Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #31
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

I'm here for yet another MeMom and Jill report!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 12-08-2010, 06:36 PM   #32
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Raise your hand if you are freezing!
I know I am. This will be our fourth night of teens, I think, and we live in the SOUTH! How do you northerners make it?!?!? Seriously! I do not do well in any numbers under 40. In this cold, my bones feel like ice cold metal poles inside my body, and I can feel every single one of them. I was not made for cold. Nope.

To add to my misery, since I am sharing, I am also nursing what I think could be a cracked rib. Saturday, I was taking laundry downstairs, and my right foot caught in the left leg of my pajama pants. Well, the laundry went flying and so did the MeMom. From the kitchen door three steps down to the floor I went, but before I stopped I had hit the rocking chair arm with my ribcage.

Pretty solid chair.
Broke the arm off.

My poor cat had no idea what was going on. His back was arched high, and he was on tipclaws! I laughed at him, and it hurt to laugh. I am currently several shades of black, blue, purple, yellow, and green all down my left arm, side, and leg. It hurts to cough, sneeze, laugh, and breathe in the cold. It hurts to put a shirt on, too, but I tough it out on that one. Lifting a spoon is like lifting a boat anchor. When I was fixing my hair this morning, I made the mistake of lifting too high, and a pain shot through me that made me have to sit down, because I got nauseated. So, I figure something in there is cracked. I'm kind of a mess in my old age, aren't I?

Anyway, I am sure I am quite the sight going out in the morning, cold, hobbling, and putting everything in the car one-handed.
Good thing it's dark and no one can see me.

Anyway, my poor, very busy girl, Jill, is going to try to get a whole whopping load of pictures up for me to finish out our last little bit of July, and then we're going to move on to orange and black in the midst of red and green season. I hope she can get it done before she leaves for KY, but she has to cook for a staff meeting tonight and have that staff meeting tomorrow night, then go to Kentucky Friday.

All of you lucky folks who are going to Disney World soon - for you! Send back and bring back lots of pictures!

To our 'old' pals, we are so glad to have you join us on another Disney adventure.

To our new friends, we are thrilled that you would read us and actually voluntarily join in. Please make yourself completely comfortable, because that's the way we always want it.

So glad to hear of people that are healing among our group. Also, little Caleb got to come home today. He will be doing his therapy at Vanderbilt. Bill, the motorcycle wreck victim, is showing signs of movement, albeit slowly. He is in Atlanta now, and he is still on a respirator. He has, unfortunately, had heart distress in all of this, so they are worried about that. Cherokeemomma has a friend who is going to begin cancer treatments. She's a single mom with two kids, so you know she will have many needs. We can keep all these people in our thoughts, and I am sure they will feel comfort in knowing there are those who care about their circumstances.

Jill said she apologized for the brief introduction, but it is all she had time for. She'll add more when she gets a minute to breathe. Thanks for joining us, everyone!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #33
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Yeeesh . Go to work and see what happens?

I was at home in the morning and something was nagging me to log in to the Dis but i didn't. Now I know what it was.

i will read and catch when I get home. Or maybe now.....

All caught up now from work no less.

Sorry to hear about your fall. I have done that trip too. I just broke my laundry basket though.
I hope you heal fast and if it still bothers you after a couple days, go get that X-ray.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back

Last edited by Poolrat; 12-08-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:58 PM   #34
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran

I'm here!

Sorry you had a bad fall.... I hope you feel better soon!

It's cold here too, I wish I had a castle throw blanket to keep me warm tonight.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:00 PM   #35
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Present and accounted for. Did I miss the story behind the title?

MeMom- a cracked rib??? Have you gone to a Dr? It sounds awful. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Old 12-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #36
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

Well goodness, you and Jill have just about had your share of excitement lately haven't you?! You can stop now and go back to your regular lives I hope you start to feel better quickly! I think I almost broke something getting out of bed not too long ago - isn't it crazy how you can see it happening in slow motion!! Luckily I just got a few bruises! Glad to see the new trip report getting under way! I'm not going to WDW this month (at least so far) so I'll get to live it through your report!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #37
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

All caught up again. Sounds like it was a wonderful trip.

Looking forward to hearing more and seeing.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #38
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

DH and I think it sounds like you have a broken rib. (We are not doctors though, just thoughtful friends)

We will read as much as we can until D-Day~ only 2 weeks and 3 days!!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #39
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Yeeesh . Go to work and see what happens?

I was at home in the morning and something was nagging me to log in to the Dis but i didn't. Now I know what it was.

i will read and catch when I get home. Or maybe now.....

All caught up now from work no less.

Sorry to hear about your fall. I have done that trip too. I just broke my laundry basket though.
I hope you heal fast and if it still bothers you after a couple days, go get that X-ray.
I was carrying the clothes in my arms. A basket might have cushioned the fall. Note to self - always carry the clothes in the basket. Duh!

I figure there's not much they can do to a rib. Maybe tell you to wrap your midsection up for some cushion and just let it heal. As you may know, it takes a lot for me to go and see a doctor.

Although we LOVE our doctor friends, Momof2TNboys - I promise!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
I'm here!

Sorry you had a bad fall.... I hope you feel better soon!

It's cold here too, I wish I had a castle throw blanket to keep me warm tonight.
You stay cold up there, don't you. I really don't know how you take it!

A castle throw would be nice. You can stock up on blankets when you go in the spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Present and accounted for. Did I miss the story behind the title?

MeMom- a cracked rib??? Have you gone to a Dr? It sounds awful. I hope you are feeling better soon!
It hurts like the dickens, I know that, but as long as you don't say anything funny, it'll be okay.
Yawning hurts, too. I forgot about yawning.
Or don't make me sneeze, for sure.
Sneezing is the worst!

As for the title, we didn't really have anything that stood out to us about the trip as far as a title, but while Trent and Tanya were with us, Tanya's four year old niece was with them. She kept calling Brooklynn 'Broccoli', and Brooklynn corrected her about a hundred times. She was very put out about it one time, and just said it with a lot of drama, and Jill and I both laughed. (I remember the days when I could laugh without pain. ) Anyway, Jill said at that time that we needed to remember that for the report, so we just made it the title. Maybe you can picture Brooklynn saying it when you read it.
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 12-08-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:21 PM   #40
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
Well goodness, you and Jill have just about had your share of excitement lately haven't you?! You can stop now and go back to your regular lives I hope you start to feel better quickly! I think I almost broke something getting out of bed not too long ago - isn't it crazy how you can see it happening in slow motion!! Luckily I just got a few bruises! Glad to see the new trip report getting under way! I'm not going to WDW this month (at least so far) so I'll get to live it through your report!
Yes, dull and boring is sounding very good to me.
I am about to have two weeks off.
Maybe I should just stay in the bed for the whole two weeks, just to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
All caught up again. Sounds like it was a wonderful trip.

Looking forward to hearing more and seeing.
Fall trips are fun. In 2011, I think I will not be taking a fall trip, although I sure would love to be there on October 1st for the 40th anniversary of Magic Kingdom. Maybe....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
DH and I think it sounds like you have a broken rib. (We are not doctors though, just thoughtful friends)

We will read as much as we can until D-Day~ only 2 weeks and 3 days!!
I was thinking about you earlier. Your big surprise is almost here!

I'm not a doctor either, but I have been asking myself, 'On a scale of 1 to 10, what is your pain now?' a few times in the past few days.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #41
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
As for the title, we didn't really have anything that stood out to us about the trip as far as a title, but while Trent and Tanya were with us, Tanya's four year old niece was with them. She kept calling Brooklynn 'Broccoli', and Brooklynn corrected her about a hundred times. She was very put out about it one time, and just said it with a lot of drama, and Jill and I both laughed. (I remember the days when I could laugh without pain. ) Anyway, Jill said at that time that we needed to remember that for the report, so we just made it the title. Maybe you can picture Brooklynn saying it when you read it.
That's hilarious! I really can picture Miss Brooklynn saying that! I'm about to have 2 weeks off myself and I cannot wait
Old 12-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #42
slightly_obsessed
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Raise your hand if you are freezing!
I know I am. This will be our fourth night of teens, I think, and we live in the SOUTH! How do you northerners make it?!?!? Seriously! I do not do well in any numbers under 40. In this cold, my bones feel like ice cold metal poles inside my body, and I can feel every single one of them. I was not made for cold. Nope.
Personally, I think I freeze into an icicle around November and thaw out in March. The real answer is layers, lots of layers. Which I have to wear in my house because my husband likes it cold and it's just easier to put on another layer than hear him complain about how hot he is. (In all honesty, I don't see the point in warming up the house for just me, seems like a waste of energy.

That fall sounds like it was nasty. Go to the doctor! Please.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:59 PM   #43
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Sometimes I don't know how we northerners do it, either! I don't always like it, but it's what I've lived with all my life so I think it would be strange for me to live somewhere that doesn't have cold months.

I can't even imagine the pain you are in! I hope it gets better soon!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 12-08-2010, 09:08 PM   #44
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Oh no, you poor thing. I know how you feel! Hope you feel better soon. The other day at work, we had a fire drill and there were holes in the sidewalk. I stepped in a hole and sprained my ankle. Doesn't help that I'm on the cart this week because of testing and the weird schedule.
Please pray for my grandmother. She's 101. My mom, who takes care of her, noticed something has been up with her since summer. She went to many different doctors and never got a diagnosis until yesterday. Turns out she has cancer and will be starting harsh treatment next week.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:44 PM   #45
uncw89
DIS Veteran

Memom, sorry to hear about your fall! It sounds really painful....maybe you should go to the Dr. and get checked out...just to be on the safe side.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: