up and getting ready. We headed to the Jetty Park around 4.45am, and a couple of minutes later we parked close to the pier

We had to wait a good 10/15 minutes, but then the Disney Magic arrived at the estuary. As she passed us we took some photos, then we got back in the car and drove up to the cruise parking area opposite DCL's where we watched her turn and dock

We went back to the hotel and went back to bed for a couple of hours. We got up around 8.30am and left Ron Jon's around 9.45am (we really enjoyed staying here, and we will definitely stay here again)

The Disney Cruise Line terminal was really busy at the roadside where the bags were dropped off, but once you passed security and took the escalators up to the main terminal we noticed that the lines for the US and Castaway Club members were really long, but I was able to walk over to the front of the non-US check-in

We were given embarkation # 4, and our room keys (#6637 ~ an inside category 11 room on deck 6), then we wandered around terminal taking photos, and waited for embarkation # 1 to be called (which was called around 11.45am)

# 4 was called a little while later, and before long we heard for the first time 'Welcome aboard the Disney Magic the Martindale Family'

We were after some Palo reservations, so we went straight to Rockin' Bar D, where we made a Palo Brunch reservation for the following morning. We were put on the waiting list for Palo High Tea, and we already had a ressie for Dinner on the Friday evening

We took the lift up to Deck 9 and Paul got some lunch from Topsiders, when he came back I grabbed some tuna wraps and fruit from Goofy's Galley

After lunch we found a couple of loungers at the Quiet Cove Pool and chilled with our first Bahama Mamas till our room was available at 1.45pm

Around 2ish we went to find our stateroom. This was the first time staying in an inside room, and we were really pleased with it. We found our Gold Castaway Club gift on our bed and also a letter saying that my friend Sandy had kindly sent us $40 stateroom credit (thank you, that was so nice of you )

Our luggage arrived throughout the afternoon, and at 3pm we left the room to join a DIS Meet in the Promenade Lounge. We had a very organised and creative bunch on our cruise. Many DISers were dressed in Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Cruise t-shirts and someone had organised lanyards to be made with our logo on (along with trick or treat activities for the kids the following day). At 3.30pm we all gathered in the atrium to have a group photo taken

Cont'd ..

Last edited by mandymouse; 03-12-2011 at 10:42 AM.
mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Cont'd ..

Over the next few hours we went ~ to the Lifeboat drill (which luckily for us was in Animators Palete), up on top deck for the Sailaway Party where we ran into Daisy Duck, and we wandered around the ship taking photos and stopping off at Diversions and the Promenade Lounge for a cocktail or two (the drink of the day was a Malibu Bay Breeze, but we mainly stuck with Bahama Mamas)

Our dining rotation for this cruise was Lumiere's (cruise casual), Animators Palate (Halloween/Cruise Casual), Parrot Cay (Formal), Parrot Cay (cruise casual), Lumiere's (Pirate Night), Animator's Palate (semi-formal) and Parrot Cay (cruise casual)

So we got showered and changed and we went down to Lumiere's for 8.15pm. We met our servers and our tablemates for the cruise (who were all lovely and friendly) ~ Tommy & Rory (Aurora), Jeff & Kevin and Ken & Karen

We had a very enjoyable meal, though one of our servers was very slow, but we had a nice time chatting and getting to know each other

We finished our meal around 10pm, and we were shattered after such an early morning, so it was time for beddy-byes, and we found our first towel animal waiting for us and also another Castaway Club gift

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Can't wait to hear more about the cruise.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

Great start to the cruise report Mandy - love the picture with all the Dis'ers on it!
Tinks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #5
Cruisin
If you can't carry it, you don't need it
I keep on posting to things just so I can look at my tags
I love my Captain Mickey antenna topper!

Thanks Mandy.

I'm loving the report and drooling over all the pictures
Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:02 AM   #6
Goofysmate
Isn't fussed where she is, as long as it's a bit warmer than here

So many dis people on the crusie.
Sept 2006 Weston Hills (Villa)
Nov 2008 Regal Palms (Town House)
Goofysmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:44 AM   #7
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Your reviews are just great Mandy, I really look forward to reading them

I don't even know what's in a Bahama Mama but I want one
Linda67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:25 AM   #8
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Great pics Mandy
Old 12-09-2010, 03:57 AM   #9
Jordanblackpool
DIS Veteran

Great Pics

Past VisitsMGM Grand,Las Vegas. March 201113th Feb 2010 - Royal Crown Plaza March 2009 - Port Orleons, French Quarter,October 2007 - Port Orleons French Quarter,April 2004 - Comfort Inn,October 1999 - Port Orleons French Quarter,October 1997 -Port Orleons - French Quarter,October 1995 - Grosvenor LBV,October 1993 - Delta

Follow Me On Twitter www.twitter.com/Allsworth27
Jordanblackpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:35 AM   #10
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Great start to your cruise Mandy.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:06 AM   #11
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Sunday 31st October '10 ~ Key West/Halloween

We had a nice lie in (well lie in for us) and I got up around 8.30am and got showered and changed. Paul was up around 9am and we both got ready for our 10am reservation at Palo for Brunch

Our server was Sylvester from India, and he was great. He asked us to choose a champagne cocktail ~ Mimosas of course, then he showed us around the different tables which had fish, meats, breads, cheeses, danishes and the best one .. desserts

We started with a plate of various items from the tables, then we ordered our egg dish. I had Eggs Florentine and Paul had Eggs Julia. Next we ordered our main dish, I had a chicken dish and Paul had veal. All the food was absolutely delicious, and Sylvester looked after us and brought us another Mimosa each. To finish off we went up to the dessert table and tried a couple of things - I know one of them was a Tiramisu for me ~ it was a fabulous meal

After Brunch we got changed into our swimwear and found a couple of loungers up on deck 10, and we chilled for a while as the ship docked in Key West. We weren't in any hurry to disembark, so we relaxed while the crowds got off, then we got changed and headed off the ship

We wandered around the harbour, where we found a shop that was obviously owned by Claire's (Pinky166) hubby . We then hopped into a taxi and got dropped off at the Southernmost Point

We took the usual photos, then walked back into town down Duval Street, and we stopped off for a couple of Hurricanes at the Hard Rock Cafe

We took a wander around the town and harbour and bought a few souvenirs along the way. After taking a few photos we got back on the ship

When we got back onboard there was a Halloween Party in full swing on Deck 9 and it was great to see so many people and the characters dressed up in their costumes

We chilled on the comfy chairs on Deck 4 and watched the sun setting, then we started getting ready for dinner. We watched the ship leave Key West, then wandered down to Rockin Bar D where the band had everyone boogie-ing to Halloweeny songs

We would've stayed and watched the band, but we had to go to dinner, which was in Animators Palate tonight

Once again we had a lovely meal, (sorry I can't remember what we had) and we had a fun time with our tablemates

After dinner we ran into Vampire Mickey and Pirate Stitch then watched the Adults Halloween Costume Contest in the Atrium before heading to bed

Tonights towel animal .. a ghost (woooooooooh)

Last edited by mandymouse; 02-18-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:32 AM   #12
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Lovely day, I want to go on a cruise!
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:56 AM   #13
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect

Ooh, you're making me very excited for my upcoming cruise! I wish mine was stopping at Key West.

I like your Halloween-y dinner outfit. Very nice!
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
Old 12-09-2010, 07:15 AM   #14
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Monday 1st November '10 ~ Day at Sea

We were up around 8.30am, and we started getting ready for 'Mickey's Island Jam Character Breakfast' which was being held in Parrot Cay. As we were getting ready we received a phone call from Palo asking us if we'd like to go to High Tea later that afternoon (heck yeah ! we'll be there !)

This was our first character breakfast on a Disney ship, and we really enjoyed it. It was being held in Parrot Cay and we'd be sitting with our usual tablemates on our usual table

Only Karen & Ken joined us, but we had a fun time meeting the characters, having breakfast and having our servers make silly hats for us

After brekkie we got changed into our swimming stuff and we eventually found a couple of loungers up on Deck 10. It was a lovely warm day, but on top deck it was very very windy. We were in bits laughing as we spent ages trying to get our towels to stay put on the lounger as we tried to lie down. Honestly it was like watching the Generation Game and watching adults trying to lay towels down while a giant fan was blown on you. It took a good while to get settled, but the hysterics started again when we tried to turn over

We stayed out for an hour or so, and when I headed back to the room I caught my reflection in a window - oh dear, all that was missing was a feather duster and saying 'how tickled I am' and I would've passed for a half decent Ken Dodd impersonator

Once changed I went to the Cove Cafe to relax reading my book. Paul caught up with me a while later, so we called in at Signals Bar to get a couple of drinkies, a 'High Tide' which was the drink of the day for me and a Heinekin for Paul

Paul had a little lunch from Topsiders, then we got changed for our 3pm High Tea reservation at Palo.

Andrea from Croatia was our server, and she was so nice. She served us our tea (good old English breakfast for us), and she brought out some rolls and open sandwiches for us

Next came a couple of de-li-cious warm scones with jam and clotted cream

Then came a selection of petit fours, by now we were seriously struggling

Then to finish us off, we had trifle, but we had to put our hands up in defeat with this (sorry no pic)

After our lovely tea we rolled ourselves back to our room and just chilled for a while

Around 5ish we wandered down to the Atrium as I wanted to see the first diners all dressed up for Formal Night. Even though we weren't dressed up, we were handed a couple of rum punch cocktails each (yay !!)

We spent an hour or two people watching and chatting to the girls on-line, then we got ready ourselves. This is our first Formal Night, and I was pleased that after seeing the first diners dressed up, that we didn't feel too under-dressed

We wandered back down to the Atrium (in search of more free cocktails ), and we met the Captain before heading to Parrot Cay for dinner

As it was the Prince & Princesses menu tonight we both ordered a Glass Slipper cocktail. Paul ordered salmon for a starter followed by rack of lamb, and I had the potato & sausage soup followed by a vegetable lasagne. Paul finished off with the Lemon Cheesecake (which had a cute princess choccie with it) and I had Tiramisu. Here's some pics of our tablemates

Kevin & Jeff

Karen & Ken

Tommy & Rory

Pauls's girly dessert - lol

Once again we had a lovely evening and meal, but we were well and truly stuffed, so we finished off our evening with a couple of laps around deck 4 before heading to bed

Last edited by mandymouse; 12-09-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:23 AM   #15
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect

Wow! You both looked fab for Formal Night.

Love Paul's girly dessert.

Lauren

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: