Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #31
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I think that you went at an extremely busy time. Wow. I have really enjoyed your trip report. Thank you for sharing it.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:05 AM   #32
Markie Mouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I think that you went at an extremely busy time. Wow. I have really enjoyed your trip report. Thank you for sharing it.
Thanks for reading it. I guess not too many people found my TR entertaining so thank you to all who did.
Markie Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2010, 12:07 AM   #33
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markie Mouse View Post
Thanks for reading it. I guess not too many people found my TR entertaining so thank you to all who did.
So many times people lurk and don't comment. Sometimes because they are too shy to. Obviously I am not shy. Look at my post count.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:47 AM   #34
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Thanks for doing a report! I really enjoyed it. You got some fantastic pictures. That one of your little girl (I think before the parade started) was wonderful. That's too bad about the crowds. I really hope you can go for your daughter's birthday and feel better about your experience.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:25 AM   #35
Markie Mouse
Mouseketeer

New Sept. 2011 PTR

Well, going back for my DD B-Day didn't work out but we have decided to go in Sept. as my DD starts Pre-school and my Bro ends it with senior year. Me and my wife have begun the panning and saving. The dates are Sept.12th-18th and we may have some extra cast members join us along the way. I won't have the same camera, as I had to give it back. The good news is I'll have a decent P&S. To begin I guess I could talk about the new cast. My little brother (by age not by size) was born at the smallest size of any of us kids and earned the nickname peanut. He is anything but that now at 6' 295lbs. He is going only as a part of a deal to get his grades up. On top of that, my cousin has also been inspired by what I'm doing for my brother and extended the same offer to his brothers. So they might be joining us on the trip for a couple days. Then a couple days later my dad is asked by my daughter if he could come because she really wants his GF to come. LOL. And last but not least my mom tells me her vacation is coming to her in may so she will most likely use it and come with us. So this could end up being one of the best trips ever. I will keep it updated as new details come along. And hopefully you guys can help me along the way.

To start, has anyone used Dreams Unlimited? I was planning on using Getawaytoday.com as they have good prices but not the cheapest. The thing I really like about Getawaytoday is they include tax+fees so the price you get is out the door price. Does anyone have any good tips for planning trips and saving money, or even has good insight on which travel company has the best deals? Thanks!
Old 03-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #36
kaoden39
Hugs

We used Dreams Unlimited in 2007. They were great. I recommend them highly. Our trip was beautifully planned.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #37
Markie Mouse
Mouseketeer

Well it looks as though we may have to postpone or seriously alter our trip as we received the news we are expecting. Gotta love life!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:00 PM   #38
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Well it looks as though we may have to postpone or seriously alter our trip as we received the news we are expecting. Gotta love life!
How wonderful to be having a baby!! Congratulations!!
Old 04-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #39
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Quote:
Congratulations!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:10 PM   #40
TheColtonsMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Whoo Hoo for the new addition! Another future Disney fan in the making... You can still go to Disney pregnant (I did) just have to stick to things like the Jungle Cruise & IASW... but it is a wonderful time for a laid back trip that includes more shows and more sit down meals... stuff you miss when you are frantic to get all the rides in!

My 2010 Christmas TR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2613318
My 2011 Halloween PTR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....613318&page=29
Me Sherri , DH Brant ,DS6Colton
TheColtonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:24 AM   #41
Markie Mouse
Mouseketeer

Bella's 5th B Day PTR!

Well, after much debating, I finally convinced my wife to go back for the 29th leap day. We will be there Feb. 27th through March 3rd. Since I posted the last PTR so much has changed. Like my weight. I struggled with weight and got back up to 320 but now I'm down to 280, I lost my job at the recording studio but now produce at home and work at Best Buy, my aunt died from complications from a tumor removal, and we had our 3rd child.....D'Artagnan James Franco. This will be a emotional trip for me because my aunt and I always talked about going back so I will thinking about her a lot on this trip. I will be buying a new camera and will be testing it out on this trip. I returned the Sony A55 I used for the last trip and will be buying a Canon S100. More compact and still great quality.

The Cast
Me(trust me you don't need a photo)

My DW Amanda

My DD Isabella

My DS Zeke

My DS D'Artagnan

and last my DB Antonio

This trip should be fun, and I am already expecting a huge showing for the 24 hour day but me and my bro figure the crowds will die after 2-3am and we will have a blast till they close. The plan is to get there the 27th, go out and eat, walk around DTD, maybe catch a movie, get some sleep, hit rope drop the 28th, stay till closing, sleep in till around 9 am the morning of the 29th stay till about 3-4pm go back take a huge nap, go back about 8-9 pm till the kiddos are puckered out my wife or bro will go back with them and we will party the night away till 6am. Rest the 1st, go back to hit everything we missed on Friday the 2nd, and leave the 3rd. Can you tell I've planned this out. Well it should be fun, but are there any tips to making my TR more interesting?? Its only my second one and I'd like to make it more memorable not only for you guys but for myself to look back on.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #42
kaoden39
Hugs

Hi there!!

Oh boy I am sure you are going to see crowds! But who knows? I am thinking that it can't stay busy all 24 hours.

Congratulations on your son. He is a doll!!
Old 02-06-2012, 12:51 AM   #43
Markie Mouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Hi there!!

Oh boy I am sure you are going to see crowds! But who knows? I am thinking that it can't stay busy all 24 hours.

Congratulations on your son. He is a doll!!
Thank you, he has been the easiest baby so far. Would you know how to change the title of this thread? You know others put update or added???
Old 02-06-2012, 12:53 AM   #44
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Thank you, he has been the easiest baby so far. Would you know how to change the title of this thread? You know others put update or added???

My third child was my easiest by far. His dr told me that it was my reward. I believe it.

I think that if you go in and edit the first post you can change it there.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #45
Markie Mouse
Mouseketeer

Bought the tickets today, we will be staying at the Tropicana Inn, we thought about the Castle Inn again but after much convincing and trip adviser research we chose the Tropicana. Its the cheapest of the good neighbor hotels right across the way, it was only 250 more than castle on getawaytoday, and the rooms looked far cleaner. Now I'm' off to buy my camera today.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: