Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #151
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

back. You guys look very at home at the Poly. Good honeymoon choice
Old 02-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #152
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjennings View Post
glad you are back, We LOVE Ohana as well
Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.
It's good to be back! I was worried I wasn't going to get to finish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay, glad your TR got moved back to where it should be!

Great update! My next update is going to be about the Poly and Ohana too, I love it there!
Me too!!! I hated the thought of leaving this TR incomplete.

I can't wait to read your 'Ohana update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
back. You guys look very at home at the Poly. Good honeymoon choice
Thanks! We really did feel at home at the Poly. Definitely a good choice!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #153
klacey1
DIS Veteran

The Poly is so gorgeous! It really just screams "relaxation" and "honeymoon" to me. You guys are going to have such a nice time.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:55 PM   #154
Softballgirl27
Mouseketeer

hello southern tinkerbell!!! i am loving your trip report. i can't wait for your honeymoon trip report have u tried the O'huna (did i spell that right?) breakfast with Lilo and Stich? it is really good and i enjoyed it a lot. do u have any fav orite restraunts?
Old 02-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #155
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
The Poly is so gorgeous! It really just screams "relaxation" and "honeymoon" to me. You guys are going to have such a nice time.
I can't wait to get there! Every time I look at pictures I just get more and more excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softballgirl27 View Post
hello southern tinkerbell!!! i am loving your trip report. i can't wait for your honeymoon trip report have u tried the O'huna (did i spell that right?) breakfast with Lilo and Stich? it is really good and i enjoyed it a lot. do u have any fav orite restraunts?
Thank you so much for joining in - glad you're enjoying the report!

We love 'Ohana - it's definitely a favorite of ours! We haven't tried the breakfast there yet. I'm thinking of maybe making an ADR there for our departure breakfast on the honeymoon.

I hope you'll check out my disneymoon PTR (the link is in my sig). I'd love to have you join in over there!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #156
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I figure since I had to delay my TR for a couple weeks, I might as well go ahead with another update!

DAY 4 - Pt. 1

The park on today’s agenda was Hollywood Studios! The plan was to make it to the park for rope drop to participate in the mad dash for Toy Story Mania, which neither Miguel nor I had ever ridden! Since this would be our first time on TSM, we definitely didn’t want to miss out by getting to the park late.

However, two early mornings and two late nights had left us pretty tired. We ended up sleeping a little later than expected, but we still made it to the park before opening (albeit only about 15 minutes before). We quickly parked and headed to the tram, surprised to find that they now have doors!

We could not believe the crowd of people already gathered at the park! Cast members kept making announcements about how we needed to walk not run into the park, so we knew we were in for a wild ride!

Soon enough, the ropes were dropped and we were released! There were cast members along the way leading us to TSM and trying to keep the lines organized. By the time we made it to Pixar Place, the line for Fast Passes was already lined up almost to the Little Mermaid!

We decided to forgo the FP line in favor of the stand-by line, although it wasn’t much better!

At 9:07, the wait was already posted as 60 minutes! A cast member assured us that this was not truly how long the wait was so we hoped for the best and hopped in line.

We ended up waiting about 35 minutes. The wait wasn’t too bad though, since there is so much to look at.

We weren’t sure what to expect with this ride. We aren’t fans of Buzz at MK, and we knew that TSM is atleast semi-similar to Buzz. I hoped that we hadn’t waited that long to be disappointed!

We quickly found out that we had nothing to worry about –we loved the ride! It was so much fun, and definitely worth the 35 minute wait. Here’s our scores! Sadly, that’s me on the right…

By the time we were done, the FP line had diminished so we were able to grab a couple to use later in the day.

Next, we crossed the park to Sunset Blvd. so Miguel could do one of his favorites – ToT. I rode this once years ago and absolutely hated it so I waited this one out. I was feeling a little hungry so I stopped by Fairfax Fare for an English muffin sandwich.

This sandwhich lived up to the sterotype of DHS quick service, meaning it wasn’t very good. It was pretty bland, so I basically just picked at it.

While I waited, I looked on to RnRC. If you read my previous TR, or my current PTR, then you’ll know that I chickened out of this attraction the last time we were at Disney. Much like with Splash, I was determined to ride this time.

Soon enough, Miguel exited from ToT and it was time to head over to RnRC…
Old 02-20-2011, 08:50 PM   #157
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Glad that you guys were able to get on TSM! It's definitely one of my favorites. Their fastpass lines can get pretty insane though.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:03 PM   #158
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

I knew you would like TSM! I am not a fan of Buzz either, after riding TSM before I ever rode Buzz, I felt Buzz was a complete letdown!

That muffin sandwich appears to leave a lot to be desired. The top of the muffin looks flat, the egg looks dry, the cheese hasn't even begun to melt, and the bacon (like most on WDW property) looks greasy and plastic-like.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:43 PM   #159
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Glad that you guys were able to get on TSM! It's definitely one of my favorites. Their fastpass lines can get pretty insane though.
I'll be honest - the TSM mad dash was kind of exciting, but I couldn't believe all of that for one attraction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
I knew you would like TSM! I am not a fan of Buzz either, after riding TSM before I ever rode Buzz, I felt Buzz was a complete letdown!

That muffin sandwich appears to leave a lot to be desired. The top of the muffin looks flat, the egg looks dry, the cheese hasn't even begun to melt, and the bacon (like most on WDW property) looks greasy and plastic-like.
That pretty much describes the sandwich exactly! It was gross. Most of it went in the trash.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #160
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

AH I am so glad that you loved TSM!!!!!! It's one of my favorite rides and we even have the game for our Wii! LOL The wait line always SEEMS long, but you generally get through it faster than the posted time. We always make sure we ride that ride atleast twice, if not more while we are there.
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Old 02-21-2011, 09:24 AM   #161
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Isn't TSM so much fun? We went on it for the first time in November also, and I have to say, it definitely lives up to the hype, I wasn't really sure it would! I just don't like how you have to get there as soon as the park opens, or you can forget about riding! I wish they would figure out a different system for that ride.

Can't wait to see if you tried RnRC! It's awesome!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 02-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #162
Softballgirl27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I can't wait to get there! Every time I look at pictures I just get more and more excited.

Thank you so much for joining in - glad you're enjoying the report!

We love 'Ohana - it's definitely a favorite of ours! We haven't tried the breakfast there yet. I'm thinking of maybe making an ADR there for our departure breakfast on the honeymoon.

I hope you'll check out my disneymoon PTR (the link is in my sig). I'd love to have you join in over there!
yes i will totally check it out!!
Old 02-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #163
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

How did your TR get moved to the completed TR section?

That pineapple drink looks soooooooooo goooooood!!!!!!! I will have to put that down to get in the future.

I'm glad you were able to ride TSM & get fastpasses! It is so crazy in the morning at DHS to get to the ride & those coveted fastpasses!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'
Old 02-21-2011, 05:04 PM   #164
klacey1
DIS Veteran

TSMM is really fun-- definitely worth a 35 minute wait, but not worth nearly being trampled at park opening for! People get too crazy! I would never wait in such a long FP line!
Old 02-25-2011, 09:47 PM   #165
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

Great update! I haven't been on the Dis in weeks so your updates were perfect timing for me!

I'm glad to hear that you Ohana dinner was good. I feel like I have heard bad things about it lately, which worries me, because I really wanted to eat there again on my next trip.

Glad you liked TSMM! It is sooooo much fun. I could ride it all day

I wanted to ask -- how was the weather?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: