Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

We Came, We Saw....We Celebrated! Our November Beach Club vacation! UPDATED March 12!

Good evening, everyone! Here I go on another trip report. I am vowing here and now (you can't see me, but at home I am raising my right hand) to finish a TR from start to finish. Life got in the way of the last TR, but here we go again! Come and join us on this fun and fabulous journey to the Beach Club!

Our dates of this magical trip were November 7 - 15, 2010.

If you haven't seen my PTR, here is a brief intro of the characters:

Me - 28 years old & bona-fide lover of all things Disney. If it has Mickey's face on it, I probably own it or want to buy it.

Aunt W - My aunt and also my shopping and Disney buddy. I tagged along with her and 2 of her kids for this easy, breezy, we'll-come-and-go-as-we-please trip.

Belle - 10 years old; cousin and also my goddaughter. Daughter of Aunt W. She's my spunky, fun-loving gal and we had a special time this trip!

Buzz - 4 years old; cousin and son of Aunt W. Buzz had a lot of firsts this trip (including his first roller coaster!).

So come along, one and all, as we journey to the Beach Club!

Last edited by DWGal210; 03-12-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:52 PM   #2
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Chapter Links!

A Brief Background....
Sunday, November 7 - Part One

Last edited by DWGal210; 11-28-2010 at 10:04 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2010, 10:02 PM   #3
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

A BRIEF BIT OF BACKGROUND.....

Before I get into the fun and frivolity of our trip, I have to take a moment to give a bit of background. This will be brief, I promise!

The few weeks before our trip were, quite frankly, a blur. A few events conspired to take away some of the magic from getting ready for the trip.

First, my brother and sister-in-law lost their baby in late October. My SIL had had some problems in the pregnancy but needless to say they were surprised and saddened to lose the baby.

Second, my sweet Grandpa Art passed away on Wednesday, November 3rd. He had been sick for a few years with frontal lobe dementia and was fading, but it was still a shock that he passed when he did. We were supposed to leave on the trip on Saturday the 6th, but that was the day of his funeral. Between the day of the death and getting ready for the wake, funeral, and having family come into town, I didn't have much time to ponder the trip. I was physically ready to go, but honestly, my heart wasn't in it. I knew that once I got to Orlando it would be wonderful and lift my spirits, but those days before leaving were hard. To bury someone one day and leave for Disney the very next can mes with your emotions.

But, as a wise MeMom said, Grandpa would have wanted us to go and have a great time. So, with slightly heavy hearts, we packed our bags and were on our way to Disney!

Thank you for that brief moment of sadness....but that is all behind us now! Orlando, here we come!
Old 11-28-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm hopping on board. I'm really sorry to hear about your loss.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:19 PM   #5
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 7TH

Sunday the 7th dawned bright & glorious. It was chilly at home, but we knew warmer temps were closer!

I first went to my parent's house to drop off my puppy Riley, who would be bunking there while I was gone. My niece was in town, and when I told her I would bring her home a Minnie, she asked, "And Mickey?" A girl after my own heart! I am very proud to say her Aunt Katie has already started the Disney indoctrination.......

My uncle was kind enough to drive us to the airport - he picked me up around 8:00AM and we were on the road. It was a quick 2 hour drive and before we knew it, we were at the airport!

After getting through security and putting all our clothes back on , we stopped to get some snacks and take a few pictures:

We had a connection in Atlanta but that was quick and painless. Before we knew it, we landed in Orlando and made our way to Magical Express!

The trip over to Beach Club was fine - but no picture of the sign since it was about 7:30PM and pitch dark. We were the last stop off the bus and made our way into the lobby....

Honestly, I am ashamed to say but I don't have many pictures of the lobby. We were so tired and ready to get into our room, there are few pictures to share.

The kids were ready to see the room!

Check in was quick and easy - we got our room keys, I bought my 6 day Park Hopper and we were off!

UP NEXT:
* The room (and a FABULOUS location!)
* Dinner! (Cause it's all about the food! )

Have a great week! TTFN!
Old 11-28-2010, 10:21 PM   #6
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I'm hopping on board. I'm really sorry to hear about your loss.
Welcome! First poster - you win!

Thank you for your sweet words!

Hope to keep you interested! Thanks for reading along!
Old 11-28-2010, 10:44 PM   #7
mickeyfreak13
Earning My Ears

sorry for your pain and loss.

I am looking forward to hearing/reading about your trip.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:49 PM   #8
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Hi there Katie! So excited you began! You know I love me some Beach Club!

I'm so glad that you all decided to go ahead and make the trip even with all the sadness before. It was a great way to celebrate a life well lived...
Old 11-29-2010, 10:17 PM   #9
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

You sound like me, I never get a lot of pictures on arrival day, especially when we arrive later at night. I'm always so excited on travel day that I just get so caught up!

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 12-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #10
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

So after a long absence, here I am! Back like a bad habit!

Where were we.....ahh yes! Arrival day!

After arriving at Beach Club, getting checked in and getting my park pass, we were on our way to our room for the next 5 nights!

We were VERY lucky with room location; as you enter the DVC building at Beach Club, you are in a large entry way with the elevators to the right and the Solarium right in front of you. We were the FIRST room on the left!! So we were super close to the store to fill up our mugs & very close to the other pool (not Stormalong Bay, I don't know what this one was called! )

For those of you who want to see the 1 bedroom villa at Beach Club....here you go!!

And here is out our patio door, right to a pool with a GREAT hot tub, perfect for soaking toes after a long day in the parks....you would think I would have remembered to take a picture in the morning so you could actually see it.

We had been on the road all day and were wiped, so we got into our jammies and called it a night.

NEXT UP: First full day at Disney and the Magical Milestones Tour!!
Old 12-22-2010, 09:54 PM   #11
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

*sigh* I love the Beach Club.....

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 12-25-2010, 08:47 AM   #12
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas, everyone!

I hope you and your families have a safe and blessed Christmas Day, surrounded by family and some great food.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:24 AM   #13
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Oh no Katie, I just noticed the TR in your siggy! Here now...

Happy New Year!!!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 01-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #14
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Oh no Katie, I just noticed the TR in your siggy! Here now...

Happy New Year!!!
No worries! Thanks for coming over! I am hoping to do more updates this weekend, since I have a pretty quiet one.

Happy New Year to you as well!!
Old 01-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #15
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Happy New year, everyone!

I was lucky to have a pretty free weekend to ring in the New Year. NYE was spent at my parent's house and then Saturday and today have been free days to get things done around the house. But of course, I wanted to make time to DIS and do a trip update!

Monday morning, November 8th dawned sunny but a bit chilly. We had really fabulous weather, I have to say - in the mornings it could be a bit cool, but it was not the weather we were having back home (COLD!) so of course, we loved it.

This was the morning that Belle and I went on our Mickey's Magical Milestones Tour. It was very inexpensive (I want to say around $40 total with my Disney Visa discount) and a great tour. I had read some not-so-great reviews and considered canceling but I am VERY glad we didn't. I think the tour guide can make ALL the difference and our gal was SUPER!

Another great feature of our room was how close we were to the BC bus stop. It was literally a 1 minute walk from our front door and we were there! We didn't wait long at all for a MK bus - and here we are, ready to go!

One of the great things about a morning tour is that you can have an empty MK park to take pictures in!

As we were waiting for our group to start, we were able to see some of the morning Welcome characters....hello, Jasmine and Aladdin!

We then started on our tour. Our guide, Ms. Claire was THE BEST! This was the last week of the Tour, we found out, and so she was really wanting to make it VERY special. She was wonderful and I really hope I see her again when I am there!

We took the train around to Mickey's ToonTown, had a great tour of Mickey's house and then got a group picture with the Mr and Mrs of Toon Town. I wanted to make sure and take LOTS of pictures, since it will probably be gone before we are there again!

Continued in next post...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: