Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2010, 09:36 AM   #16
Princess SarahK
DIS Veteran

Hey girl! Everything looks so awesome! Congrats to you!!! I actually live in Katy and a TON of my friends are Aggies too! All these places youre mentioning I know of and am getting so excited..weird, I know. So where exactly is the reception at? The photos look great! We looked at places here in Houston but nothing gave me the warm fuzzies like Disney. Im glad you found a place and are getting your Disneymoon! Keep us updated, youre doing awesome so far! And you dont have that much longer to go! 6-ish months, right?!? Eeeek! Loving it all, keep it comin!

Princess SarahK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:20 AM   #17
DHSsenior007
Tears up when she watches the Disney Vacation Planning video
Likes to get "Disnified"
Tag Wars, Episode I: The Changing of MonorailDude's Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess SarahK View Post
Hey girl! Everything looks so awesome! Congrats to you!!! I actually live in Katy and a TON of my friends are Aggies too! All these places youre mentioning I know of and am getting so excited..weird, I know. So where exactly is the reception at? The photos look great! We looked at places here in Houston but nothing gave me the warm fuzzies like Disney. Im glad you found a place and are getting your Disneymoon! Keep us updated, youre doing awesome so far! And you dont have that much longer to go! 6-ish months, right?!? Eeeek! Loving it all, keep it comin!
Hey! And the reception is at Amerigo's Grille (yes, with an 'e.' They're fancy!), located in the Woodlands. Glad so many of your friends are Aggies, we're a pretty cool bunch if I do say so myself! haha anyway...

And thanks so much! I know what you mean, there is this little part of me that still dreams of a Disney wedding... like maybe David Tutera would show up and just surprise me with it. Oh well... Matt said we could have a vow renewal there at some point way, way in the future, though, so I can still dream!

Yup, less than 6 months! It's so exciting and it seems so close but yet so far at the same time. Especially when I think about all the things (wedding and non-wedding related) that have to happen... yikes! But I'm glad you're enjoying my ramblings haha! I'll have to check out your PJ!
DHSsenior007 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #18
DHSsenior007
Likes to get "Disnified"

BM Dresses

I am having 4 BMs and two of them go to A&M with me, the third (Matt's sister) lives in Austin, and the fourth lives in the Houston area. So we made a semi-weekend out of BM dress shopping and it was tons of fun!

On Friday, 3 of the girls & I drove to my parents' house and had a fun, girly evening (much to my father's chagrin) watching Say Yes to the Dress and David Tutera. On Saturday, the four of us, along with my mom, drove down to the David's Bridal and met the fourth BM there.

I had already picked the color already-- Wisteria

And we knew we wanted knee length dresses. Other than that, I was going to let each girl pick what she wanted; no need to match! But, as it worked out, they all got the same one! Which one? Glad you asked!

Obviously not in these colors. The girl on the left is Matt's sister and the one on the right is my good friend and MOH.

Not only is the dress really comfy, but it has pockets! And it also has some nice detail on the back...

So it was a very easy process. I think it took all of an hour! But it was a fun trip & it was good for all the girls to get to know each other.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #19
DHSsenior007
Likes to get "Disnified"

Food!

Sorry I haven't updated in a bit-- I'll blame it on finals! But after tomorrow I'll be done for the semester. One more semester to go!!! Then grad school, but hey, that's a long way off

I figured since this post is also about planning our WDW Honeymoon, I could talk about our dining reservations! I know there has been a lot of talk on the boards about the declining food quality in the past several years, mostly attributed to the DDP, but going to the restaurants is just part of Disney World to me. So, at our 180 days out from arrival, I called bright and early and got all of our amazing ressies made!! We are not going on the DDP because it didn't make sense for us, so instead we're paying OOP food. Thus, most of our ressies are at lunch-- it's cheaper and then frees us up in the afternoon/evening when the weather gets warmer!

We arrive on Sunday and the plan is to go eating and drinking around the world that evening. We have some ideas for good drinks to get, but do any of you girls have any suggestions??? Definitely would love to get some recommendations!

For Monday, we are booked for 12 noon at Restaurant Marrakesh. We went here last time we went to WDW and both really liked it, so we decided to try it again. Though now I'm wondering about the other WS restaurants. I don't think I've eaten at the TS in France... hmmm... ideas?

Tuesday- the plan is to eat lunch at the Sci-Fi. We really like the environment here, and get to snuggle up in a booth and watch cheesy film clips. Sounds good to me!

Wednesday- breakfast at Kona Cafe! Despite all of my trips to WDW, I have never had the Tonga Toast! So we will be correcting that and I am very excited!

Thursday- dinner at California Grill. This is probably the ressie I'm most excited about! When I was younger, my mom and I went on a trip just the two of us and I remember having the best table in the house at CG and watching the fireworks over MK. It was a really relaxing moment and I can't wait to do that with Matt. Plus the food will be amazing!

Friday- lunch at Tusker House-- got them in the time frame to have reserved seating for the Finding Nemo show. We did this last trip and both of us really liked it; Matt actually talked about it more than the other places we ate at.

Saturday- sadly the day we leave, but the plan will be to eat at Beaches 'n Cream. I just love the environment there

So, there you have our dining list! Any suggestions on alternatives for lunch at a table service in World Showcase? What about drink suggestions??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: