Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2010, 08:33 PM   #256
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThomsLuvDisney View Post
I'm loving your TR and those sunset pics were awesome!!
Thank-you so much for saying so- I was really afraid I would be boring everyone and almost took a couple out! Glad to hear it was ok to leave them in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortholablady View Post
That's Pods with the dancing ladies? What did they do to him? He's missing a shoe and then he's wearing different clothes in the rest of the pics.

Well...if you MUST know...those ****ty women TOOK his CLOTHES!!! I had to dress him quick before we went out into the UBER conservative town of KW!

Key West looks fun.

Yes...yes it is. A lot. a LOT!

Nice sunset pictures!
Thank-you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl628 View Post
Beautiful sunset pictures! My DD was also excited to see the picture of Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum. We will have to check it out.
GREAT!! We went to Ripley's in Niagara Falls a few years ago- the kids loooooved it- it was fascinating! I bet this would be similar, because I'm fairly sure it's franchised and somewhat consistent. Have a great time!!!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:56 AM   #257
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Ellen, once again I am behind with comments... I really loved your Key West posts, it sounds like you had a lot of fun. I was once on the Keys, but did not travel all the way to Key West. It is still one of those things I want to do one day. It looks like a very relaxed place.

But most importantly, I wanted to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas! I hope you will spend some wonderful time together over the holidays!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #258
bfosbenner
Cherishing each visit

merry christmas to all
bfosbenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:33 PM   #259
podsnel

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!!!!

Old 12-24-2010, 03:57 PM   #260
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile The results are in.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!!!!

this pic....... M-U-C-H better than the TOT pic (idea I thought up a few postings back) for your family Christmas card.

Say.....Goofy ?:

Was it you who has attended a NY Yankee game??. If so, where wud u suggest I sit?? What section.....on the Yankees side??

Reason why I ask is I just booked a 6nght 7 day stay up at NYC - never been to the Big Apple & lookin' forward to it

But 1st.......I gotta get thru my adventure into the Emerald Aisle (June 11th).

Thanks for any input!

Have a great and safe weekend -

P.s. ok.......say.....what about that TOT pic for.......your family EASTER picture?.

T.T.F.N.
My "ADVENTURES N IRELAND" - TRIP REPORT; JUNE 2011 (w/pics & video) -http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N HAWAII" -October 2011 trip report (w/pics & video)- http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2&referrerid=0
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND & SCOTLAND" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT - August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; DEC 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040

Last edited by knewton64; 12-24-2010 at 09:49 PM.
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:16 PM   #261
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

What a great family picture! Merry Christmas to you too!
ortholablady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:55 PM   #262
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Ellen! So sorry to hear your stove is broken. After all the baking I've done this week, and all the cooking to do tomorrow, I'd almost say Well Done! Hope you enjoy your Celebration anyway!

Your KW day looked like lots of fun!

The Ostrich Tail girl - maybe a Vegas dancer buying supplies?
I think the daytime crowd at KW would be more my style.
Oh shoot! If I knew you were going out, I would have had you pick up some pasties for me! I'm all out!
Love, Love, Love the sunset pics! That's one thing we miss by having early seating for dinner - we don't get to see sunsets much.

I'm glad the boys enjoyed the show. Enjoy your Christmas and don't forget to come back to us!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 10:37 AM   #263
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas, Ellen and family!

Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #264
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Happy Holidays Miss Ellen and Family!!!! What a beautiful family holiday photo!

Santa visited our house last night (yes, we are one of those families who celebrates several diverse winter holidays) and left nice presents for all, including treats for the pup. Rob received mainly tools (a bit of a hint from Santa to get back to work). Rob and Sarah both received zen clocks from me (so hopefully I will not be awaken by their buzzing alarm clocks any longer). Sarah received many books, cds, ... and a talking Toy Story Woody, who does not talk. Not a problem, the nice lady at the DisneyStore.com said another would be in the express mail right away. I received more Africian art and Grandma (my mother) received a "moving picture frame". Grandma was so excited with her present that we could not get her to stop looking at it while we opened the rest of the gifts. And while we all received welcome gifts, the best part, as always was being together and watching one another enjoy our tokens of love.

Off topic, I love the smell of AKL-Jambo and today I figured out what the smell is... wood smoke, I have been tending the fire this morning and my hands smell like Jambo.

Looking forward to hearing how you handled not having an oven for the holidays.

Kate

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #265
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

As I log on here, I see your christmas card sitting on my counter. Ugh! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! love the photo

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #266
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas a day late due to sickness !!! Great Family Pix Ellen !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #267
MEK
DIS Veteran

Hi Ellen!

I wondered where your TR was. I am so glad I found it over here on the Cruise Boards. I read the whole thing from top to bottom.

Your first day on the boat sounds like a disaster. OMG - I am so glad you located your computer. How awful to be sailing away knowing it was missing.

And poor Timmy, smashing his finger like that. And then waiting and waiting for dinner.

I have to say, I am thoroughly impressed with the food. YUM!

And the reason I came over here is because Denny has agreed to a Disney cruise. It won't be for another year. But I think its just going to be the two of us. I am so excited, I can't wait. It looks like a blast!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #268
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Oooh, Root 1....a favorite wine of mine!

We took the kids on the Olde Towne Trolley Tour and took the obligatory photo at the Southernmost point. In hindsight, Mike and I probably would've have enjoyed Key West more following a similar tour plan to yours. And I think the kids could have lived without Key West. Oh well, next time maybe!
Old 12-26-2010, 05:17 PM   #269
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Merry Christmas Ellen! Hope you and your family had a great holiday. I love your holiday card. Tyler looks like such a grown-up!!

Quote:

I know EXACTLY where you were when you took this picture. The reason I know is because I spent the majority of my cruise sitting right there, with that exact view.

Sounds like a great day in Key West. Glad you had a wonderful, problem-free day!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #270
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Ellen, once again I am behind with comments... I really loved your Key West posts, it sounds like you had a lot of fun. I was once on the Keys, but did not travel all the way to Key West. It is still one of those things I want to do one day. It looks like a very relaxed place.

But most importantly, I wanted to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas! I hope you will spend some wonderful time together over the holidays!
You are not THAT far behind! Key West is a very artsy, fun place. There is a great vibe there- it's very "What ever makes you feel good, please go right ahead and do it, we're all behind you!" There is not a whole lot of judgement there. It's a lot of fun! Hope you had a Merry Christmas, too, thank-you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfosbenner View Post
merry christmas to all
Thank-you!! Merry Christmas to all of you, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post
this pic....... M-U-C-H better than the TOT pic (idea I thought up a few postings back) for your family Christmas card.

Thank-you!
Say.....Goofy ?:

Was it you who has attended a NY Yankee game??. If so, where wud u suggest I sit?? What section.....on the Yankees side??

Yes, I posted a lot of Yankee pics last summer- we were fortunate to be get tickets twice, both times the seats were awesome!! They were field seats- the first time, we were in the premium seats where there is waiter service in right field. While that was nice, I preferred the other seats, which were right next to the bull pen in right field- that was where Nick Swisher ran up to us and we could watch Mariano Rivera warm up to close the game. And there is no Yankees side-it's Yankee Stadium, the whole thing is the Yankees side!

Sounds like you have an AWESOME year of vacations planned!! Are you doing ABD again??

And thanks for the card tip- not sure if I'll be sending Easter cards out...

Reason why I ask is I just booked a 6nght 7 day stay up at NYC - never been to the Big Apple & lookin' forward to it

But 1st.......I gotta get thru my adventure into the Emerald Aisle (June 11th).

Thanks for any input!

Have a great and safe weekend -

P.s. ok.......say.....what about that TOT pic for.......your family EASTER picture?.

T.T.F.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortholablady View Post
What a great family picture! Merry Christmas to you too!
Thank-you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hi Ellen! So sorry to hear your stove is broken. After all the baking I've done this week, and all the cooking to do tomorrow, I'd almost say Well Done! Hope you enjoy your Celebration anyway!

Yes, well- I ended up spending half the day running up and down the street to my neighbor's house and using her oven. A HUGE PITA!!! But I was soooooooooooo grateful to her for allowing me to do it!

Your KW day looked like lots of fun!

It was fun, thanks!

The Ostrich Tail girl - maybe a Vegas dancer buying supplies?
I think the daytime crowd at KW would be more my style.
Oh shoot! If I knew you were going out, I would have had you pick up some pasties for me! I'm all out!
Love, Love, Love the sunset pics! That's one thing we miss by having early seating for dinner - we don't get to see sunsets much.

I'm glad the boys enjoyed the show. Enjoy your Christmas and don't forget to come back to us!
Pasties are the BEST! Where would we girls be without them??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: