Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2011, 07:44 AM   #76
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Breakfast looks yummy, and I always enjoy seeing Epcot pictures! I didn't realize the fish were fertilizing the plants there -- very neat! As many poinsettas as they have at Disney, that would be a lot of replanting!

Okay, you have your Fastpasses for Soarin', you've ridden The Land and SSE, keep going...I need you to get to The Story.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #77
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
WOOT WOOT another update YAY YAYAY!!! It's THE day!!! I'm very very excited!!!!

What a great start to the morning, that waffle looks absolutely delicious!!!!

Oh EPCOT at Christmas time, what a delightful site!!!!

OOOH SSE...I just love that ride!!!!
Oh I do love me some waffles at Disney! And now the breakfast potatoes too! Epcot...this year has totally made Epcot bump up to my 2nd favorite now

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOJulieOo View Post
Yum! Your breakfast looks delicious.

I can't believe you slept so long in your clothes!

I'm so excited that it's the big day!
Thanks girl...I was SO tired, but of course Blake had to document the event! It's coming I promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Breakfast looks yummy, and I always enjoy seeing Epcot pictures! I didn't realize the fish were fertilizing the plants there -- very neat! As many poinsettas as they have at Disney, that would be a lot of replanting!

Okay, you have your Fastpasses for Soarin', you've ridden The Land and SSE, keep going...I need you to get to The Story.
Oh my gosh you guys are crazy..I'm getting there!!
But yes...The land..fish and plants, how cool is that?! A lot of the poinsetta displays were completely bare as we were walking around, I wonder if they ended up having to replace all of them?!
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2011, 06:29 PM   #78
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

We were off to Spaceship Earth! The line was about 5 minutes or so, you know how it can wrap around SSE, but it goes by quick because it’s constantly moving. Love this one. A few of my favorites.

Rome

The Renaissance

That groovy future chick with the go-go boots

The future at the end always cracks me up. Not really sure what Blake is doing...but a sample of our future!

After we got off, Blake went to find a restroom and I hoped into the Art of Disney store. Now I am going to smack myself for not remembering the Artist’s name, but one of the Disney lithograph/painters was in there signing his pieces, I wrote down “Bob” in my travel notebook….

Yes…that helps a lot?? Seriously Jess…more info next time.

Anyway, awesome pieces, some of them were like the 4 seasons of Disney, I remember one with mickey decorations on the beach…gosh darn it, let me know if you know the artist I’m talking about! It was cool seeing a real Disney artist though, I just LOVE the galleries all around the property!

So after I found Blake, we saw the gorgeous as always fountain,

and took a B-line for the Cool Club.

Now, Blake in past years was un-aware of Beverley, but this year, he was prepared, well…as prepared as he was going to be!

Ready to face her. Can't you tell how excited he is to be revisiting her?

And the end product.

My turn…

And...

just as bad as I remembered

I have a new favorite this year! The Apple Soda from Mexico…yummmmmy! You must try it if you haven’t before!

Next up…we jumped in line, the single rider line that is for Test Track. The wait was 40 minutes, and we have no problem getting split up on this one. In the “line” which took all of about 3 minutes.

The best part about the single rider line? You get to skip the video! Proof…Blake was behind me in the next car.

We headed on to World Showcase because we were getting snackish, but first, the pretty bright blue trees with the Epcot ball! They had a really cool Gospel singers thingy on that stage right after I took the picture.

We found them!

Continued in next post...
WHY did you do it? 2010

Last edited by Roxychica7; 01-11-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #79
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

We stopped into Canada, because we never have before

and found some nice soap. Beaver Butt anyone?

And some decorations.

Now off to England..I always like checking out the Tea Shop there. Now I love coffee, but I also love tea. So I stepped in to see if there was anything good. I REALLY wanted to go into the new shop at DTD, but alas, maybe next time!

The garden behind the tea shop is lovely. There’s lots of flowers and the little cottages are so cute!

Next, it was off to France. I never get a picture of the backdrop from this country in the daytime..

love when they turn the fountains on at night!
Who did we see???

MARIE!! How adorable is she?!

It was our first character of the trip, we grabbed our photopass

and then turned and saw another character! Aurora!

I will admit, she was our first “live” character, I’ve always felt a little weird about posing with a non-costumed character, but I didn’t care, we were trying new things this year. And she was too cute! If you ask Blake about her, he’ll tell you, “She asked me if I slayed dragons and waltzed with you” Funny boys!

And this little girl was too cute.

Aurora got down to this little girls level expecting her to give her a hug and the little girl just PLOPS right now in her lap! You could tell she was a little taken back, but as always she played it off very well!
It was a beautiful day. A few pictures of the lake.

Anyone notice this before?

I was taking a picture of it, cause it looked cool, the little fishing rod, bike and painting and then I looked up and said “oh…it’s THAT building across the water!” What a neat little touch!

After our walking, Blake decided he had made up his mind what he wanted his snack to be, and of course it was WAY on the other side of WS. But it was ok, because the weather, even with the wind, was great. We called back home and they had about 2 inches of snow, on top of 2 inches of ice on top of 2 inches of sleet. Um…we will definitely take the 74 with the breeze today!
What better time than to stop and grab a drink? I am a big fan of these Grand Marnier slushies!

Perfect!

Blake posing like Goofy!

We were on our way to get our snack, I figured I’ll drink while we walk….What country were we heading for??
WHY did you do it? 2010
Old 01-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #80
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

LOL love your future too cute! Don't you just love a woman in gogo boots, doesn't every scientist wear boots like that LOL!!!

You have never walked around Canada LOL!! Glad you found the cute soap LOL!!!!!! I still say they need more hockey stuff around there LOL!!

Awww your picture with Marie is too cute!!!!!!!!

Okay....two more updates...and still no proposal...what are you trying to do to me Jess....LOL!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 01-11-2011, 07:06 PM   #81
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
LOL love your future too cute! Don't you just love a woman in gogo boots, doesn't every scientist wear boots like that LOL!!!

You have never walked around Canada LOL!! Glad you found the cute soap LOL!!!!!! I still say they need more hockey stuff around there LOL!!

Awww your picture with Marie is too cute!!!!!!!!

Okay....two more updates...and still no proposal...what are you trying to do to me Jess....LOL!!!
Oh you know it...I clean fish tanks in go-go boots!
Yes...no proposal yet! Within the next 2 updates you will get your proposal
WHY did you do it? 2010
Old 01-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #82
oOJulieOo
Mouseketeer

Those soaps are hilarious!

So funny that the little girl just plopped down on Aurora's lap.

That slush sounds FAB!
Old 01-12-2011, 07:04 AM   #83
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Yum! You know I love those Grand Marnier slushies! Blake's Goofy picture is too funny!
Old 01-12-2011, 07:23 AM   #84
kschafer
DIS Veteran

I'm guessing you are on your way to Norway for school bread! (That's where I'd be heading )

Jess, I'm TRYING very hard to slow down and enjoy your TR but I'm too anxious for the big moment!!! Please get there fast so I can enjoy the rest!!!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 01-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #85
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOJulieOo View Post
Those soaps are hilarious!

So funny that the little girl just plopped down on Aurora's lap.

That slush sounds FAB!
Oh the slush is awesome! They have a Lemon Grey Goose one too, but I am very partial to the GM..yum yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Yum! You know I love those Grand Marnier slushies! Blake's Goofy picture is too funny!
He's a dork, but I guess we all love our own dork right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
I'm guessing you are on your way to Norway for school bread! (That's where I'd be heading )

Jess, I'm TRYING very hard to slow down and enjoy your TR but I'm too anxious for the big moment!!! Please get there fast so I can enjoy the rest!!!
You know I have never tried school bread Katie? I wrote it down to try for this trip and it just didn't happen! Oh my gosh, you all...sheesh! I'm glad it happened on our first trip day and not our last now!
WHY did you do it? 2010
Old 01-12-2011, 08:13 PM   #86
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

We were off to get a snack in………

Mexico!

Now we have eaten at San Angel a few years ago, but Blake decided he was seriously in the mood for some Mexican food. I tried to tell him we can get Mexican food anywhere, but he got his craving for it and wouldn’t have it any other way. We always joke that in a past life both of us had to have been from Latin America or Mexico because if allowed, we could probably get tacos, or burritos or fajitas every other day.

So, we stopped in at the Cantina de San Angel. Never tried this one, and I heard on the boards that they changed the menu. I remember one post in particular saying “$10 for 3 little tacos” and that of course if what Blake wanted. But I grabbed his arm and told him to hang on a second and when I pointed them out to him, they were TINY, so he immediately switched to the nachos, which were $2 cheaper and not only HUGE, but were really very good!

They had a ton of toppings on them and just tasted great. We paid OOP for these because we didn’t need a dessert and already had those extra waters from breakfast at Pop.

Blake caught me.

I yelled at him for feeding a red corn tortilla chip to the bird. Poor bird.

Now as we were finding a seat, this..I'm guessing now that I think back, he didn't know very good english, we had our tray in hand and see that this man and the rest of his family are getting up and we said, "Are you done?" and he said "No" But keeps getting up. So we ask again "Are you not done?" We get another "No" but he continues to round the corner around the trash can....one more time "You're not done...?" "No." But then he leaves.
Blake and I kinda looked at each other and laughed and then sat down because he never came back...I guess he wasn't done

Gone! Boy were they yummy!

The breeze was great, just sitting under the patio and I sat down and updated my TR in my book.

When we were finished, we headed off to

the Mexico pavilion

to do the boat ride in there and looked at the wooden carved art. I love them, they are so bright and pretty, but man are they expensive!

Inside the ride.

Not one of my favorites, but it was nice since the line was non-existant.

We got off and headed back toward FW and listened to the Gospel singers for a second when they came out. Very fun! They were all dressed in their xmas gear and just looked like they were having a blast on this pretty day.

Oh oh…let me back up. Today was the day I was supposed to be meeting up with my friend Ann! I had got a text that morning saying she would be here around 2-3pm, after initially saying she would be there all day to hang out. At this point, she texts me and says, she’s running errands and won’t be there until about 6pm. Man, I was mad, but tried not to let it bother me, as I knew with ADR’s scheduled for tomorrow (Friday) and that being her only other option to hang out, today would be the best day for us. Oh well.

So we headed toward Soarin. Now yes, I was a little nervous, but I’ve heard good things about this ride. I took some pictures of the entrance, pretty, love the lights

and pulled out my fastpasses.

I sat down, buckled myself in and as soon as it went up, the vertigo hit me, I felt like I was on an airplane as it swayed back and forth, I ended up spending the whole time with my face in Blake’s arm, with my eyes closed, breathing really hard but slow trying not to throw up.

It was horrible.

I have NEVER felt anything like that before. As soon as it lowered me down, I unbuckled my belt, put my head in my lap and started to cry, just happy to be back on the ground.

Now, I’m glad I did it, as Blake really wanted to try it out, but NEVER AGAIN.

Gosh.

Blake said, ok “cross that one off the list”…..

as we exited, I took a bench and the nachos hit Blake, so he went to use the restroom. It was 3pm at this point as I glanced at my watch while I updated my TR.
WHY did you do it? 2010
Old 01-12-2011, 08:14 PM   #87
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous post.

Next, something a bit more familiar and smoother I think.

We walked next door to The Seas.

We waited, but the ride was broken, and didn’t get started back up after about 15 minutes, so since we’re both biologists and really are there for just the fish tanks (hey, it’s what I do for a living) I figured I could live without the actual ride this trip.

Jellies

I loved the eel tank! Snowflakes and Zebra eels…so pretty!

Seahorses

Biggest Frogspawn ever! Blake put his hand up for the comparison.

We went upstairs and looking at the big aquarium

These are the fake coral pieces we scrub at work, just on a larger scale

found the manatees who were busy just floating around eating their lettuce.

We played a game, on the “expert level” and I’m happy to announce..

We know our stuff.

We must have spent a good hour in there. We love fish. I mean we're both bioloists, we love to fish, we have fish tanks.
It's just us.
It was a perfect way to spend the afternoon.

After a few more pictures and browsing the gift shop, it was time to walk back toward WS….ready with our dinner spot already picked out....and maybe, just maybe have a little magic happen as well
WHY did you do it? 2010
Old 01-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #88
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Does that last sentence mean what I think it means LOL!! Will we have a proposal soon cuz I'm dying here Jess LOL!!!! I want to squeal in delight with you!!!!!

Another wonderful update! Those nachos do look yummy!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 01-13-2011, 06:54 AM   #89
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Those nachos look seriously good!!!

Oh, Jess, I am so sorry you didn't enjoy Soarin'.

Thank goodness you were able to recuperate at the Seas. So much fun, and of course you achieved expert level -- I wouldn't expect anything less.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: