Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #61
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I'm joining!

That's horrible about the memory card. The biggest thing is always the picture, it has nothing to do with the card itself.

You were there the same time my mom and I were.
Thanks so much for joining in! I wonder if our paths ever crossed? Where were you and your mom staying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrella View Post
yikes!! i would have definitely been in tears if that happened to me!

cant wait ti hear more!!!
I was on the verge of tears for sure!
Old 12-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #62
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Thanks so much for joining in! I wonder if our paths ever crossed? Where were you and your mom staying?
We were staying at POP. We were there from 11/24-11/28. I always wonder if I crossed path with people that were there the same time I was....

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2010, 10:18 PM   #63
redlight
DIS Veteran

Joining in, a little late to the thread, but better late than never. I read about your camera. That sucks so much.

Amy
Old 12-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #64
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We were staying at POP. We were there from 11/24-11/28. I always wonder if I crossed path with people that were there the same time I was....
I always wonder that too! Did you like Pop? We considered it for this trip but ended up going with POR. It seems like everyone really loves Pop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlight View Post
Joining in, a little late to the thread, but better late than never. I read about your camera. That sucks so much.
We're just getting started! Finding out my memory card was dead definitely wasn't the way I had planned on starting my trip. Better then than at the end, though!
Old 12-12-2010, 11:16 PM   #65
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I always wonder that too! Did you like Pop? We considered it for this trip but ended up going with POR. It seems like everyone really loves Pop.
We did like POP very much. Normally we stay at DVC, since we're members, but not this time. I was very pleased with it, and we had a great time.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 12-17-2010, 09:00 PM   #66
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We did like POP very much. Normally we stay at DVC, since we're members, but not this time. I was very pleased with it, and we had a great time.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:09 PM   #67
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

DAY 2 - Pt. 3

After our last-minute ride on Space Mountain, we zoomed out of Tomorrowland in hopes of making it to our 12:00 ADR at CP. The hub was packed so that slowed us down a bit, but thankfully we made it to CP at exactly 12:00!

I got us checked and we sat waiting for our buzzer to go off. In the meantime, I saw so many families trying to walk up to the restaurant without an ADR. They were shocked that they needed a reservation to eat!

Soon enough, it was our time to eat. Crystal Palace was packed that day! The line for the buffet was almost out the door! We were led to our table and introduced to our waitress Kathy, who was very sweet. We’ve found that the service at buffets isn’t always that great, but Kathy was wonderful. Before we went to get out food, we were visited by Piglet!

Next up was Tigger. I was looking away when he approached our table and when I turned my head around he had his nose in my face! I shrieked because it startled me and then started laughing! It was a great moment.

Pooh and Eeyore were still pretty far away so we decided to head up to the buffet. We always find that CP has a great variety – so much so that this is what we brought back to our table!

Since the buffet line was so long, we figured why risk needing to go back! So that middle plate was our together plate. Here's a better view of what I had:

And here's Miguel's:

As you can probably tell, we were hungry! We had things like roast beef, salmon, mashed potatoes, pasta, mediterreanean chicken and tons of salads. Everything was very tasty!

Oh, and I apologize for the poor quality photos. Believe it or not, after my camera tragedy, I got the message during our lunch that the battery was dying! I decided to preserve the battery, and I used my phone for our food photos.

Next up was dessert. Miguel skipped out on this because he’s not a big sweets eater. I, on the other hand, got this - chocolate triffle, a bread pudding of some sort, a mini pecan pie bar, and a mini cheesecake bar. Again, it was all very good!

By this point we were done with our food and had been at the restaurant for an hour and we still had not seen Pooh or Eeyore! Pooh was on the other side of the room, but Eeyore looked to be approaching us. As we were paying, Eeyore left! Kathy told us he was only going for a water break and would be back shortly, but we chose not to wait. Since we only had one day at MK, we wanted to use our time wisely.

So unfortunately we didn’t see Pooh or Eeyore, our two favorites of the gang. We’ll be back to CP on the disneymoon, though!

Before heading back to Frontierland for Splash, we decided to grab another set of SM FP’s for that evening. Finally, it was time to see if I would brave the only mountain I hadn’t conquered!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:38 PM   #68
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I love Crystal Palace! We usually go for breakfast, but I'd like to try it for lunch or dinner, everything you had looks really good! I can't believe the line for the buffet was so long!

I always feel kind of bad for people that don't know you need an ADR for most restaurants in Disney, but then again, it's in all the guidebooks!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 12-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #69
redlight
DIS Veteran

The food looks delicious. I would have chosen your plate over Miguel's.

Amy
Old 12-17-2010, 10:26 PM   #70
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DAY 2 - Pt. 2

By this point we were on our boat touring through the land of the colorful dolls and I was consumed in my iphone trying to google what the cause of my camera problem. The verdit: the card was fried.

All of my pictures – gone. I was devastated. This card held all of my Italy pictures, pictures from Miguel’s birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, decorating for Christmas, and of course the first part of the trip. While some of those things were backed up on the computer, the Christmas décor, Thanksgiving and the first of the trip were not. Plus, the card was an 8 GB, so I hated that the expensive card would just have to be thrown away. So, this is obviously the reason why I had no food pics for our first dinner, and minimal pictures of us in the last update. I tried to go back and recreate some of those first night pics (such as the room), but some just couldn’t be duplicated. The event made me so nervous about my camera the entire trip! I was so worried it was actually my camera that had a glitch and any other cards would eventually die on me as well.

So, the only thing to do to fix this unfortunate situation was to buy a new memory card. We stopped in Castle Couture, but they did not sell them. We were pointed in the way of Exposition Hall, where we were able to buy a new card. So, problem sort of solved. At least we could take pictures again, but we weren’t sure if we could save the one’s we had already captured. (We later found out when we returned home that the pictures are simply gone forever).

Did you try reformatting the card? You can do that right on your camera. You still can't get your pics back but you might be able to reuse it later.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 12-18-2010, 08:32 PM   #71
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Too bad that you didn't get to see more characters at CP!

I can't wait to see if you ended up conquering the mountain!!!
Old 12-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #72
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I haven't been to Crystal Palace in years. It's on my list now!

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 12-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #73
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

That's sad you didn't get to see pooh or eeyore (my favorites too!) But it'll be something to look forward to on your disneymoon

I've NEVER ridden Splash Mountain! I am not a fan of water rides, and so haven't ridden it. I'm excited to hear about your reaction to riding it!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Old 12-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #74
klacey1
DIS Veteran

What a fun lunch! Sorry you didn't get to see your favorites, but at least you get to see them in a few short months!
Old 12-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #75
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Yay! I love CP! We are trying it for breakfast for the first time on our trip and I am really excited! Sorry you didn't get to see Pooh or Eeyore, though. I just love all of the Winnie the Pooh characters so much. Eeyore is my favorite, but they are all wonderful!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: