Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2010, 01:21 PM   #76
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

I hate getting the ME stuff on your hotel door.

Looks like you're making the best of your day even with that dreaded envelope. A true girls morning.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 12-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #77
Googelibear
Every day is the dawn of a new error, hehe

signing on, in, up.
I am very excited to read this trip report- see?

Register to remove

Old 12-10-2010, 06:52 PM   #78
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post

Our stuff is not nearly as exciting as yours, for sure!
But, what we do, we're happy to share with anyone who is interested.

I beg to differ! Disney is always an exciting adventure and I LOVE hearing about your trips!

BOO for the Magical Express envelopes...that is never a good thing!

You got some fantastic shots of Beauty & the Beast. That is one of my favorite shows in the parks!
Old 12-10-2010, 07:44 PM   #79
laashley
DIS Veteran

What a nasty fall you took. Hope you have a very speedy recovery!

Loving all the Beauty and the Beast pictures. You have some very nice ones there. What a nice morning you and Brooklynn had!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #80
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm here! It's sad to see the one report come to an end, but I'm thrilled to read about the next one! And hopefully, in proper MeMom and Jill fashion, it will take us directly to our departure dates.

Jill - I hope your night out with the friends was a good one! It feels so good to have adult conversation and only have to cut your own food every once in a while, doesn't it? How did you like Tangled? We LOVED it. Just tonight Joe mentioned how he wanted to see it again!

MeMom - I hope that rib heals up quickly. That is NOT fun. I've never cracked one, but I have bruised one and even that was miserable. The worst part is, even if you do go to the doctor, they can't do anything about it except maybe give you a tight wrap and some pain killers. Blah. Hopefully it will just heal up quickly!

Quote:
He still needs a groomer, though.
Dude's hair is a mess.
This made me laugh out loud!

We haven't seen B&tB in a while either, I'm going to have to be sure to make it in Feb/March!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 12-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #81
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!

Quote:
Raise your hand if you are freezing!
I am and I really don't mind the cold to much.
I would think we are breaking some records here for the cold we've had. It's pretty early for this and seems it's been going on awhile!

Quote:
We stopped for a minute to see some Playhouse Disney friends.
Will got to meet him too this trip .....he was so cute! We were next up in line and he was waving at him! SO sweet!!! He really just got into this whole waving thing while we were at Disney. I'm assuming he learned from the parades

MeMom - I am so sorry to hear about your fall. And I hope you haven't broken anything!! Hope you are already feeling better!!
May, Oct 2011 - Off Property
May, Sept, Dec 2012 - Off Property
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!
March, Sept, Dec 2013 - Off Property
Jan 2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas
**I really think I'm missing one or two

The Vandy Girls are BACK!!
MY FIRST TR!!!!! Our Christmas Trip in PICTURES!!!! ~~Oh...and I'm obsessed with the Castle~~
Old 12-11-2010, 04:55 AM   #82
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Great pics from the Beauty and Beast Show!!
Thanks. Wouldn't it be cool if they did a Christmas version of the play during the holidays, too? There's a B&B Christmas DVD that they could reenact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
Fun day at DHS! Great pics from Beauty and the Beast!
I enjoyed my time with my big girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Magical Express envelopes? Boo!

Great morning at DHS! Belle is a girl after my own heart with her love of reading!
And Mickey has the nerve to smile while he is kicking us out?!?!?
Not cool.
He should be crying.

Yep, Belle is a favorite of mine, as well. I like her simplicity, I think.
Plus, the Belle's we have had interactions with in the parks always seem to be so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumblrbailey View Post
Oh man! No computer for two days and I miss the start of a new report! (well sort of new.) Well, I'm here!

It's so cold in Knoxville
This computer is hanging in there, but it is slooooow. I'll have to get a new one eventually.

We're supposed to get a day or two of relief, but another front is on its way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
I just love that show! I haven't seen it in a while, either, maybe next trip.

Stay warm!!! Our HIGH on Sunday is 6 degrees - brrr!!!! (With a temp like that, can they really call it a high?!)
6 is not high! Put a 7 in front of it, and you have the perfect temperature. I guess I shouldn't complain about lows in the teens, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Nothing puts a damper on vacation than seeing the envelopes of doom.
And that also means the stories and pictures from the trip are ending. Thank goodness you have another trip to tell us about!
We do, indeed, have another short trip to share with you, if you wanna hear about it. It'll be fun for us to go back in time until it is time to leave again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Thanks Jill for loading more pictures in the middle of all your busyness. Brooklynn sound very busy as well. I didn't know she was a ballerina.

Memom,

I hope you feel better soon. I enjoyed going along on Memom and Brooklynn's princess morning. I am looking forward to seeing where you went next.
This was our last full day, so ordinarily we would have packed a lot in, but with Trent down there now, things are a little different. When he was able to come over (when he wasn't working), we stopped and just hung out with him.

Brooklynn is in dance and gymnastics, but the chances of her being an expert in either of them are slim to none. Jill said her practices in the living room usually end up with her falling over the ottoman. It will be fun to watch, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I hate getting the ME stuff on your hotel door.

Looks like you're making the best of your day even with that dreaded envelope. A true girls morning.
I really treasure the one-on-one time with each girl. They need to have undivided attention sometimes, and I am more than willing to give it.

I try to ignore those envelopes until the last second. Jill can tell you, I am not good at leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googelibear View Post
signing on, in, up.
I am very excited to read this trip report- see?

We welcome you aboard!
Make yourself at home among the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
I beg to differ! Disney is always an exciting adventure and I LOVE hearing about your trips!

BOO for the Magical Express envelopes...that is never a good thing!

You got some fantastic shots of Beauty & the Beast. That is one of my favorite shows in the parks!
We love taking them!

Brooklynn has always been enthralled with Beauty and the Beast. I bet Bella will really like it next time, because she likes Beast. That was the toy she chose from her Disney on Ice trip last weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laashley View Post
What a nasty fall you took. Hope you have a very speedy recovery!

Loving all the Beauty and the Beast pictures. You have some very nice ones there. What a nice morning you and Brooklynn had!
Very sore, but that's to be expected. I will do laundry more carefully today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I'm here! It's sad to see the one report come to an end, but I'm thrilled to read about the next one! And hopefully, in proper MeMom and Jill fashion, it will take us directly to our departure dates.

Jill - I hope your night out with the friends was a good one! It feels so good to have adult conversation and only have to cut your own food every once in a while, doesn't it? How did you like Tangled? We LOVED it. Just tonight Joe mentioned how he wanted to see it again!

MeMom - I hope that rib heals up quickly. That is NOT fun. I've never cracked one, but I have bruised one and even that was miserable. The worst part is, even if you do go to the doctor, they can't do anything about it except maybe give you a tight wrap and some pain killers. Blah. Hopefully it will just heal up quickly!

This made me laugh out loud!

We haven't seen B&tB in a while either, I'm going to have to be sure to make it in Feb/March!
Exactly why I didn't bother with a doctor. There would be nothing they could do anyway.

I was so glad Jill got that night out with her friends. I bet they had a blast talking and eating uninterrupted.

Maybe Henry will enjoy seeing Beast, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyFan10 View Post

I am and I really don't mind the cold to much.
I would think we are breaking some records here for the cold we've had. It's pretty early for this and seems it's been going on awhile!

Will got to meet him too this trip .....he was so cute! We were next up in line and he was waving at him! SO sweet!!! He really just got into this whole waving thing while we were at Disney. I'm assuming he learned from the parades

MeMom - I am so sorry to hear about your fall. And I hope you haven't broken anything!! Hope you are already feeling better!!
Disney trips take on a whole new wonder now, don't they? I can't wait for Dawn and Ray to take Seth for the first time. Everything is going to be so much more amazing now.

Enough with this cold, I say.
Of course, I don't really get to choose.

Does Will have a hundred presents under the tree?

Better a cracked rib than a broken arm or leg, right?
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:14 AM   #83
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Since I was doing a Disney alphabet, this book caught my eye.

Goodbye, Hollywood Studios. Until next time.

Walking out to the boat.

On the boat.

What is Jill praying about, do you think?

The boat took us to France.

Hello, Marie Kitty.

This is my sister.

This is what she does to everyone, so don't feel bad.

Captured long enough for a shot.

This fountain, when I get a good picture, will be on my Disney water features collage.

Yes, the one that is years in the making.

Pretty Morocco.

Photopass picture being taken.
Brooklynn is understanding the 'pretending' part a little better this time.

I would like to eat here sometime. The girls would enjoy Ratatouille.

Getting the autograph book ready for Belle.

We thought she was a great Belle.

Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 12-11-2010 at 06:13 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:20 AM   #84
MeMom
DIS Veteran

More Morocco.

I think it was Megablocks who said she had gotten one of these.

Such a neat place. The atmosphere definitely gives you a unique shopping experience.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:42 AM   #85
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Wow! It's almost as if you had World Showcase all to yourselves! So many pictures without anyone else in them. Beautiful! I love the Morocco pavilion too. More than any of the others it seems like you can really get "lost" back there and almost forget where you are. Would love to be poking around there today!

Hope that you are feeling progressively better after your fall!

Old 12-11-2010, 09:42 AM   #86
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

The ME packet is the worst part of the vacation

Hope you're feeling better!

Old 12-11-2010, 10:33 AM   #87
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Once again your world showcase pictures have transported me to a whole new world this morning. Thanks.

I love the advertisement outside of the restroom at DHS. Disney thinks of everything.

I have read, we might get snow flurries tomorrow night, I am not ready for this cold weather at all. After I retired from teaching all the excitement of snow rumors ended.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 12-11-2010, 12:36 PM   #88
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

My friend spent nine months abroad in Morocco last year. She was there when I was in Disney in February so I'd been seeing her pictures on Facebook for six months, and it was astounding how similar her pictures were to the WS Morocco. I kept on thinking "wow, these are just like Cat's pictures."

Quote:
I think it was Megablocks who said she had gotten one of these.

My mom did. You're good! I really want to get one the next time we're there, I think it would be adorable on my dresser with my pictures and figurines.

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 12-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #89
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I'm sorry to hear you feel MeMom. I hope whatever you cracked, heals quickly. Ouch.

Great update! Glad you find you all over here. I love the title!!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 12-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #90
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Wow! It's almost as if you had World Showcase all to yourselves! So many pictures without anyone else in them. Beautiful! I love the Morocco pavilion too. More than any of the others it seems like you can really get "lost" back there and almost forget where you are. Would love to be poking around there today!

Hope that you are feeling progressively better after your fall!
If I ever did a solo trip, I's take one day to be there for the opening of World Showcase and try to get more empty street pictures. With the girls, though, we make our way first to get Soarin' Fastpasses, take pictures with characters, and of course, find Nemo. By the time we do that, we sort of forget about going over to WS as soon as it opens. I'm not complaining, mind you, but I'm just saying if I ever am there without my sweet girls, I'll catch Canada and UK early and be at the bridge to France when it opens to try to get that good fountain picture.

You don't realize until you are hurt how much you take movement for granted. Just to hold a pan in my left hand to wash it with my right hand hurts. Picking up a box of any kind has been done a different way, for sure. Drew has moved Christmas boxes for me or I have slid them off shelves with my right arm and balanced them down with my leg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
The ME packet is the worst part of the vacation

Hope you're feeling better!
I am sure enjoying being at home today. I have the little tree up with the lights on. Just made s'mores in the microwave. It's cold and wet outside, so I am glad I do not have to be anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Once again your world showcase pictures have transported me to a whole new world this morning. Thanks.

I love the advertisement outside of the restroom at DHS. Disney thinks of everything.

I have read, we might get snow flurries tomorrow night, I am not ready for this cold weather at all. After I retired from teaching all the excitement of snow rumors ended.
I don't want to use a snow day yet. I want a couple in January and a couple in February.

I hope I live to see retirement. I started so late, I may work until they carry me out on a stretcher, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
My friend spent nine months abroad in Morocco last year. She was there when I was in Disney in February so I'd been seeing her pictures on Facebook for six months, and it was astounding how similar her pictures were to the WS Morocco. I kept on thinking "wow, these are just like Cat's pictures."

My mom did. You're good! I really want to get one the next time we're there, I think it would be adorable on my dresser with my pictures and figurines.
It would be pretty. You could put other World Showcase items on it and dream of Epcot whenever you were at your dresser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I'm sorry to hear you feel MeMom. I hope whatever you cracked, heals quickly. Ouch.

Great update! Glad you find you all over here. I love the title!!
The bruises are fading away. I can tell a little difference in the rib, except for when I cough or sneeze. Sneezing is the worst. Good thing it's not allergy season!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: