Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
blugill13
Mouseketeer

coloring pages autograph book

my brilliant idea of the day is to make an autograph book with black and white pictures so that my kids can color them in before we go and then get it spiral bound.

I did this in 2006 but can't find the templates I used and used A4 paper and had it spiral bound.

Just thought I'd see if anyone else has done this before I start googling disney coloring pages and printing them off.

Any tips too make the pages smaller? I'd like them to be smaller this time around and i am computer challenged.
2006 - caribbean beach resort
2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2008 - Boardwalk Inn

blugill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
sewchic82
Earning My Ears

This is an excellent idea!!! I have been trying to plan our vacation and i have a 3 and 5 year old this will be great to keep them busy as we wait to meet the characters/princess's to get autographs. Thanks
Old 03-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
kangaroodle
DVC Member

I would Google "Disney Coloring Pages". It's a great place to start and there are thousands of pictures to choose from. Don't forget to just try Googling a particular character, ie, "Tinkerbell Coloring Page" rather than the general "Disney Coloring Pages". I would look for very simple, basic character pictures without a lot of background. They will look better and easier for kids to color,

I think you can reduce the size of the pictures in 2 ways....

1) Print out the picture you want. Then, if you have a printer that is also a copier, copy the picture but reduce the size to you liking. You will probably need to play with this a few times to get a size you want. Most copiers can do custom sizes, so you can shrink it by 50%, 75%, etc.

2) You can also copy and paste the picture onto a word document and resize it there before you print it.

Either way is very easy to do even if you are computer challenged. You can always take it to Office Max and have them do it but it will be more expensive. (By the way, if you can post on a Disney forum, you are not that computer challenged!)

I would print the pictures on cardstock since it is heavier than computer paper (you can buy it at Target, Michael's, JoAnne, Hobby Lobby etc. I would then take it to Office Max, Staples etc and have them bind it for you.

I think this is an awesome idea! I wish my kids were still young enough for autograph books because I would steal your idea! I used to make them books like this for the airplane rides. They always had Disney pictures and puzzles that I found on the internet. It's amazing how much is out there!

Just visited March 25-29th.....CRAZY week!

Mark Kathy Kelly Jeff Boomer
kangaroodle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: