Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #106
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

I hope he chose that spot because he wants to have a Disney Wedding.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:41 PM   #107
Daisy Duke
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
This was my thought as well!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #108
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Oh that was SO worth the wait!!! Crying tears of joy for you and Blake! Congratulations---and here's to many, MANY years of wedded bliss.....and Disney trips!

Congrats too on your Master's paper being F-I-N-I-S-H-E-D!!!!!!! YAHOO!!!!!!

So many reasons to be so happy for you!!! Sending you a great big congratulatory HUG!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 01-19-2011, 10:30 AM   #109
redsox721
Mouseketeer

Happy tears for you. You looked so surprised. Congratulations. Can't wait to hear the wedding plans.

Congratulations also on finishing your masters. You must be so proud of yourself. I am proud of you.
WDW (stays of 4 days and longer--to many short visits to list) 1982---offsite (me & my folks), 1994---Poly (first family visit), 1997---Poly, 1999---Poly, 2000---offsite, 2002---Poly, 2004---POR, 2006---Pop, 2007---Pop, 2008---offsite (quick visit after a wonderful cruise)
Disneyland May 2009 Candy Cane Inn

Me(54) DH(56) DS(28) DD(26) DSIL(27)
Old 01-20-2011, 06:34 AM   #110
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I can't see the video at work!!!

I can't fully comment until I see it...to be continued.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:06 AM   #111
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

What a perfect proposal! And he even thought to have someone video it! And love the spot he chose... can't wait to hear what his reason was!

And congrats on finishing your paper!

Old 01-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #112
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Well some things are definitely worth the wait!!!

Oh Jess I'm crying tears of joy!! WOW, yes like that guy holding the camera said, I'm blown away!!!! What a great proposal!! I'm so happy for you!! I have all types of goosebumps now!!!!! Blake is definitely a keeper!!!!

Love that picture of you and Blake in front of the tree...like how the rock sparkles LOL

Can't wait to find out why Blake picked that spot, don't keep us waiting too long please!!
Thank you Jen!! It was definitely a great proposal, although I wish we had a picture too to go along with the video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Congratulations on being finished with your Master's paper! That's awesome!

Okay, I am with Jen, total tears of joy watching that video! So sweet and such a perfect spot! No wonder Blake was in la-la land at Beaches and Cream!

Love, love, love it! Totally worth the wait, Jess!
Thanks CP! So Great to be finally done with my paper! Blake was totally in la-la land, he told me on the walk over to the spot, he was sub-consciously clicking the ring box open and closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOJulieOo View Post
I'm crying too!

What a sweet video! I'm so glad Blake had that guy capture it on video.

So exciting! It was worth the wait!
Thank you Julie! I'm so glad too...what a trickster that Blake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
A great weekend for Jess...finally done with that nasty paper! Congrats

AND a great weekend for us because we finally got the story!!! Yep, happy tears here too! Congrats to you and Blake, too funny about your phone call with your Dad

I'm anxious to hear the reason for the location but now I can relax and enjoy the rest of your TR
YAY! Done with that nasty paper indeed!
Thank you also for the card Katie, and for the thoughtful congrats at the bottom of it! Me and my dad are funny, we're like father and son!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Duke View Post
Count me in with happy tears, as well! How sweet and what a wonderful proposal story!
Aw thank you!!!
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:50 PM   #113
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
That would totally be great! But, my dad is giving us the option of a downpayment on a house and I am totally taking that over a big wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Duke View Post
This was my thought as well!
We say maybe for the 5 or 10 year reunion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Oh that was SO worth the wait!!! Crying tears of joy for you and Blake! Congratulations---and here's to many, MANY years of wedded bliss.....and Disney trips!

Congrats too on your Master's paper being F-I-N-I-S-H-E-D!!!!!!! YAHOO!!!!!!

So many reasons to be so happy for you!!! Sending you a great big congratulatory HUG!
Thank you so much Jen! You are too sweet!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox721 View Post
Happy tears for you. You looked so surprised. Congratulations. Can't wait to hear the wedding plans.

Congratulations also on finishing your masters. You must be so proud of yourself. I am proud of you.
Aw thank you! That means a lot, that master's was a long time coming, I am so thankful it's done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I can't see the video at work!!!

I can't fully comment until I see it...to be continued.
Oh my gosh LL, you are too funny! I can't wait to hear about yours and Jen's trip when you get back next week!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
What a perfect proposal! And he even thought to have someone video it! And love the spot he chose... can't wait to hear what his reason was!

And congrats on finishing your paper!
Thank you C!! I know, I would have totally forgot to get someone to videotape it if it were me! I know you love the spot, we totally used your exit out of the park to get there!
WHY did you do it? 2010
Old 01-25-2011, 09:31 PM   #114
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Sorry guys, here I go again! I was sick all last week, and with it being so cold, I had the darned thing for 10 days because of my job having to be out in the cold/being wet.
BUT, I’m back!
We had a nice weekend vacation to Arlington, VA to visit a few of Blake’s friends from Virginia Tech. We went to D.C. to see some of the museums (Natural History, Air and Space and Hirschorn), it was COLD, but fun.

Anyway, where did we leave off?
So, the big question…why did Blake pick this spot?

Before we left for our trip, before there was even a trip, Blake told me afterwards that he originally wanted to do it in Ocean City, where he first asked me out. Later on, I told him when I found this out, that it was a good thing he didn’t plan a trip there, because during thanksgiving through Christmas they rope off the part that he asked me out at in order to set up the Festival of Lights. Good thing!

When Disney came into reality, Blake asked me, “where’s your favorite place in Disney” and I said, obviously in front of the castle or during Illuminations. But, when it came down to it, we weren’t going to Magic Kingdom until Saturday. He kept asking me, “why aren’t we going to MK until Saturday again?” I tried to explain to him that thurs-sun when our trip fell, Saturday was the only day that there wasn’t a Very Merry Party going on, so it would be the only night to see Wishes and the Electrical Parade. So he agreed.

Next, he thought of Illuminations, but it’s dark and he said, “I thought about it, and what if I dropped the ring! I’d never find it, or have to get a CM so I could borrow his flashlight!”

Blake told me that he wanted to spend the whole trip as “just engaged” and be able to enjoy it instead of him on edge the whole time, so it was a given, it would be at Epcot on our first night.

Now why the Beach Club? Both of us are biologists, we love the water. We love sunsets. The big lake in between the resort was a good idea. Plus, it had a dock, it was next to the Boardwalk. It was the exact setting in Ocean City on the Chesapeake Bay at sunset , on a dock, when he first asked me out.
So why didn’t he do it in the front of the castle? Blake knows me. I’m shy overall, and let’s face it, MK is crowded at most times or rather there's a lot of people around, and he knows that if it would have happened there, I don’t like a lot of attention on me and I think the “moment” would have been reuined in a way because my personality would have taken over and I would have shyed away from the situation. So, he thought intimate setting at the Beach Club, 2 witnesses, plus they taped it.

P.S. It’s a good thing he didn’t do it at MK, because (here’s a teaser for the TR)….not only did it 1) RAIN, but 2) at night, it was SO foggy, you couldn’t even see the castle…so….did Blake pick a good spot?

Yes….it was us

Now…let’s finish up that first day in the world!!

After our pictures in front of the tree, I got a call from Banana that she had just entered the park and would be waiting under SSE. I was so excited to see her! I hadn’t see her since our trip in 2008 because she was unavailable to meet up in 2009. So I called her up and started toward SSE

I asked, “what color are you wearing?” “Black?” “Me too…great!”

But I found her! There she is!

While we were there, we got on spaceship earth again.

I think my new thing is going to be hats..love it!

Then we headed over to the Coke Club to let her try Beverely…she hadn’t been there since it was an Igloo! Anyone else remember this? My mom and I were there and they used to throw snowballs at us! Craziest thing ever!

Did she like it?

I think not.

Then, it happens. My camera battery died. I have one of those cartridge batteries, and luckily brought my charger, so Blake offered to sit down and let it charge for a while, while we went to got on the Land and chatted about what had happened . I had just found out that she was pregnant, 7 weeks, so she couldn’t get on any big rides anyway, so it kinda worked out that she had got there so late. Two big announcements that night, how cool!!

We all decided we were hungry again, so we walked around and tried on hats and had fun until we found that perfect meal to eat.
China

We took a bee-line for the American Adventure. Have had snacks there before (pretzels) but never a counter service meal. Banana doesn't have a lot of money, and I've always paid for things when I could even in high school, so we agreed that since we would get a counter service each, give her on of our desserts (brownie and I'd keep the apple tart) and just pay for her entree OOP.

Blake settled on a burger with ham and gouda, and both banana and I got chicken nuggets with grapes, they were really good!

Delicious! Now that we were full, we headed onto Maelstrom! It's short, but still like it because there's only ever a 5 minute wait. Plus, it's fun playing around when the ride is over!

At this point we were within 10 minutes of Illuminations starting, so we walked at fast as our legs would carry us and wanted to grab a pic or two in front of the fountain at Italy...love this spot at night!

WHY did you do it? 2010
Old 01-25-2011, 09:39 PM   #115
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Continued from last post

Less than 10 minutes left...we ended up in between a lamp pole at the Fish Shop in England. Definitely a new spot for us. The CM was telling us that a little trivia while we waited....that, there are 20 torches around the Lake during the show, representing 20 centuries and the last in the middle of the lake is the 21st, representing our century! Kinda cool!

Illuminations was awesome as always...here's a few of the better ones, kinda like how the lamp pole looks in them

These two are my favorite

Finale! Always so hard to capture because there's so much going on!

At this point, so started the mad rush for the exit. We decided, that if Ann took us back to our resort, we would not only save time waiting for the bus, but we'd get to hang out with her a little longer and not get lost in the shuffle.

Lots of people!

One last shot...till next time Epcot!

Thankfully we didn't get lost back to the resort. But by that time, it was already 10, so we kicked back and
found a surprise waiting for us!

Blake and I both smiled at each other and said, we need a Happy Engagement one now!
We watched Stacey for a few, until we all started dosing off, so I walked Ann back to her car, gave hugs out, telling her, we'd be back soon! And got ready for bed at 10:40.

Wow...what a day...perfect weather, aquarium, hit all the rides (unfortunately including Soarin', but again, I tried it!), then great meal at Beaches and Cream, the proposal, and hanging out with one of my best friends. I'd say that's a very very successful first day!!

Up next....Day 2....Disney's Hollywood Studios!!
WHY did you do it? 2010
Old 01-26-2011, 06:23 AM   #116
oOJulieOo
Mouseketeer

I would have to agree...a VERY successful first day.

You illuminations pictures are great. My fireworks photos never turn out!

The photo of you and Blake at the Italy fountain is super cute.

And the silly photos of you and Ann look like you girls were having a great time. So much fun to do World Showcase with a great friend!
Old 01-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #117
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Great day EVER!!!! What exciting news for both of you!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 01-30-2011, 07:21 PM   #118
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOJulieOo View Post
I would have to agree...a VERY successful first day.

You illuminations pictures are great. My fireworks photos never turn out!

The photo of you and Blake at the Italy fountain is super cute.

And the silly photos of you and Ann look like you girls were having a great time. So much fun to do World Showcase with a great friend!
I wish Ann and I certainly had more time, but we always have such fun! The fireworks were definitely some of my best, my new camera has a fireworks setting on it, so it definitely helped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Great day EVER!!!! What exciting news for both of you!
YES IT WAS! Awesome first day! Hope the rest look just as great!
WHY did you do it? 2010
Old 01-30-2011, 07:51 PM   #119
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Ah, I love the reasoning behind Blake's choice of where to propose! I must say he looks so relaxed and happy in these later pictures!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #120
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

You got some great Illuminations shots! Gorgeous!

Blake's location choice for the proposal was perfect. I'm the same way in terms of being shy. In fact the worst thing I can imagine is all eyes on me so hopefully if/when it happens for me we are in a relatively low-key setting.

Have you told us when the wedding is yet? Not to rush you...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: