Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #796
mmmears
DIS Veteran

I'm still really enjoying your TR, even though the cruise is over. I agree about the breakfast -- it would be so much better for them to just hand something out on our way off the ship. Good idea!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:41 PM   #797
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Well, I guess all we can do now is "Dreeeeeeeam. Dream Dream Dream of DISmoms fun........."
Darn tooting we will dream of that trip.

I hate the last day of vacation no matter where you are. I just don't want to go back to reality.

But where is your computer???

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2011, 08:18 AM   #798
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpixie0920 View Post
It was very refreshing, I really want to try the blood orange one next time, although I don't think there is one on the menu I wouldn't like.
The blood orange one is really sweet- if you like really sweet, you'll love it! I had a habanero one in November....it was REALLY hot! I tried some of someone else's first, and his wasn't so hot, so I tried one- and mine was REALLY hot!! Can't wait to go there again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkmom2 View Post
I am sad to hear it's the end of your cruiseI will stay tuned for the rest!
Thank-you!! Hey- did you see they released the remainder of 2012 for the Fantasy? But what about the Magic???

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Well, I guess all we can do now is "Dreeeeeeeam. Dream Dream Dream of DISmoms fun........."
We are going to have a BLAST on that Dream!!! But first we'll have to have a blast stayin' at the BWV in less than three months! And YOU'LL have to have a blast without me on the Magic...think you can manage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post

Seriously, it is the worst breakfast ever. Our server (who wasn't such a great guy to begin with) treated us like we were unwelcome guests who had stayed too long at the party. Our assistant server (the nice guy) was not there. I'm not sure if he was assigned somewhere else or what, but getting juice and coffee that last morning was a challenge. And since we had early seating, caffeine was a must!

I'm considering skipping breakfast altogether next time.

We disembarked pretty quickly and Mike saw a teenager carrying the painted skull thingie we were not able to find in Cozumel that he had wanted to buy. I had told him then since we couldn't find it, it must not exist there. Whoops.

We had gotten a day room at the Hyatt MCO and laid around watching movies all day until it was time for our flight.

And now I have to stop typing, cause I'm getting sad just thinking about the fact that it is mid-February and sunshine and drinks of the day are no where in my immediate future.
I am still so sad you had that horrible server....I hope if that ever happens again to any of us, we will all go up and get ourselves moved to another table. He really sounded like the server that needs to be re-Disneyfied!

Sorry about that skull....oops!

I didn't know they had day rooms at the Hyatt, but I guess it would make sense that they do. Is your next vacation in August? Is it another Western, for skull shopping, or an eastern?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylA View Post
Love this! Your right. An egg sandwich on the way out would be so much better. That last breakfast is just awful. It is sad, everyone is cranky because it is so early in the morning and the food is not very good at all! Thinking I may skip it next cruise. Are there any other breakfast options that morning or do I need to bring some ziplocks and stash some stuff from room service from the day before?

At least you weren't headed back yet. Looking forward to hearing about your last 2 days in Florida.
I think I may skip it next time, too- unless I really, REALLY love my servers! Next time I might just head to WDW for breakfast instead. I don't know if there are other options on the ship- I am pretty certain that nothing else is available onboard. So maybe stashing some from the night before is the way to go....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
I'm still really enjoying your TR, even though the cruise is over. I agree about the breakfast -- it would be so much better for them to just hand something out on our way off the ship. Good idea!
Ok...I'll call DCL later today and tell them we all agree- baggie sandwiches it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
Darn tooting we will dream of that trip.

I hate the last day of vacation no matter where you are. I just don't want to go back to reality.

But where is your computer???
I don't know....where oh where is my computer?? Oh where, oh where can it be?????
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:56 AM   #799
podsnel

It's a c-c-c-cold day in Vero, my friends!

SO, we had miraculously stuffed ourselves and our 99 pieces of luggage into our rental car, and were pulling into Vero in no time. Of course, I had already called the Limo driver about my computer- our plan was to meet him tomorrow at the airport to get my computer...quite frankly, I was not feeling too comfortable with this plan, but what could I do? Well....we'll have to see how it all works out, I guess. We also were going to have to meet someone from Owners Locker at the airport, to give back our locker. It just sounds like a lot of coordinating, doesn't it? Stay tuned...this part of the story isn't over yet!

Anyway, when we arrived at Vero Beach, our room was ready right away- an ocean view inn room, which is basically a hotel room with a kitchenette. So pretty-

We had a view of the pool (with the ocean beyond)-

This would make our third DVC stay in a row with a pool view- so weird! Never had even one ever before, and now? Nothin BUT!

We put on our swimsuits, and headed down to the pool. It WAS chilly, but we figured we would sit in the sun and suck it up! On the lawn, they were set up for a wedding...one of two that were scheduled for that day-

Hungry, (I know, how is it possible after that ROBUST meal on the ship?) we ordered some lunch from Bleachers-

Afterwards, the boys played some mini-golf (which looked really nice, it has been refurbed since our last visit)

And Pods assumed the position....

T&T then grabbed a basketball and went to shoot some hoops with some other boys they met-

We watched them for a few, before Pods & I went back-

We walked on the beach, and checked out the infamous ledge-

To be cont'd.....

Old 02-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #800
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I am still so sad you had that horrible server....I hope if that ever happens again to any of us, we will all go up and get ourselves moved to another table. He really sounded like the server that needs to be re-Disneyfied!

Sorry about that skull....oops!

I didn't know they had day rooms at the Hyatt, but I guess it would make sense that they do. Is your next vacation in August? Is it another Western, for skull shopping, or an eastern?

I think I may skip it next time, too- unless I really, REALLY love my servers! Next time I might just head to WDW for breakfast instead. I don't know if there are other options on the ship- I am pretty certain that nothing else is available onboard. So maybe stashing some from the night before is the way to go....

Honestly, we should have asked to be moved. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt though. I thought that maybe he just needed to get know us and then he would warm up. After two nights, I realized that it probably wasn't going to happen. And by then, it almost seemed too late to ask for a move. If it happens again, I am out of there!

The August cruise is an Eastern itinerary....we wanted to go someplace different. So, no skulls for Mike!

You can go to the buffet for breakfast in the morning rather than to your assigned restaurant, although the servers encourage you to come to breakfast with them (I think because they know they can hustle you off the ship quicker that way!) I believe it is open until 8:30. We may give that a try next time, or maybe order extra room service the day before and store the stuff for the morning.

Did you see they released the Fantasy itineraries through the end of December 2012? I was curious to see if Jen was going to book something....I think she has a dummy booking, but I'm pretty sure she was thinking about bumping it to an October date if anything appealed. I love October, but it will be difficult to pull the kids out from school anymore after this year.

Edited to Add: Vero Beach looks lovely! Must go there someday.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:20 AM   #801
podsnel

Quote:
Honestly, we should have asked to be moved. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt though. I thought that maybe he just needed to get know us and then he would warm up. After two nights, I realized that it probably wasn't going to happen. And by then, it almost seemed too late to ask for a move. If it happens again, I am out of there!

The August cruise is an Eastern itinerary....we wanted to go someplace different. So, no skulls for Mike!

You can go to the buffet for breakfast in the morning rather than to your assigned restaurant, although the servers encourage you to come to breakfast with them (I think because they know they can hustle you off the ship quicker that way!) I believe it is open until 8:30. We may give that a try next time, or maybe order extra room service the day before and store the stuff for the morning.

Did you see they released the Fantasy itineraries through the end of December 2012? I was curious to see if Jen was going to book something....I think she has a dummy booking, but I'm pretty sure she was thinking about bumping it to an October date if anything appealed. I love October, but it will be difficult to pull the kids out from school anymore after this year.

Edited to Add: Vero Beach looks lovely! Must go there someday.
WOW!! That is really good to know!! I didn't think it was an option because the servers the night before ARE very insistent you come to them for breakfast. I will absolutely head to Topsiders next May!! Thanks!!

Yes, I did see they released the Fantasy itineraries- but what about THE MAGIC?????? Where is she going??? Please say NYC, DCL!!

We can't take our kids out anymore, either. We got SLAMMED when we got home this time, they missed 4 days. But 2012 is a presidential election, so that means they would only miss 2 days if we went NJ week....and it's an eastern,which I would rather...but, we are HOPEFULLY going to Hawaii in Aug 2012, so any other vacation that year would have to be on a much smaller scale...cruises really don't fit into that category, do they? We are hoping to book Aulani at 7 months, for a week, then go to Kuaui for 4 or 5 nights...so we'll see what happens next January when I try to book it! Our plan is to go to WDW during that November week- using our BWV points, I think..... Not sure what Jen will do in October....Jen?? Any plans yet???
Old 02-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #802
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Vero beach looks amazing.

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #803
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
I was curious to see if Jen was going to book something....I think she has a dummy booking, but I'm pretty sure she was thinking about bumping it to an October date if anything appealed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel
Not sure what Jen will do in October....Jen?? Any plans yet???
Yes, actually we chose September. We pretty much knew the date all along. 9/22/12 Eastern. I would have LOVED to join everyone on the 8/25 but the prices on that one are thousands more than the 9/22. Last time I priced out the 8/25 it was in the $6K range..and we couldn't get "our" rooms we wanted. LOL. But the 9/22 was only $4770.XX which is a STEAL if you ask me, I am delighted in the price. Less than we paid for the MNSSHC!!!

We were tossing around the 10/20. Ron thought it was one of the alternate San Juan itineraries (apparently it is not). That threw us for a loop, we were not expecting San Juan! Thought we could get in some more Halloween cruising that way but that date just does not work out as well for dance/football. The 10/20 seems very popular though as I have seen mentions of people that have booked it on FB and here ont he main board. So we went with the 9/22. I think I am getting my claws into some of the original Double Dip Delighters, and let me tell you they are a FANTASTIC bunch so I sense this is gonna be a good one!

Ahem. Plenty of room to join us!

My meet thread sure is lonely. It's just me and Ron.

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #804
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Won't the monkeys be jealous???

Your last dinner looks scrumptious. So sorry this journey is ending...but you have another one right around the corner!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:07 PM   #805
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Yes, I did see they released the Fantasy itineraries- but what about THE MAGIC?????? Where is she going??? Please say NYC, DCL!!

...., we are HOPEFULLY going to Hawaii in Aug 2012, so any other vacation that year would have to be on a much smaller scale...cruises really don't fit into that category, do they? We are hoping to book Aulani at 7 months, for a week, then go to Kuaui for 4 or 5 nights...so we'll see what happens next January when I try to book it!
Are you kidding? If DCL came to New York, I don't know what I would do with myself!

I would love, love, love to go to Hawaii. Mike and I are toying with the idea of going there for a joint 40th birthday trip (we both turn 40 in 2012), but I'm not sure if we can swing it and take the family vacation the same year. We may need to put if off a bit. These kids...they sure are complicating our lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Yes, actually we chose September. We pretty much knew the date all along. 9/22/12 Eastern. I would have LOVED to join everyone on the 8/25 but the prices on that one are thousands more than the 9/22. Last time I priced out the 8/25 it was in the $6K range..and we couldn't get "our" rooms we wanted. LOL. But the 9/22 was only $4770.XX which is a STEAL if you ask me, I am delighted in the price. Less than we paid for the MNSSHC!!!

We were tossing around the 10/20. Ron thought it was one of the alternate San Juan itineraries (apparently it is not). That threw us for a loop, we were not expecting San Juan! Thought we could get in some more Halloween cruising that way but that date just does not work out as well for dance/football. The 10/20 seems very popular though as I have seen mentions of people that have booked it on FB and here ont he main board. So we went with the 9/22. I think I am getting my claws into some of the original Double Dip Delighters, and let me tell you they are a FANTASTIC bunch so I sense this is gonna be a good one!

Yay for you on the new booking! I'm sorry you are not going to be on our cruise though. September or October would have been my preference, but Allison starts middle school (6th grade) that year, and I think it would be hard for her to start a new school and then be absent for a week or more right at the beginning. Unfortunately, this probably means more expensive, but fewer vacations for us.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:37 PM   #806
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

Sorry about your final meal on the ship. Vero looks great though! What's the area like? Things to see or just pure relax beach vacation?

Can't wait to find out about the computer/locker story!
Old 02-18-2011, 01:53 AM   #807
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Vero looks great again, and the chicken tenders look like a better breakfast.

hmmm May Dreams and Sept Double dippen eh.... tempting.. very very tempting....
Old 02-18-2011, 08:47 AM   #808
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess aleya View Post
Vero beach looks amazing.
It is very, very pretty there. And very, very quiet there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post

So happy you got your cruise booked! I hope they come up with dates & destinations for the rest of the fleet soon. The suspense is killing me!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Won't the monkeys be jealous???

Your last dinner looks scrumptious. So sorry this journey is ending...but you have another one right around the corner!
Yea- the monkeys are jealous...between me kissing Mickey & Thomas,

maybe now they won't take me for granted!!

Quote:
Are you kidding? If DCL came to New York, I don't know what I would do with myself!

I would love, love, love to go to Hawaii. Mike and I are toying with the idea of going there for a joint 40th birthday trip (we both turn 40 in 2012), but I'm not sure if we can swing it and take the family vacation the same year. We may need to put if off a bit. These kids...they sure are complicating our lives!

Yay for you on the new booking! I'm sorry you are not going to be on our cruise though. September or October would have been my preference, but Allison starts middle school (6th grade) that year, and I think it would be hard for her to start a new school and then be absent for a week or more right at the beginning. Unfortunately, this probably means more expensive, but fewer vacations for us.
DCL sent out a questionaire last year asking if people would like to cruise out of Galveston or NYC...so that's where the rumor is from. NYC has a LOT of cruise ships coming out of it- really hoping for JUST ONE MORE!!!!

We are hoping to hit Hawaii for our 25th anniversary- we went on our honeymoon to Maui & Hawaii....so this time we're thinking Oahu (obviously) and Kauai. Fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
Sorry about your final meal on the ship. Vero looks great though! What's the area like? Things to see or just pure relax beach vacation?

Can't wait to find out about the computer/locker story!
It is very quiet there- the resort is in a very residential area, the restaurants/shops/etc for the most part are 20 minutes away. It is a pure relaxing vacation. I like going there, but a short visit is about right for me. I like to DO stuff, as we all know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
Vero looks great again, and the chicken tenders look like a better breakfast.

hmmm May Dreams and Sept Double dippen eh.... tempting.. very very tempting....
MAY!!! MAY 6th!!!! Be tempted!!! Be very tempted!!! Say yes!!!! Give in to your temptation!!!!
Old 02-19-2011, 09:58 AM   #809
podsnel

More Vero

We went back to the pool- the boys felt like checking out the slide-

And the hot tub-

There was a DJ playing, and the CMs were running a bunch of games. There were alot of little ones participating- it seems that it was NJ week here, too, alot of families had been there all week. The boys and I decided to go pick out a movie to watch that night, and we also picked up some Christmas Rice krispie treats.

We were back up in our room, and tyler took my picture-

The boys needed to work on their homework (AGAIN!) so we all took a break-

While they were working, Pods and I went to the Green Cabin Room for a bit.... oops! Have to run! Back later to finish up!!

Old 02-19-2011, 10:58 AM   #810
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great Update Ellen !!!! Looks gorgeous !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: