Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2010, 11:36 PM   #16
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

I'm here! Super excited for your TR! Glad you got a room request in the mansions section. POR is huge, so I totally understand getting lost!

Also, I'm jealous of your 7 hour drive to Disney...beats my 20hr one
Old 12-05-2010, 08:45 AM   #17
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliebelle3 View Post
I'm here! Super excited for your TR! Glad you got a room request in the mansions section. POR is huge, so I totally understand getting lost!

Also, I'm jealous of your 7 hour drive to Disney...beats my 20hr one
Yay! Thanks for coming over!

We're pretty lucky to be in driving distance of Disney. It's nice to know we never have to factor airfare in to our budget.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2010, 08:58 AM   #18
tigerdragon
DIS Veteran

I'm jealous of your driving distance too! It takes us a day and a half to drive to WDW.

Looking forward to reading more!
Old 12-05-2010, 09:06 AM   #19
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdragon View Post
I'm jealous of your driving distance too! It takes us a day and a half to drive to WDW.

Looking forward to reading more!
Thanks for stopping in! We're definitely very lucky!
Old 12-05-2010, 09:30 AM   #20
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

I'm here! DH and I stayed at FOFQ for our Disneymoon and it was really great, but looking back now I wish we would have stayed at POR. It just looks so much more romantic!

I am really excited about your TR. I can't wait to read more!
Old 12-05-2010, 06:20 PM   #21
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Followed the link from your PTR b/c I need the Disney fix and wanted to see some pics lol.
POR looks nice, my aunt stayed there when we went last year but we never got over there to check it out (we were at CBR).
Looking forward to hearing more!

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

Old 12-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #22
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Subbing and going back to read

Ok...I'm back LOL! Great start. Got a little nervous that it was on page 2 but glad I didn't miss too much!!! Did Miguel lose weight? That first pic of him looks like he's lost a bit. Or maybe it's because you had to wear so many layers on the last TR LOL! I still can't believe you managed to drive 7 hours after eating Thanksgiving dinner! Amazing!!!

Last edited by Tnkrbelle565; 12-05-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #23
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Joining!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 09:12 PM   #24
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
I'm here! DH and I stayed at FOFQ for our Disneymoon and it was really great, but looking back now I wish we would have stayed at POR. It just looks so much more romantic!

I am really excited about your TR. I can't wait to read more!
So glad to have to you joining in!

POFQ is my favorite Disney hotel (so far), so I might be a little biased but I actually think it is more romantic than POR. They're but lovely resorts, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveLilo05 View Post
Followed the link from your PTR b/c I need the Disney fix and wanted to see some pics lol.
POR looks nice, my aunt stayed there when we went last year but we never got over there to check it out (we were at CBR).
Looking forward to hearing more!
Yay! I'm glad you'll be joining in here, too! I'm hoping I can keep up with a TR and PTR at once!

I've got another update coming up now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Subbing and going back to read

Ok...I'm back LOL! Great start. Got a little nervous that it was on page 2 but glad I didn't miss too much!!! Did Miguel lose weight? That first pic of him looks like he's lost a bit. Or maybe it's because you had to wear so many layers on the last TR LOL! I still can't believe you managed to drive 7 hours after eating Thanksgiving dinner! Amazing!!!
Not much happening yet! I'm about to post an update, though - you made it just in time!

I think it's probably the layers. I'm sure he would be very flattered, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Joining!!!
Yay!
Old 12-05-2010, 09:29 PM   #25
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

DAY 2 - Pt. 1

Our day stared when both Miguel and I woke up at 4:45 am! I looked at Miguel and said Im ready. He laughed and said, me too! We eventually did fall back asleep and were up for good at about 7:15. We both got ready pretty quickly and were out the door by 8:00 right on time! We immediately noticed how beautiful the weather was. It wasnt hot, it wasnt cold it was literally just right!

We found our way to the MK entracnce pretty quickly and soon enough we were making our way to the TTC. I was surprised how many cars were already in the parking lot at 8:15! Would this be a sign of things to come?!

Since we were able to park pretty close to the front of the lot, we walked over to the TTC instead of taking the tram. Since I purchased an AP before our trip, I needed to exhange my voucher.

Also, we debated for quite some time about the kind of ticket to buy Miguel. Since we knew we would be returning to Disney next June for the honeymoon, an AP seemed logical, but we just werent sure if we wanted to be out that much money yet.

So what did we decide to do?

APs for both of us! It was exciting to actually have them in our hands and know that we are now annual passholders! By this point it was about 8:30 and we were really hoping to make it to the park for rope drop something we had never done. The monorail was experiencing some technical difficulties, so we headed over to the ferry instead.

We normally take the monorail, so it was a nice change of pace to ride over to the park on the ferry. Its a peaceful ride, and we got some great views of the Poly, Grand Floridian, and Contemporary resorts.

As we unloaded from the ferry I could faintly hear music playing. By the time we got to the enterance of the park, it was over. So, we made it to the park before opening (we were got there about 8:50), but we still had yet to see the rope drop ceremony.

We could tell by the crowds already forming that it was going to be a busy day! Our strategy was to head straight to Tomorroland to grab Space Mountain FPs and then head to the back of the park for BTMRR.

First though, I needed to make a stop at City Hall to buy a Tables in Wonderland card!

I had debated this purchase quite a bit before the trip as well, but we decided it would ultimately be worth it. Meanwhile, Miguel hung out on Main Street taking some pictures of the Christmas dcor.

Finally, we moved on to Tomorrowland and went straight to the Fast Pass machines.

With FPs in hand, it was time to head to Frontierland!

Big Thunder Mountain was a walk-on! We had no wait at all, and were in a car with a fun group. There was a little girl and her dad in front of us and she was so proud of herself for braving the mountain! It was very cute.

Next up we headed over to Adventureland for a ride of Pirates, which was also a walk-on! So far so good!

From Adventureland we made our way to Liberty Sqaure to visit the happy haunts at the Haunted Mansion. No wait on this one, either!

Finally after we had knocked some of the big attractions out, it was time to let Miguel have fun at the shooting arcade his favorite!

In all honesty, I was mostly trying to kill about 5 minutes before we could grab another fast pass, but he didnt have to know that!

When our FP window opened up, we decided to get a couple more to use later in the day this time, for Splash Mountain! Now, if you read my previous TR or my current PTR, then youll know that Ive never in all of my trips to Disney ridden Splash. I hate big drops so Ive always been too scared to brave this mountain! This time though, I was determined. So we got our FPs for later and started making our way towards the front of the park to use our SM FPs.

On the way, we passed through Fantasyland, so we decided to take a little detour through Its a Small World. It had a minimal wait, and its such a classic! Unfortuanltly, while waiting in line at IASW, something terrible happened

Oh, and I promise future updates will actually have pictures of us in them!
Old 12-06-2010, 06:06 AM   #26
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Oh, no! I'm nervous to know what happened!

I've really loved your TR so far though!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 08:47 AM   #27
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

O it looks so pretty at Christmastime

Splash Mt is my absolute favorite ride in Disney World, I never miss it! DD rode it with us in Aug for the 1st time and hated it, I hope that you enjoyed it.

And I'm hanging by a thread here, what happened?

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

Old 12-06-2010, 08:53 AM   #28
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Oh, no! Don't make us wait too long to find out what the terrible thing is! My stomach already dropped. At least we know you both are okay, I hope nothing happened to another family!

On the plus side, you got a lot done that morning! Lots of people were probably moving slow this morning due to TMT (too much turkey ) I originally wanted to do a Thanksgiving trip, I'm just not sure I could deal with the airport and the fares!

Old 12-06-2010, 09:09 AM   #29
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Uh oh-- what a cliffhanger! I hope it wasn't too terrible!!
You guys got a lot done early. Glad to see Miguel was able to wear shorts and you guys didn't have to be all bundled up like your last trip!!

September 2013: PTR, TR, Dining Report
August 2011: PTR, TR, Dining Report
Old 12-06-2010, 09:36 AM   #30
2kids2luv
Mouseketeer

Hi , I'm joining too. We were at WDW 11/28 - 12/4.

Suspense is setting in...can't wait to read more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: