Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #121
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you guys had a fun breakfast! It's so hard for me to convince DBF to go to any character meals-- I think I might show him this so he can see there are guys around his age who love the princesses!

September 2013: PTR, TR, Dining Report
August 2011: PTR, TR, Dining Report
Old 01-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #122
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

quote: " Thanks so much for joining in! How exciting that you have a trip coming up so soon!

I've read about people transferring their photos each night, but I never thought it would be necessary - I could just do that once I got home. Never again! I will definitely be more cautious this time around. And you're right, there are so many tips to be learned here!

Hey we're back!!! We had a great time! I will have to start my own TR soon!
In the meantime, I'm still enjoying your photos!!
We had a great time and rode everything we wanted!! We were up early every morning!

Debbie
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #123
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Love all the pics of empty Epcot. I actually laughed that nobody is in the pics until you get to the huge crowd in front of Akershus! Really pretty pic of you with the Mickey and Minnie. Aisling want to go to Akershus again this trip. I'm hoping that we get Ariel this time (last time we had Mary Poppins and Mulan).
Old 01-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #124
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Sounds like you guys had a fun breakfast! It's so hard for me to convince DBF to go to any character meals-- I think I might show him this so he can see there are guys around his age who love the princesses!
You definitely should! As you can probably tell, Miguel loves the breakfast at Akershus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpleblanket View Post
quote: " Thanks so much for joining in! How exciting that you have a trip coming up so soon!

I've read about people transferring their photos each night, but I never thought it would be necessary - I could just do that once I got home. Never again! I will definitely be more cautious this time around. And you're right, there are so many tips to be learned here!

Hey we're back!!! We had a great time! I will have to start my own TR soon!
In the meantime, I'm still enjoying your photos!!
We had a great time and rode everything we wanted!! We were up early every morning!

Debbie
I'm so glad to hear you had a great time! Let me know when you start your TR - I would love to follow along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Love all the pics of empty Epcot. I actually laughed that nobody is in the pics until you get to the huge crowd in front of Akershus! Really pretty pic of you with the Mickey and Minnie. Aisling want to go to Akershus again this trip. I'm hoping that we get Ariel this time (last time we had Mary Poppins and Mulan).
Thanks! Yeah, I was wondering where all the people were. Clearly they were all in line for breakfast! Each time we've went to Akershus we've seen Aurora, Cinderella, Snow White and Ariel. They must be the typical bunch right now.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #125
Belle1107
Earning My Ears

Your TR is the first that I have read and I am really enjoying it. I have been to WDW so many times and never thought to do one. But you just got me hooked. Im headed down in three weeks and am going to try doing my own TR. Love it! Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!
1992-Wilderness Lodge1995-Offsite2000-OffsiteJuly 2004- Pop CenturyNovember 2009- Saratoga Springs (Our Honeymoon)January 2010-BoardwalkAugust 2010- Saratoga SpringsSeptember 2010- Animal Kingdom Lodge -Jambo HouseFebruary 2011- Old Key West and All Star Movies June 2011- Bay Lake Tower(Planned)

Old 01-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #126
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle1107 View Post
Your TR is the first that I have read and I am really enjoying it. I have been to WDW so many times and never thought to do one. But you just got me hooked. Im headed down in three weeks and am going to try doing my own TR. Love it! Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!
Thank you so much for joining in! It is so much fun to do these reports. I hope you decide to do one for your upcoming trip! Let me know - I'll definitely follow along!
Old 01-23-2011, 06:20 PM   #127
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

Breakfast looks so good! I think I may have to do that on our next trip. Besides, I doubt DBF will be upset about eating with the princesses

May 2012...POFQ May 2010...Poly Dec 2008...CSR May 2007...CSR July 2001...Off-site July 1997...CBR July 1995...ASSp
Old 01-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #128
redlight
DIS Veteran

I loved this series of pictures. Ariel and you do have similar (and beautiful) hair. I keep contemplating going red. Your breakfast looked delicious.

Amy
Old 01-23-2011, 09:22 PM   #129
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

so, i have been contemplating which 6 TS or character meals to go to while in Disney in Sept..... and I have never been to Akershus (my aunt has and said it was good) but other oppintions are always welcome.... and you both seem to enjoy it well... is it worth it? I love the princesses, and belle is my favorite, so if we went I would want to make sure we saw Belle..... is she there all the time?
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV

Old 01-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #130
pjennings
Mouseketeer

I am looking forward to hearing what you thought of La Hacendia, we are eating there in May.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:40 AM   #131
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
Breakfast looks so good! I think I may have to do that on our next trip. Besides, I doubt DBF will be upset about eating with the princesses
The Akershus breakfast is one of the best, in my opinion! I certainly don't have to twist Miguel's arm to go there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlight View Post
I loved this series of pictures. Ariel and you do have similar (and beautiful) hair. I keep contemplating going red. Your breakfast looked delicious.
Thank you! The breakfast was so good. Those potatoes are what suck me in - I've to to figure out how to make them at home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
so, i have been contemplating which 6 TS or character meals to go to while in Disney in Sept..... and I have never been to Akershus (my aunt has and said it was good) but other oppintions are always welcome.... and you both seem to enjoy it well... is it worth it? I love the princesses, and belle is my favorite, so if we went I would want to make sure we saw Belle..... is she there all the time?
It is absolutely worth it! In my opinion, it is the best character breakfast. The food is always wonderful, the CM's who work at the restaurant are some of the nicest in Disney, and it is organized! I think the organization is really the key. It is just so much less hectic than some of the other meals. And yes, Belle is always there! She is at the front and you get your picture taken with her before you are seated. The picture package is included in the price of the meal, too. I believe you get one 8x10 and two 4x6 pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjennings View Post
I am looking forward to hearing what you thought of La Hacendia, we are eating there in May.
I am so jealous! La Hacienda got two big thumbs up from us!
Old 01-29-2011, 11:10 PM   #132
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

DAY 3 Ė PT.2

I left off with us finishing up another wonderful breakfast at Akershus and Miguel and I preparing to have some fun in Future World. As soon as we left the restauraunt though, I remembered that I had forgotten my TiW discount! I was so mad at myself. Our bill was over $90 so we could have saved a pretty penny had I remembered! I promptly set myself an alarm to go off during our meal at ĎOhana that evening and told Miguel he better not dare left me forget!

After realizing my mistake, I sent Miguel off to The Land for Soariní fastpasses while I walked over to Test Track. This is always how we start off our Epcot mornings Ė itís a pretty good strategy if I do say so myself!

This morning though, it was taking Miguel a long time to make it over to TT. I waited for what seemed like forever, and watched the wait time slowly increase to 30 minutes! Finally Miguel appeared and we hurried in line!

Thankfully, the wait wasnít truly 30 minutes. I would guess it was about 15, so not too bad. We of course had a great time of this one Ė itís a definite favorite of ours!

Next, we walked over to Mission:Space. This is one that Miguel loves. We normally do a ride of the green side together, and then he goes back in for the orange side (which I will NOT do). This time, though, he opted just for one ride on the green side.

After our flight to Mars, we browsed the gift shop for a minute.

I was hoping to grab TT FPís for later in the day before we headed over to The Land for Soariní and Living with the Land, but we still had about 45 minutes before our window opened up. I remembered the Ellenís Energy Adventure was a 45 minute show, and since we had never seen it before, I suggested we try it out to pass the time.

We waited for maybe five minutes in the pre-show area before being let into the theatre. It was nice to get off of our feet for a while!

We actually really enjoyed this! Itís a little outdated for sure, but we always find it fun to experience something new. We enjoyed the moving aspect and the show really didnít seem that long at all.

Will we do it again? Probably not Ė I think itís one of those, see it once, donít need to see it again things, but we were glad to see it once.

And, we were glad it was time for more Fastpasses!

Finally, it was time to head to The Land!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:28 AM   #133
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great update!

I always have to start my Epcot mornings with Soarin FP's too, but usually we will just get in the stand by line and ride it right after we get our FP's, if it's early enough in the morning, the line is short enough! I can't get enough Soarin!

LOL you guys are just like Brandon and I with Mission Space now! Except I'm not sure if I can go on the orange side alone, I might be too nervous!

I always want to do Ellen's Energy Adventure, but I never want to commit 45 minutes to it, so we end up skipping it! Someday I hope we will have time to fit it in! I have a feeling I will have the same reaction as you, glad to see it once, but don't really have to do it again!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 01-30-2011, 10:34 AM   #134
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

You started your Epcot morning the same way that I start mine too! It's such a good way to get a bunch of things done early.

I like Universe of Energy when I need to relax for a while. It's a great way to escape heat/cold, etc.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:17 PM   #135
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Great update. Was Akershus really $90 for two for breakfast?? We always use the DDP, so I'm blind to prices, but that seems excessive, even by Disney standards!!
Universe of Energy is great! Different and a nice break off your feet! I personally love the pre-show-- still laugh every time.

September 2013: PTR, TR, Dining Report
August 2011: PTR, TR, Dining Report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: