Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2011, 11:30 AM   #811
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Vero- Green Cabin Room

Pods & I left the boys to their homework while we went to have a cocktail in the Green Cabin Room, Vero's very cozy, well themed bar that looks at the ocean. Pods was having a beer, I was having this-

So sorry, I have no idea what it was!! While we sat at the bar, we looked at the ocean- to be honest, it made it feel like we were still on the Magic!

The last time we came to VB, we had dined at Shutters and Sonya's...so we thought this time it would be nice to try eating at the Green Cabin room. We were able to snag a table when someone left, and we went back to round up the boys...

Tyler ordered his last smoothie of vacation-

And while we waited for our food, I went outside to take some sunset pics- WOW, was it windy out there!!

For dinner, Pods & I decided to just share some apps- Sampler Platter - two crab cakes, 2 southwestern egg rolls, four chicken wings and spinach and artichoke dip with chips $16.99

Traditional Whole Wheat Flatbreads

Sweet Sausage, caramelized peppers and onions and quattro formaggi $12.99

It was all yummy, and such a huge portion that we couldn't even finish!! Timmy ordered mac & cheese, substituting french fries for fruit- you know, cause he's so health concious and all!

And for Tyler, Grilled CheeseBurger - with bacon and cheddar cheese Housemade potato chips, fruit or coleslaw $8.59

Timmy barely touched his food....I think the day you get off the ship is just too depressing and overwhelming for EVERYONE!!! We used our TIW card and got the discount, then went back to our room to watch a couple of movies together. It was a very low-key night, that's for sure!!

Coming up....our last day....but where will we spend it??? Hmmmmmm......

podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:47 AM   #812
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great Update Ellen !!!! Looks gorgeous !!!!
Thanks, Rosie- I actually was kind of so sad this day, and I think that shows! I think if it had been beach weather, it would have been a perfect day! But, unfortunately, that was not the case, and we were just kind of going through the motions, I guess.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2011, 12:05 PM   #813
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

great way to spend the last day of a vacay.

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #814
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

What a nice relaxing day. And Vero is so beautiful. We loved it there.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #815
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Wink RE: departure day...

....I agree as well - they oughta hand ya a mcmuffin at Customs.

Now if they will just hand me a Mcmuffin and a Guiness on June19th at Customs....
(got a music pub crawl slated for june 17th in Dublin....that oughta be fun).

P.S. nice pics of Vero!!

T.T.F.N.
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; CHRISTMAS / NYE 2014
MY "ADVENTURES N WALT DISNEY WORLD & NASSAU BAHAMAS OVeR CHRISTMAS /NYE 2015" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT

Last edited by knewton64; 02-19-2011 at 05:42 PM.
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:06 PM   #816
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

It is so sad to be kicked off the ship.

Your Vero day does look relaxing, even if it was a downer. I hate being kicked off, then hustled to the airport for TSA, etc. It makes you feel like you are either waking up from a really nice dream, or having a nightmare now,
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:53 PM   #817
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

ohh that drink looks gREAT, almost like an adult shirley temple LOL

Food looks yummy (again that darn diet)
Old 02-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #818
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
great way to spend the last day of a vacay.
It was ok- I like Vero, it's very pretty, although it's also so low-key. I think it is AWESOME for smaller kids- there were always activities going on for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
What a nice relaxing day. And Vero is so beautiful. We loved it there.
How long did you go for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post
....I agree as well - they oughta hand ya a mcmuffin at Customs.

Now if they will just hand me a Mcmuffin and a Guiness on June19th at Customs....
(got a music pub crawl slated for june 17th in Dublin....that oughta be fun).
P.S. nice pics of Vero!!

T.T.F.N.
Ooohhh....Dublin- sounds fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
It is so sad to be kicked off the ship.

Your Vero day does look relaxing, even if it was a downer. I hate being kicked off, then hustled to the airport for TSA, etc. It makes you feel like you are either waking up from a really nice dream, or having a nightmare now,
That is the perfect description of what it must be like- which is why we don't fly home that day. Not sure what I'll do next May yet... On the one hand, I'll be depressed no matter where I end up...on the other, your description of up and out sounds MUCH worse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
ohh that drink looks gREAT, almost like an adult shirley temple LOL

Food looks yummy (again that darn diet)
I think the drink was pomegranate something.... It was pretty good- I switched to Blue Moon after that. And then nothing. My liver needed the break!
Old 02-22-2011, 11:05 AM   #819
bfosbenner
Cherishing each visit

We moved our dummy date to 11/3/2012 that is Jersey Week again. DD may be in field hockey then but states "I'll mis it for a cruise!"
I better record that!
Waited 18 min just to speak to a CM who stated it has been nuts! oftern 30 - 45min wait times.

We added a friends name for DD because I heard that even though the room is booked they run out of places for kids. CM said lifeboat space.

It is a new itinerary eastern with San Juan. Nice since we have only done westerns!

Our other option was for Thanksgiving but $500 ($250 per person )more per stateroom and we have two with DD's guest.

We are also thinking of Hawaii next winter. Hope to stay at Aulani if we can get a room.
bfosbenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #820
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

Wow, Vero looks empty! We're doing what I think I'll call "The Reverse Podsnel" and staying at Vero first, then the Magic Western.

And since I have special status as your own personal stalker/papparazzi, what are the Aulani plans for next year?

I still can't decide whether to try for summer 2012 there (with an extra week at the neighbouring Marriott) or to try for something different. Also not sure how DD would feel having her WDW ration reduced!
2009 WDW @ Poly;
2010 Aboard the Disney Magic (Eastern); August first trip home @ BLT; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2011 AKL Kidani; Vero Beach; Disney Magic (Western); BLT ; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Royal Palms;
2012 Beach Club Villas; Wilderness Lodge; Disney Magic (Eastern); Vero Beach; BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2013 BLT; Disney Fantasy (Eastern); Wilderness Lodge; OKW-BLT; December Marriott's Cypress Harbor;
2014 OKW; Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve; BLT; Wilderness Lodge; Boardwalk; Saratoga Springs; DVC Member Cruise
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #821
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

just got the ap newsletter...we will get to see hermans hermitts in may

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:09 AM   #822
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

We stayed at Vero last September for a night before the Members Cruise. My only complaint was the big sand hill to go up and down from the beach. Especially when my family left me with everything to carry! Plus we have gone down for a day/drink visit when we have visited our friends who live in Sebastian. Vero is only like a 10 minute drive from their house.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:48 AM   #823
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfosbenner View Post
We moved our dummy date to 11/3/2012 that is Jersey Week again. DD may be in field hockey then but states "I'll mis it for a cruise!"
I better record that!
Waited 18 min just to speak to a CM who stated it has been nuts! oftern 30 - 45min wait times.

We added a friends name for DD because I heard that even though the room is booked they run out of places for kids. CM said lifeboat space.

It is a new itinerary eastern with San Juan. Nice since we have only done westerns!

Our other option was for Thanksgiving but $500 ($250 per person )more per stateroom and we have two with DD's guest.

We are also thinking of Hawaii next winter. Hope to stay at Aulani if we can get a room.
Wow! that's amazing that DCL is so busy! Maybe that's part of the reason they are holding back the schedules for the rest of 2012- I guess if they released 4 ships itineraries at once it would be REALLY ridiculous getting through- sounds like they didn't hire more CMs or maybe not too many.

I saw that the NJ cruise was an Eastern next year- the eastern Caribbean is GORGEOUS, when we are there we always think how ethereal it is... We don't really think that on the western. This summer we are doing a 9 night Eastern on RCCL (the Explorer out of Bayonne) and we will be stopping in San Juan....but not for long- I think we're going to do Segways, although I will probably send Pods golfing because I overheard him complaining he wants to golf on vacation and doesn't really do that when we cruise.

I sure hope we can get into Aulani when we both want to!! It looks like the resort is going to be GORGEOUS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papertraveller View Post
Wow, Vero looks empty! We're doing what I think I'll call "The Reverse Podsnel" and staying at Vero first, then the Magic Western.

And since I have special status as your own personal stalker/papparazzi, what are the Aulani plans for next year?

I still can't decide whether to try for summer 2012 there (with an extra week at the neighbouring Marriott) or to try for something different. Also not sure how DD would feel having her WDW ration reduced!
Vero wasn't empty, it was just cool so I think alot of people were staying inside. Have fun on the Reverse Podsnel!!

Our Aulani plans next year are to try to get a 2 bdrm for 5-7 nights in early August. We would also go to Kauai for a second island, I've been looking at condos in Hanalei Bay, for another 4-5 nights. Ideally we would like to be in Hawaii for 11 nights. Pods' younger brother & his family would be joining us, which would make my kids ecstatic! We will use frequent flyer miles to go, and I'm worried about Continental/United enhancing my experience by cutting out their program , but hope that won't happen, and also worried about getting Aulani at 7 months. I'm guardedly optomistic!

We would be going to WDW for NJ week that year, too- using our new BWV points (I think) to book a standard 1 bdrm for a week. But so much hinges on the ability to book Aulani for a big part of the trip (although, I could always rent the points out and just pay for a hotel room, I guess, but I would kind of like the kitchen in a villa).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
just got the ap newsletter...we will get to see hermans hermitts in may
I KNOW!!! When I was a baby, my cousins told me I would LOVE dancing to them in my playpen when Henry the 8th would come on the radio...and I would do the "Yeaaaaaahhhhhh" at the end and they would all laugh at me. Guess I've been a fan for a VERY long time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
We stayed at Vero last September for a night before the Members Cruise. My only complaint was the big sand hill to go up and down from the beach. Especially when my family left me with everything to carry! Plus we have gone down for a day/drink visit when we have visited our friends who live in Sebastian. Vero is only like a 10 minute drive from their house.
Yea, that big hill gets a lot of complaints. It's because of a storm that came through after they added all the sand back to the beach trying to build it back up. It was not like that on our first visit in 2009. I have read there are plans to fix it- but it is not up to Disney, it is up to the municipality, I believe.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:03 PM   #824
MEK
DIS Veteran

Ellen -

Great updates! I am all caught up. Finally found my way over to the cruise boards.

Boo - to the last day of the cruise and the yucky breakfast. I guess the last morning must be really depressing.

That be said, your pictures of Vero are spectacular. You got so many beautiful sunset shots and pool shots. Really, really nice pictures.

I want to sit in that Green Cabin Room and have a drink. When we stayed there we had a perfect ocean view so we drank out there, but I'm sorry I missed the GC room.

I am still scarred by my pool slide experience. I hit my head on that slide and my noggin was numb. I think it will be awhile before I got on that slide again. (OK - maybe never)

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:28 PM   #825
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Finally caught up !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: