Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
waterford
Mouseketeer

Payment options for points transfer....

I wonder could I have some advice from someone who has transferred points. I have 150 BCV points for Rent/Transfer at the moment.

On previous occassions when I have rented points I have made the booking, received payment up front and once I receive confirmation I pass on booking number and once I receive written confirmation I then post that on.

I have someone enquiring about payment options, I dont know any other and just wonder what are the payment options for points transfer.

Thank You
Old 12-06-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
skelfbsfb
DIS Veteran

I would ask for half just now and the rest once transfer has been completed.

2003:Quality Inn Plaza 2004:Howard Johnston 2005:Sheraton 2006:Port Orleans Riverside 2007:Animal Kingdom Lodge 2008:BWV & OKW 2009:BWV & Vero Beach, RPH 2010:VILLA & HRH & BWV 2011:BWV & Vero Beach & HRH 2012:Vero Beach & OKW & BWV & HRH 2013:OKW & HRH & BWV 2014:OKW & BWV Mortgage free 2015:
skelfbsfb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
waterford
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelfbsfb View Post
I would ask for half just now and the rest once transfer has been completed.
how long does the transfer take to complete. Am I letting myself open to be at a loss if things go wrong or once I transfer is there any comeback for me.

Thank You
Old 12-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #4
skelfbsfb
DIS Veteran

As soon as you phone member services and give them the other members membership number then that should be it. They should be able to see the points. I suppose it depends on DVC system, how slow it is working on that day. Hopefully someone else can clarify.

2003:Quality Inn Plaza 2004:Howard Johnston 2005:Sheraton 2006:Port Orleans Riverside 2007:Animal Kingdom Lodge 2008:BWV & OKW 2009:BWV & Vero Beach, RPH 2010:VILLA & HRH & BWV 2011:BWV & Vero Beach & HRH 2012:Vero Beach & OKW & BWV & HRH 2013:OKW & HRH & BWV 2014:OKW & BWV Mortgage free 2015:
skelfbsfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #5
tubtruck
Tubtastic

I have transferred points twice, on both occasions to someone in the USA, coincidentally both times from Rhode Island. On both occasions I asked for payment upfront both times they were happy to oblige. Once received payment via paypal I immediatly transferred the points to their account. Remember that it is not reversible and Disney will have no interest if you are not paid as you are not supposed to transfer points for cash, its in the rules so you are actually breaking them. I wouldn't be willing to do the transfer any other way.

tubtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:30 AM   #6
waterford
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubtruck View Post
I have transferred points twice, on both occasions to someone in the USA, coincidentally both times from Rhode Island. On both occasions I asked for payment upfront both times they were happy to oblige. Once received payment via paypal I immediatly transferred the points to their account. Remember that it is not reversible and Disney will have no interest if you are not paid as you are not supposed to transfer points for cash, its in the rules so you are actually breaking them. I wouldn't be willing to do the transfer any other way.
thank you for that. Dont want to be leaving myself open to fraud.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:28 AM   #7
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

I have never transferred my own points but i have received points from other dissers.

On these occassions i have always had to make full payment up front plus half of any transfer costs. Always done through paypal as this offers both the buyer and the seller a little protection. Depending on how the buyers paypal account is set up it can take up to a week for the transfer to come through. Once the other person received my money they phoned up and transferred the points to my account. I could then phone member services and confirm the points are there (they will not show online!).

Rentings a littlbit different. Most times ive paid half upfront then half once i had confirmation. The only thing to make you aware of is if you rent points to someone and they check out without paying the bill - you are responsible for paying it! I have read of a few people on the main DVC board who have had issues with this.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #8
tubtruck
Tubtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster View Post

Rentings a littlbit different. Most times ive paid half upfront then half once i had confirmation. The only thing to make you aware of is if you rent points to someone and they check out without paying the bill - you are responsible for paying it! I have read of a few people on the main DVC board who have had issues with this.
And for this reason I have stayed away from renting, I think now I am a little older and a little bit better off than when initially buying DVC I would prefer to transfer them into RCI and head off to tenerife or somewhere, basically I have no problem transfering but I don't think I could be bothered with the potential renting problems.

tubtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #9
Sue's Mum
DIS Veteran

If using PayPal for receiving money remember to ask the payer to use PayPal GIFT so you won't incur PayPal's charges.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:38 AM   #10
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue's Mum View Post
If using PayPal for receiving money remember to ask the payer to use PayPal GIFT so you won't incur PayPal's charges.
ohh i didnt know tht. May pay my dvc renter this way then we wont incurr charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster View Post
I have never transferred my own points but i have received points from other dissers.

On these occassions i have always had to make full payment up front plus half of any transfer costs. Always done through paypal as this offers both the buyer and the seller a little protection. Depending on how the buyers paypal account is set up it can take up to a week for the transfer to come through. Once the other person received my money they phoned up and transferred the points to my account. I could then phone member services and confirm the points are there (they will not show online!).
I have rented for 3 years and to be honest i wouldnt blame anyone if they asked me for all the money upfront. At the end of the day the seller will loose out and be left to foot the bill for someones selfishness. When and if we purchase this year if ever we decide to rent i will ask for references and the rest at least 6 weeks before travel. From a buyers point of view i hv heard some pretty scary things as well so both parties need to be fair as tgere are some con artists out there.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:41 AM   #11
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Whoops sorry laura dont know what i did on prev post. Tried to be clever and multiquote on my iphone Doh! Anyway mines the bit from " I hv rented points for the last 3 years........." sorry guys
Old 04-17-2011, 06:51 AM   #12
Paul Ware
Donald_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterford View Post
I wonder could I have some advice from someone who has transferred points. I have 150 BCV points for Rent/Transfer at the moment.

On previous occassions when I have rented points I have made the booking, received payment up front and once I receive confirmation I pass on booking number and once I receive written confirmation I then post that on.

I have someone enquiring about payment options, I dont know any other and just wonder what are the payment options for points transfer.

Thank You
Hi

I just wanted to know if you have any of those points that you wish to rent. I've been liasing with DVC recently but wanted to "test" the accommodation before I commit to the hugh financial cost.

The family is off to Orlando in Dec 2011 and I'm looking to rent 64 points to get us into AK on the 18th Dec - 22nd Dec.

If you could let us know (1) if you wish to rent the points and (2) for how much per point

Thanks
Paul
Paul Ware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:06 AM   #13
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

Welcome to the forums, Paul. The UK DVC board is for general discussions. All rent/trade enquiries must be posted via the main DVC forum. Please read this thread.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake TowerJanuary 2015 ~ Four Seasons Golden Oak/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: