Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2010, 02:05 AM   #1
ZiggyGod
Earning My Ears

Question Question about Old Key West Resort

Hi all! I have a quick question about Old Key West Resort. Im staying there for my first time on December 10-12. Im booked to stay in a studio room. How are the TVs in those rooms? I was wondering if its possible to connect an Xbox 360 to the TVs. I know what your all thinking why would you bring a gaming console when your on a vacation at DISNEY! But sometimes I have a hard time sleeping so ill be up real late wide awake. It also help me pass the time and fall asleep. Don't judge me lol =P So is it possible to hook it up to their tvs or should I bring my own portable TV?

By the way, ive never been to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party. Is it worth going to? Oh! Almost forgot what are the hot spots for awesome alcohol beverages at Epcot what should try and drink? =D

Thanks in advance!
-Mario

Last edited by ZiggyGod; 12-01-2010 at 02:38 AM.
ZiggyGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:07 AM   #2
dvcmember777
Renting DVC points for over 9 Years!

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

We've been staying at OKW for many years. There is only one TV in the studio. They have been refurnishing the rooms for several years now and have upgrade TV's and DVD players. Don't know for sure if the Xbox will work but my guess if that it will. I believe you can plug it into the DVD player or maybe directly to the TV.
The Merry Christmas Party is wonderful! We've been twice and loved it! The crowd is not too bad and there are extra shows, parades, and fireworks that's worth the admission price.
dvcmember777 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2010, 07:09 AM   #3
dvcmember777
Renting DVC points for over 9 Years!

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

More more thing about the Merry Christmas Party. The tickets says the party starts at 7:00. They will start letting you in at 4:00! That's three more hours of fun! Hope this helps.
dvcmember777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #4
mickey&minniealways
DIS Veteran

The best bartenders on the disney property are right there at OKW at the gurgling suitcase. As far as Epcot wish I could help but you will have to ask around.
mickey&minniealways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:53 AM   #5
beccasmom
DIS Veteran

The TVs in the renovated units are flat-panels made by LG. They appear to be about a 26" or 32" screen, probably a bit larger in the GVs. I think you could easily connect the XBox.

MVMCP is a great evening at the MK and I heartily recommend it. It is very popular, so book early!

beccasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #6
ZiggyGod
Earning My Ears

Sweetness ty for all the advice everyone. im so excited for my trip next weekend. :D
ZiggyGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #7
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyGod View Post
By the way, ive never been to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party. Is it worth going to? Oh! Almost forgot what are the hot spots for awesome alcohol beverages at Epcot what should try and drink? =D

Thanks in advance!
-Mario
Try the tequilla bar in the Mexico pavillion and Rose and Crown in the UK. Also the kiosk w/ grey goose and gran marnier slushes in France.
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (2) & OKW Grand Villa; 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; UPCOMING TRIPS: - 2014: GFV & OKW - Sept; SSR & OKW - December
SusieBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #8
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

We keep our old GameCube in our OL so I can say that yes, you will most definately be able to connect a game console.

Gurgling Suitcase is great. Are you looking for beer or spirits?

@Epcot... try them all! Welsh Dragon at Rose & Crown, Grand Marnier or Grey Goose Slush in France, Rose Ragle or Belini in Italy (can also get a wine flight here), beer in Germany, Margarita or Tequila in Mexico...

MinnieGirl33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:38 PM   #9
Niki Andiokno
Mouseketeer

All of the above suggestions are great for drinks. If you like wine there are tastings in France, Italy and Germany. Tutto Italia has a great Moscato di Asti. Get some sake in yhe Japan pavilion. Good beer in Germany where the steins are sold, as well as in Morocco.

The best bartenders at WDW are at California Grill and Tamu lounge on the Poly. CG has my favorite martini. Tamu has an awesome Mai Tai. For a more manly drink, try a back scratcher.

Happy drinking my friend.

Tags
old key west, television, xbox 360

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: