Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #151
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

Location: Overland Park, KS...recently moved from Orlando area

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
I know everyone else has said it, but I loooove the catwalk pictures! Love them. Randy did such a good job!
Believe me when I say that I cannot hear it enough. Thank you for the compliments!

I was really down when I realized that we had to give up the MK photo-shoot because they were taping the Christmas parade that entire weekend . I think those shots made up for it just a bit.
Deb loves Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #152
disneemama
Mouseketeer

My son has DVC so we will be staying with him. He booked a 3 bedroom Villa at OKW. My daughters will be staying at the GF with the bridesmaids. I have 6 GS's and they need to be able to spread out and have fun. OKW is the perfect place for them. I know you didn't ask but the ceremony is at WP and reception is at St. Augustine.

And thank you for the offer to guide me on posting the pictures, I will take you up on that.

disneemama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #153
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneemama View Post
My son has DVC so we will be staying with him. He booked a 3 bedroom Villa at OKW. My daughters will be staying at the GF with the bridesmaids. I have 6 GS's and they need to be able to spread out and have fun. OKW is the perfect place for them. I know you didn't ask but the ceremony is at WP and reception is at St. Augustine.

And thank you for the offer to guide me on posting the pictures, I will take you up on that.
You are going to love OKW so much. The rooms are huge and with a 3 bedroom!!! You won't want to leave, lol. DVC is such a great thing isn't it?
Old 03-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #154
disneemama
Mouseketeer

Deb, I so agree with you about OKW, stayed there in August when we went for planning session and loved it. I don't know if I ever mention this, I just loved your bouquet, I think they are very close to what my Daughter's will look like.

disneemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #155
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneemama View Post
Deb, I so agree with you about OKW, stayed there in August when we went for planning session and loved it. I don't know if I ever mention this, I just loved your bouquet, I think they are very close to what my Daughter's will look like.
Remember to ask for a renovated room. They may all be done by now but just in case. Ours was renovated and was so fabulous.

Thank you, I really loved my flowers and I am so glad I added the Stephenotis with the hidden mickey's. They were so fun to look at.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #156
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

I have a few minor announcements, even though one of them is so major to me right now!!!!

First, I put togehter a photobook a few weeks back and it should be coming by UPS today!!! I was going to wait to post this until after it came so I could post pictures but I just couldn't wait anymore. UPS actually came yesterday and I was so excited and ran to the door but it was a delivery for someone else (delivered to wrong house). I was so sad, lol.

Next, Brian and I could not have our MK/Epcot photoshoot during our wedding because of the Christmas Parade taping going on that weekend. I have been wanting to book it ever since and realized that I better figure out the time ASAP because I wanted to make sure there was a reasonable time available before our 1 year was up. I emailed Karen from Photography and she gave me only 5 times that were available over the 2 months before our wedding . I decided right away that we should book it close to Thanksgiving because we can make it a family vacation with the kids. We chose November 19th!!!!!! Magic Kingdom first and then Epcot. I am beyond excited about this!!!! I just hope that we can get a good photographer, we requested two as our top picks just from what I have seen of their work lately. We are going to stay at AKV using our DVC points and be here for Thanksgiving. I am going to try and book Boma when our booking window opens up because they have a fabulous Thanksgiving spread.

I have a question for any of you who have had the Castle shoot. Did you get the CD??? It is coming with a photo-book, etc, but I think that I really just want the CD. What do you think?? Was the extra expense worth it?
Old 03-02-2011, 02:56 PM   #157
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

I got the photo-book

Here are a few pictures of it. It is so much bigger and better than I had hoped. Brian bought a Groupon even before the wedding for a company that does these kinds of books. We bought two Groupons and ordered this one first to see what it is like and I will be doing two other, smaller ones, for our mom's now that I love this one. It's an Imagewrap cover and I chose two pictures, one on the front and a different one on the back. It even let me choose font so I used the Waltograph of course.

Here are some pics which includes a little bit of our Dessert Party....

Before I completely unwrapped it

The front cover

Back cover

Protective page covers

A few of the pages

The center of the book I did a full page layout (this is one picture)

A sneak peek of our Dessert party (360 degree fireworks for the win!)

Front and back covers

I think it turned out fabulous. If paying full price it would have been pretty expensive but fortunately our Groupon was for 70% off! Totally worth it! I just measured the book and it's 15"x11" landscape. It is way bigger than it seems in the pictures.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #158
pixie921
DIS Veteran

Your photo book turned out beautifully! Love it!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #159
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie921 View Post
Your photo book turned out beautifully! Love it!
Thank you!!!!! I can't stop looking at it, lol.

Now I have to make 2 more for the mom's. I've been putting that off for several reasons but mostly because it takes so long!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #160
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran

Love the book! What website did you go through? In case another Groupon comes out ....
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #161
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindyjoy View Post
Love the book! What website did you go through? In case another Groupon comes out ....
Thank you!!!

Here is the website, they are called Photobook America

http://www.photobookamerica.com/

They are pricey, but the product is very good quality. I am so glad that we bought that Groupon because the price of the book would have been $115 but the Groupon was for $115 worth of product and we only spent like $30-$35 for it, great deal! We bought 2 so I am going to get 2 more, smaller sized books, but still quite large actually, for the mom's. I'm going to make them different than ours and different for each mom....lots of work ahead for me, but I think the personalization will be worth it.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:32 PM   #162
sambycat
DIS Veteran

oh good - i wanted to know what company you used - going to check it out!! we did buy the CD - anough pictures came out that i figured, i would pay, like, $30/one i liked, so that came to at least $750. sigh - so much money!!! we are still waiting on our wedding day pic CD, can't wait to start on our own photo books!!

your pictures are so great! the day was so beautiful! just so lovely!

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:48 PM   #163
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Love your book! It turned out beautiful!!!
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:36 PM   #164
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambycat View Post
oh good - i wanted to know what company you used - going to check it out!! we did buy the CD - anough pictures came out that i figured, i would pay, like, $30/one i liked, so that came to at least $750. sigh - so much money!!! we are still waiting on our wedding day pic CD, can't wait to start on our own photo books!!

your pictures are so great! the day was so beautiful! just so lovely!
Thank you for your compliments Lisa!!!! I loved your wedding too!

I'm so stressed right now about how much that MK photo-shoot is going to cost and it still doesn't even include the CD. I just hope we get one of the photographers we suggested. I asked for either Regina or Ty because I like their style.

Making the photo-books is fun but so time consuming. It took me about 11 hours total because of the picture sorting process. In the end though I'm so happy with how it turned out that I can forget about the pain, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiLyn View Post
Love your book! It turned out beautiful!!!
Thank you, thank you!!! I told DH last night that I was going to sleep holding onto it, (his face). I didn't of course!
Old 03-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #165
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

I was going to mention this yesterday but I forgot in all of my giddiness over receiving the Photo-book.

A few weeks back I saw a post in another thread, non weddings board thread, about the Disneyland Bricks being almost sold out. DH and I have been to Disneyland togehter and it holds a special place in my heart since it's really the place where I first truly fell in love with him.

We decided to order a brick and put our names, the kids names and our wedding date.

We got the initial paperwork in the mail a few days ago and it included a certificate with how the brick will look. We also ordered a replica of the brick that we can keep in our house. Here is a pic of the certificate and a close-up of the brick section.

The brick should be installed in August, hopefully in time for D23 when we are going to be there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: