Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
CyberFey
Mouseketeer

Unhappy Have you had a nightmare? Or am I crazy?

Okay. I know most brides have wedding nightmares. The flowers didn't show, your face breaks out, etc. etc.

But last night I had a honeymoon nightmare!!

We were upgraded to Wilderness Lodge instead of POP, which was great, but we slept in until 9 am and missed our ADR for breakfast. Then we were told since we missed that one we couldn't go to any of the other ones I had planned. We couldn't find a place to eat at all. We took a tram like thing to the wrong kingdom, lost all our luggage (even though we drove), and got lost in the park when we tried to get back to the hotel. I was standing in the middle of Animal Kingdom crying, "I'm not having a magical day!!!" All that planning messed up...

But I woke up and realized I'm still cozy in my bed.

Has anyone else had a Disney nightmare? I think I need to back off the planning a bit!
CyberFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
wendy1974
DIS Veteran

You're not alone There have been a few threads over the years on that subject. I haven't had one in a while but I used to have them before every trip. The recurring one was I was in Magic Kingdom and couldn't get to any of the rides I wanted to, no matter where I turned. Or, if I made it to Splash Mountain it was floating blow up rafts instead of boats you had to go down on
wendy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2010, 12:49 PM   #3
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I had lots of them before our trip in December last year! I think mostly because I was doing ALL of the planning for 6 adults and feeling a lot of pressure to make it a "perfect" trip. I remember dreams where we were there for days and days and we could never get into the parks for one reason or another, and one where we realized on the last day that we had forgotten to take one single picture of the entire trip! It ended up being an AMAZING trip, so don't worry about your honeymoon. It will be fantastic!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:53 PM   #4
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

I have them all of the time. Whether I'm staying at WDW or cruising, I've had them. I've gone from leaving for the airport and forgetting to pack, oversleeping, the car breaks down, oversleeping at the resort and never getting to any of the parks.

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:53 PM   #5
FutureDis
Mouseketeer

Oh my yes! I had one 2 nights ago. I'm planning our mother / daughter trip for the end of January. In my dream, we got to the parks and mom and I split up, doing our own thing by ourselves, etc. I found myself standing in a long line and thinking to myself "This is NOT how it's supposed to be!!! Mom and I are supposed to be TOGETHER! Standing in line, enjoying each other's company, TOGETHER!!" I was almost crying.... then I woke up.

Hate Disney nightmares.
FutureDis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #6
PSUGuy
Bill From PA

Right before every major vacation, for us it's WDW or Myrtle Beach, I get the same dream. If it's Disney, I'm 3 days from the end of our trip, we haven't been to any park even once, haven't done squat and we're just aimlessly wandering from park to park. If it's Myrtle, same deal, we're near the end, haven't golfed, gone pub crawling, never even been in the ocean. I only get this once, when I wake up I'm relieved and I know the day of departure is drawing near, and this nightmare makes me preview my 'Must Do' list to be sure this doesn't actually happen.

Bill From PA
Old 12-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #7
TiggeRx
Mouseketeer

Sleeping in until 9am is completely acceptable on your honeymoon
TiggeRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #8
aprestwich
Mouseketeer

Never had a Disney nightmare, but I've had the forgetting to pack one frequently when we plan a trip. Sometimes, it's months in advance of actually going.

Andrew
aprestwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:12 PM   #9
CyberFey
Mouseketeer

Aww, you guys are awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy1974 View Post
You're not alone There have been a few threads over the years on that subject. I haven't had one in a while but I used to have them before every trip. The recurring one was I was in Magic Kingdom and couldn't get to any of the rides I wanted to, no matter where I turned. Or, if I made it to Splash Mountain it was floating blow up rafts instead of boats you had to go down on
Eeap! A blow up raft would not be cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I had lots of them before our trip in December last year! I think mostly because I was doing ALL of the planning for 6 adults and feeling a lot of pressure to make it a "perfect" trip. I remember dreams where we were there for days and days and we could never get into the parks for one reason or another, and one where we realized on the last day that we had forgotten to take one single picture of the entire trip! It ended up being an AMAZING trip, so don't worry about your honeymoon. It will be fantastic!
I too am alone in the planning. I love my fiance, but every time I ask him he's like, "whatever you want to do!" I'd hate not taking pictures! Thanks, I'm hoping so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureDis View Post
Oh my yes! I had one 2 nights ago. I'm planning our mother / daughter trip for the end of January. In my dream, we got to the parks and mom and I split up, doing our own thing by ourselves, etc. I found myself standing in a long line and thinking to myself "This is NOT how it's supposed to be!!! Mom and I are supposed to be TOGETHER! Standing in line, enjoying each other's company, TOGETHER!!" I was almost crying.... then I woke up.

Hate Disney nightmares.
Oh that's awful! I'd hate to be separated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUGuy View Post
Right before every major vacation, for us it's WDW or Myrtle Beach, I get the same dream. If it's Disney, I'm 3 days from the end of our trip, we haven't been to any park even once, haven't done squat and we're just aimlessly wandering from park to park. If it's Myrtle, same deal, we're near the end, haven't golfed, gone pub crawling, never even been in the ocean. I only get this once, when I wake up I'm relieved and I know the day of departure is drawing near, and this nightmare makes me preview my 'Must Do' list to be sure this doesn't actually happen.

Bill From PA
Good idea! I'm definitely checking over my list with DFi when he gets home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggeRx View Post
Sleeping in until 9am is completely acceptable on your honeymoon
LOL, I might. Especially after MK's EMH that ends at 2 am! That's our first day. I might have to plan sleep time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprestwich View Post
Never had a Disney nightmare, but I've had the forgetting to pack one frequently when we plan a trip. Sometimes, it's months in advance of actually going.

Andrew
Our trip won't be until April. I'm really hoping this is the first and last nightmare!

Thanks guys. I knew that this would be the place I wouldn't feel so crazy and alone. The DISers are the best!
Old 12-02-2010, 01:19 PM   #10
xipetotec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberFey View Post
Okay. I know most brides have wedding nightmares. The flowers didn't show, your face breaks out, etc. etc.

But last night I had a honeymoon nightmare!!

We were upgraded to Wilderness Lodge instead of POP, which was great, but we slept in until 9 am and missed our ADR for breakfast. Then we were told since we missed that one we couldn't go to any of the other ones I had planned. We couldn't find a place to eat at all. We took a tram like thing to the wrong kingdom, lost all our luggage (even though we drove), and got lost in the park when we tried to get back to the hotel. I was standing in the middle of Animal Kingdom crying, "I'm not having a magical day!!!" All that planning messed up...

But I woke up and realized I'm still cozy in my bed.

Has anyone else had a Disney nightmare? I think I need to back off the planning a bit!
omg every time leading up to a trip. That's the one reason it's good I only get down every two years! I have dreams that things keep happening and we won't make it out to a park on this day, then we do something else on that day, and before I know it, I've hardly even been in the parks at all and it's time to leave!!!

xipetotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #11
Sassagoula Billy
Life is...

Oh I've had my share of Disney nightmares all right. Only I wasn't asleep!
Old 12-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #12
GoldieSaysMeep
DIS Veteran

My only Disney nightmares involve having really loud, obnoxious neighbors and not being able to escape them, because this happened to me once at CSR.

I was just in WDW for my own honeymoon earlier this month. Can I suggest that you not overplan your honeymoon? No offense, but I was kind of horrified when I read that "9 AM" was "oversleeping" …

Seriously, DH & I only made one ADR (for CRT) the whole week and we ate everywhere we wanted and never once did we get out of bed before 10 am No way either of us wanted to get up at the crack of dawn on our honeymoon. Early breakfast ADRs were a no no for us too.

We managed to do everything in the parks we wanted to do and still have plenty of time to just relax, take in watching a Bruins game from ESPN club, get a spa treatment at GF, meet up with my aunt & uncle (who weren't able to make it to the wedding) for lunch one afternoon, and eat everyplace we wanted to eat, swim in Stormalong Bay, watch Illuminations from our balcony and take in the food & wine fest.

We ate at CRT, Shula's (DH favorite), Big River Brew Co. (my aunt's favorite), San Angel Inn (my favorite), ESPN, T-Rex, Boma and so many food & wine booths I can't remember them all… CRT was the only ADR we had. The only place we tried to eat at and couldn't get in was Yachtsman Steakhouse… I called to see if they had availability and they did not and we had a really specific time we wanted to go (9 pm) so we just went to Shula's instead. No big deal, both are equally good.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:41 PM   #13
xipetotec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldieSaysMeep View Post
My only Disney nightmares involve having really loud, obnoxious neighbors and not being able to escape them, because this happened to me once at CSR.

I was just in WDW for my own honeymoon earlier this month. Can I suggest that you not overplan your honeymoon? No offense, but I was kind of horrified when I read that "9 AM" was "oversleeping" …

Seriously, DH & I only made one ADR (for CRT) the whole week and we ate everywhere we wanted and never once did we get out of bed before 10 am No way either of us wanted to get up at the crack of dawn on our honeymoon. Early breakfast ADRs were a no no for us too.

We managed to do everything in the parks we wanted to do and still have plenty of time to just relax, take in watching a Bruins game from ESPN club, get a spa treatment at GF, meet up with my aunt & uncle (who weren't able to make it to the wedding) for lunch one afternoon, and eat everyplace we wanted to eat, swim in Stormalong Bay, watch Illuminations from our balcony and take in the food & wine fest.

We ate at CRT, Shula's (DH favorite), Big River Brew Co. (my aunt's favorite), San Angel Inn (my favorite), ESPN, T-Rex, Boma and so many food & wine booths I can't remember them all… CRT was the only ADR we had. The only place we tried to eat at and couldn't get in was Yachtsman Steakhouse… I called to see if they had availability and they did not and we had a really specific time we wanted to go (9 pm) so we just went to Shula's instead. No big deal, both are equally good.
I think there is some merit to both sides here. I agree that "taking it easy" can make a great trip. We once went down, just DW and I ( left the kids at home ) and sure enough took it easy. But I'll also say that when you don't have kids with you, there are less attractions you might "want to see" ( when you say you saw everything ). Also, it's much easier to get in without ADR's when you are just two. When we were down, we tried to just get into Crystal Palace, and at first, they told us no we needed an ADR. But while we were outside, wondering where to eat ( cause we didn't want "fast food" ), the hostess came out and offered us a table ...

Considering the OP was indeed asking about a honeymoon though, this should work out in their favor

Old 12-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #14
CyberFey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldieSaysMeep View Post

No offense taken. DFi and I are kinda early risers (usually out of bed by 7 on our days off and I get up at 4:30 on days I work), so 10 would feel pretty late for us! I'm trying not to overplan, as DFi is a "when we get there" kinda guy, but as it's our first time (and probably won't be back for 4-5 years) there's so much I want to do that I don't want to miss anything if I can help it. It's almost more a vacation than honeymoon, since we've lived together for 3 years now. There's not the "yay! Alone time! OMG EXCITED!" Instead we're "OMG DISNEY! NO KID?! WOOHOO!"

So I'm not sure how much relaxing we'll be doing. Just a reconnection and enjoying each other's company without worrying about money or a child. I'm definitely open to canceling ADRs if we get there and feel it's just not our thing. (Except Akershus, I don't wanna pay the cancellation fee!)

I will take your suggestion to heart and try to go with the flow. I know nobody likes to vacation with the crazy cruise director.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipetotec View Post
I think there is some merit to both sides here. I agree that "taking it easy" can make a great trip. We once went down, just DW and I ( left the kids at home ) and sure enough took it easy. But I'll also say that when you don't have kids with you, there are less attractions you might "want to see" ( when you say you saw everything ). Also, it's much easier to get in without ADR's when you are just two. When we were down, we tried to just get into Crystal Palace, and at first, they told us no we needed an ADR. But while we were outside, wondering where to eat ( cause we didn't want "fast food" ), the hostess came out and offered us a table ...

Considering the OP was indeed asking about a honeymoon though, this should work out in their favor
As far as attractions go, there are certainly some we won't be going to since our kiddo isn't with us. Like I love Winnie the Pooh, but we won't be doing any of it. Playhouse disney and stuff like that are certain nos. Stuff like Pirates and Lilo & Stitch and EPCOT, ooooh yeah. I think I was more worried about getting the most bang for my buck with the DlxDP and making sure I had somewhere to eat. DFi and I LOVE food (Food Network, Top Chef, Iron Chef, etc. etc.), so the restaurants and food types are the most exciting thing for us. There isn't much in Oklahoma.

And since I already know he won't ride things like EE or RnRc (me: , him: ), I have to find all the tame stuff.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:22 PM   #15
xipetotec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberFey View Post
As far as attractions go, there are certainly some we won't be going to since our kiddo isn't with us. Like I love Winnie the Pooh, but we won't be doing any of it. Playhouse disney and stuff like that are certain nos. Stuff like Pirates and Lilo & Stitch and EPCOT, ooooh yeah. I think I was more worried about getting the most bang for my buck with the DlxDP and making sure I had somewhere to eat. DFi and I LOVE food (Food Network, Top Chef, Iron Chef, etc. etc.), so the restaurants and food types are the most exciting thing for us. There isn't much in Oklahoma.

And since I already know he won't ride things like EE or RnRc (me: , him: ), I have to find all the tame stuff.
Oh for sure on food. We're big Food Network fans too... And yet... we SOMEHOW missed out on Kouzzina on our last trip... But had so many other great dining experiences. We love WDW for the food as much as for the attractions... We'll be doing our first DL trip this March and I've been reading up on restaurants like crazy cause I have ZERO idea where we should eat for the ONLY TWO days we'll be there!

Tags
nightmare, planning

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: