Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #31
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

I'm definitely anxious to know what happened!

I just love Disney at Christmastime. Your pics are making me want to go next year

I'm glad you wanted to try Splash this trip. It is one of my favorites
Old 12-06-2010, 05:30 PM   #32
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great update!

I don't know what is up with the monorail lately, it had technical difficulties when we were there too! It seems like it's time for an upgrade!

I love all the Christmas decorations at MK, so pretty!

What terrible thing happened at IASW???

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #33
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Something terrible happened???? Hope you don't have too many commitments this week because you need to give the dramatic conclusion to that!!!

Yay for AP!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #34
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

I was so excited to see an update! I know you'll probably address this at some point in your TR, but what did you think of the Tables in Wonderland card? Was it worth it? I'm really debating over purchasing one next year, so I'm interested to see how it worked out for you.

Can't wait to see what you thought of splash!
Old 12-07-2010, 03:15 PM   #35
lilpapsgirl
Mouseketeer

I am a little late, but I made it over.
Can't wait to hear more from your trip report. I am in total suspence as to what terrible thing happened at IASW.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:05 PM   #36
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

im here!!!!! can't wait to hear what happened!!!! Hope it wasn't really too terrible
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Old 12-07-2010, 07:19 PM   #37
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Oh, no! I'm nervous to know what happened!

I've really loved your TR so far though!!!
I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveLilo05 View Post
O it looks so pretty at Christmastime

Splash Mt is my absolute favorite ride in Disney World, I never miss it! DD rode it with us in Aug for the 1st time and hated it, I hope that you enjoyed it.

And I'm hanging by a thread here, what happened?
Disney is so, so pretty at Christmas! I'll tell what happened in my next update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
Oh, no! Don't make us wait too long to find out what the terrible thing is! My stomach already dropped. At least we know you both are okay, I hope nothing happened to another family!

On the plus side, you got a lot done that morning! Lots of people were probably moving slow this morning due to TMT (too much turkey ) I originally wanted to do a Thanksgiving trip, I'm just not sure I could deal with the airport and the fares!
I promise I'll get another update up soon! No one was hurt, though.

TMT - that is too funny! We always manage to have really successful mornings in the parks. Getting up early definitely pays off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Uh oh-- what a cliffhanger! I hope it wasn't too terrible!!
You guys got a lot done early. Glad to see Miguel was able to wear shorts and you guys didn't have to be all bundled up like your last trip!!
We were so happy not to be wearing jackets the whole trip!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:21 PM   #38
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kids2luv View Post
Hi , I'm joining too. We were at WDW 11/28 - 12/4.

Suspense is setting in...can't wait to read more.
How neat you were there the same time we were! Where did you all stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
I'm definitely anxious to know what happened!

I just love Disney at Christmastime. Your pics are making me want to go next year

I'm glad you wanted to try Splash this trip. It is one of my favorites
I think everyone needs to go to Disney at Christmas at least once. It is so beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great update!

I don't know what is up with the monorail lately, it had technical difficulties when we were there too! It seems like it's time for an upgrade!

I love all the Christmas decorations at MK, so pretty!

What terrible thing happened at IASW???
Thanks! I agree - I think the monorail could use an upgrade. I was sad to not ride it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Something terrible happened???? Hope you don't have too many commitments this week because you need to give the dramatic conclusion to that!!!

Yay for AP!!!
I promise to have an update up by the end of the week!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #39
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliebelle3 View Post
I was so excited to see an update! I know you'll probably address this at some point in your TR, but what did you think of the Tables in Wonderland card? Was it worth it? I'm really debating over purchasing one next year, so I'm interested to see how it worked out for you.

Can't wait to see what you thought of splash!
I think the TiW card was definitely worth it. I'll be doing a review of it with how much we saved, etc at the end of the TR - but who knows how long that could take! I will say, it doesn't take much to break even. I think after 4 meals we recouped all of our money. I love that you get free valet at the resorts, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpapsgirl View Post
I am a little late, but I made it over.
Can't wait to hear more from your trip report. I am in total suspence as to what terrible thing happened at IASW.
You aren't late - we're just getting started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
im here!!!!! can't wait to hear what happened!!!! Hope it wasn't really too terrible
Yay! So glad you're here!
Old 12-07-2010, 09:25 PM   #40
pjennings
Mouseketeer

Just started reading your TR, I'm hooked, looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #41
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjennings View Post
Just started reading your TR, I'm hooked, looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.
I'm so glad you're enjoying the report!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #42
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!!!! Can't wait to catch up when I get home
Old 12-09-2010, 11:33 PM   #43
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
I'm here!!!!! Can't wait to catch up when I get home
Yay!!! Have a wonderful trip!
Old 12-09-2010, 11:44 PM   #44
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

DAY 2 - Pt. 2

I left off with something terrible happening in the line at IASW. I was of course preparing to take some pictures, when I turned my camera on and got the error message, “this card cannot be used”. What? The memory wasn’t full, certainly the card was ok. I turned the camera off and back on, hoping the pesky message would go away, but it remained. I tried taking the card out, cleaning it, reinserting it, but nothing would work.

By this point we were on our boat touring through the land of the colorful dolls and I was consumed in my iphone trying to google what the cause of my camera problem. The verdit: the card was fried.

All of my pictures – gone. I was devastated. This card held all of my Italy pictures, pictures from Miguel’s birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, decorating for Christmas, and of course the first part of the trip. While some of those things were backed up on the computer, the Christmas décor, Thanksgiving and the first of the trip were not. Plus, the card was an 8 GB, so I hated that the expensive card would just have to be thrown away. So, this is obviously the reason why I had no food pics for our first dinner, and minimal pictures of us in the last update. I tried to go back and recreate some of those first night pics (such as the room), but some just couldn’t be duplicated. The event made me so nervous about my camera the entire trip! I was so worried it was actually my camera that had a glitch and any other cards would eventually die on me as well.

So, the only thing to do to fix this unfortunate situation was to buy a new memory card. We stopped in Castle Couture, but they did not sell them. We were pointed in the way of Exposition Hall, where we were able to buy a new card. So, problem sort of solved. At least we could take pictures again, but we weren’t sure if we could save the one’s we had already captured. (We later found out when we returned home that the pictures are simply gone forever).

By the time we left Expo Hall, the Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! Parade was coming down Main Street.

Since we only had about 30 minutes until our lunch ADR at Crystal Palace, I suggested that we wait until later to use our SM FP’s and instead watch the parade and check into CP a little early. Miguel, being the thrill-seeker that he is, vetoed this idea and off we went to Tomorrowland.

Crowd Shot!

By this point, the park was getting crowded so we were weaving in and out of people trying to make it to SM quickly so we could make it back to CP in time for our ADR. I don’t think I’ve ever seen SM load so slowly! I was starting to panic that we woudn’t make it to our ADR on time and would be sent away from our date with Pooh and pals.

Soon enough, all of the worry was forgotten as we were zooming through space! My last ride on SM in January was a little uncomfortable – I felt kind of jerked around and left with a pretty bad headache so I was expecting the worst for this ride too. Thankfully, there was no trouble this time around! The ride was so much fun! Miguel and I both laughed the whole way, and the laughter continued when we caught a glimpse of our ride photo! Look at the expression on Miguel's face!

After laughing at our funny faces on Space Mountain, we hightailed it out of Tommorland. Would we make it to our CP ADR on time, or would we be turned away at the door?
Old 12-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #45
lilpapsgirl
Mouseketeer

Oh No Courntey. I am so sorry you lost your pictures. That is terrible. I am glad it was the actual SD card and not your camera. That is a much easier promblem to fix, rather than having to replace the whole camera. I hope there are no other picture mishapes on your trip. Camera's do the weirdist things sometime

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: