Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2010, 04:17 PM   #151
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

i am all dug out We haven't has a snow day yet. Guess we are a hardy bunch. I think our final total was 14 inches. Minneapolis got a bit more than we did. I am just north of downtown.

I was under the impression that Remmie is there during certain hours. I would love to see him

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:40 PM   #152
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Love your TT pic! And you're right, there should be a thread for these. Goofy ride pics or something.
ortholablady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2010, 10:26 PM   #153
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great Update Ellen !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:47 PM   #154
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

love the pics on the rides, I got yelled at for having my camera out. lol

Test track pic is awesome as always you take such cute ones lol
Old 12-15-2010, 12:10 AM   #155
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

I love how much fun you had together on MM! I'm always mixed up which color is which, also! I love the green side, Jim not so much. I convince DSIS to go with me, and she had to make a trip to the little girl's room with a CM right as we exited. Kind of ruined her day. The Orange side is fun, too, but not the same. Ummm, I'm not sure about the colors, either. I always think green means wimpy cuz anyone can GO on it At least we are on the same page! Maybe green is the color some people turn on the intense side!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:08 AM   #156
myelton01
Mouseketeer

Great update!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:59 AM   #157
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
i am all dug out We haven't has a snow day yet. Guess we are a hardy bunch. I think our final total was 14 inches. Minneapolis got a bit more than we did. I am just north of downtown.

I was under the impression that Remmie is there during certain hours. I would love to see him
I told me kids last night that you had 14" and no snow day- they think your girls got jipped!

So what are Remmie's hours? Does anyone know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortholablady View Post
Love your TT pic! And you're right, there should be a thread for these. Goofy ride pics or something.
I was hunting for one last night, and couldn't find anything, so I think I'm going to start one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great Update Ellen !!!
Thanks Rosie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
love the pics on the rides, I got yelled at for having my camera out. lol

Test track pic is awesome as always you take such cute ones lol
How did they yell at you on MS? I guess Big Brother is always watching- just maybe not quite as much 10 minutes before closing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I love how much fun you had together on MM! I'm always mixed up which color is which, also! I love the green side, Jim not so much. I convince DSIS to go with me, and she had to make a trip to the little girl's room with a CM right as we exited. Kind of ruined her day. The Orange side is fun, too, but not the same. Ummm, I'm not sure about the colors, either. I always think green means wimpy cuz anyone can GO on it At least we are on the same page! Maybe green is the color some people turn on the intense side!
How awful for her! I've never done orange- although I have almost done orange many times, by mistake! Shouldn't they make the colors more relatable? Like, RED is the intense one, and BLUE is the calm one? Very confusing. Good thing I always have someone with me to pull me in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myelton01 View Post
Great update!
Thank-you!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:38 AM   #158
podsnel

Uber Commando Cont'd

Epcot was done for the night, and in case there was any doubt in our minds, we were once again slammed with the masses and hoardes of people exiting the park as we swam uphill and upstream as fast as possible- we needed to get back to BCV, change into bathing suits, and get down that slide at Stormalong Bay before the pool closed for the night. Could we make it?

Can I just say, it was a LOT more challenging than even heading to the rides had been. As you know, the fireworks finish, and there is a mass exodus from all over the park. But we were DETERMINED!!! ANd we kept yelling at the boys to stay with us! It was really kind of ridiculous and funny at the same time-

I did stop for a couple pics, and you KNOW that meant I had to make a mad dash right afterwards to catch up!

We were finally back at BCV, changed into swimsuits, and WOOOHOOOOOOO! We made it! Time for our first ever night time slide at SB!

It's very dark in this tube at night.....

I definitely got my clocks cleaned on that first one, taking pics and all!

We had fun swirling in the whirpool...

And then....it was time to get out. We all felt pretty pleased with ourselves, crammin' all that in to about an hour and a half!

Just a little more to come in the next post....

Old 12-15-2010, 09:15 AM   #159
podsnel

A few pics around BCV

After we dried out and changed, i went for a little walk around BCV...

I loved that this villa decorated their balcony- I saw them doing it the night before. Wish I had brought my gorilla pod! Our room was two floors directly above, I think.

Look Lonnie- a bunny!

That's it! Time for bed- we have a Disney Cruise tomorrow!

Old 12-15-2010, 09:48 AM   #160
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Yea for the record breaking 1 1/2 hours !!!I of course would NOt do that slide but I know the girls would love it !!Kyle .. maybe !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #161
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Yea for the record breaking 1 1/2 hours !!!I of course would NOt do that slide but I know the girls would love it !!Kyle .. maybe !!
I love that slide- it is a great, great pool they have there at the BC/YC! It was especially wondeful to be in it at night- there was hardly anyone there with us- it was just great!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:22 PM   #162
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Ok, not that I'd be a pool hopper or anything but....

I notice you aren't wearing wristbands in SAB, do they not do that anymore, or is it because it was nighttime? Shoot, you should have called me, we'd have made the 45 min drive to swim with ya!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #163
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Ok, not that I'd be a pool hopper or anything but....

I notice you aren't wearing wristbands in SAB, do they not do that anymore, or is it because it was nighttime? Shoot, you should have called me, we'd have made the 45 min drive to swim with ya!
Well then you should plan on visiting next November when we're there!

They do still have the wristbands- it was because we were there at the end of the night, I think. We probably got to the pool at 9:45 and it closed at 10!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:45 PM   #164
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Well then you should plan on visiting next November when we're there!

They do still have the wristbands- it was because we were there at the end of the night, I think. We probably got to the pool at 9:45 and it closed at 10!
We're so there!!!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #165
podsnel

BC Room Service Family Breakfast

The day had finally arrived!!! CRUISE DAY!!!! SO EXCITING! I began packing up the room, and ordered room service- I had read that there was a family breakfast on the room service menu that sounded just perfect for us! I could finish packing up our stuff at a leisurely pace, eat a nice breakfast in the room, and be ready for our 11 am limousine departure. While we waited, our boys took a bubble bath- something they always do when we are staying in a 1 bdrm or larger. Gotta love a great big jacuzzi in the room!

I dumped all that MNSSHP candy out onto the table to take a pic-

And....then we waited. And waited. And waited. And then called- and I was told that room service was waaaaaaaay behind, but they would be there soon. So we waited. And we waited some more.....after about 1 3/4 hours- there was a knock on the door!

So the servers were very apologetic, saying they can't remember when they have been so backed up. Not really their fault, I don't think...

I thought it was so nice the way they came in and set it all up!

It was....ok. The eggs tasted awful, but then scrambled eggs out so rarely taste as good as they do at home, right? In theory, this was a nice breakfast, but in reality...it was not so great. Oh well, live and learn. Next time I'll stick with that yummy-licious yogurt parfait I usually get at the Marketplace.

We had put in a call to bell services to come help with our luggage...last time, we had left out WDW suitcase at AKV and they had transferred it to the BWV for us, where it was waiting after our cruise. This time, we were going to Vero Beach afterwards, so it all had to come with us- INCLUDING our Owners Locker, which made for a TON of stuff. We really needed help- but where was bell services?

Of course, the limo was early, and when it was 11:15, he called again and said we really needed to come down- but, we couldn't because we really needed bell services....a vicious cycle. It seems Bell Services was also waaaaaay backed up that morning, which is why we waited about 45 minutes for them. Nothin like a little stress in your happy morning, huh?

FINALLY....at 11:25, we were on our way into the limo and heading for port-

We were leaving that bad luck behind us at the Beach Club and we were ready to go!! But...was the bad luck really behind us for our day??

Oh...how I wish I could say it was. Up next-

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: