Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
gwearne
Earning My Ears

Can you Upgrade a Park Hopper ticket at Disneyland gate

Hi,

New to the forum, so I hope I have posted in the correct place.

We will be purchasing a Southern California City pass shortly which includes a 3 Day Disneyland Park Hopper Ticket.

My question is, if after 2 days we want more than the 3 days, can these tickets be upgraded to a 4/5 or 6 day Park Hopper ticket at the gate?

And if they can do Disney just charge the price difference between a 3 day pass and a 5 day pass (if we decide to upgrade to 5 day pass ), or is there a surcharge to upgrade tickets at Disneyland.

I did email Disney but they came back with a cryptic response, which sort said yes and sort of said no, and to ask when we get there, however this will be to late.

Any advice would be appreciated.
gwearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:09 PM   #2
Flitterific
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwearne View Post
Hi,

New to the forum, so I hope I have posted in the correct place.

We will be purchasing a Southern California City pass shortly which includes a 3 Day Disneyland Park Hopper Ticket.

My question is, if after 2 days we want more than the 3 days, can these tickets be upgraded to a 4/5 or 6 day Park Hopper ticket at the gate?

And if they can do Disney just charge the price difference between a 3 day pass and a 5 day pass (if we decide to upgrade to 5 day pass ), or is there a surcharge to upgrade tickets at Disneyland.

I did email Disney but they came back with a cryptic response, which sort said yes and sort of said no, and to ask when we get there, however this will be to late.

Any advice would be appreciated.
First of all, welcome to the DIS boards! You may certainly upgrade your tickets at the ticket booths at Disneyland. There is no surcharge to upgrade your tickets but you will need to upgrade them by the last day that the ticket is effective (i.e. you must upgrade before they close on the 3rd day of your 3 day park hopper). Have an awesome trip!

Me (27) & DBF (27)

Disneyland: Summer 1992, August 2007, May 2009 (GCH), August 2009 (FFI), December 2009 (HoJo), May 2010 (HoJo), August 2010 (HoJo), October 2010 (HoJo), November 2010 (HoJo), January 2011 (HoJo), May 2011 (HoJo), September 2011 (day trip), July 2012 (offsite), September 2012 (offsite), December 2012 (HoJo)
Flitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2010, 09:59 AM   #3
kesmom
Earning My Ears

This is what we plan on doing as well. Everything i've read online says yes you can do that as long as its done before they close on the last day of your ticket.
kesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
AMouse&ADream
Earning My Ears

Keep in mind that you will likely pay the difference between the gate price of the upgraded ticket and what you paid for your 3-day park hopper. For instance, if you buy your 3-day park hopper with some special discount, that discount will evaporate when you upgrade because you'll pay the difference in what you paid vs. the upgrade, not in the gate price of each ticket.

I've heard of instances of them charging only the difference of the gate price of the two tickets, but I wouldn't count on it.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:54 PM   #5
gwearne
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone for your advice.

I was hoping we would have the option to upgrade, the Southern California City Pass seems to be great value, even if we lost some of the savings if we upgraded we would still be in front.
gwearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:25 AM   #6
TheColtonsMom
DIS Veteran

We are planning on doing this too as the plane turned out to be cheaper if we flew a day later and after discussing the possibility of a day off during our trip DH and I decided once there the temptation would be too great staying on site and we would just have to go for 4 days instead of 3 oh the torture!
TheColtonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: