Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2011, 07:45 AM   #901
pinkpixie0920
Mouseketeer

I loved this TR!! I'm sad it is over but can not even wait to hear all about the Dismoms in May!!!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:29 AM   #902
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Ellen make sure you give me a Head's Up when you do your next!!!!!
I promise, Rosie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Best Western Lakeside.

Well, we should all put it on the never, never list!

Would love it...if it really costs what they say then we will seriously consider it, but I can't believe they would give us full credit for our used passes that we used on weekends towards a weekday pass... would be way cool though!

I have never understood that whole thing, but I know alot of wheeling and dealing goes on where passes are concerned!! I am amazed at what some people are able to do trading up their passes. Good luck!

Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss 'em for the world, and I'll actively participate in them whenever I can!

Thanks! So happy to hear it!

Well hopefully I can help create some of those shenanigans May 15!

ABSOLUTELY!!

Hear, hear!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Count me in! You keep writing 'em, I'll keep reading 'em!
I'm so glad!! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Ellen,
I loved your trip report. Thanks thanks thanks for all of your great advice and all of the fun information that I hope to use on future cruises. All the best to you and your family. I would do cartwheels (well, maybe after a few margaritas!) if we were on another cruise together in the future.

Beth
Beth- it was so nice to meet you on our cruise, and to spend SO much time in Palo with you!! I hope we do see each other again on one- there's always May 6th... Kara will be booking our cabin one week from this Saturday!! I can't wait to add that to my ticker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpixie0920 View Post
I loved this TR!! I'm sad it is over but can not even wait to hear all about the Dismoms in May!!!
Thank-you so much!! I am thrilled you enjoyed it and I'll be looking for you in our May trippie- if you're bored in the meantime, I have a slew of TRs from other trips...the links are at the bottom of my sig....
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #903
manntra
DIS Veteran

I am thinking that you should be doing a PTR for May

Tracy
Old 03-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #904
podsnel

PODS SAID YES!!!!!! Timmy & I are going to WDW 2 weeks from tomorrow for 3 nights at SSR!!!! Happy Birthday Timmy!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2011, 05:08 PM   #905
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Ugh! Lucky!!!

Soooo many people at my school are taking advantage of the "not-attached-to-Easter" Spring break this year....mostly teachers! I'm so excited for you and Timmy!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #906
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Ugh! Lucky!!!

Soooo many people at my school are taking advantage of the "not-attached-to-Easter" Spring break this year....mostly teachers! I'm so excited for you and Timmy!
I feel VERY lucky!! We usually go to OBX (or at least we have the past 2 years) because flying anywhere around Passover/Easter is INSANE! I love that vacation- but this year, all the families are doing other things, because the 2 main families that started the whole trip are going on Allure of the Seas. So then I thought I would just take the boys to Washington DC for a couple of days- well, hotel rooms are at a premium because of the Cherry Blossom Festival....and it dawned on me that maybe the cheapest place for us to go would be WDW, because we already have the points. OMG, I soooooooooo love my DVC!!! If Tyler could have gone, we would have flown out of Atlantic City- Spirit Air has flights for $49 each way!! All three of us could have gone for $406!!! But...Tyler made the travel team for baseball (the one that is replacing the middle school team) and he HAS to be at the practices...Timmy was already commited to playing games on the weekends for his travel baseball, so it only left the weekdays- we are going Monday morning and coming home on the last plane on Thursday night! I have promised to eat counter service to save $$, although we are going to one TS dinner- because it's Timmy's Bday on the 19th, so I really want them to fuss over him. I made an ADR at Kona Cafe...but who knows if i'll change that 100 times before we go!! I figure we can take advantage of DTD staying at SSR, and eat as often as possible at EOS & we'll get to try that breakfast pizza at WPE.

Well...I have to say, I have some very, very sweet sons. I had not mentioned a thing about any of this the past couple of weeks when I was investigating it, and then it became clear Tyler could not go anyway. But yesterday I asked Tyler if he would mind if Timmy & I went to WDW for a few days while he was at baseball practice. He said, "No, i wouldn't mind- it's only for a few days, and I'll go another time. Have fun!"
And then I asked Timmy if he would want to go to WDW with just me...he got the sweetest smile on his face and he sadi "Sure! I would like to go to Disney with you!" When I asked him where he wanted to have his birthday dinner he said, "You pick- I'm good with anything!" Could it BE any better than that??
Old 03-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #907
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

You have such sweet sons. I think it is great they are willing to travel without one another and to support one another's happiness when they cannot travel due to other committments.

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:53 AM   #908
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
You have such sweet sons. I think it is great they are willing to travel without one another and to support one another's happiness when they cannot travel due to other committments.
Thanks so much- I agree, I am very happy with their behavior! Especially Tyler- he is being so selfless & thoughtful!
Old 03-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #909
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Hey that's awesome...we were going to go to DHS this weekend but we held off until April...Would have loved to run into you and Timmy but if it's the weekend of 4/2 and 4/3 we can't make it over there cause Savannah has dance stuff going on! I think pretty much the only time we can go in April is the 10th because of dance competitions and baseball (busy busy lol). Our passes are blocked out Easter Week (Spring Break, we must be the only county in FL still dong it around Easter).

Have a BLAST! Sounds awesome!!!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #910
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

that is awesome that Tyler was so good about letting his brother go. I feel for him. I had to stay home one year when my family went because of track practice (this will be sooooo much funnier when you see me run in May---and of course we will have to run someplace ) Have a great time and how could you not pass up that airfare.

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #911
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

That's AWESOME Ellen !!!You and Timmy will have a BALL!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #912
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Oh what wonderful sons that you have! Plus a great DH, don't foget that! Counter service meals don't sound too bad, the maim thing is being in Disney!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:43 AM   #913
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Why, oh why am I always playing catchup here?

But this time I finally made it to the end - great last day and I just love that you get to go again so soon and then in May again! (Actually being selfish here - 2 more trip reports for me! )

Thanks for the trip reports, Ellen! I really REALLY LOVE them!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:33 AM   #914
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Oh, wonderful news about the new trip!! I hope this will mean a new trip report for us!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:33 AM   #915
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Hey that's awesome...we were going to go to DHS this weekend but we held off until April...Would have loved to run into you and Timmy but if it's the weekend of 4/2 and 4/3 we can't make it over there cause Savannah has dance stuff going on! I think pretty much the only time we can go in April is the 10th because of dance competitions and baseball (busy busy lol). Our passes are blocked out Easter Week (Spring Break, we must be the only county in FL still dong it around Easter).

Have a BLAST! Sounds awesome!!!
Well...we are there Monday to Thursday night, so that wouldn't have worked anyway. Timmy has baseball games on the weekends, Tyler has baseball practice Mon-Thurs. Kids' activities make it difficult to do ANYTHING anymore! ANd next year Tyler will be in High School, so it will be even more challenging then. I know it sounds crazy that Tyler is missing a Disney trip for PRACTICE, but practice actually begins that week and the team is kind of a big deal- it replaces the Middle School teams, which we lost this year due to budget cuts. So he really understands why he isn't coming, he's very happy to be on this team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
that is awesome that Tyler was so good about letting his brother go. I feel for him. I had to stay home one year when my family went because of track practice (this will be sooooo much funnier when you see me run in May---and of course we will have to run someplace ) Have a great time and how could you not pass up that airfare.
Well...we ended up taking the plane out of Newark and not AC because it was just two of us- and the AC plane would have had us in WDW about 1 1/2 days less arriving late the first night and leaving VERY early Thursday morning. When you factor in paying for a suitcase and driving 2 hours each way, it wasn't that much more for the convenience of Continental out of Newark- which is only 20 minutes from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
That's AWESOME Ellen !!!You and Timmy will have a BALL!!
Thanks, Rosie!! I am so excited to spend one on one time with my youngest!! Especially since I know what's coming soon- his teenage years! I'm hoping he'll do some kid stuff he wouldn't do if Tyler was around- although, they will do anything for Sean, so I guess there are still a few more rides on Dumbo in my future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Oh what wonderful sons that you have! Plus a great DH, don't foget that! Counter service meals don't sound too bad, the maim thing is being in Disney!
EXACTLY!!! I am VERY happy with Pods, too- I should definitely recognize that fact! Not that much fun to be around here for tax season, and he knows that- he also knows that the window is closing- Timmy will be on that same baseball team either next year or the year after....I'm lucky to have a Pods for a DH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Why, oh why am I always playing catchup here?

But this time I finally made it to the end - great last day and I just love that you get to go again so soon and then in May again! (Actually being selfish here - 2 more trip reports for me! )

Thanks for the trip reports, Ellen! I really REALLY LOVE them!
You? Selfish? Well, I suppose you wanting me to go on vacation so you get a couple of TRs is the most selfish you would ever be. I'll TAKE IT!! I'm so, SO glad you love my TRs, Karin! I love all 300 of yours, too!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: