Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
HappyontheLake
One cruise down, next one in March 2011

How do I reserve a private cabana on castaway cay?

My date for making reservations is two weeks away ...

I showed my husband pictures of the cabanas and he REALLY wants me to reserve one (he is like me when it comes to crowds, and he is really sensitive to the sun ... and not knowing if he will be undergoing chemo at that point -- he has bladder cancer but is not on chemo right now, but that can change depending on the next cystoscopy in January (praying for no new tumors)).

We are not concierge, so I know that makes a difference.

Thank you oh wise ones of Disboards.
HappyontheLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
scrapbookjulie
Mouseketeer

I inquired about cabanas to the concierge team this weekend. They responded today that they could reserve one for me, but that it is not possible yet to reserve them online. I *think* you have to reserve them on the ship at this point, unless you are staying concierge.

Julie
scrapbookjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
maria-fan-22
DIS Veteran

A little but, do they allow different staterooms to rent one together? $499 seems like a lot but if we can get enough people it could be really fun and worth the extra money.

I'm on Twitter! @DCLdude

http://dcldude.webs.com/
maria-fan-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #4
HappyontheLake
One cruise down, next one in March 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-fan-22 View Post
A little but, do they allow different staterooms to rent one together? $499 seems like a lot but if we can get enough people it could be really fun and worth the extra money.
From what I understand you can share with another stateroom -- capacity of 8 per cabana. But our family alone is 6 people (we have 2 connecting staterooms). We are just praying that if we can get a cabana that we don't get rained out half way through our Castaway Cay day.
HappyontheLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:24 PM   #5
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

The max has been reported as 8 people....BUT....the $499 price only includes up to 6 people so if you added more than 6 it is another $50.00 pp......so to have 8 people it would cost $599.

That was reported the other day on the boards.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:55 PM   #6
hilarys
Hilary S

We had one last Friday while cruising on the Magic. Went to the excursions deck right when we boarded (group 5) and they had about 7 of them left. Overall we were very pleased, but had a glitch with housekeeping coming in and cleaning out the room before end of day (including throwing out our pre-packaged snacks I brought myself and taking all the glasses away. Also we were in number 17 which was in a lovely secluded location but once they we were told we could not go in the water in front of the cabana. The reservation agent at the desk had not told us this when showing the map.

Hilary
hilarys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:08 AM   #7
SharonLowe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilarys View Post
We had one last Friday while cruising on the Magic. Went to the excursions deck right when we boarded (group 5) and they had about 7 of them left. Overall we were very pleased, but had a glitch with housekeeping coming in and cleaning out the room before end of day (including throwing out our pre-packaged snacks I brought myself and taking all the glasses away. Also we were in number 17 which was in a lovely secluded location but once they we were told we could not go in the water in front of the cabana. The reservation agent at the desk had not told us this when showing the map.

Hilary
So others know, cabanas 15-17 are around a bend so not directly on the main beach. They are secluded if that is what you are looking for, but yes, they don't want you swimming in that water because it is outside the ropes. The day we were there in early November, there were people swimming in the water and no one said anything. Also, if you are into shells, they have more of them down at that end of the beach.

Dream Cruise - August 2012, Poly - June 2012, WWOHP - November 2011, Wonder Cruise - November 2010, Poly - April 2010, July 2009, AKL - October 2008, AKL - November 2007, AKL and CR - June 2007, NH and RPR - October 2006, AKL - May 2006, WL - July 2005, AKL - October 2004, AKL - August 2003. AKL - April 2002, OKW - August 2001
And many more....
SharonLowe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: