Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2010, 06:35 AM   #1
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Mandymouse's Trippy Part 1 ~ Food & Wine Festival Frolics

Castmembers

Mandy & Paul

Thursday 21st October 2010

After a busy day of appointments, cleaning, packing and a few tears as we said goodbye to the girls, we left home at approximately 8.30pm for the 1 1/2 hour drive up to Manchester Airport

We'd only been on the road 10 minutes when out of nowhere Paul asked if I had printed off the agreement for our car hire We pulled over and I checked my paperwork. I had the evoucher, but not the agreement, so back home we trekked

After printing it off, we jumped back in the car, and thankfully we had an uneventful drive up the M6. We arrived at The Radisson around 10.30pm, and checked in. Our room on the 7th floor apparantly had a Maritime theme, which wasn't as nice as the lovely Italian themed room that we had in June, but we didn't really take much notice as all we had time for was a quick drink in the bar before heading to bed

Friday 22nd October '10

I was up first around 6.20am, and after a quick shower, a heart attack from the hotel's fire alarm going off and generally getting ready we left the room around 7am

Paul had already checked his Virgin app on his Iphone, so we already knew that the 10.25am flight to Orlando was now delayed till 11.45am

We had already checked in on-line the day before, so went straight to the bag drop off line and within no time we had handed over our bags and were heading up the escalator to security. All was well there, and we headed air side. First stop was breakfast at Frankie & Benny's, and it was delish. I had omelette and beans and Paul had a New England Breakfast all washed down with a cup of tea. As we were in no hurry, we stayed for another cuppa

After breakfast we wandered around all the shops, and we bought some sandwiches, crisps and drinks for our flight, as we tend to avoid Virgin's cullinary delights these days

We then chilled in one of the lounges till our gate opened

The plane started boarding around 11am and our row was called 1/2 an hour later. We boarded Hot Lips, and as the attendant handed out the bags to all the kids, a little boy made me laugh out loud when he innocently asked her if it was his parachute

The plane took off just before midday and the pilot announced that due to 'lumpy' weather out in the Atlantic, we would be flying right up to Greenland, then quite far inland over Toronto and Lake Ontario which would add even more time to our flight

Anyway, the flight was very smooth. We both watched Toy Story 3, and Paul also watched the A Team

We enjoyed a couple of drinkies, and I had my turkey & cranberry sandwiches, though Paul decided to give the Sweet & Sour chicken a go

We landed at MCO around 4pm, and were shortly off the plane, then we joined the new lining system at Immigration (one long line that weaved in and out) which moved pretty quickly

Our cases were already going around the carousel once we were through immigration, and I had spotted my pink holdall at one point, then it was gone. Thankfully I saw someone put it on their trolley and was able to ask for it back (bless him, he was very apologetic)

We carried our luggage through the airport and went to choose our mid size SUV, and we were driving out of the airport at 5pm

We arrived at the Pop Century 1/2 an hour later and we were chuffed that there was no line at check in, so within no time we were heading to our room in the 90's block with our park tickets and dining plan on our room key (# 9340)

After emptying our cases and quickly getting changed we caught the bus to Epcot as we were meeting up with Claire L for a drinky in the UK Pavillion. We grabbed a lager and Bacardi & diet coke and found her sitting by the cross and we wandered around the back where the British Invasion would soon be playing

We had a lovely chat to Claire and her friend (sorry I can't remember his name Claire ), and they stayed to watch the end of the show and we went in search of some food

We had dinner in Japan, 2 Japanese Curries, 2 cookies, a coke and a bottle of water, and it was all very nice

After dinner we stood by the Teppan Edo and watched IllumiNations so Paul could take some photos. After the fireworks had finished, we took a slow walk around taking more photos

A bus was waiting when we got back to the bus station, and before long we were in bed fast asleep, as it had been a long day

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:42 AM   #2
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Saturday 23rd October '10 ~ High 87F

We slept quite well, and I woke up around 5.45am. I got up at 6.30am and got showered and caught up with my diary

Today it was morning EMH's at Disney Hollywood Studios. Our plan was to ride RockNRollerCoaster first, but it was down all morning, so we got Fastpasses for Tower of Terror and joined the standby line too, then we got off and rode it again

We wandered around the park, got photopass photos taken and saw Lightning McQueen & Mater and Buzz & Woody and had a quick snack of a couple of fruit bowls. We used our FP for ToT and as it was getting lovely and warm we went back to the Pop Century to chill by the pool

We were starting to feel a little hungry, so we went to the Pop Foodcourt for some lunch. I had beef & brocolli, cookie & water, and Paul had cheeseburger, fries, cookie & coke, which was all very nice

After lunch we jumped back in the car and took off for the Mall at Millenia, as we only had 1 week to buy the things on the girls presents lists Today we were after a little (and I mean little) silver necklace from Tiffany's for Kerry. We found it straight away, and I made a note to buy a magnifying glass so it could be seen

We also found a top in PacSun for Kerry, but we couldn't find anything for Becky today

Once back at the room we got changed and caught the bus back to DHS for our 4.15pm ADR at Mama Melrose

As we had the dining plan, we decided to try a couple of new places for us, and Mama Melrose was one of them. As we were a little early for our ADR, we got a photo with Mr & Mrs Incredible, then we wandered to the restaurant

We ordered a Bellini and a Stella, then started with Mama's Antipasto for two. For our mains, I had Chicken Pipette and Paul had Oven Baked Chicken alla Parmigiana. We had another drink, then for dessert I had Mama's Tiramisu, which was a little disappointing as I love Tiramisu, and this was more like an ice-cream/cream/coffee concoction, and Paul had Crema Limone which he enjoyed

We really enjoyed our first visit to Mama Melrose, and I think it cost us about $60 for the starters, drinks and tip

After dinner we went to another first for us, the Tune In Lounge where we stopped off for one drink. I had a fruity martini which was far too sweet for me and Paul had another Stella

We left the park and took the Friendship Boat up to Epcot. It was really busy due to the Food & Wine Festival (I hadn't seen crowds like that since Christmas). We had a drink in the Rose & Crown, then took a slow wander through Canada towards Mexico.

On our way I met Duffy Bear, then we carried on to Italy (yay ! Rosa Regale time), then Germany for a glass of wine, we left the park as IllumiNations started via MouseGear (of course ), then caught the bus back to the Pop and enjoyed a Captain's Mai Tai at Petal's Pool bar before heading to bed

Last edited by mandymouse; 12-07-2010 at 09:17 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2010, 06:54 AM   #3
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Another TR from Mandy!

Great start and fab pics. Looking forward to more.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:38 AM   #4
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Great start Mandy

You have some lovely photos

Looking forward to reading more
Old 12-07-2010, 07:56 AM   #5
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Sunday 24th October '10 ~ High 88F

There were no morning EMH's today, so we had a bit of a lie in and got to Epcot for normal 9am opening

First stop was Test Track, where we picked up a FP and rode it too. Next we met up with the characters at the Character Connection, where we met Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald and Goofy

Next stop was The Land where we picked up FP's for Soarin' (which we didn't use) and we grabbed a couple of fruitbowls, a water and orange juice using 4 snack credits

We decided to use our TT FP next, but we got a little side tracked and wandered up to the World Showcase entrance taking photos. I bought a Duffy Bear and a sailor outfit for him then me, Paul & Duffy rode Test Track

Our feet were beginning to hurt so we drove back to the Pop Century. We had lunch at the foodcourt, I had chicken penne alfredo, and Paul had a bacon burger with fries, we both had a cookie and we got a bottle of water and coke too

We spent a relaxing hour or so by the pool, then got ready and back in the car and went to the Florida Mall and Festival Bay in search of more pressies for the girls (I haven't written down what we bought, but I have a feeling that we bought something else for Kerry, but we still couldn't find anything for Bek)

Once back from shopping, we chatted to the girls on Skype for a while then we got ready for an evening in Epcot. We caught the bus, and once at World Showcase I found my fave stand at the F&WF .. the Desserts & Champagne stand, where I had my first Rosé Imperial (Mmmmm). Paul grabbed a beer in Mexico, then we enjoyed a couple of samosa pockets in China. We had a quick drink in Germany, and a Rosa Regale & Asti in Italy before heading to our ADR at Tutto Italia

I ordered a Pomegranate Cosmopolitan and Paul had a Moretti, then I started with the Minestrone soup, and Paul had Melon with Parma Ham. For our mains, I had Petto di Pollo and Paul had Lasagne.

We ordered another drink and I finished off with a de-lic-ious Tiramisu and Paul had a lemony cheesecake. It was a really nice meal, the food was lovely, and the service was great too, and we never felt rushed either (which we have done in the past)

As we left the restauarant IllumiNations started, so we legged it out of the park, and a bus was there waiting for us

Back at the Pop we had a nightcap and then it was time for beddy byes

Old 12-07-2010, 08:26 AM   #6
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Monday 25th October '10 ~ High 89F

We were up, ready and arriving at Animal Kingdom at 8am for morning EMH's

It was really quiet, we picked up FP's for Expedition Everest and rode it twice

We then wandered over to Dinoland where we rode Triceratops Spin and then Dinosaur

We wandered around the park popping into the shops and taking photos. We had some fun photos taken with Lilo & Stitch as there was no-one else in the line. Stitch was pretending to sulk as he wanted us to take a photo of just him, and as I went to take one, Lilo stuck her hand in the way, it was cute spending some silly time with them

We used our FP on Expedition Everest (which was still very quiet) and then we called into Harambe for some fruit bowls and juice before heading to Camp Minnie~Mickey where we had some photos taken with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald

We left the park and drove to Wal-Mart to pick up some vino for the BBQ we were going to tonight at Jules & Ian's tree house villa

When we got back we had some lunch at the Pop foodcourt, then enjoyed an hour by the pool

We chatted to Bek on Skype for a while then caught the bus to DownTown Disney

I bought a couple of Christmas decorations and a cute toy for my friend.

We called in at a deserted T-Rex for a couple of drinkies (yay ! bring on the Paleo Cosmo Cottontinis !!) and some onion rings, then we wandered over to the West Side to look in the shops

After having a good look around, we caught the water taxi over to the Tree House Villas, where Ian and Jules met us at the dock then took us to their tree house

We were shortly joined by Karen (CustardTart) and Richard, and we spent a fun evening drinking, eating and a right good laugh too

Me, Paul, Karen & Richard left around 11.30pm and caught the bus back to Saratoga Springs where Karen & Richard went to ring for a taxi, and Paul & me caught another bus to DTD then to the Pop Century

We had such a great evening, and I'm sure I was asleep the moment my head hit the pillow

Old 12-07-2010, 08:47 AM   #7
Jordanblackpool
DIS Veteran

Great trip report so far....although reading it is making me want a drink or 5!!!

Past VisitsMGM Grand,Las Vegas. March 201113th Feb 2010 - Royal Crown Plaza March 2009 - Port Orleons, French Quarter,October 2007 - Port Orleons French Quarter,April 2004 - Comfort Inn,October 1999 - Port Orleons French Quarter,October 1997 -Port Orleons - French Quarter,October 1995 - Grosvenor LBV,October 1993 - Delta

Follow Me On Twitter www.twitter.com/Allsworth27
Jordanblackpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #9
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Great TR Mandy, those Illuminations photos from day 1 are excellent.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:42 AM   #10
saratogagirl
I need books, and wine and Ian in order to survive
I couldnt wipe bottoms of strangers
I am strangely refreshed this morning ... and I am off to the butchers soon

What a lovely start, I am loving all the pics.

We had a brilliant night didnt we, did we have the usual pic of Paul and Ian sharing a kiss? lol
Old 12-07-2010, 01:08 PM   #11
Goofysmate
Isn't fussed where she is, as long as it's a bit warmer than here

Great Start Mandy . Firework pic's are 1st class .
Sept 2006 Weston Hills (Villa)
Nov 2008 Regal Palms (Town House)
Goofysmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:11 PM   #12
jen_uk
Eurovision Nut !!

Fab holiday so far

My dis buddy is Carolfoy
jen_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:12 PM   #13
sandym
Dr. Who mad!!