Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #211
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

Location: Overland Park, KS...recently moved from Orlando area

We finally recieved our DVD's and Blu-Ray from STVS!! It was the last part of the wedding day that we hadn't yet seen.

I don't know if anybody is even interested but I am going to post some pictures of what they look like. It might be helpful to some. I had never actually seen these on any planning journals so I had no idea what to expect. Our package included a Blu-Ray and 3 DVD's. Here they are.....

I liked how he used a picture of us as the cover

The inside

It would have been cooler is he had made the cover personalized but I can't complain, lol. I liked that Randy used a image of the Cinderella Castle as his photo Disc covers.

We have only watched the Blue-Ray and the quality was excellent. No problems with skipping or anything else. He sent us links to the segments during the process so that we could give input. I asked if he would change some of the music choices and also add a few scenes (like the petal toss) that he had missed. So we had seen the parts separately and in teeny tiny format but seeing it all together in high definition and HD was amazing. It was so nice seeing the parts of the day that I had missed and hearing the music from the wedding that I can't remember at all from the day.

If any of you are debating about getting Videography. I have to say that you won't regret it! It's also a way of remembering the Disney magic that happened while you were in your "Wedding Haze" like I was, lol.
Deb loves Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:38 PM   #212
JennisSilly
Mouseketeer

Your wedding was gorgeous. DH and I frequent DLR several times year and just did Club 33 this past October- it was amazing!

I would double check on DLR allowing professional shoots. I've checked before and it was not authorized. Additionally in the 75+ times I've been to the park (trips not days) I've never seen one.

Good luck!

WDW: 2005 POFQ, 2006 OKW- Grand Villa, 2009 AKL Jambo House- 1 bedroom Villa, 2011 AKL Jambo House 1 bedroom- CANCELLED
Disneyland: To many times to count, DLH, DPP, GC, VGC- 2 bedroom villa

Our Adoption Story & Blog
A May WDW Trip- Cancelled!

JennisSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #213
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennisSilly View Post
Your wedding was gorgeous. DH and I frequent DLR several times year and just did Club 33 this past October- it was amazing!

I would double check on DLR allowing professional shoots. I've checked before and it was not authorized. Additionally in the 75+ times I've been to the park (trips not days) I've never seen one.

Good luck!
Thank you for the complement!!

We are so excited to go to Disneyland again and finally eat at Club 33! I'm glad you loved it!

From all of the photos that I have seen from many different photographers, you are allowed to have somebody take your pictures in the parks. We are not going to be in wedding attire or anything and it will be very informal. I have several prospects right now from local photographers who also love Disney and have done these types of outings. I will post on here when we come back! I wish December would hurry up and get here. Oh and good news, we were able to use our DVC points at the Grand Californian Villas for 5 nights...a 1 bedroom villa. I hope we get a good theme park view!

Good news is we are about to head down to Florida tomorrow and will be able to stay for a month. DH got permission to work from home and I will be working at Epcot. Anybody visiting the parks look for me at either Club Cool or Pin Central!
Old 06-16-2011, 11:22 PM   #214
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran

We just did our photo shoot at Disneyland in April with no problems. At one point, our photog climbed over a low fence to get a better shot of us and a cast member walked over and stopped ... I thought for sure we were gonna get scolded, but nope, she was just trying to walk by and wanted to avoid getting in the way of our shot!

Deb, don't forget to remind me when you are in Cali so we can meet up!
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:05 AM   #215
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindyjoy View Post
We just did our photo shoot at Disneyland in April with no problems. At one point, our photog climbed over a low fence to get a better shot of us and a cast member walked over and stopped ... I thought for sure we were gonna get scolded, but nope, she was just trying to walk by and wanted to avoid getting in the way of our shot!

Deb, don't forget to remind me when you are in Cali so we can meet up!
Oh yay, I was thinking of your shoot when I decided to do one myself. I have also seen tons of others on Carly's wedding blog. It's good to hear that you had no problems. Almost all of the SoCal photographers that I looked at had photos of families inside Disneyland.

We will be in California from December 3rd -8th....I can't wait. We should definitely meet up and have a mini Disbride party, lol!

In other Disneyland/Wedding related news. We finally received our replica of our paver brick that has our names, the kids names and our wedding date engraved in it. I would post a picture but the cameras are all packed for our trip to Florida. The real brick will be installed in August and we can see it in December. It's going to be near the front entrance of Disneyland on the left side.

While I'm down in Florida I'm going to try and spy on any construction going on for the supposed Grand Floridian Villa's. I'll also check the Stalport where the construction trailers are supposed to be going.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #216
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb loves Disney View Post
In other Disneyland/Wedding related news. We finally received our replica of our paver brick that has our names, the kids names and our wedding date engraved in it. I would post a picture but the cameras are all packed for our trip to Florida. The real brick will be installed in August and we can see it in December. It's going to be near the front entrance of Disneyland on the left side.
I wanted to surprise DF with a brick on our wedding, that had our names and wedding date on it, but they discontinued them in February. I'M SO MAD. You are so lucky you got one. You will have to give me the coordinates so I can take a picture for you once it's installed!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:31 AM   #217
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindyjoy View Post
I wanted to surprise DF with a brick on our wedding, that had our names and wedding date on it, but they discontinued them in February. I'M SO MAD. You are so lucky you got one. You will have to give me the coordinates so I can take a picture for you once it's installed!
OMG Mindy that would be amazing!!! Thank you if you can....here is the coordinates: C08 * 711. On the map they gave us it looks like it's near a flower bed just left of center between the flower beds and the check baggage area/ turnstile area. You are awesome!

I looked on our receipt and it shows an early February date which must have been right before they stopped selling them. I got a tip about them on the Cast Member board.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #218
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran

Okay, I'll do my best! You may have to remind me in August, lol. Looking back on it, we picked our date right before the brick cut off, so if I would have known I could have ordered one .... but I didn't even think about it until a few days ago. Ugh, so frustrating. Maybe they will replace it with something else I can personalize. *crosses fingers*
Old 06-17-2011, 05:14 PM   #219
JennisSilly
Mouseketeer

Hmm if that's the case I'd like to do one when we go in the fall. Can you recommend a photographer or two?

We have a brick from when they opened them in 2000 for the addition of DCA, we love finding our brick every time we go . Though I'm a little worried- are these new bricks or are they replacing the current bricks?

WDW: 2005 POFQ, 2006 OKW- Grand Villa, 2009 AKL Jambo House- 1 bedroom Villa, 2011 AKL Jambo House 1 bedroom- CANCELLED
Disneyland: To many times to count, DLH, DPP, GC, VGC- 2 bedroom villa

Our Adoption Story & Blog
A May WDW Trip- Cancelled!

JennisSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:00 AM   #220
tracey1302
Planning Florida 2014!

Hiya,

I've just been reading this WTR and I think it's just wonderful. I've been lurking on the board for a while, reading up on Disney weddings as my DF and I want a Disney wedding (but can't afford one yet!!) so I'm doing as much research as I can! Not to mention, I don't know how many of our friends are going to be able to make it. We're sending out our STDs soon so as to tell people officially what we're wanting to do! Even though most of them know already that we want to go to Florida.

I also had a question about CM discount? I'm a CM at Disney Store UK and I do currently get 35% discount at WDW, both in the parks and in the hotels. Do you think CM discount applies at all for the FTW? I know it won't be as much as 35% though

I absolutely adore your WP decor, it's really simple but really effective! And as I think I'll be having an Escape wedding (being a UK bride) I loved seeing the layout of the cake cutting ceremony. I also love the Napa Room for its spectacular views. I'm a bit torn between Napa and Whitehall for a reception lunch/dinner thingy, do you have any advice on this?

Thank you for sharing your memories, they have been a joy to read
tracey1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:41 AM   #221
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

Thank you for the kind works Tracey! And congratulations!!!
It's always makes me feel good that my trip report has helped somebody. I gained so much knowledge of Disney weddings from these boards that I would have never known without reading so many other trip reports and planning journals and receiving so much great advice.

I'll send you a pm about the discounts.

I loved the Napa Room for the view and picture opportunities and the food was really wonderful. If I had it to do over though I might have changed it to a venue where we could have had a longer time to enjoy everything and choose our own food. We felt pretty rushed at the Napa Room. The minimums change after a certain time of day (I think 4pm) and we needed to be out before this time and it only gave us 2 hours. This was not enough time at all, we really needed more time. It might help to have the ceremony earlier than we did which would probably give you more time in the room. We had our ceremony at noon, then went to the cake cutting then we were in the Napa room by 2. If you could have maybe a 10am ceremony, then the cake cutting, then the Napa Room it could work. Also don't forget to plan for the photo-taking. It's another area where I wished that I had more time. We should have done our first look before the ceremony and just taken pics instead of trying to fit in 20-30 mins of rushed picture taking in between the cake cutting and the reception.
I hope that helps some, please let me know if you have anymore questions! I love helping other brides.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: