Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #16
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Thanks Dolly! I really enjoy this kind of thing so it doesn't seem like work to me

That planner you linked to is gorgeous! I really loved how the dividers are tabbed. I've struggled with that. It sounds like she cut the tabs on a cricut or similar diecut machine. I don't have one of those. I have hand cut them, but I always worry that they don't look quite even. I wonder if there is a better way, lacking a diecutter?

I'll have to find Natalie's and Kathy's planners and see if I can't incorporate some new ideas!

So you use two different planners... hmm that gives me an idea. I don't send my planners out until a couple weeks before the trip with the travel docs. Maybe I should make something I can provide right away that they can use to keep track of info while they are planning. Maybe a trip planner, versus what I make right now, which is more of a .... I don't know? A trip organizer? I call it a planner, but really you're using it ON the trip, after everything is planned.

I'd love to see yours, if you have a picture!
Old 12-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #17
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

I thought I'd rework some of these into rectangular formats:

Off to Neverland cover, rectangular:

Classic red, black & yellow cover, rectangular:

Classic red, black & yellow cover w/ year in red dot:

Last edited by Sleepingbooty; 12-06-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Sleepingbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2010, 03:31 PM   #18
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Here is a link to mine so you can see the 8.5x11 page designs and the 4x6 page designs. For the 4x6organizer, I made my own tab divider and then I print it on red cardstock and cut it out. My book is pretty identical to hers.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/QGE14Y7T/...ner_Pages.html

I made pages like Kathy's but in excel so that I could add information to the different squares easily. There is a tab for them and pages similar to Natalie's photo pass pages in different files in my 4shared. I love getting ideas from others!

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.

Last edited by jtanddolly; 12-06-2010 at 06:43 PM.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:07 PM   #19
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Your pages are fantastic, Dolly! I'd love to include some of your ideas in my next planner - or the pre-planner idea I'm working on now. I do my pages in Publisher, although I start some of it in Excel, and then cut and paste the spreadsheets into Publisher from there. I don't have any blanks, since when I get ready to start a new one, I just open up a past client's planner, and re-save it with the new name. Then I erase all the old info and add in the new stuff - but at least all my formatting is still there. I can see how it would be helpful to have blanks so that if someone here on the Dis wants to use them, they can just print it out and pencil in their own personal info. I'll see what I can work up.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #20
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Last thing...here are links to other threads for planners just in case you needed any other ideas:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2114031 has my planning pages in it…

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2116437 cute art work for sections

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2115381 pictures of one mom’s book

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2173185 huge planning resource page

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2254306 4x6 journal

http://www.4shared.com/dir/14992186/...24/Binder.html Kellybell’s Dividers

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2180797 park planning pages 5x7

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r...nning%20Cards/

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r.../Photo%20Pass/

http://s592.photobucket.com/albums/t...ard%20Planner/

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:39 PM   #21
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Dolly, those are great! Thanks for looking up all those links, its great to have them all in one place! Lots of good ideas
Old 12-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #22
disneyluvrs4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
Here are some other styles I've done. I'd be happy to customize them if anyone is interested.

Christmas cover:

Bold color cover:

I also have section dividers in each style. Hope you like them!
I LOVE these! They are great! Could I please get one of each? The Christmas one with Our Disney Christmas and the bold one with Our Disney Vacation(maybe with Disney being the colorful one)? I will have to check out the section dividers too! Thanks.
disneyluvrs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:34 PM   #23
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

OH I feell ike I have hit the DID jackpot!! I was just perusing the new threads for today and found you guys... I am so excited!
Last time I went to Disney in 2008 I made up little books for eveyone that went with us, I put them on powerpoint and then had them printed out at Kinkos, cost me a fortune!
This time, going in May, I am looking forward to putting something together that not only will keep track of things for my husband, son and I but will also b a keepsake and put in the memory box..
A couple of problems.. My Computer is shot, we are getting a new one in December for Christmas, but I have lost all my clip art, and the new laptop we are getting is NOT going to have excel..If, I get some attachemnts from you all am I going to be able ot make these without using Excel?
I love everything that i have seen so far, especially the PLnner.. I love your idea about sending something out ahead of time.. life for example, a week or so after your clients are going to be 180 days out.. If they are pros then they will have made their reservations.. if you made your ADRs then more than likely you have a park plan.. So sending something that has EMH's on it..or the name and times and dates of ADRS ahead of time, would be AWESOME.. something already laminated that they can then incorporate into what they get right before the trip..
By the way.. Im Christine.. I will be going on my 11th trip to Disney,with my husband Doug, and our son Logan who will be 5.. We are celebrating birthdays (Logan 5 and us turning 40) and.. Me being cancer free.. So we have a lot to celebrate and I want to have lots of things to put in his memory box...
loganpaulsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:02 PM   #24
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyluvrs4 View Post
I LOVE these! They are great! Could I please get one of each? The Christmas one with Our Disney Christmas and the bold one with Our Disney Vacation(maybe with Disney being the colorful one)? I will have to check out the section dividers too! Thanks.
No problem! If you want to pm me your email attachment I will send you full size files.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #25
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganpaulsmom View Post
OH I feell ike I have hit the DID jackpot!! I was just perusing the new threads for today and found you guys... I am so excited!
Last time I went to Disney in 2008 I made up little books for eveyone that went with us, I put them on powerpoint and then had them printed out at Kinkos, cost me a fortune!
This time, going in May, I am looking forward to putting something together that not only will keep track of things for my husband, son and I but will also b a keepsake and put in the memory box..
A couple of problems.. My Computer is shot, we are getting a new one in December for Christmas, but I have lost all my clip art, and the new laptop we are getting is NOT going to have excel..If, I get some attachemnts from you all am I going to be able ot make these without using Excel?
I love everything that i have seen so far, especially the PLnner.. I love your idea about sending something out ahead of time.. life for example, a week or so after your clients are going to be 180 days out.. If they are pros then they will have made their reservations.. if you made your ADRs then more than likely you have a park plan.. So sending something that has EMH's on it..or the name and times and dates of ADRS ahead of time, would be AWESOME.. something already laminated that they can then incorporate into what they get right before the trip..
By the way.. Im Christine.. I will be going on my 11th trip to Disney,with my husband Doug, and our son Logan who will be 5.. We are celebrating birthdays (Logan 5 and us turning 40) and.. Me being cancer free.. So we have a lot to celebrate and I want to have lots of things to put in his memory box...
Hi Christine! Welcome and congratulations on being cancer free! Thanks for your ideas as well.

Most of the people I make planners for are totally NOT experts - most of them do not go on Disney message boards and have NO idea the level of planning that us crazy DISers put into our trips. Which is why I do it for them, LOL!

If I understand you correct, you are wondering how you be able to use my designs on your new computer? Personally, when I'm ready to print, I paste all my jpegs for the dividers, etc. into Publisher because I like how easy it is to control the size. But I think you could do it just as easily with Word (or possibly any word processing software. The main thing for me is to be able to paste the picture onto a document and control exactly how big it will print. If I simply open it like a picture and ask my computer to print it using the print wizard, it sort of decides on its own how to crop it, and it never turns out how I want. Additionally, I think you could probably upload the jpegs to a photo site and have them printed, as long as you'd saved them in the exact size (4x6, 5x7) that you wanted.

Maybe someone else will pipe in with more printing experience. I only know the way I do it
Old 12-09-2010, 08:14 AM   #26
dtsz
Mouseketeer

Hi Rebecca!

Just wanted to let EVERYONE know how wonderful these planners are!! I got your email last night with the section dividers, so cute!!! I cannot wait to start putting all my info together!!!

Thanks again!
Old 12-09-2010, 11:12 AM   #27
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

You are more than welcome! I'm glad you liked them. You can post a picture here of the finished product if you want to show it off
Old 12-14-2010, 05:58 AM   #28
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Hi Rebecca! I love love your planner! I made one for our trip last year (definitely not as cute) and just started working on our next trip's planner. I would love to use your pages if that's okay? Only my planner is currently a 4 x 6 (it's one of those 6 ring binder planners that I can change out easily). I saw that you made some of the covers in that size. Do you have any other portions of your planner that are in the 4x6 size?
Old 12-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #29
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Actually, I do. The first planners I made were 4 x 6. I printed the pages on cardstock and put them in a 4 x 6 photo bragbook type thing (you know, those plastic photobooks that people keep in their purse? Well, my mom does, anyway). I took the front and back covers out and made custom covers that I could slip into those sleeves as well, but at that time I wasn't making dividers for the different sections because I was limited to 36 pages total. I didn't come up with the idea of making the cute dividers until I found a different way to bind it all together. So I do have 4 x 6 pages, but not dividers. I can work on dividers, but it will take me a about a week as I'm currently in the middle of working on a planners for a clients who're traveling in January. Let me know what you are looking for and I'll work on it
Old 12-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #30
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
Actually, I do. The first planners I made were 4 x 6. I printed the pages on cardstock and put them in a 4 x 6 photo bragbook type thing (you know, those plastic photobooks that people keep in their purse? Well, my mom does, anyway). I took the front and back covers out and made custom covers that I could slip into those sleeves as well, but at that time I wasn't making dividers for the different sections because I was limited to 36 pages total. I didn't come up with the idea of making the cute dividers until I found a different way to bind it all together. So I do have 4 x 6 pages, but not dividers. I can work on dividers, but it will take me a about a week as I'm currently in the middle of working on a planners for a clients who're traveling in January. Let me know what you are looking for and I'll work on it
That's funny, I made one of those "photo brag book planners" myself for one of our first trips! I also felt limited by how many pages I could fill in, hence the new planner I have been using. I'll PM you with some more info (name and email). Thanks so much!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: