Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #871
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

The END!

We had a little while before we were leaving, so we wandered around DTD until it was time to go. First, we stopped in the Christmas store to pick up an ornament for my cousin, Sheree. I also got a new antennae topper for me, which the CM did not pack. UGH!!! This has happened to me several times in WDW- I really need to be anal about what those kids ringing up my merchandise are doing!!!

OMG, it was soooooo crowded! I guess it is just really crazy here on the weekends?

Next, we went to check out the Harleys, and after waiting 15 minutes for one family to take 500 photos, it was our turn to take one-

Next was Ridemakerz to check out the cool cars-

And then Magic Masters- where Timmy just HAD to get some cards-

It is VERY entertaining in that store! When you see how some of this stuff works, it's kind of like, " OOOOOH! Why didn't I figure that out???" Tim was REALLy excited to have a magic trick to show his friends when he got home-

We went to get some Ice Cream, and although I REALLY wanted to go back to Ghirardelli for that, we were just cutting it too close and Haagen Dazs was right there...so we settled.

Although the sun was bright, it was still awfully chilly, so I passed. Nothing spectacular, the boys just got some cones. And then...it was time to go...

Oh well, all good vacations must come to an end, I suppose! Never makes it any easier to go, though! Bye Bye Disney- I'll see you in May!!

Thanks so much for keeping me company while I relived our cruise....hope you'll follow when I start a new DISmoms TR this May!!

Ellen

podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:53 AM   #872
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Great report as always Ellen. So sad to see it end. But we have the DISMoms report to look forward too. Which is such fun to read.

Thanks for the enjoyable reading!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2011, 08:07 AM   #873
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

Another great report Ellen! Thanks for taking the time to let us live it with you and keeping us amused.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #874
lisadam
Mouseketeer

Thank you!

What an amazing TR. It got me totally psyched for my trip a few weeks ago... I never would have heard about Nachi Cocum - which turned out to be my favorite day of the cruise. I'm still getting all my pictures together - but I may actually do a mini TR.

I'll introduce myself if I see you around Scotch Plains
2001 - 2006 - - 6 stays at the Wilderness Lodge!
2009 - January - Contemporary
2010 - January - Contemporary
2011 - February - Magic - Western
2012 - August - Fantasy - Western
lisadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:28 AM   #875
CherylA
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for your report. My Western on the Magic is still 9 months away so it was nice to get a taste of it ahead of time. It's so great when people finish their reports. I hate being left hanging. You did a great job and I enjoyed every minute of my reading!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:35 AM   #876
tinkmom2
DIS Veteran

I loved every minute of your trip report! It makes the wait for my cruise shorter

Private Meeting with Donald and Friends DCL http://youtu.be/UISHRa8lScM
BBB The Reveal http://youtu.be/AOjMTF9YBtk
tinkmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:53 AM   #877
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Thanks so much for keeping me company while I relived our cruise....hope you'll follow when I start a new DISmoms TR this May!!

Ellen

Why, I think I'll join you on that new TR...... And thank you for giving me all the tips I'll need for my cruise in 18 days!!!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:00 AM   #878
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Did you ever read the Sesame Street Grover story "The Monster at the End of this Book"? If so, that is just how I feel....like I can't possibly turn the page because if I do, it will all be over!

I've really enjoyed reading your report, re-living the trip and seeing the same things from a different perspective. I can't wait to read new ones that you may do, so that I can keep chatting with you!
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #879
disney1474
DIS Veteran

Sad that your TR is over!! Can't wait to read the next one in May! We'll be there May 1st in a grand villa at AKL Jambo House. Can't wait
Thanks again for sharing your pictures and vacation with all of us

DVC MEMBERS AT AKV SINCE MAY 2007
disney1474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #880
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Hey- how was the weekend in WDW? I am jonesin for WDW right now...May seems sooooo far away!
OMG it was AWESOME! It was supposed to POUR all day Sunday and wouldnt you know..not a SINGLE DROP of rain, it was absolutely gorgeous! Saturday was great- Kitchen Sink awesome as always at BC and we spent the whole afternoon, walking the boardwalk and just hanging out on the patio in the rocking chairs (wishing we had our suits when they stopped the carding and wristbands at SAB LOL)

Our room pretty much stunk it was a Hotwire deal and they had over booked the place so we did not get bed choice like we were supposed to, they had no cribs or pack n plays so at nearly midnight we finally had to get the mgr to give us a rollaway (for free normally they are $10). It was supposed to be a 3 star and it was nowhere near that...I'd say 1 1/2 at best. But we didn't let it get us down....

We had an AMAZING day in the park- got everything done (well except HOP and COP) and the good stuff twice (4x each for the kids), had some really good luck (did not -for the first time EVAH-) get soaked on Splash Mtn. both Sarah and Brendan got to star in the Monsters in Laugh Floor (we always have good luck in there, one of us always gets picked..although surprisingly Ron has never been "THAT GUY"...yet...), and we walked right up to a front row parade spot and all of the characters were wishing Sav a happy birthday from the floats (even Cinderella from her coach- how cool!!!) It was awesome. The phone overboard at IASW was the only bummer moment.

We will go to DHS in a couple of weeks or so probably for my BD and then save the last 2 days on our Wild pass for May! (we may...MAY... turn them into weekday passes at that point I think it is only $30/more per ticket so we'll see! Then maybe we can see you again in Nov! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Did you ever read the Sesame Street Grover story "The Monster at the End of this Book"? If so, that is just how I feel....like I can't possibly turn the page because if I do, it will all be over! )
Totally. Maybe that's why I'm dragging my feet so bad on mine!

Quote:
Bye Bye Disney- I'll see you in May!!

I'm gonna take this as a shout out whether you intended it that way or not! What a lovely cruise, indeed! Thanks so much for taking the time to relive our wonderful memories!

Now where's that PTR link..?!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #881
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

i too am very bummed that this is over althought that May trip will have lots of stories to tell I'm guessing.....that is if no one is an Ax murderer...LOL

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #882
NMW
DIS Veteran

Awesome tr as always. We have the same picture of our kids on the motorcycle. Have a great trip in May
Old 03-08-2011, 04:52 PM   #883
WannaBeADisMom
WDW...it's my "happy place"....

So sad to see it all end, but happy that I'll be fortunate enough to be included in your DISmoms report too!

DISmoms Round TWO! Don't Axe, Don't Tell!!;DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits....5/13-5/17/11;
DISmoms 4-The Hunt for Jack Sparrow--Our most recent shenanigans!

WannaBeADisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #884
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

I'm so sad your TR is over. I enjoyed it so much as usual - all the more to look forward to from you DISmoms, and of course Mrs. McSparkelson!
MAGICFOR2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #885
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

It has been a fun ride! I will be looking forward to your next report. It should be a fun one.

One of these days I will hae to do a girl's trip to WDW.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: