Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2010, 01:58 PM   #76
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

lovely updates! .. so sorry to hear about your camera - I've added 'old camera' to my packing list for honeymoon now, just in case anything like that were to happen to us!

Emma x
Old 12-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #77
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

Just found your trip report today!
We leave for Disney on Dec. 26th and are staying at POP.
I will be sure to bring extra memory card. My DH will also have his camera so we'll be sure to do lots of doubles!!! and DD is bringing her laptop so I'll put the photos on there each night. I love how many tips I have learned through the DIS BOARDS!

Looking foward to hearing more about your trip!

Debbie
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2010, 10:31 PM   #78
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I love Crystal Palace! We usually go for breakfast, but I'd like to try it for lunch or dinner, everything you had looks really good! I can't believe the line for the buffet was so long!

I always feel kind of bad for people that don't know you need an ADR for most restaurants in Disney, but then again, it's in all the guidebooks!
We love CP, too! It's definitely a favorite. We normally do lunch, but I'm excited to try breakfast on the disneymoon!

I'm kind of shocked that people don't plan like we all do! Seriously though, people have to know about making ADR's, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlight View Post
The food looks delicious. I would have chosen your plate over Miguel's.
It was all very good! We had quite the combination of food, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Did you try reformatting the card? You can do that right on your camera. You still can't get your pics back but you might be able to reuse it later.
I have not tried that, but I will definitely look into it now! Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Too bad that you didn't get to see more characters at CP!

I can't wait to see if you ended up conquering the mountain!!!
I hated to miss Pooh and Eeyore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I haven't been to Crystal Palace in years. It's on my list now!
You must go back! It's always a fun and tasty meal.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:37 PM   #79
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
That's sad you didn't get to see pooh or eeyore (my favorites too!) But it'll be something to look forward to on your disneymoon

I've NEVER ridden Splash Mountain! I am not a fan of water rides, and so haven't ridden it. I'm excited to hear about your reaction to riding it!
It was pretty disappointing not getting to see our two favorites, but you're right, we'll be back soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
What a fun lunch! Sorry you didn't get to see your favorites, but at least you get to see them in a few short months!
Exactly! It was lots of fun. CP has never disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
Yay! I love CP! We are trying it for breakfast for the first time on our trip and I am really excited! Sorry you didn't get to see Pooh or Eeyore, though. I just love all of the Winnie the Pooh characters so much. Eeyore is my favorite, but they are all wonderful!
I can't wait to hear about your breakfast! I'm planning on one for the disneymoon and I can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
lovely updates! .. so sorry to hear about your camera - I've added 'old camera' to my packing list for honeymoon now, just in case anything like that were to happen to us!

Emma x
I think I'll be bringing two cameras from now on, too! And extra memory cards, and my laptop to transfer all the pictures every night. I never want to experience that again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpleblanket View Post
Just found your trip report today!
We leave for Disney on Dec. 26th and are staying at POP.
I will be sure to bring extra memory card. My DH will also have his camera so we'll be sure to do lots of doubles!!! and DD is bringing her laptop so I'll put the photos on there each night. I love how many tips I have learned through the DIS BOARDS!

Looking foward to hearing more about your trip!

Debbie
Thanks so much for joining in! How exciting that you have a trip coming up so soon!

I've read about people transferring their photos each night, but I never thought it would be necessary - I could just do that once I got home. Never again! I will definitely be more cautious this time around. And you're right, there are so many tips to be learned here!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:07 AM   #80
2kids2luv
Mouseketeer

So sorry about your camera card. I can't believe they couldn't retrieve your old pictures. That is one of my fears on vacation. I like the idea of bringing my old camera. Then your battery goes low too. That actually happened to me during the MVMCP parade the battery just died. Luckily I was able use my phone.

The food looks good at CP. Great pics with Tigger and Piglet. At least you can see your favorites soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
How neat you were there the same time we were! Where did you all stay?
We stayed at the AKL for the first time, just a pool view, and loved it.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:02 AM   #81
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kids2luv View Post
So sorry about your camera card. I can't believe they couldn't retrieve your old pictures. That is one of my fears on vacation. I like the idea of bringing my old camera. Then your battery goes low too. That actually happened to me during the MVMCP parade the battery just died. Luckily I was able use my phone.

The food looks good at CP. Great pics with Tigger and Piglet. At least you can see your favorites soon.

We stayed at the AKL for the first time, just a pool view, and loved it.
It's hard to believe the little card just died like that. I have no idea why it happened!

We stayed at AKL on our previous trip and really enjoyed it.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #82
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

DAY 2 – Pt. 4

On the walk from Crystal Palace to Frontierland, I had a bit of a bounce in my step. I was actually really excited to ride Splash Mountain for the first time!

We handed over our Fast Passes from earlier and quickly made our way through the queue. Since we were FPing this one, I didn’t get a chance to really take in the new sights, but I loved everything I saw in the SM waiting area.

Eventually, it was time to board our log. By this time, I was starting to get nervous! The ride seemed so peaceful, but everytime we would go up an incline I asked Miguel if we were at the big drop. Of course he said yes everytime! Soon enough, we were at the big drop! I braced myself and…I loved it! It was just enough of a drop for a thrill, but not too big that it traumatized me. Here’s the ride photo!

Surprisingly, we didn’t get very wet, which was nice because it wasn’t that warm out. We thought about taking another ride on BTMRR, but Frontierland was getting pretty crowded!

By this point, we were ready for a break and decided to head back to the hotel. We both wanted to get out of our semi-wet clothes and I was dying to charge my camera!

On the way out of the park, we stopped for some photos…

And to admire some more of the sights on Main Street

On our way out we noticed the monorail was up and running again, so we chose that method as our way back to the TTC.

I love getting to see the GF and the Poly up close on the monorail!

When we returned to POR, we mostly rested for a few hours before we decided to head back out to the park. We gave my camera some time to charge and I (unfortunately) worked on some homework, and then we decided to venture out.

Normally, I love driving to the parks, but this particular night I got the urge to take the bus. We made our way to the depot where we waited for probably about 20 minutes before boarding a bus to the MK. We would later find out that this was a very good decision…
Old 12-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #83
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Great update. The ride on Splash Mountain looked like fun.

Boo to having to do homework at the hotel. I've been in that position before, and it's not fun.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:53 PM   #84
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

Yay! Glad you enjoyed Splash. Like I mentioned earlier, that is one of my favorites!

I hope you and Miguel had a wonderful Christmas

May 2012...POFQ May 2010...Poly Dec 2008...CSR May 2007...CSR July 2001...Off-site July 1997...CBR July 1995...ASSp
Old 12-26-2010, 01:23 PM   #85
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Splash is great-- glad you liked it!! Ooo, what a cliffhanger-- can't wait to hear why taking the bus was a smart idea. Hope you had a nice holiday!

September 2013: PTR, TR, Dining Report
August 2011: PTR, TR, Dining Report
Old 12-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #86
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Great update. The ride on Splash Mountain looked like fun.

Boo to having to do homework at the hotel. I've been in that position before, and it's not fun.
Thanks! I really enjoyed Splash Mountain - much more than I thought I would!

Yeah, I wasn't too excited about the homework. Unfortunately I had an essay final to finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
Yay! Glad you enjoyed Splash. Like I mentioned earlier, that is one of my favorites!

I hope you and Miguel had a wonderful Christmas
It's a favorite of mine now, too! We had a wonderful Christmas! Thanks so much for asking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Splash is great-- glad you liked it!! Ooo, what a cliffhanger-- can't wait to hear why taking the bus was a smart idea. Hope you had a nice holiday!
I loved it! I can't believe I waited so long to experience it!

We had a wonderful Christmas! I hope you did, too!
Old 12-27-2010, 08:26 AM   #87
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you finally got to ride Spash! It's so much fun! Although, now that I know it's impossible to ride anymore without getting wet, I'm always going to ride it last so I know I'll be leaving soon so I can go get changed!

I love the windows on Main Street, so cute! I love looking at the Poly and GF from the monorail too, makes me want to stay at those resorts someday! Especially the Poly!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 12-27-2010, 08:43 AM   #88
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

your ride on Splash Mountain makes me want to brave it next time we go.... which, to my surprise on Christmas, is going to be in September 2011 YAY!!!! DH surprised me and our son with going again- this time with his dad, sister, and possibly brother!!! SO EXCITED!!!!

Can't wait to hear more about your night and trip on the bus to MK and why it was a good idea to take the bus!

Hope you and Miguel had a Merry Christmas too
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV

Old 12-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #89
lilpapsgirl
Mouseketeer

Just stopping by to say that i hope you and Miguel had a very Merry christmas and that I hope you have a good new Year!!
Old 12-29-2010, 05:25 PM   #90
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm glad you finally got to ride Spash! It's so much fun! Although, now that I know it's impossible to ride anymore without getting wet, I'm always going to ride it last so I know I'll be leaving soon so I can go get changed!

I love the windows on Main Street, so cute! I love looking at the Poly and GF from the monorail too, makes me want to stay at those resorts someday! Especially the Poly!
I loved Splash! I can't believe I've never ridden it - it was such a fun ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
your ride on Splash Mountain makes me want to brave it next time we go.... which, to my surprise on Christmas, is going to be in September 2011 YAY!!!! DH surprised me and our son with going again- this time with his dad, sister, and possibly brother!!! SO EXCITED!!!!

Can't wait to hear more about your night and trip on the bus to MK and why it was a good idea to take the bus!

Hope you and Miguel had a Merry Christmas too
You should try it! It was a lot of fun!

I'm so excited for you!!! What a wonderful Christmas present! I hope you'll do a PTR for your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpapsgirl View Post
Just stopping by to say that i hope you and Miguel had a very Merry christmas and that I hope you have a good new Year!!
We had a wonderful Christmas - thanks so much for asking!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: