Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2010, 09:52 PM   #91
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

im thinking about it lol
I would probably be more active on it then my delayed TR I'm still working on. I should just sit down a day i'm off and put the rest of the days up, but with DS time doesn't always come available hehe
I pry wouldn't start till 6 months in i think.... idk yet. I will let you know if i do though
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Old 12-31-2010, 07:34 PM   #92
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
im thinking about it lol
I would probably be more active on it then my delayed TR I'm still working on. I should just sit down a day i'm off and put the rest of the days up, but with DS time doesn't always come available hehe
I pry wouldn't start till 6 months in i think.... idk yet. I will let you know if i do though
Yay! I hope you do!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2010, 08:15 PM   #93
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

DAY 2 Ė Pt. 5

After a quick bus ride, we were back at the MK! We had no plans for this evening, which I was actually kind of excited about. Normally, I really dislike not having dinner plans. Iím ok with CS lunches, but I really prefer a TS dinner. Since I knew we would be having such a big lunch at CP that afternoon, I planned for us to just play it by ear for dinner. So with no plans other than the MSEP and Wishes, we were free to do what ever we wanted!

We hung around at the front of the park for a while just taking pictures, until I heard a very familiar voice. Finally, I realized it was the Fairy Godmother! It was the castle lighting ceremony!

I had so hoped to see this since we missed it in January, but I honestly didnít think we would make it back to the park in time so I didnít stress on us seeing it. It kind of slipped my mind to be honest. As soon as I heard the voices though, I practically ran down Main Street, hoping the castle wasnít fully lit. Miguel, who was a little confused, tagged along!

I was so excited when we waded through the people to find that the castle did not have its lights yet! We had made it in time!

We got as close as we possibly could, and then slowly, the lights appeared!

It was so magical and Iím so glad we got to see it!

Sine we were so close to the castle, we stopped for some pics with the PP photographer. Unfortunately, it was very crowded, so the shots didnít turn out that great.

These turned out a little better, though!

Up next, we had one thing on our mind Ė more Splash Mountain! Thatís right Ė I loved it so much during the day that I wanted to ride it again Ė at night, when there was a chill in the air!

We walked right on and had a wonderful ride. This time though, we got soaked!

By this point we were getting a little hungry so I suggested Pecos Billís since we were close by. This was a place we enjoyed back in January and I certainly didnít mind eating there again!

I had a cheeseburger, and Miguel chose the BBQ. Both were very tasty! Typical CS stuff, but they really hit the spot, plus, we love the fixinsí bar!

After a yummy meal, I was feeling a little adventurous. It was time to experience something newÖ
Old 12-31-2010, 09:47 PM   #94
lnk1229
Romance at Disney...

love the pictures!!
Old 12-31-2010, 11:02 PM   #95
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear more.
HHI 2014

ME/DH/DS19/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 18 years
Old 01-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #96
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures! I have yet to see the castle lighting ceremony with the Fairy Godmother, we always miss it! I'm sure it's beautiful! The crowds don't look too bad that night, for being right after Thanksgiving!

Haha, love the pics with the statues!

You're brave for going to Splash at night when it was cool out...I wanted to when we were there, but I wasn't chancing getting soaked!

Can't wait to see what you did next!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 01-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #97
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Great update! Glad you made the lighting ceremony-- it looks just beautiful! Definitely a goal of ours to visit during the holidays and see it.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:21 PM   #98
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnk1229 View Post
love the pictures!!
Thank you! I see you have a trip coming up soon - I hope it's magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
Can't wait to hear more.
Coming soon! Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Love the pictures! I have yet to see the castle lighting ceremony with the Fairy Godmother, we always miss it! I'm sure it's beautiful! The crowds don't look too bad that night, for being right after Thanksgiving!

Haha, love the pics with the statues!

You're brave for going to Splash at night when it was cool out...I wanted to when we were there, but I wasn't chancing getting soaked!

Can't wait to see what you did next!
I was really surprised we made it - I wasn't expecting to at all. I would like to see it all the way from the beginning, though.

The crowds definitely weren't as bad as we were expecting. We did very well while we were there managing them.

Splash at night might not have been the best idea, especially since we got soaked and it was starting to get cold! But I just had to ride again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Great update! Glad you made the lighting ceremony-- it looks just beautiful! Definitely a goal of ours to visit during the holidays and see it.
Thank you! I was so glad to get to see the lighting ceremony. I just wished we had been able to see it from the very beginning.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:06 AM   #99
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Great update! I'm so excited that you are a Splash convert!!! Also, happy to hear you made it in time for the lighting ceremony!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #100
2kids2luv
Mouseketeer

Yeah...for trying and loving SM! Can't believe you did it again on a chilly night. How lucky making it to the lighting ceremony too. Staying tuned too see what the next "first" is.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #101
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Great update! I'm so excited that you are a Splash convert!!! Also, happy to hear you made it in time for the lighting ceremony!
I can't believe I put it off for so long! Splash was so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kids2luv View Post
Yeah...for trying and loving SM! Can't believe you did it again on a chilly night. How lucky making it to the lighting ceremony too. Staying tuned too see what the next "first" is.
I was feeling adventurous!
Old 01-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #102
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Yeah for SM!!!! You should now remember that the big drop comes after they say "Briar Patch, What Briar Patch?"

That pic of you and Minnie is sooooo cute!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:52 PM   #103
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Yeah for SM!!!! You should now remember that the big drop comes after they say "Briar Patch, What Briar Patch?"

That pic of you and Minnie is sooooo cute!!!
I will remember that in the future! I like to know before I fall.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #104
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

DAY 2 Ė Pt. 6

After our meal at Pecos Billís I decided I wanted to try something new, something that neither Miguel nor I had ever doneÖ

The Jungle Cruise! Can you believe Iíve never been on this?
I

We werenít really sure what to expect, but let me tell you Ė we loved it! I laughed the whole way, I thought it was so hysterical! You canít see to well at night, so weíll definitely be experiencing this one during the day on the disneymoon!

After our hilarious ride through the jungle, we walked the street of Adventureland, where we decided to take a spin on Aladainís Magic Carpets.

Ugh, this made me kind of queasy. I made the mistake of showing Miguel how you can adjust the highth of the carpetÖthis was worse than Space Mountain!

And speaking of Space Mountain, it was finally time to use those FPís that we had secured that afternoon. We had one time for one more ride before the parade and we knew that had to be it.

Itís a good thing we had FPís, because the wait was 70 minutes long! I donít think thereís any way I could have waited that long. Thereís something about that queue that makes me really claustrophobic Ė it just seems so small!

As we made our way back out into Tomorrowland, there was some sort of dance party going on. It was so entertaining watching some man dance to Justin Bieber, and then the chicken dance!

We moved on to find a place for the parade, but found that hub was way to crowded! I heard a CM say that there was still room in Frontierland, so I grabbed Miguel and off we went!

We ended up stopping in Liberty Square, since that was the first place we came along that seemed like a decent enough spot.

I went to grab some drinks while Miguel held down the fort. And then, the music startedÖ
Old 01-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #105
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

I haven't been on Jungle Cruise either! The line is always too long But I'll definitely add that to the to-do list!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: