Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #166
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Oh those bubble bath pics will be great blackmail someday!!! Ha!! Except all of the internet has now already seen them!

Nice ride! Woot!!!!

I'd better get on the ball you are catching up to me! (I've been busy with Chrsitmas stuff and still don't have my laptop back yet, as if that's an excuse!!! )

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:11 PM   #167
elizabethswan
Mouseketeer

great report so far. ellen, you write the best trip reports! i love reading them and it is so helpful to see all the wonderful resorts i have yet to try. i am a little nervous about your bad luck to come, but know you always seem to have a great time no matter what. thanks again for another fun read and will follow along as you update!
elizabethswan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #168
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

love that you all crammed so much in such a short time! theres always time to hit the pool!

omg im surprised that boys let you take pics. Mine would have dived underwater LOL and if its any consolation the food looked good. (but not as good as those crap tostadas LOL)

Wow they gave away good stuff at MSSHP (sp? LOL)

And look at you not only is its a limo but stretch SUV... i know thats how you roll.. Cant wait to here whats next but you didnt even give us a teaser LOL
Old 12-16-2010, 08:00 AM   #169
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Wow you guys can get a lot done in a short amount of time. Your pictures from Mission Space were great. Never seen any before on here and really enjoyed them. We rode that ride once, and that was enough for me. Glad you guys really like it and can make the most of it and share your fun with all of us. And the TT photo is great. Pods should try and relax a little more.

Those bubble bath pictures are a hoot. I bet the boys will love it when you whip them out to show their girlfriends before they go off to prom or something.

Too bad your cruise morning started off on a bad note. Really hope it gets better, but it doesn't sound like it. You had a nice ride to the port though! So, I'm anxious to read what happens.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:51 AM   #170
myelton01
Mouseketeer

Oh no...... Hopefully what comes next isn't too bad!!!

Great update! I see the bubble bath pics as blackmail to show their future wives!
Old 12-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #171
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

On our way to the port!

We were repeating our past decision to arrange for a limousine to the port- we do this for a couple of reasons. First, we can stop on the way to the port. And since we're on a DISNEY cruise, we can bring on water bottles (which we primarily are water drinkers, so we absolutely need a case for the week), and even better stuff, like bottles of wine & a bottle of Captain Morgan's (Pods loves to mix CM w/ diet coke- he says it tastes like cream soda). Second, we can leave when we want to (I heard on our cruise that one of the Disney buses arrived so late from WDW that they all missed lunch). Third, we can arrive (hopefully) without a whole bus full of people, so maybe we can get through check-in and onboard quicker. And finally, what better possible way could there be to arrive to your Disney Cruise but in a stretch limo, where you have spent 45 minutes on the way watching a Disney movie to get even MORE pumped for your closer approaching vacation while sipping a bottle of bubbly in extreme luxury. Aaaahhhh....well, that pretty much sums up why WE go for the limo, anyway! This perfectly describes what our experience was last time- our driver picked us up, had a pre-arranged spot on the way to the port all picked out to stop for liquids, played the Incredibles on 4 flat screens, and had champagne on ice waiting for us. BLISS! It was so perfect, we hired the same Limo company again, making the same arrangements as we had the last time.

Except....it wasn't quite the seamless experience as the last time. Much nicer limo, though- I will definitely say that. This time....no champagne. The driver, who was nice enough, could not tell us how to turn on the tv. Even if he could have, there was no Disney movie (or any other movie, for that matter) to watch to pump us up. So instead of hanging together giggling like last time, our family looked like this-

Pods reading the paper, the boys playing with the itouches. ANd the driver says, "Ok, we're going to Port Canaveral! We should be there within an hour!" Ummmm....but we have to stop- at a grocery and a liquor store. We paid for the stop. We need to stop. This was all news to him, but he was very nice about it. And he tried to think of a place to take us. So we went- out of Disney, and in the direction opposite from the port.

And made a stop for wine, and the Captain....but then he had to think of another place for the water.......he actually offered to look for a Disney movie for us at the grocery he found, but since he couldn't figure out how to turn on the tv or dvd, what was the point? Then we were finally on our way, back past Disney, and towards the port.

OMG, it took forever to get there!!! But we finally had our first glimpse-

YAY!!!!! We are here!!!!!

I was the first one to get out, as I am the one with all the documents, etc. Pods said, "Get the laptop." And I said ok- but when I tried to climb out of the car with my computer and camera bag and purse, well, I just was not coordinated enough to pull that off. So I put down the computer bag. ANd got out. And checked in. And was told by the porter that no longer could we bring a case of water on the ship in a case form, it needed to be in a bag.

Which threw me, I guess. So I tried to figure out a bag for it, but I couldn't come up with anything, so he let us slide (he said it was a new rule. Who knows. But my advice is grab some shopping bags or pack a baggalini and shove your water in them- you can throw the tags on the bags, the porter will give you as many as you want.). Pods cleaned out the limo of all of our luggage. And as we were discussing what to do about the water....our limo drove away.

Well that was weird....the driver didn't even say goodbye! We looked at each other and laughed, and said, "Well, THAT was different!" But we thought because of all the delays (unexpected to him) like our late departure & stopping at 2 stores that he had someone else to get and we had made him late. Anyway...who cares? We were going on the DISNEY CRUISE!!!! It was finally HERE!!!!!!

Checkin was 1,2,3 and done- we arrived at the port at about 1:00, and we were onboard at 1:15. Zippity quick! A few terminal pics-

We were just in time to take a pic with the character who was out there- but, not, because as soon as we were about to step up, his handler pulled him away. I think it was Pluto. But no biggie- kind of went with the rest of our day so far, don't ya think? We traded cameras with another family, and took pics of each other-

And then....it was HAPPY TIME!!!!!

Huh- maybe I should call that too-cool-for-school-time! I really do love that pic of them, though!

Here we go!!

They announced us- and I got all teared up (of COURSE!!!) and we were ready to start our cruise!! The CMs informed us we would be able to get into our cabins in 15 minutes, so we decided to just head to the cabin deck and wait to drop our stuff off. But first, we had to check out some of the very cool Halloween decorations-

Then it was up to Deck 6 to wait to get in the cabin!!

podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:06 AM   #172
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Oh those bubble bath pics will be great blackmail someday!!! Ha!! Except all of the internet has now already seen them!

Nice ride! Woot!!!!

I'd better get on the ball you are catching up to me! (I've been busy with Chrsitmas stuff and still don't have my laptop back yet, as if that's an excuse!!! )
I think I may have to borrow a pic from the hallway from you for my next installment- I AM catching up to you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethswan View Post
great report so far. ellen, you write the best trip reports! i love reading them and it is so helpful to see all the wonderful resorts i have yet to try. i am a little nervous about your bad luck to come, but know you always seem to have a great time no matter what. thanks again for another fun read and will follow along as you update!
Thanks so much!!! You always say the nicest things!! And yes, we do have a great time no matter what- but this first day was a rough one-because it was one thing after another that on their own would be no big deal, but one after another started to feel like we had a black cloud hanging over us. But our night did have a nice ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
love that you all crammed so much in such a short time! theres always time to hit the pool!

omg im surprised that boys let you take pics. Mine would have dived underwater LOL and if its any consolation the food looked good. (but not as good as those crap tostadas LOL)

Wow they gave away good stuff at MSSHP (sp? LOL)

And look at you not only is its a limo but stretch SUV... i know thats how you roll.. Cant wait to here whats next but you didnt even give us a teaser LOL
Crap Tostadas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Wow you guys can get a lot done in a short amount of time. Your pictures from Mission Space were great. Never seen any before on here and really enjoyed them. We rode that ride once, and that was enough for me. Glad you guys really like it and can make the most of it and share your fun with all of us. And the TT photo is great. Pods should try and relax a little more.

Those bubble bath pictures are a hoot. I bet the boys will love it when you whip them out to show their girlfriends before they go off to prom or something.

Too bad your cruise morning started off on a bad note. Really hope it gets better, but it doesn't sound like it. You had a nice ride to the port though! So, I'm anxious to read what happens.
Hey Chris!

Yea- i think they might not allow pics on MS, but they never mentioned it to us, so . Or maybe they do allow it, but no one can do it. And I just wrote about SOME of what happened, but it's just the tip of the iceberg....

Quote:
Originally Posted by myelton01 View Post
Oh no...... Hopefully what comes next isn't too bad!!!

Great update! I see the bubble bath pics as blackmail to show their future wives!
I do think I will have to use those bath tub pics in the future- it seems they might be effective motivators....
Old 12-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #173
Sleeping*Beauty
Waiting For My Prince

Oh no the limo driver ran away with your laptop didn't he?
Sleeping*Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #174
podsnel

Let's go see our cabin!

We were excited to be walking right up to our cabin, pretty much, because it meant we would not have to lug all our stuff around with us at the buffet lunch. The cabins were actually ready late- which is weird, but I think Jen said there was a CoastGuard Inspection going on, and that is what we were waiting for. It wasn't too bad, though- because our deck had plenty of DISpeeps on it from our thread- and we got to meet TJbaggott and nenner1 and their families! So excited to meet them- and so excited to give Jen the first (of many) hugs. The kids waited patiently on the steps-

Thanks for letting me borrow that pic, Jen! The doors opened, and in we went. We personally did not have far to go- we were in Cabin 6058, it was right off the mid-ship elevator lobby where we had been waiting (and no- it was NOT a noisy cabin- it was wonderful!).

Aaahhhhh....it almost feels like we never left!

Next thing we did was to head up to the buffet- we were pretty hungry!!

We were easily able to find a table outside, and in the shade. AWESOME!!

Tyler couldn't wait to go for the unlimited self serve ice cream... he has a very....unique way of doing the serve- I guess this one's a turkey-

Our bellies full, we went for a walk...we had about 20 minutes before our 3 pm DISmeet-

The boys wanted to use a little of their $ to play in the arcade-

At 3 we headed down to the Promenade Lounge. It was time to meet up with everyone from our thread! To be Cont'd...

Old 12-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #175
disneydevil
Earning My Ears

The ship looks amazing!!!!

I hope your driver didn't leave with your computer!!!!!!

Terri
disneydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:45 PM   #176
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Just got all caught up and I must say.... I'm so excited I think I might pee.....

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #177
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Just got all caught up and I must say.... I'm so excited I think I might pee.....
Kara you have such a way with words

Ellen I am soooo hoping 2012 is a Free Cruise !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:10 PM   #178
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
This made me !!! I'll let Fred know!
So if I do all that AND mention I'm Canadian does the $$ go up?!

Quote:

We were the last car of the night. And just so ya know, I kissed ALL the monkeys in my car when the ride was done-

Even though I messed up the order of our umm... evils....

Was Pods doing hair no evil?

Quote:
Epcot was done for the night, and in case there was any doubt in our minds, we were once again slammed with the masses and hoardes of people exiting the park as we swam uphill and upstream as fast as possible- we needed to get back to BCV, change into bathing suits, and get down that slide at Stormalong Bay before the pool closed for the night. Could we make it?

That guy is SO jealous cause he knew what you were up to.

Do your boys know you posted that tub pic?! Blackmail material.

Sorry that breakfast and the limo ride weren't all that great.

Great shots of the port and all the ships! Hope lunch was better than breakfast. Can't wait to read more!
Old 12-17-2010, 01:56 AM   #179
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

love the bathing beauties! It's fun when they still have those childhood moments as they move in to "too cool for school."

Too bad your breakfast and ride didn't start your day out Magically.

I'm worried about the computer - sounds like it was sitting in the parking lot
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:56 AM   #180
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

I sure hope you have your laptop, but I'm fearing the worst.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: